[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love Between Fairy and Devil 苍兰诀

sugarplum892

Knowledge of the Day...

Did you know that in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Dendrobium, a wild mountain orchid (coiled looking) is used for soups to improve the kidney, lung and stomach...Below is an example of the ingredients for American Ginseng and Dendrobium Soup...

IMG_2196-1024x683.jpg?resize=800,533

CTO

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Adding to @Wuzetian's post. I am so excited to see new content today! We'll be seeing our Moon Tribe F3 on Hi6 soon! Not sure if this was filmed recently or during the promotion of the drama though... does that mean they're still promoting now?!! Click the tweet to watch more clips with translations. I'm so looking forward to these chaotic boys! XD

credit: owner

When I first heard the droplets sound on my first watch, I thought it was part of the music. I didn't correlate the sound to his frozen Sea of Emotions melting haha ;;; Thanks for the interesting orchid video and notes! Either in drama or real life, it's just as complicated to raise an orchid plant! o_o; So the drama wasn't too far off with DFQC giving extra care to his beloved XLH <3 lol

• Blob 1

The color palette of CLJ is visually breath taking...

CTO

@cloud9 They recorded this after CLJ. If I remembered correctly should be in Oct...

@Angel888 Thanks to the crew. It's all manual labor to hoist them up and down plus flying. So far dont remember any machines being used at the moment and all of these require high coordination skills. 

• Like 2

Was there ever a good explanation for why Little Orchid/Xi Yun had to marry Lord ChangHeng in order to defeat the evil spirit? I only saw the scene where she says she has to marry him to defeat the evil spirit, but what does marrying him do? Wasn't their arranged marriage only meant as a political marriage? There's no need for alliance through marriage when everyone in the Fairy/Immortal Realm also wants evil spirit dead.

On a sillier note, I was rewatching episode 18 where DFQC is in his bed and "recovering" from taking the punishment lightning strikes for his brother, and XLH comes in with medicine and cajoles him to take medicine and tells him he has to listen to doctor's instructions or he'll continue needing her to support him when he walks. And then, Shangque comes in to say that Xunfeng wants to talk to him. DFQC gets up without a problem, straightens his clothes, there's a pause while he has his arms out and comedic background music.

At first, I thought he was waiting for her to stand up to help him walk to his brother. It took me until the second watch to realize he was milking his injury for attention XP and he gave himself away. I thought he was deliberately not taking medicine because he wanted to feel physical pain because he was hurting so much emotionally. I like how the show doesn't stay angsty for long.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

The multi faceted Dong Fang Qing Cang Part 2...

70466e39f0b546ced02b0efc46227341b53f1352

2ba08f5be320cae8a793c6ce070589f110d58de0

CTO

@Angel888 How would you respond to Didi?

CTO

1 hour ago, fuyukoneko said:

Was there ever a good explanation for why Little Orchid/Xi Yun had to marry Lord ChangHeng in order to defeat the evil spirit? I only saw the scene where she says she has to marry him to defeat the evil spirit, but what does marrying him do? Wasn't their arranged marriage only meant as a political marriage? There's no need for alliance through marriage when everyone in the Fairy/Immortal Realm also wants evil spirit dead.

I can only assume the answer as I didnt read the novel. As it was mentioned in the drama, that it was a tradition that the Goddess from the Xilan clan will marry the God of War from Shuiyuntian. Perhaps there could be a combined strength of fighting given their union...But then again, in the drama, also has showed that Goddess Xiyun planned to sacrifice herself...So did all of the previous Goddess die the same way of self sacrifice for the sake of the realms? 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

In the novel, there is no Goddess from Xilan clan and engagement with God of War. Lord Changheng's character doesn't exist in the novel.

Edited to add: I feel like they copy pasted a lot of elements from Runyu's character in Ashes of Love to create Lord Changheng + removing ability to feel love from DFQC/Jinmi + XLH/Jinmi having secret identity of goddess that's engaged to 2nd male lead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fuyukoneko said:

DFQC gets up without a problem, straightens his clothes, there's a pause while he has his arms out and comedic background music.

At this point, I believe he wanted XLH to do her wifey duty like putting on his royal robe before he meets Xun Feng. But then it slapped him hard coz he just feigned weakness and she's angry now discovering he aint as weak as he described himself to be...Lol...

11 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

In the novel, there is no Goddess from Xilan clan and engagement with God of War. Lord Changheng's character doesn't exist in the novel. (I feel like they copy pasted a lot of elements from Runyu's character in Ashes of Love to create him).

Oh yes, I forgot Chang Heng's character dont exist in the novel neither in the animation too...Was there any mention of Xilan clan in the novel? Or totally non existent? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Oh yes, I forgot Chang Heng's character dont exist in the novel neither in the animation too...Was there any mention of Xilan clan in the novel? Or totally non existent? 

I haven't read the full book. Maybe she's described as a Xilan Orchid? The conflict in the story is completely different from the novel. There's no sentient evil spirit.

---

Unrelated, love the character descriptions made by Dramavixen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CDrama/comments/xu457e/苍兰诀_love_between_fairy_and_devil_allinone_drama/

---

Does XLH rejuvenate DFQC's tree of emotions/love because she wants him to empathize with her and not attack Shuiyuntian (only for that to horribly backfire on her)? She does care for him and is falling in love with him without being aware of it. But, her motivation in him wanting to regain ability to feel love isn't pure.

When I first watched the drama I thought she wanted to help him regain emotions because she naïvely thought love is more important than him having control of hellfire. But, on second watch, Jieli looks at her suspiciously a few times in the following episode.

And, XLH is smart enough to initially hide her unhappiness when DFQC announces his plan to conquer Shuiyuntian for her sake. She was happy when he says he can't kill people like an emotionless weapon anymore. In her thoughts, she was disappointed that DFQC won't change his mind on attacking Shuiyuntian for her sake. XLH from the first episode would have definitely freaked out and tried to dissuade him.

• Like 2