[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

Here's When and Where You Can Watch 'River Where the Moon Rises'

The period romance starring Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo will air very soon!

We can hardly wait for Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo’s upcoming sageuk romance drama River Where the Moon Rises

Set to premiere exclusively on Viu on February 15, Monday, this Viu Original is adapted from a Korean folktale recorded in The History of the Three Kingdoms and based on Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and her General, On Dal (Ji Soo). 

Born as a princess but raised as a soldier, young Pyeonggang sets out on a tour of the kingdom with her mother, the Empress, during which they arrive at a village where they meet General On Hyeop (Kang Ha Neul) and his son, On Dal. Sharing with him her goal of becoming Goguryeo’s first queen with her intellect and confidence, the straightforward On Dal laughs at her lofty dreams as women do not engage in state affairs, though he means no harm.

Meanwhile, the Empress is seeking help from General On Hyeop due to the schemes and conspiracies ongoing in the kingdom, but the two are assassinated in the process. The story follows Pyeonggang’s quest to uncover dark and dangerous conspiracies in the kingdom.

The series features Kim So Hyun, who is well-known among K-drama fans for her varied roles in everything from historical dramas to romcoms. Kim began her career as a child actress in 2006 and initially gained fame for playing a villainous young queen-to-be in Moon Embracing the Sun alongside Park Bo-gum. Subsequently, she took on leading roles in hit dramas such as Who Are You: School 2015, The Emperor: Owner of the Mask and even won the Excellence Award at the 2019 KBS Drama Awards for her portrayal of a clumsy, yet hot-tempered courtesan in The Tale of Nokdu. Most recently, she is reported to be the youngest actress to surpass 10 million followers on Instagram which just shows how well loved she is around the world!

Playing On Dal, Ji Soo captivates audiences with his boyish charms and athletic looks. He has appeared in romance dramas including When I Was the Most Beautiful and all-time favorrite JTBC title Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. He also played the love-struck prince Wang Jung in 2016 time-travel period drama Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeoa K-drama classic that is also available on Viu.

River Where the Moon Rises is produced by established South Korean production house Victory Contents. Behind the lens, Yun Sang Ho (Kingmaker: The Change of Destiny and Saimdang, Memoirs of Colors) will direct and writer Han Ji Hoon helms the production of the series (Temptation and Woman of 9.9 Billion).

Ms. Virginia Lim, Chief Content Officer, Viu, said, “Viu is committed to offering the best of premium Asian entertainment content to delight our viewers. In 2021, we are excited to be investing in more original productions and especially Korean drama series which offer outstanding production quality, stunning cinematography and visual effects. With an exceptional script and amazing talent, River Where the Moon Rises is not to be missed.”

Viu-ers in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, Myanmar, Hong Kong, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, and Egypt will be able to watch River Where the Moon Rises exclusively on Viu on February 15, 2021. 

https://metro.style/culture/film-and-tv/everything-we-know-about-river-where-the-moon-rise/29026

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

17 hours ago, Breeze said:

Born as a princess but raised as a soldier, young Pyeonggang sets out on a tour of the kingdom with her mother, the Empress, during which they arrive at a village where they meet General On Hyeop (Kang Ha Neul) and his son, On Dal. Sharing with him her goal of becoming Goguryeo’s first queen with her intellect and confidence, the straightforward On Dal laughs at her lofty dreams as women do not engage in state affairs, though he means no harm.

Meanwhile, the Empress is seeking help from General On Hyeop due to the schemes and conspiracies ongoing in the kingdom, but the two are assassinated in the process. The story follows Pyeonggang’s quest to uncover dark and dangerous conspiracies in the kingdom.

Is this from episode 1?Interesting:glasses:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

12 hours ago, Breeze said:

Thanks a lot for the synopsis.  Sounds great!

1 hour ago, elan1 said:

New teaser people :kiss_wink: FIGHTING RWTMR! What an extraordinary trailer, my heart is so happy looking forward to this love stor

Great trailer!  Will be interesting to see Ondal's character evolve. The cinematography of this drama looks so high quality too.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2

Watch: Ji Soo Is Confident Kim So Hyun Will Return To Him Someday In “River Where The Moon Rises” Teaser Featuring Kang Ha Neul

Watch: Ji Soo Is Confident Kim So Hyun Will Return To Him Someday In “River Where The Moon Rises” Teaser Featuring Kang Ha Neul

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “River Where the Moon Rises” has shared a new character teaser for Ji Soo!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” will tell the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo).

The newly released teaser begins with On Dal remembering the words of his father On Hyup (played by Kang Ha Neul). Despite being a revered general, On Hyup finds himself in a situation where he desperately urges his son, “Dal, you must become an ordinary man—no, become a fool, and survive.”

Heeding his father’s words, On Dal—who is now dressed in frayed, humble clothing that seems at odds with his status as a famous general’s son—hides his intelligence and strength in order to stay alive. 

Pyeonggang, who first meets On Dal under the name Yeom Ga Jin, brings meaning to his lonely life and gives him something to strive for aside from survival. When she tells him, “People say that everyone is born with their own destiny,” he replies, “My destiny is you, Ga Jin.”

Embracing her, he confidently declares, “Someday, you and I will become bride and groom. You’re going to end up with me eventually.” The clip then shares a glimpse of Pyeonggang and On Dal dressed in luxurious clothing, unlike in the previous scenes—piquing viewers’ curiosity as to what has changed for the would-be lovers.

“River Where the Moon Rises” premieres on February 15 at 9:30 p.m. and will be available with subtitles on Viki. In the meantime, check out the new teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1451245wpp/watch-ji-soo-is-confident-kim-so-hyun-will-return-to-him-someday-in-river-where-the-moon-rises-teaser-featuring-kang-ha-neul

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, Breeze said:

The newly released teaser begins with On Dal remembering the words of his father On Hyup (played by Kang Ha Neul). Despite being a revered general, On Hyup finds himself in a situation where he desperately urges his son, “Dal, you must become an ordinary man—no, become a fool, and survive.”

Heeding his father’s words, On Dal—who is now dressed in frayed, humble clothing that seems at odds with his status as a famous general’s son—hides his intelligence and strength in order to stay alive. 

I find it fascinating that it’s his dad that is telling him to hide his intelligence and strength and to be “a fool” in order to survive. What an interesting spin to the folktale :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I cant believe  how much I am loving drama before  it air 

It actually  scare me that I am hoping so much before it even air:sweat_smile: I hope it be a good one, the cast and the previews looking so promising  let pray for it to be as much as we hopping  for 

And I am waiting for February since many good dramas are promised  to start  

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

7 minutes ago, nona88 said:

I cant believe  how much I am loving drama before  it air 

It actually  scare me that I am hoping so much before it even air:sweat_smile: I hope it be a good one, the cast and the previews looking so promising  let pray for it to be as much as we hopping  for 

And I am waiting for February since many good dramas are promised  to start  

I share the exact same sentiment! Everything looks amazing so far, I hope the writer will do a great job :love:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

i think pyeongang/ on dal should be just as great as chun hyang/ mong ryong love story (if not even better) Those 2 couples are the only ones I know of, that are based on korean folktale. 

china tho has many love folktales , here are a few for those interested (im sorry if this is not allowed.. if it isnt, just ignore) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Vera Vainio said:

think pyeongang/ on dal should be just as great as chun hyang/ mong ryong love story (if not even better) Those 2 couples are the only ones I know of, that are based on korean folktale. 

china tho has many love folktales , here are a few for those interested (im sorry if this is not allowed.. if it isnt, just ignore)

Wow so interesting! Thank you for sharing that video! It’s great to have insight in other folktales :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 1