[Drama 2021-2022] Snowdrop, 설강화

gm4queen

With just 7 episodes being shown, I am already hooked with this drama. It has everything wrapped in one, from action to romance then some comedy, the wonderful OST, great directing/cinematography and superb acting of all casts! You know the actors are effective when you hate seeing them on screen, *coughs* Bun Ok, Gyeok Chan, Han Na.

But Bun-ok's side story is sad, I started to see her in a different light when they showed how she supports her family. 

I wonder what Ms Pi was hiding in the bathroom scene, was that a walkie-talkie/radio? She successfuly hidden it in a plant pot. Who was she trying to communicate with? 

JTBC has done a nice tactic of not releasing the list of Snowdrop's Full OST. It makes us feel excited, particulary Jamie Miller's song. 

I agree with @shinkeru, maybe Young Ro's brother is still alive. He was still shown breathing when he was being transported from the battle scene to the medic. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, cikqueen said:

hello everyone 
i think YR step mother are from NK too
and i also thought Moran Hill 1 had a feeling for SH 
when u guys want to start thread for YR SH in shippers paradise? can't wait 

haha fans are shipping Haein & Jisoo.  I like the chemistry btw Haein & Jisoo on set and always guiding newbie Jisoo as we seen in the bts.  

Jisoo is lucky to have a detail oriented & patient male lead Haein for her drama debut.  Haein was also filming <DP> during the early part  <Snowdrop> filming.

LOL Haein yesterday IG posted a paper plane with NO CAPTION and coincidently it was Jisoo birthday 01/03.  

Not only their fans excited and shipping them, K media too caption the article "Jung Hae In ♥️ Jisoo's captivating 'Snowdrop' Paper plane" and 814 “Likes” & “Look forward” reactions:lol:

Haein IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYRHPSZp2PJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Haein IG paper plane news article

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004535564

Spoiler

Jung Hae-in, ♥ Jisoo's 'Seolganghwa' paper airplane captured Jisoo's heart [SHOT!]

Input 2022.01.04. 9:24 am

0004535564_001_20220104092403972.jpg?type=w430

Jung Hae In's Instagram

OSEN = Reporter Jang Woo-young] Actor Jung Hae-in revealed props in 'Snow Ganghwa: Snowdrop'. 

On the 4th, Jung Hae-in posted a picture on his SNS without saying anything. 

In the photo, Jung Hae-in is photographing a paper airplane used as a prop in the drama. This paper airplane was used in the JTBC Saturday-Sunday drama 'Seolganghwa', in which Jung Hae-in is currently appearing. 

Paper airplanes played an important role. On a blind date, Lim Su-ho (Jung Hae-in) gave it to her when she was choosing a partner, and Eun Young-ro (Jisoo) tried to choose it, but Gye Boon-ok (Kim Hye-yoon) took it first. However, Lim Su-ho gave up attending the concert with Gye Bun-ok, and met Eun Young-ro by chance at a record store. 

Fans' reactions to Jung Hae-in's paper airplane photos are also hot. In particular, the reaction of overseas viewers is hot. 

• Love 3

@bearcreek and fans shared a video wherein a palm reader told JHI during his New York trip, that he will meet a woman who will play an important role in his life. Talking about coincidence here lol

And on Snowdrop's premier date, it also snowed in Korea that day :yay:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@Heedong @bearcreek

I was just reading some comments on Twitter about Hae In’s post. It seemed rather suspicious that he posted that on the day of Jisoo’s birthday and without any emoticon. The post was liked by Hae In’s bro too. Some of us are curious how he behaved with his other FL in other dramas. I can’t recall anything as I don’t usually follow drama couples behind the scenes.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I know this is a drama, but with all the sadness, rage and betrayals, I thought it would be difficult for Young Ro to accept SH again. But that paper plane changes things. It's such a small detail that has a big impact.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@bearcreek I wonder if JHI still remembers that one :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

@Kathia Right, and it was also a paper plane that SH brought as his item during the blind date. His necklace which he gave to YR should've been a paper plane instead of "dove" :lol:

Loving this song so much. Apparently, the singer already gave us a snippet two weeks ago....

• Like 4

@bearcreek @Heedong

I swear Twitter peeps have top skills in cropping and creating fan stories.  They give so much good vibes for the fans. 

I read someone said that we don’t need to ship SH and YR because we already got a PLANE.:joy: It goes without saying that I’ll never look at a paper plane in the same way again. 

There are comments about YR as a strong female character which  resonates with most people (me included). Luna123 and wynavenue described it really well. 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, Kathia said:

I know this is a drama, but with all the sadness, rage and betrayals, I thought it would be difficult for Young Ro to accept SH again. But that paper plane changes things. It's such a small detail that has a big impact.

I really hope it does, it means they still care.

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Actress Kim Mi Soo has passed away at the age of 31.

On January 5, it was reported that Kim Mi Soo has passed away and that her wake will be held at Taeneung Sungsim Funeral Service.

Later on the same day, her agency Landscape Entertainment confirmed the news with the following statement:

This is actress Kim Mi Soo’s agency Landscape Entertainment.

We are relaying sorrowful and heartbreaking news.

Kim Mi Soo suddenly passed away on January 5.

The bereaved family is currently very heartbroken by the sudden mournful news.

We sincerely ask you to refrain from making up rumors or speculative reports so that the bereaved family, who are in shock and grief-stricken, can reverently commemorate the deceased. As per her family’s wishes, the funeral will be held quietly in private.

Please wish for Kim Mi Soo to rest in peace, and once again, we offer our deepest condolences to the deceased.

Kim Mi Soo appeared in many known dramas including “Hi Bye Mama,” “The School Nurse Files,” and “Yumi’s Cells.” Her latest project was JTBC’s “Snowdrop,” which is still airing but has finished filming since it was a pre-produced drama.

May she rest in peace and our condolences to her friends and family.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1507144wpp/snowdrop-actress-kim-mi-soo-passes-away

• Sad 4
  • Shocked 1

8 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Snowdrop” Actress Kim Mi Soo Passes Away

What???? unbelievable!!! You are seeing her on-screen right now and this news!!!!! Wow!!! Was she ill???  Her character is also a strong character aside from the FL and i like how she played it out cool. 

May her soul rest in peace!!! 

Actually JS is doing an excellent job in spite of her debut project.  JHI - no words to describe his acting.  I like him so much. 

I would like this hostage situation to end in the coming episode as it's been dragged for 3 episodes now.  I hope SH & co comes to know about the selfish attitude of these political people to use them to their advantage and would like to see some romance between the leads.  The leads have an excellent chemistry to just go waste only on the hostage crisis. 

• Like 2

Never thought I’d find my way back on to Soompi forums to talk about a drama after years of just lurking on the pages, but here I am. This drama is just THAT good, and I’m itching to talk about it with people.

Can we all take a moment to appreciate the scene where Sooho dives onto YeongRo and shields her? Yes, yes, THAT scene has been talked about a lot. It’s being shown and highlighted in all the fan made music videos and all us fans are losing our minds over it, but hold on. As beautiful as it is that he still tries to protect her, and how that action led to YeongRo finding her paper plane….there’s something else. Something that I haven’t seen anyone talk about, and a portion of that scene that is constantly cut out of all the music videos.

YeongRo grasping onto SooHo’s sleeve, and SooHo cradling her head into his arm. 

Small but profound. YeongRo who clearly just pointed a gun at him, still instinctively clings onto him for protection and comfort. Sooho who had a gun just pointed at him, still shields her and cradles her head to make sure she’s safe. He COULD have just gotten up and dealt with his comrade after tackling her and checking if she still had the gun. Instead, he stayed there for a bit, his first concern being her safety before he steps away. 

The paper plane had the undeniable spotlight of that scene, and is so very often the only portion fans cut out to highlight. The scene lasts longer for us to watch their hands reach for each other, and I think those actions speak volumes, particularly when it’s a close up shot next to the fallen paper plane. 

The attention to detail in this drama is otherworldly, and having Jung HaeIn who is superb with telling a story through facial expressions playing as the male lead is brilliant. What kind of character could implement this talent as well as a spy who has is unfortunately in love with someone he had to take hostage?

I was never a fan of Blackpink, their music was never my taste, so I didn’t know much about them beyond their names and that some spoke English. Truth be told I was of the group of people upset that Kim Hyeyoon had to take a supporting role behind an idol who not only was getting the main role, but never had a major role before. It seemed preposterous, especially given how Hyeyoon just had a drama as the main lead. Initially I wasn’t impressed with Jisoo’s acting. her acting wasn’t horrible, but I just wasn’t seeing anything about it that screamed “main role” material. I take it back. With each successive episode I’ve grown to appreciate her acting more and more. I still stand by my opinion that her acting in the first episode wasn’t the best, but the past two were wonderful. Jisoo really seems to shine in more intense scenes. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1