[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Song of Glory 锦绣长歌

Don Yu

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just saw ep1 and I am hooked!!! Love the costumes and set designs, looks beautiful and not fake looking. LQ def shines in here, love her since P.A. ^^. The fight scenes are good too :).

4 hours ago, stella77 said:

@rosierosie yey we can be watching buddies - I will watch episode 2 tomorrow and pace myself for the subs. Yesterday, there was only 4 episodes with subs etc. 

hehe^^ awesome :). Just saw ep 3 and it went by fast. The plot is developing well. I also like the little teasing and chemistry between LiGe and Prince YiKang. So, it seems ML doesn't trust his bro because the consort mother is only his adopted mother?? His real mother died, and he's raised by the current Consort Queen?? And ML already has a wife, but like most c-drama-----It doesn't matter because we all know ML only married because of procedure, not love^^. The second sister is so jealous, if I were her I be happy I have an older sister. Though I can see why she's jealous, since LiGe basically is taking everything that was hers (though it's really LiGe's). So sad

Spoiler

A'Nu died, and now LiGe is taking her place.

But, why would A'Nu and their brothers and sisters died for LiGe? I guess LiGe's real identity is someone significant???

@rosierosie I am watching ep 3

Spoiler

now and it just got very much like Princess Weiyoung re LiGe taking A’Nu’s place in her family. 

So far I am enjoying it - I like that the plot is at a faster pace. Since most of the cast is new to me, I am trying to remember their faces and who is who still. I am happy that Lige is a strong, butt kicking heroine but she just a bit naive and careless atm. The action scenes are very good so far. 

I am on ep 5 now lol that was fast!!!

Questions!!!

Spoiler

— So wait is that A’Nu still alive or another one of the girls?!?! I think another girl but want to make sure.

- So is our Prince PC the king? If he is king why is he called a Prince? I don’t like the Queen Mother already lol  

I was upset that Lige gave herself away when trying to assassinate Minister Lu. He saw her bracelet and will definitely identify her easily later when she is introduced to the empress and emperor. The emperor was wrong not to rope in his brother. His intention not to get his brother involved was wrong n it brings about a lot of misunderstanding.

2 hours ago, stella77 said:

@rosierosie I am watching ep 3

Hide contents

now and it just got very much like Princess Weiyoung re LiGe taking A’Nu’s place in her family. 

So far I am enjoying it - I like that the plot is at a faster pace. Since most of the cast is new to me, I am trying to remember their faces and who is who still. I am happy that Lige is a strong, butt kicking heroine but she just a bit naive and careless atm. The action scenes are very good so far. 

I am on ep 5 now lol that was fast!!!

Questions!!!

Hide contents

— So wait is that A’Nu still alive or another one of the girls?!?! I think another girl but want to make sure.

- So is our Prince PC the king? If he is king why is he called a Prince? I don’t like the Queen Mother already lol  

I think the girl that bad Lu guy captured is one of the girl, not A'Nu. A'Nu died. The girl doesn't look like A'Nu. 

Yeah I'm confused about that too, if he's the king then why is he being addressed as a Prince? Looks like the King isn't dead, but sick???

Yeah the mother Queen is showing her claws.

@rosierosie thanks!!! I figure out re the Prince thing. He’s currently Prince Regent so acting inspiring bahalf of the king (who isn’t shown yet). 

I can tolerate scheming ladies and their ‘plot traps‘ a little bit if they are short + to the point and it seems this show will def have several scheming ladies lol. Ah I also found out this is an indirect sequel of sorts to Princess Weiyoung so yep, lots of jealous scheming ladies abound especially if our ML is an emperor or soon to be one. Add Yue Ching to the black list lol

Spoiler

ahhh she wants the ML and trying to be the bride for the royal bestowed wedding.   I hope this family have some sense to ask Lige what she wants before making decisions too lol

Ohh the last scene of ep 5 where Lige saves our ML was pretty cool. 

^Currently watching ep 6^^. Yeah, the last ep where FL saved ML was cool^^!!! I love how badass she is, and when she talked to her younger sister that she ain't messing around, love her vibe. The sister is a two-faced, I really thought she was going to be kind. It turns out she's a RickRoll'D in disguised lol. Yeah just saw Princess Weiyoung is the parent story to this drama. I love Princess Weiyoung, so I hope this one will be as good, or better^^!!! So far, FL's expressions are very good. LQ is good at showing her different expressions!^^

Sneak peek and the ML and FL chemistry is good, I love the joking bits and words tease between them. Lol calling ML an old man, and she told him she's a heroine^_^.

I just finished ep 6 and gonna go eat food and take a break before watching ep 7 onwards. The two faced fake sister is a pretty decent actress because when she was kind, I thought she was pretty! But then when her true colors are shown, her face morphs and evil aura comes out of her acting - so kudos to her lol. 

The ML is new to me and and so far they seem OK together but then they haven’t had any lengthy scenes. I will look forward to it! 

Seriously, LQ’s beauty is blinding! Girl crush since Princess Agents too.

OMG re ep 7 action packed opening and finally the leads spending time together. I will finish ep 8 and stop for today. :hooray:

Just saw EP 8, and the evil sister is gonna meet her doom!!! Now, she's helping Evil Lu guy. Lol if FL finds out ML is Prince YiKang, she's gonna be shock!!! She was told to hate on the prince because of her master, but the prince is a good guy that also wants to get rid of evil Lu. They have the same agenda, and we already know from the plot summary, they're gonna come together to uphold justice and peace for the people and kingdom^^. Awww FL's older bro and Zijing's side story is cute, I hope they get together. I have an itch about FL's master, he seems suspicious and mysterious at this point. So far, the kungfu is done well. The directing is good. Yeahh, we get to see our OTP slowly falling for each other^^. 

@rosierosie fully agree with everything you wrote. The ML is growing on me but very slowly. 

I am glad that Lige ripped his fake mustache off. Lol it was too fake looking.

The plot moves fast which is a good thing since we have a lonnnnng way to go! I am looking forward the identify reveal scenes probably at the wedding. I too distrust Lige’s shifu! The older brother’s love story and Zijing’s story is cute and they suit each other. 

A Ling is probably the wise one - leaving to live her life with freedom lol. I am glad she survived and we’ll probably see her again. 

Okay, I have watched 12 episodes and I must say I am enjoying it.  However, the FL is driving me nuts! She exposed herself too early. Now LY has ammunition against her.  What I want exposed is that Yi Kang is the prince regent.  Li Ge is giving all the praise to the little brother.  I really need it to come out!  Lu Yuan is evil, and so is the sister. I hope he takes the sister and marry her crazy behind and let her see directly what a truly evil guy he is.

Let's hope the big reveal is done soon because I don't know how much more I can take with Li Ge's hatred of Yi Kang!

I have watched up to episode 12 with English subtitles. This drama is really catchy for me in terms of the martial arts scene and the cinematography. I really like the FL, after seeing her in Princess Agents. The ML and FL lead is slowly growing on me; looking forward to more scenes from them. I can’t wait for Wednesday to come around.

I am on ep 10 and heh the Eng subs weren’t so good for ep 9 because all of a sudden both Princes are now called Kings. LG is kicking butt but still too rash - she overestimates her ability.

Yes I agree with the fact that Lige made a huge mistake re the bracelet and revealing herself too soon to Lu Yuan. I actually don’t mind it - one less reveal and complication. Although it will come back to haunt her for sure since no way Lu Yuan is gonna let her off.

Question - so what is up with Queen Dowager and Lu Yuan?  Just making sure that I am assuming correctly that she want her favorite son to be King instead, right? 

Ahhh Lu Yuan set trap for the Shen family because of the little sis. Ugh she is such an ungrateful person to do that to the family that raises her. She is a tool being used but she thinks she’s smart lol. Ok this set up was the first dragged out subplot. I get why everyone is getting anxious that Prince PC hasn’t told Lige his real identity. Hmm end of ep 12 and father and bro still in jail. 

catch up with everyone later on this. I will wait until several episodes are out before continuing. 

In the 1st ep, anyone understands why A-Nu sacrificed herself on behalf LG?  I thought she did that because she was fatally injured, hence she rather sacrifice herself than let LG die.

There was an article saying netizens aren't happy with this drama and that this drama has a lot of plot holes n not explaining a lot of things. It said a lot dropped the drama after a few episodes. Seriously??? I thought this drama is damn good. It keeps us on edge wanting to know more and find out what's going it. 

47 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

In the 1st ep, anyone understands why A-Nu sacrificed herself on behalf LG?  I thought she did that because she was fatally injured, hence she rather sacrifice herself than let LG die.

A Nu was asked by their Master to let herself be caught in Li Ge’s place in case the assasination did not succeed. It is unknown at this point in time what the Master’s motive is and to whom he has pledged his allegiance to. I suspect that

Spoiler

... he is working for the Empress Dowager to bring 6th Prince into power. I also wonder who the bracelet originally belonged to. Could he have switched the two girls’ identities when he kidnapped them?

I feel bad for 6th Prince - he seems like a genuinely nice guy but looks like he will turn bad later ...

Archived