[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Song of Glory 锦绣长歌

Don Yu

Is this official music video or is it fanmade?

I think it's the latter, don't think the official channel ever released any MVs.

And, this is supposed to be the official Intro right?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone,  Pls allow me to join in this discussions.  I saw a few familiar names already:lol:

I first started ep 1 last week. But gave up.  I find it choppy and couldn't get drawn into it.  I thought - "Ah. It is another Revenge Story".  I'm glad I decided to give it another try.  Ep 1 & 2 are a bit disconnected.  But the pace picks up from Ep 3.  And continues until Ep 15, when it slows down again.

Let me share some of my opinions:

1) Right from ep 1, I already felt that the bracelet was switched. Just a hunch. By Lige's master I think.  Why?  We may never know till we get to the end of this drama. And of course, as to how Lige got lost.

2) I don't like Lige's Master.  He gives me shady vibes. 

3) I like Crown Prince Peng Cheng's disguise.  I didn't know it was him until Lige took off his moustache.  He, he

4) The moment Lige enters the Shen manor, I already could see Le Qing's jealousy.  The Shen family is so silly not to notice that. Or to expect it.  It is so obvious

5) The Royal Mother does not emit any Regal airs.  She looks more like a normal housewife

6) I don't like the palace here.  So dark and gloomy.  I wouldn't want to stay in a place like that.  In other period dramas, the palace is more colourful and grandiose.

7) I agree with Stella77, the Queen mother is such a Drama Queen in ep 14.  She is a nuisance, stupid and Snakey at the same time.  She is going to cause the Crown Prince Peng Cheng and Lige, a lot of trouble in the coming episodes

8) There were some confusions about the Poison in Lige's Bracelet?  Yes.  Lu Yuan soaked it in Poison. When Le Qing came to see him, to offer her alliance, he gave it to Le Qing.  But it takes some time before the effects start acting.  It certainly did not happen during the Fight in the Mines.  Remember - when Lige was walking towards the Mine?  She was already feeling weak but still soldier on.  But the effects became Full-Blown during the Fight in the Mine.

Dramas are dramas. The worst always happen during the most crucial moments

I know we will see more heartaches in this drama.  But I look forward to the coming episodes - and to reading all your views

P/S: Lige's dubber is the same as for "Ban Lu" of Nirvana In Fire.  Each time I hear Lige speaking, I'm reminded of Ban Lu/ NIF

@hush puppy thanks! I have been wondering why Lige’s voice was sooooo familiar to me and now I know. Thanks. Nirvana in Fire is my fav C-drama. 

I still enjoy this show and during the draggy bits and now that you mentioned the palace set design, I agree with you that there are a bit modern interpretation of what a Song Dynasty palace should look. It is something different but I agree that it is a bit gloomy. 

So happy to have another person join this thread.

>I first started ep 1 last week. But gave up.  I find it choppy and couldn't get drawn into it.

This is one if not the Best drama airing right now. I am not comparing this to Wuxia or anything else that's several years old. Just the current state of Chinese TV(Or hell, American included).

I am absolutely addicted to this series and feel really BAD that I have to wait several days to see the next episodes!

It has everything while TOPPING other shows in Action! Perhaps I am just unfamiliar with  other shows LOL(What else do you find to be much better shows??) Majority of other series have almost NO action, and either suffer from dumb humors or sappy love story. Not this!!

I find Episode 13 to be indeed badly choppy, but prior to that I hadn't noticed it much.

Just saw EP 14!!! Why do I feel that Prince JingLing might betray Prince ChengPeng in the future??? And damn that girl Prince JingLing do music with is actually the sister of Lu Yuan!!! She's probably gonna use him for revenge?

And lol I can't help but think how funny and upsetting FL is gonna be when she finds out 4th brother's real identity as the Prince ChengPeng. I wish Prince ChengPeng could tell her his true identity, why isn't he???!!! I hope LiGe won't dislike him too much when she finds out who he really is. She has the wrong idea about him because of her master. 

I just started this drama and I'm so glad I did! I already binged up to episode 5. I'm really loving the butt-kicking FL! I didn't expect her to confront her sister so soon.

By the way, does anyone know what days this drama airs in China? I'm watching from YouTube directly from the studio's channel.

5 hours ago, Sobayaki said:

I just started this drama and I'm so glad I did! I already binged up to episode 5. I'm really loving the butt-kicking FL! I didn't expect her to confront her sister so soon.

By the way, does anyone know what days this drama airs in China? I'm watching from YouTube directly from the studio's channel.

Hi Sobayaki,  Can I say:  "Welcome on board"?  Ha, ha.  I myself just started watching last Saturday.  After trying a second time.  The first time I gave up after a few minutes into ep 2.  The second time I persisted till ep 3 and that is when I got engrossed.

It is shown every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. 2 eps per day.

China used to broadcast their dramas Mon to Fri,  2 eps per day.  Making it 10 eps a week.  So even if their dramas run into 50, 60 over episodes, it does not matter. It will finish very soon.  And I prefer it that way.

But now they are emulating the Korean style. 3 days a week and shortening the total episodes.  What a shame.  They should maintain their own style.  If there is anything they should change, it should be the Quality of their Scripts, Directions and overall productions. 

Just came from EP 18^^!!!! Dang it, the suspense of PrinceCP meeting LiGe is so tick-tocking. I really cannot wait to see when they meet and finds out their real identity! I like how friendly and kind the Consort Princess is, good thing there's none of that cat-fighting between them. I like how this drama showcased LiGe's personality in very modern-like; it's funny to see her do things that are not royalty ordinary. Her assistance girl is hilarious, and she brings in some humor into the show. That annoying sister girl needs to go, why is she still in the drama!!!? 

Hi  @angelangie

So late starting this drama 

my contribution 

This WITCH is so ungrateful. I know some of you may think they aren’t treating her right. Let’s be honest , the child that was gone deserved to be spoiled right. She has been spoiled for 18 years . Shouldn’t that be enough. They have her trust, they love her but now she should not be scheming to get rid of her . 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f6711722a94a863829

Favorite moment in episode 5

On 7/15/2020 at 11:27 AM, UnniSarah said:

Hi  @angelangie

So late starting this drama 

my contribution 

This WITCH is so ungrateful. I know some of you may think they aren’t treating her right. Let’s be honest , the child that was gone deserved to be spoiled right. She has been spoiled for 18 years . Shouldn’t that be enough. They have her trust, they love her but now she should not be scheming to get rid of her . 

Hi UnniSarah,  You are right.  There wasn’t really a definitive moment that made us understand why Shen Le Qing wanted to kill Li Ge soooo bad.  I can understand that she hates her for taking away all the attention.  But it didn’t make sense that Li Ge’s short time with her family was enough to provoke her so drastically. Like, the only reason is because she’s the antagonist, so she just has to do it and it’s part of her character to go crazy and want to kill the female lead.

A lot of the characters in this drama lack so much depth and characterization. Like, they have no other personality than the role they are supposed to portray.

But I do like this drama, for:

- the matured and assertive female lead

- the well-shot action scenes

I have no doubt that this is a good drama.  But it would be an even better drama, if only they have dared to approach it differently and more creatively

@hush puppy I fully agree with you re Qing’s turbo speed of betraying the only family that has ever loved and cared for her and it is a major weakness of many Cdramas - where the villains become so flat and a caricature instead of a villain that people can empathize with. 

@hush puppy @stella77 

The sister turning evil is just to quick but  I believe it is because she was always two faced. She was delusional that the all of the Shen’s property, family belonged only to her. Smh smh 

So disgusting. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298f0703764ecbc032f3

Li Ge’s Master , I can’t read him at all. 
I wonder who is he working for?? Who is his master? At first I thought it was Li Yuan they were working for. Then they also tried to kill LY also which got me wondering what is Going on????

In episode 6 there was a mention about the Riot in Yuzhou , watch Li Ge’s facial reaction to that event. I think that is what her and si year supposedly fighting for. I think A’nu’s crush knows this assassination is full of lies like his master: their maste acts so differently between  them too.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29567e4cbc42b496fb88

On 7/15/2020 at 2:17 PM, UnniSarah said:

@hush puppy @stella77 

The sister turning evil is just to quick but  I believe it is because she was always two faced. She was delusional that the all of the Shen’s property, family belonged only to her. Smh smh 

So disgusting. 

Li Ge’s Master , I can’t read him at all. 
I wonder who is he working for?? Who is his master? At first I thought it was Li Yuan they were working for. Then they also tried to kill LY also which got me wondering what is Going on????

In episode 6 there was a mention about the Riot in Yuzhou , watch Li Ge’s facial reaction to that event. I think that is what her and si year supposedly fighting for. I think A’nu’s crush knows this assassination is full of lies like his master: their maste acts so differently between  them too.

Le Qing is infatuated with Prince Peng Cheng. So she is enraged to have him snatched away like that.  But to me, the essence is Le Qing's basic nature as a human being.  She is not a kind person.  That is why she can react like that to every situation. 

The scene where Li Ge is mistaken as Shen Jia was far too fast and too unconvincing. Shen Jia’s mother, for some reason, just saw Li Ge and firmly believes that she is her lost daughter. There’s not even attempts to try to prove that Li Ge is truly her daughter other than that she had the bracelet that solely belongs to the lost daughter. I get that the story needs Li Ge to become a member of the Shen family, but it just felt so unconvincing because of how fast it was done.

As for Lige's master, I hope the eventual revelation is logical enough.  He is easily seen to be a Farce. The way he laughs and carries himself gives away his malign character. 

Maybe he is aligned to the Queen Mother (Sun Tai Fei). Because Prince Peng Cheng's demise will only benefit her Biological son.  Like Lige's master, she does not look benign.  I believe in the coming episodes, she will show her "Fangs".  Because all along, Prince Peng Cheng has been smart enough to pretend to be "Sickly".  I tend to think may be the Queen Mother is associated with the death of Prince Peng Cheng's mother.  (But then I could be wrong:D)

On 7/15/2020 at 1:45 PM, stella77 said:

@hush puppy I fully agree with you re Qing’s turbo speed of betraying the only family that has ever loved and cared for her and it is a major weakness of many Cdramas - where the villains become so flat and a caricature instead of a villain that people can empathize with. 

@stella77I love the way you expound your views.  So concise and precise.  Everything covered in just One Sentence.  I wish I could do that:w00t:

Looking forward to hearing more of your opinions

On 7/15/2020 at 1:56 PM, Sobayaki said:

When you guys say that, now I'm speculating if this drama was ever censored or had scenes cut out? 

@Sobayaki  They may have edited out some scenes.  But I don't think that is the sole reason.  The investors are businessmen and therefore more commercially-inclined. As a result the Artistic aspect of it is sacrificed.  

Are you up to ep 18 already? You must be waiting impatiently for tonight huh

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

Are you up to ep 18 already? You must be waiting impatiently for tonight huh

I'm only on ep 11. I'm trying not to watch too fast or I will run out of episodes on the weekends. :joy: But the urge to binge is so strong! I really really really like the FL for her no-nonsense attitude and kick-butt skills. But I agree her weakness is to charge alone when she should always bring back-up.

Spoiler

I also really like Zi Jing (FL's brother's fiance). She seems really smart and is also admirable that she stick up for her fiancee's family like a big sister when FL is not around. That's so awesome! Is it just me? I'm suspecting Zi Jing might be suspecting Le Qing to be the culprit in planting the evidence in the room. But she's keeping her mouth shut? I have a bad feeling Zi Jing will have a bad ending. :bawling:

Also, I have an issue with FL's mother. She tells FL to forget about what Le Qing did to her and move on. Um... she tried to assassinate your precious daughter. Hellooo, how can just forget about it?!

21 hours ago, Sobayaki said:

I'm only on ep 11. I'm trying not to watch too fast or I will run out of episodes on the weekends. :joy: But the urge to binge is so strong! I really really really like the FL for her no-nonsense attitude and kick-butt skills. But I agree her weakness is to charge alone when she should always bring back-up.

Reveal hidden contents

I also really like Zi Jing (FL's brother's fiance). She seems really smart and is also admirable that she stick up for her fiancee's family like a big sister when FL is not around. That's so awesome! Is it just me? I'm suspecting Zi Jing might be suspecting Le Qing to be the culprit in planting the evidence in the room. But she's keeping her mouth shut? I have a bad feeling Zi Jing will have a bad ending. :bawling:

Also, I have an issue with FL's mother. She tells FL to forget about what Le Qing did to her and move on. Um... she tried to assassinate your precious daughter. Hellooo, how can just forget about it?!

@Sobayaki  You are so self-disciplined.  Yes. The FL is the main attraction here.

I'm sure all viewers will like Ze Jing. She is such a gentle soul. The Shen Family is lucky to have her as their daughter-in-law.  I won't spill the beans.  So take your time to savour this drama.

I agree with you on the FL's mother. She should not be so forgiving on her adopted daughter. But then Le Qing has accompanied her for 18years. The emotional bond is already there. Whereas Li Ge just came back.  It will take time for her to win the family's absolute trust.

I just finished the eps 19 & 20

Spoiler

To me they are draggy. Actually quite ridiculous.

1) Le Qing tried to poison Li Ge & manage to frame the Princess Consort's Chief Maid for it. 

2) Li Ge tried to assassinate Prince Peng Cheng. Luckily Prince PC was not in.  He was in the Boat mulling over Li Ge

3) In court, there were some political manoevering between the 2 Princes vs Lu Yuan &  Princess Consort's brother

6 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I agree with you on the FL's mother. She should not be so forgiving on her adopted daughter. But then Li Qing has accompanied her for 18years. The emotional bond is already there. Whereas Li Ge just came back.  It will take time for her to win the family's absolute trust.

Spoiler

So ironic that Li Qing doesn't seem to think of her adopted family as family. Seeing her dad and brother paraded in the street as criminals didn't faze her at all. :rage: Hate her!

Archived