[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Song of Glory 锦绣长歌

Don Yu

Episode 38 guess the rest of the episodes is going to be focused on this mystery man in black ordering the Master in early episodes. I have an idea who it is, but I may be wrong lol.

37 is full of revelations. 

Spoiler

Lu Yuan is arrested, but his accomplices are still out there (they would try to rescue him or flee who knows?)

So, might this also be what the rest of plot be about?

Tell you man, I sure LIKE this show just for the fact that it doesn't take long like some other series drag until the end, to reveal matters.

Update: Finished 38!

WOW,

Spoiler

Lu Yuan IS Dead. So I guess he ain't gonna be rescued.

The mother I guess is better person now?

Who knows. Hopefully we won't actually see much of her for the rest of the series.

Don't care about that lady at all.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 41 is SO very difficult to watch, but acting, Action, and the directing are ALL phenomenal!

A lot went on in this 44 minutes!

And...

Episode 42 is the saddest thing I watched in a long time.

Like I said, it doesn't take long for this show to reveal matters, 42 they already guessed on point. Don't waste time at all...

LiGe is not just beautiful, but clearly very smart!

That's the hallmark of a GREAT show!

Hopefully the Shen servant is also smart enough and become suspicious of the mother kept behave secretively.

Will findout in episode 43 whether he is smart.

I finished episode 45 and eagerly awaiting the end of the series just so that it can be over. The actors are the only ones carrying this show for me right now and Li Qin is the only reason I'm still watching...

Spoiler

Finally Le Qing is dead. But I feel this drama tries way too hard and it ends up becoming unnatural and forced. Li Ge's mom so conveniently forgets who her daughter is long enough to have the general and son killed and then conveniently remembers again once the villain Le Qing is dead. Plus, wouldn't it make better sense to lock up Le Qing and force her to be witness so they can catch that Xie guy as the mastermind?

I feel they did really well with the casting in this show. Everybody are good actors (except for Lu Yuan's lackey) and they're so good looking!

I just finished the series. The ending was not as confusing as I had feared. Here's my take on the ending.

Spoiler

PPC finally got the emperor to change his edict, that's why he rushed to meet Li Ge to tell her the good news. But being the personality that she is, she had already drank the poisonous wine without burdening anyone. However, when PPC got to the swing, her body wasn't there which means somebody had moved her which also makes me assume they saved her too. Who else can save her from poison? I assume her comrade older brother recovered in time.

Fast forward 3 years, PPC puts back Li Ge's red wind bell and says "almost" which alludes that he's waiting for some good news related to Li Ge to come soon or the fact that he can see her again. Sure enough the next scene is him visiting their shack and meeting each other again. After tasting the food, he said it still tastes bad. Li Ge's hair is also completely pulled back to reveal more of her forehead which I assume is a small detail to show that she's aged a little bit and is not dead.

The message that I got is even though they didn't tell each other their plans (that the edict forced him to kill her and that she intended to drink poisonous wine), they still ended up overcoming obstacles together like they always have.

Which brings me to my next point about how the drama's script became a trainwreck... This whole confusing ending was unnecessary because PPC already got the emperor to revise his edict in favor of Li Ge surviving which is probably why PPC looked so happy. 

I feel like the drama should've ended after Lu Yuan died and it would've been a good drama. Everything after that point was unnecessary and meant purely for extra drama. A lot of it didn't make sense such as:

Spoiler

Why would Sun Tai Fei suddenly want to kill PPC again? This totally came out of nowhere and does not make sense. And it is out of character because we're led to believe she has totally repented and learned from her past mistakes.

Secondly, Jing Ling Wang is always so easily fooled. His character does not seem to progress/improve throughout the series. He has always trusted PPC but when his mother died, he instantly blamed PPC and wants him dead. He also instantly got jealous of everyone protecting PPC and he renounced Li Ge as a friend even though they've known each other for so long, he should know to trust Li Ge and PPC.

Thirdly, I don't understand how those 2 letters from Sun Tai Fei served as evidence that PPC killed her.

Wang Gung's motivation was weak. I don't understand where his hate for General Shen and PPC came from. Also, how did Wan Er know where the cloaked person lived for her to storm into his mansion and demand the antidote? She hasn't even met Wang Gung before. If Wang Gung the mastermind was so good at keeping his whole plan concealed this whole time, why would he let a mere girl like Wan Er ruin it for him? He could've just killed her early on.

That's my rant LOL. It's really disappointing how this drama turned out. But kudos to all the actors for keeping me watching! Their acting is really awesome. :grin:

Acting was indeed AWESOME.

The last episode had NO point except for showing more their romantic scenes which was GREAT but unnecessary.

Spoiler

Yeah I guess you are right about the ending. Her not there at the swing is a valid point that someone(we don't see) saved her.

And I really hope she didn't die.

I liked the mystery black guy stuff but left disappointed he had NO Wuxia skills!

The battle like episode 32-36 was also cool stuff.

I am already missing Li Qin so much LOL

Yes! I'm eagerly awaiting Li Qin's next work. She looks really good in ancient costumes.

Spoiler

Yeah, the cloaked villain was very anti-climactic. The slow build-up on revealing him really hyped up the tension and expected him to be super formidable. But he was the least formidable in the entire series. I feel they could've switched the whole plot around.

Wang --> Xie --> Cloaked figure = Lu Yuan

That would've made more sense and the stakes would've been higher as they progressed through each villain. Right now, it feels like the real story is Lu Yuan's arc. And everything else after that is filler that they added on afterwards just to increase the episode count.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Song of Glory 锦绣长歌

Archived