Brothers Entertainment

Guest cooliosis

HOW LONG DO THEY REPLY YOUR MAIL?

It took about 3-5 days, can't remember

But then, last year I have sent another email, and they have never replied again lol

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah you have to be at least half korean, not to discourage you, but its the truth. they dont write on their website that they only want koreans because they could get sued for that but bottom line, you have to be some type of korean cuz its to become a singer in korea. yeah there are some chinese singers in korea, but its usually chinese who grew up in korea and etc.

I had a reply to this all typed out and then my computer turned off, so I'll try it again.

You do not have to be Korean at all to audition. Obviously, it will be easier if you are, but you don't have to be. If the Chinese singers you're referring to are Zhang Li Yin and Hankyung from Super Junior, they were both discovered in China, I believe. They both auditioned for SM there in China.

Also, I don't believe Brothers is so much focusing on just sending people to Korea. I remember the president, Gary Boone (who is NOT Korean, btw), posting something about Korean music going in a different direction than what he wanted for his company to be involved in and that they had some other stuff going on. So, if you're not Korean, go for it!

And since you wrote a reply to the wrong poster, I'll answer their question too. Yes, there are second, third, fourth (as many as you want) chances. As long as you continue improving there's no reason why you can't keep trying. Park Bom sent in, like, four auditions for YG, but she kept on improving, and look at her now.

Guest cee-es-jay

edited.

i wish this thread was more active, sigh. i wish we had reasons to make this thread alive.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest cvillejin

is brosent still alive and running? they haven't had any activities for quite a while now so i'm just a bit curious...?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest assianness

on the application form, it asks for a social security number. I don't feel comfortable giving it since i don't know if they are legit. Anyone who has audition not give it to them either?

Guest KoreanKougar

I emailed them before, and they said this:

"It is not required unless you are actually accepted. It is used to pay taxes."

:) Hope that helped!

Good luck.

Guest dashinn

What do you guys is the best way to get in.

With singing experience.

What music do they like?

Providing tips for now would help many right now... Building a great future for us.

If anyone has had any experience

Guest KoreanKougar

What do you guys is the best way to get in.

With singing experience.

What music do they like?

Providing tips for now would help many right now... Building a great future for us.

If anyone has had any experience

Best way to get in?

Show some charisma and showmanship in your video clips, and strength in your voice.

That's not just Brothers, that's ALL of the entertainment companies.

They don't focus on any type of genre, since they're only the middleman in your future debut.

They train you, then send you off to another entertainment company if they like you.

I haven't even auditioned yet, but I've talked to enough representatives to know these things :)

Hope I helped.

Guest dashinn

yupp yupp that helped alot ^^ TY.

:) im going to audition once i get the right song i can put feeling into :0

hope me luckE! xD

Guest Natsune619

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but do you have to be Korean to audition for Brothers Entertainment? I looked over the audition form and it asks you for a Korean name...but if you're not Korean, you won't have one :D

I don't think you HAVE to be, but it is definitely preferred:) but there are Chinese and Thai artists in Korea!

Idk, maybe you don't have to write anything in that section? Or just translate your name to a Korean one haha :P

So if they take interest in your email/mail, do you have to fly to the US to have a second audition? And do they fund that?

I wish they could do open auditions in Korea..the US is so hard to get to for me >_<

Guest KoreanKougar

I don't think you HAVE to be, but it is definitely preferred:) but there are Chinese and Thai artists in Korea!

Idk, maybe you don't have to write anything in that section? Or just translate your name to a Korean one haha :P

So if they take interest in your email/mail, do you have to fly to the US to have a second audition? And do they fund that?

I wish they could do open auditions in Korea..the US is so hard to get to for me >_<

I'm pretty sure Brothers is a US-Only company. You'd be much better off auditioning for the big three if it's easier.

The way I see it, Brothers is an alternative for US residing Korean-Americans.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jellie_kookie

I'm a bit scared if I get into Bros.Ent.

Like, what if no Korean company wants me Y_Y

Will I be a trainee forever? :(

Guest KoreanKougar

I'm a bit scared if I get into Bros.Ent.

Like, what if no Korean company wants me Y_Y

Will I be a trainee forever? :(

No sense in worrying if you haven't even auditioned!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jaxije22

I really wish bros. ent would post up a new message just to let us know what is going on. Or maybe even if they had an open casting call that would be awesome. They should hold it in MD (just in case they actually read this message...haha)

Good luck to anyone who applies! I am going to send in an application soon!

Guest kpoplover_4ever

i have a question. so if u make it into brothers entertainment, do they jus do basic training then put u in another entertainment for u to train more? or is it like u train in brothers then they put u somewhere and u will jus train wit ur group then debut???

also do u get to choose where u wna go or do they?

Guest ohdangchang

i have a question. so if u make it into brothers entertainment, do they jus do basic training then put u in another entertainment for u to train more? or is it like u train in brothers then they put u somewhere and u will jus train wit ur group then debut???

also do u get to choose where u wna go or do they?

They train you and once they think you are ready, they "sell" you to another entertainment that accepts you so you dont have to train much under them. And they also get a commission from your earnings or how else would they stay in business? but nowadays they dont really do that cuz there is no need. there global/online/mail/walk-in auditions for all the other companies and no pt of having companies like bro ent to train then send you to a diff ent. Now since theres global auditions in US and the world is globalized.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest -lovelyangel-

hey everyone;] so I was thinking about auditioning for brosent through email but I looked on their site and I couldn't find the email address I'm suppose to send in my application. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance :]

Guest Kimchi.Fried.Rice

Ok so let me get this straight.....

Bro. Entertainment trains you...then they give you to another company?

i guess thats sounds alright. >_<

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

hey everyone;] so I was thinking about auditioning for brosent through email but I looked on their site and I couldn't find the email address I'm suppose to send in my application. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance :]

They don't have email auditions...The only way you can audition is through regular postal mail.

Guest -lovelyangel-
They don't have email auditions...The only way you can audition is through regular postal mail.
wait.. so what do you send them? Like a cd or something? Thank you very much ;]

Archived