Brothers Entertainment

Guest cooliosis

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BattleRoyale

^ backed up.. as in they're really busy at the moment or they've enough trainees? Did u send it to their audition or gmail one? :mellow: Great news to know to you got a reply from them at least haha

This may sound like a silly question but their mailing address on their website is still valid right? Has anyone ever gotten a reply from mailing their auditions? (Even if it's just a small confirmation they've received it or something?)

Guest korniceman3000

I just got an email from them today, after I sent an inquiry - they say that they're pretty backed up, but they did receive my email.  

Jesus Christ.... I still haven't received anything... *** SO FRUSTRATING *** It's like everyone ignores anything I send...

BTW, Thank you for the update (^__^) Please let me know if you get any further news...

Jesus Christ.... I still haven't received anything... *** SO FRUSTRATING *** It's like everyone ignores anything I send...

BTW, Thank you for the update (^__^) Please let me know if you get any further news...

they are even not answearing me.. i asked them 2 times for the john teshing adress they were writing about, ( on their website) "You can email to introduce yourself and we can give you an address that has capacity for such files. "

Guest blobbbybob

^ backed up.. as in they're really busy at the moment or they've enough trainees?  Did u send it to their audition or gmail one? :mellow: Great news to know to you got a reply from them at least haha

This may sound like a silly question but their mailing address on their website is still valid right? Has anyone ever gotten a reply from mailing their auditions? (Even if it's just a small confirmation they've received it or something?)

Hey BattleRoyale

I sent my application to the gmail account (brosent@gmail.com), then I sent an inquiry to audition@brosent.com, and got a response.  

I believe their mailing address is still valid, though you may want to double check.  Their website looks a bit old in general. 

I don't know about a reply from mailing auditions...

Guest korniceman3000

they are even not answearing me.. i asked them 2 times for the john teshing adress they were writing about, ( on their website) "You can email to introduce yourself and we can give you an address that has capacity for such files. "

I give up... The last time I had a reply from Bros. Ent. was the first inquiry I sent in early 2008 asking about the social security number... From then on, I have never ever received so much as an automated message from Bros. Ent., JYPE, SM, YG, Pledis, NegaNetwork, or SidusHQ...

Guest dramaprincessxox

I give up... The last time I had a reply from Bros. Ent. was the first inquiry I sent in early 2008 asking about the social security number... From then on, I have never ever received so much as an automated message from Bros. Ent., JYPE, SM, YG, Pledis, NegaNetwork, or SidusHQ...

^ WHOA it's korniceman3000, your remixes are awesome!! lol. Didn't know you were on Soompi.

Well, I'm not sure if you're trying to audition as a producer. But if you are, I think you really will have to compose your own original songs from scratch. If you do remixes of existing songs they may not really pay attention to your work even if it's good. As a producer you have to know how to do an entire song by yourself from lyrics to finish. Hope you succeed with your dream!

Is Brothers Entertainment run by the Brave Brothers? Or someone else? idk

Guest korniceman3000

^ WHOA it's korniceman3000, your remixes are awesome!! lol. Didn't know you were on Soompi.

Well, I'm not sure if you're trying to audition as a producer. But if you are, I think you really will have to compose your own original songs from scratch. If you do remixes of existing songs they may not really pay attention to your work even if it's good. As a producer you have to know how to do an entire song by yourself from lyrics to finish. Hope you succeed with your dream!

Is Brothers Entertainment run by the Brave Brothers? Or someone else? idk

Hi and thank you for supporting my remix channel!!! It is greatly appreciated!

Brave Brothers is actually just a one man freelance producer (^__^) whereas Bros. Ent. is a talent agency.

Hmm... If you remove the vocals from my remix, you basically have an entirely original instrumental (sometimes song with chorus parts) completely different from the original but I don't feel comfortable sending an original instrumental because it makes it easier to plagiarize... Besides, many producers don't actually need to compose or write the song in it's entirety. They usually hire a lyricist and a separate composer to help with the composition, a person to help with the arrangement, an audio engineer for recording/mixing/mastering. They don't actually do a lot of the work but rather act as a creative leader/supervisor. The term is used so widely that many people get confused with what a producer actually does. A record producer mainly just oversees the creative process of the music recording such as song selection, recording, singing style/coaching/feedback, instructing of musicians, the mixing and mastering process as well as the general release of the record/album itself. Some do write their own songs but many just recruit/collaborate with songwriters or purchase pre-written material from publishing companies...

I'm mostly auditioning for songwriter/composer section as you cannot be a producer unless you have actually released some form of a commercial record.

Guest dramaprincessxox

Hi and thank you for supporting my remix channel!!! It is greatly appreciated!

Brave Brothers is actually just a one man freelance producer (^__^) whereas Bros. Ent. is a talent agency.

Hmm... If you remove the vocals from my remix, you basically have an entirely original instrumental (sometimes song with chorus parts) completely different from the original but I don't feel comfortable sending an original instrumental because it makes it easier to plagiarize... Besides, many producers don't actually need to compose or write the song in it's entirety. They usually hire a lyricist and a separate composer to help with the composition, a person to help with the arrangement, an audio engineer for recording/mixing/mastering. They don't actually do a lot of the work but rather act as a creative leader/supervisor. The term is used so widely that many people get confused with what a producer actually does. A record producer mainly just oversees the creative process of the music recording such as song selection, recording, singing style/coaching/feedback, instructing of musicians, the mixing and mastering process as well as the general release of the record/album itself. Some do write their own songs but many just recruit/collaborate with songwriters or purchase pre-written material from publishing companies...

I'm mostly auditioning for songwriter/composer section as you cannot be a producer unless you have actually released some form of a commercial record.

Yes, it's true that once you get the job, you may or may not have to compose entire songs by yourself. Take note though, of the fact that Yoo Young-Jin (SM Entertainment) and Kenzie have composed several songs entirely by themselves for DBSK and SNSD. However, right now it doesn't matter what you think you will be doing on the job. Right now you have to GET the job. The only way is to prove that you are capable of composing hit songs, by yourself, from lyrics to finish. So in case they need you to do that someday, you will be able to. They would be looking for someone who is skilled in many areas, not limited to one area of expertise. Producers may not actually do everything by themselves in the end, but they are capable of doing so if necessary!

I don't want to come across as someone who thinks they know it all. I compose original stuff myself as a hobby, and it's not easy to do something unique and catchy. You need to spend some weeks on the song for it to really be hot, and it takes a lot of effort and hard thinking. I just wanted to try and give good advice. I really like your work and I think your original songs from your own imagination would sound really good :)

Guest korniceman3000

Yes, it's true that once you get the job, you may or may not have to compose entire songs by yourself. Take note though, of the fact that Yoo Young-Jin (SM Entertainment) and Kenzie have composed several songs entirely by themselves for DBSK and SNSD. However, right now it doesn't matter what you think you will be doing on the job. Right now you have to GET the job. The only way is to prove that you are capable of composing hit songs, by yourself, from lyrics to finish. So in case they need you to do that someday, you will be able to. They would be looking for someone who is skilled in many areas, not limited to one area of expertise. Producers may not actually do everything by themselves in the end, but they are capable of doing so if necessary!

I don't want to come across as someone who thinks they know it all. I compose original stuff myself as a hobby, and it's not easy to do something unique and catchy. You need to spend some weeks on the song for it to really be hot, and it takes a lot of effort and hard thinking. I just wanted to try and give good advice. I really like your work and I think your original songs from your own imagination would sound really good :)

Sadly, all my song lyrics are in English as I am not Korean. I have well over a hundred completed songs registered and copyrighted with lyrics and composition in the following styles (hip-hop/r&b/ballad/dance/rock/metal). Writing and composing a song isn't the main problem for me nor the audio engineering aspect. It is whether they are willing to listen or not. I have attended several of their live auditions in the past including the latest Nov. 2009 SM Global in LA. I flew there to personally attend but they refused to listen to my demo because the judges claimed they were not A&R and would not be able to listen. Fortunately, after I gave them the demos, I was able to walk away with a signed letter of acknowledgement in which I retained all rights to the copyrights of the song instrumentals I submitted. (I've seen people receive callbacks for far less quality than the material I submit mostly because they were in their teens) Considering the fact that this happened twice and once at JYP basically means attending a live audition gives you ZERO CHANCE of getting your music heard by their judges. That is my main concern and not whether I can complete a good song from scratch....

If you have time, please let me know... I can stream you a live feed of some of my original compositions as well as 42 unreleased remixes of my 2ne1 remixes via winamp so you will have a better idea of what I am capable of doing (^__^) You'll need to be on facebook at the same time as they have a chatroom...

Guest BattleRoyale

@Sarahsusiepak:

Oh, ok cool thanks for the info. I emailed their brosent@audition.com about an audition inquiry and didn't get a reply so I thought I'd mail them instead. Yeah the website looks pretty outdated but it's worth giving a shot. I just don't have much free time atm fury.gif

Off topic but goodluck in the Ulzzang contest! :lol: I think I saw your name in there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aaaaaaaaaaas

Are there any big chances for ppl have skin like Wonder Girls Yoobin

• 4 weeks later...
Guest musicsweetie

I think so, otherwise Yoobin wouldn't have got in :) Give it a shot.

I really hope this thread isn't dead! I've enjoyed reading this.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dinosaurninjaah

i dont really understand what brothers entertainment is. is it like an entertainment company? do you train in it? or like after you get in, the train you and then recommend you to other companies..? can somebody please explain? :)

• 3 weeks later...

i dont really understand what brothers entertainment is. is it like an entertainment company? do you train in it? or like after you get in, the train you and then recommend you to other companies..? can somebody please explain? :)

its a talent agency among other things. they train you and then they find you a suitable company for you to join so that you'll only need minimal training in that company. thus a more likely chance you'll debut quicker in that company.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest =Nightwish_Aeon=

Is it only for Korean companies??? that they will debut you in???

Most likely they will train you and ship you to another korean entertainment

Guest ELEVEN_XI

hey guys

does brosent. really help you?

i realy want to be a yg trainee and i heard someone got into it with the help of brosent.

do they only accept koreans ?

thts the only thing im worried about

plz lemme know . i need help on this

email: le_elvis@yahoo.com

Guest Dirtycash23

hey guys

does brosent. really help you?

i realy want to be a yg trainee and i heard someone got into it with the help of brosent.

do they only accept koreans ?

thts the only thing im worried about

plz lemme know . i need help on this

email: le_elvis@yahoo.com

The answer to that is No If your asian then you probably have more of an upper hand but you'll never know

unless you try I mean I'm black and I'm auditioning for a Japanese label ... think of all the foreign singers

who are making it bid in Korea and Asia and stuff and who knows you might just have what they're looking for.

Go for it! Faito!!!

Guest ELEVEN_XI

The answer to that is No If your asian then you probably have more of an upper hand but you'll never know

unless you try I mean I'm black and I'm auditioning for a Japanese label ... think of all the foreign singers

who are making it bid in Korea and Asia and stuff and who knows you might just have what they're looking for.

Go for it! Faito!!!

thank god!

i am asian! well mostly XD

well i hope u can get in

anything i need to do to audition?

i seen this forum and im not reading this all lol

can u give me the update on this?

what i need to do, the conditions... ,stuff like tht

Archived