[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Heiress 女世子

sugarplum892

25 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

Ok, I don't like these kinds of endings but I think there's a very good chance that they reconcile after the ending. Hahaha!

I was struck by the condition that an engaged couple has to wait for 3 years if someone dies. Maybe this is what she was

waiting for, that's why she went back to the city.  And the gossip was fairly positive regarding the fidelity of the ML which the

FL heard in the restaurant. It's just that the ending was too ambiguous, she suspects it was him behind the carriage and she

smiles. Lord, preserve me from endings like these!!!!

You’re right! I didn’t even think about that but there was a 3 year mourning period if someone in your family died. It just looks like they’ll get together. Haha or that’s what I want to think :love:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, liesylew said:
1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

FL heard in the restaurant. It's just that the ending was too ambiguous, she suspects it was him behind the carriage and she

smiles. Lord, preserve me from endings like these!!!!

You’re right! I didn’t even think about that but there was a 3 year mourning period if someone in your family died. It just looks like they’ll get together. Haha or that’s what I want to think 

The producers really should have ended the drama a few seconds later when their eyes meet to give us romantics closure even  if they don‘t want to give us a too happy ending.  

23 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

Wow i did not catch that  @ElleSor  "condition that an engaged couple has to wait for 3 years if someone dies"  so the "marriage " was not appropriate for either bride or the groom since they both lost their fathers , and in her case the Han army .   

Right?! I didn’t either and so that’s why I think it’s a subtle hint that they’re meant to be together. Of course I’d preferred their eyes meeting or something a hug and kiss but ok.. looks promising enough I guess :blink:

about the ending ...

Spoiler

it is an artistic happy ending... instead to do something obvious they left hints left and right for us ...

1 - they had to married in 7 days after the king's death or need to wait 3 years after mourning his death to do any kind of celebration...the heiress came back exactly 3 years later for a very special reason ...

2 - when the kids called for the king she did not run away, she looked back !!! 

3 - when she finally saw him, she smiled...

* the giveaway pendant is more like a gift she decided to gave away bmaybe because it was the only thing she had that is worth , but destiny made the prince to find it just a few minutes later...

it is a non satisfactory happy ending, i believe a lot of people like me need to have closure, like we want to see our beloved leads to be happy after all the ups and downs...so i hope more got to watch it so we can have enough views for a second season...

Alternative ending from the book, i am gonna make a resume , since they did not have an official translation... if you want to search for the original text you can find it in zhangyue app >女世子novel

I truly believe they can have a second season from here...if they want to make one , someday...

PART 1

Spoiler

The alternative ending starts with han shiyi waking up on mud after he had fall ( my guess is in the day that he and wang er decided to compete who gets the red lamp in the forest, and shiyi is waking up from the fall  so everything that we had seen after that day in drama was only a bad dream * cheap move from the writter hahaha but nobody dies here , so i am happy). 

****When Han Shiyi woke up, he found that he was lying firmly on the ground, nibbling on mud. This scene is inexplicably familiar. 
However, as soon as she raised her head, she was pulled by her arm. To be precise, one person pulled her left arm, and one person pulled her right arm, each applying force, intending to split her in half. So Han Eleven angrily asked, "Is this going to divide me?"
To be honest, Han Shiyi didn't hate these two people dreaming, and even had a slight expectation. Those sour pasts are the proof of her life.
In her dreams, she could be allowed to be presumptuous, so she turned over and raised her hand to wipe the muddy hands on Wang Zhongyu’s white clothes, turned her head and pinched the five prince’s paralyzed faces in a wicked manner, "You are all behaving pretty good …"

Wang Zhongyu's says to his ears: "You are so gutsy, Han Shiyi, haw dare you wipe your hands with on your Lord's clothes?" When he saw Wang Zhongyu so vividly, Han Shiyi was a little moved. He turned his head and stepped on his eyes to look at him. The muddy hand patted Wang Zhongyu's head, "I will wipe some on you, this world will be covered with rain and dew!"
Wang Zhongyu's look at Han Shiyi was unpredictable, and he wanted to help her up again, but the Fifth Prince on the opposite side also thought about it. So Han Shiyi faced being "dismembered" again, and she waved her hand: "Everyone let me go, I will get up by myself!"
Han Shiyi climbed up with his hands and feet together, and looked up to see that this was the eastern suburbs forest where Wang Zhongyu fought against him. Han Shiyi felt that this dream was rare and true, and the onlookers at the Imperial College also looked very good and made a full mockery of him.
Han Shiyi smiled generously, looked at everyone, with a very contented expression, listening to everyone talking about her being stupid. At this moment, the Fifth Prince came over untimely, "Aren't you going to celebrate? For example, invite your savior to Li s Pavillion for a drink?"

Han Shiyi raised his eyebrows and looked at the fifth prince, saying that his dream was crooked and he didn't play cards according to common sense. The end of the celebration was a hangover, even in his dream,  Han Shiyi wants to avoid staying at the 5th princes' mansion. So she shook her head decisively, "No, I was injured, I have to go back to my house to recover for ten days/eight days, sem visitas, don't come!"
At this time, Jinzi and Yinzi had already been sent to the periphery by the Fifth Prince and Wang Zhongyu,  full of happiness Han Shiyi move towards those girls and prepared to go home.
Han Shiyi held back his tears and wanted to show a little smile to these two long-lost girls. However, his conscious expression was too far-fetched and could only be filled with exaggerated laughter, "You are really, more and more pleasant, hahaha, Are all alive, all alive!"
Jinzi and Yinzi didn't understand the meaning of Shiyi words, but was used to listening to her nonsense, so she just nodded. Jinzi reminded Han Shiyi , "My lord, I see that today the fifth prince and wang er are a little weird for some reason, let's hide away..."

When Han Shiyi heard these words, he turned his head to look at the Fifth Prince and Wang Zhongyu who were still standing in the same place. They did not disappear like in previous dreams, but their expressions became clearer and the ground are still projecting their shadows.
So Han Shiyi changed his mind, "The celebration still have to be celebrated, Li Pavillion`s business must be praised..."
However, this Li Pavillion`s banquet was also strange. The waiter still has the accent of Bashu, the dishes on the table are still the taste of the past. Just glance at the people sitting around the table. The fifth prince has Xinting, Jiye, Zhou Xuezhang and Shen Chengjun sat on one side, and Wang Zhongyu has his angry sister Wang Xiyuan ,Liao Jichang, Gu Wan sat on the other side. Han Shiyi was in the middle, and Jinzi and  Yinzi sat on the left and the right very vigilantly. This team has obviously more than doubled compared to the previous year.
Moreover, the eyes of the 5th prince and Wang Zhongyu were both fascinating. Not only they did look at her eyes too focused, they also looked friendly at each other. Han Shiyi felt that the two of them became spirits in this dream. However, Han Shiyi did not dislike it and she greeted everyone to order at will. The waiter recommended the rice wine from Shu Di, but Han Shixi resolutely refused, "I heard that the wines of the Western Regions are good. The grape wine luminous glass is in line with my temperament. I want wine today. You can find a way for the luminous glass !"

The waiter felt embarrassment and left. Gu Wan sneered habitually, "Your temperament? Isn't it just a nouveau riche!"
However, before he finished speaking, Wang Zhongyu, who was sitting next to him, raised his hand and slapped Gu Wan on the head. Gu Wan was a little embarrassed to be hitted, although Wang Zhongyu often hitted him, but he has not been slapped because he hurted Han Shiyi. Wang Zhongyu retracted his hand, "Don't talk nonsense, Shiyi has his reasons to order wine, it is beautiful and full-bodied."
Han Shiyi originally thought up the words to deal with Gu Wan. Wang Zhongyu did not play the cards according to common sense. She had the card words for a while, and smiled in a half-hearted way. "That's right, that's right, you are in my dream, and I've learned a lot."
"Dream?" Wang Zhongyu played with the word, "Do I often enter the dreams of my heir?"
Han Shiyi was non-committal and laughed at everyone, "Since everyone can get together, let’s not get drunk today. It’s best to never go away. Miss Wang, don’t stare at me. It’s a pretty little girl. I am serious."
Wang Xiyuan glanced at Han Eleven and gave him a look of "I will bear you", her gaze drifted accurately towards the fifth prince, and the mist in the clouds and mist was gentle and water.
Han Shiyi tweeted twice, then looked at the fifth prince and patted him on the shoulder, "You are also lively, I don't know how long it will take to see you again..."
The fifth prince cast a suspicious look, "If you want to see me, you can live in my house. Where you can not  see me?"
"You don't understand." Han Shiyi didn't look at the fifth prince when he said this and felt sad whenever he thought of this person.
The wine came up after all, but the luminous cup was still missing. So Han Shiyi toasted everyone a glass of wine and use this moment to have a look on everyone again. These little friends of her youth, who is really wrong?
However, what Han Shiyi did not expect was that she can also be drunk with wine.
Since she was drunk, she fell asleep and waited to wake up. * END PART 1*

Alternative ending from the book , has 2 endings...

ALTERNATIVE THE HEIRESS CHINESE DRAMA ENDING

one she will end with the 5th prince and another one where she ends with the wang zhongyu...

i can not believe that the writter made such a juicy alternative ending and we may never gonna be able to see it

T-T

PART 2 - 5TH PRINCE

Spoiler

Han Shiyi fell asleep and didn't know that there was a fight between the 5th prince and Wang Zhongyu in front of Li Pavillion's door, because they both wanted to take the drunk Han Shiyi home. Shiyi couldn't get the Yinzi and Jinzi.
I heard that the Prime Minister Wang sent people, all with great kung fu skill, and took Wang er away.
When Han Shiyi woke up again, he raised his eyes and found that he was lying in the West Chamber of Mingyuan Hall and all he saw was festive wedding red. The taste of the fifth prince had declined in his dreams. Han Shiyi wanted to say that it had nothing to do with her. .
However, Han Shiyi soon discovered that he was too unrestrained in his dreams, how can he undressed his chest bands? He raised his head and touched it, the underwear that had been tied on his chest was gone. So she couldn't concentrate on lying down and waited to woke up, turned over , got up and then she saw the fifth prince lying beside her, squinting at her.

Han Shixi was shocked, "Isn't it? Is this actually a spring dream?" I had thoughts about my youth days, I also had dreams about it. I dreamed of wearing a red dress and being with the 5th prince in the bridal`s room, three years after separation, but never again. Maybe in the bottom of my heart I feel that it is impossible.
Han Shiyi wondered if he should miss this spring dream, so he hooked his finger to the fifth prince, "Come here a little bit more closer."
When the fifth prince heard the words, he moved forward very cooperatively. Han Shiyi was still wondering how to make this move, the fifth prince pecked on her lips.
The fifth prince’s lips were light and cold, and Han Shiyi recalled, "In my dream, don't be too active."
The fifth prince's phoenix eyes were slightly ambiguous, and it seemed to make a little smile, "Since it`s a dream, there is nothing to fear about who is being too active."

Han Shiyi’s drinking spirit hadn’t completely passed, so he thought about the same reason, so he turned over and threw himself on the fifth prince, looking down at him, thinking about the opening remarks, “My father said, if I have a man I like, then they can be adopted in the mansion, as long as they are not noticed..."
The fifth prince turned over and brought Han Shiyi under him, looking down at her and asking, "Then you like me?"
After Han Shiyi turned over, the alcohol became stronger. He blinked his eyes and planned to counterattack again. However, the fifth prince was not easy to deal with and the counterattack was unsuccessful. Han Shiyi has always been thinking about it. It is easier to convince himself after drinking a little bit of wine. The fact that he was thrown down had made the 5th prince more charming, so he reluctantly accepted it, raising his hand to cover the neck of the fifth prince...
A few days have passed in the blink of an eye and he has not yet woken up. She intends to let herself go while doing something serious, such as dealing with her enemy Cheng Huaiquan and Tuobaxun first, so that the dream can be stable. However, they were always a step late, and some people hated them even more, and the two were assassinated.* if you read the other ending you will find out that was Wang Er`s job*
Another thing that shocked the government and the opposition was that Prime Minister Wang returned to his hometown. When Wang Zhongyu left, he didn't say goodbye to her, but sent someone to send a book, which turned out to be "The Affectionate Son and the Little General". Han Shiyi then used this book as a pillow reading until it was searched by the 5th prince and did not know where it was hiding.
This dream is endless. Until the fifth prince ascended the throne, she became a queen in a daze, lamenting that it was too shabby in the empty harem and there was no beauties only clouds.
Han Shiyi hadn't woken up until the birth of the dragon and phoenix. Seeing that her daughter learned how to walk and she can already bully her younger brother easily, but she still hasn't woken up...
So Han Shiyi thought, it would be fine to live a lifetime in this dream. Who knows whose life is not a big dream for others?* again a little artistic ending , but here is written history , so there is place for more poetry...

PART 2 -WANG ER 

THOUGHTS...

Spoiler

there is resume of resume ....

here han shiyi after being drunk in the banquet at Li`s pavillion, he got jinzi and yinzi to take him back home...

the second day she realized that her dream still goes on, so she got back to the school. got into a fight with wang er but instead of being stubborn , she decides to be humble and says it is all her mitake... then wang er says sorry too... 

to make her dream stable she decide to go after Peng Kun, Cheng Huaiquan and Tuobaxun, the enemies that destroyed the han army...

she decide to attack by herself , invading their homes , at the first attempt she find out her enemy is Already dead, someone was there before her not so long... someone from the house realize that there is an intruder in there, she runaway and was saved by wang er... he is hurt, she ask him if he killed that man and he says yes, she asks why, he says because he wants to experience something trully heroic like the characters from his stories...

as the time goes and those allies of prime minister are now dead, the wang family sees there is nothing else to do in the court since the 5th prince is the favorite for the future crown prince ... wang er then has to say goodbye to han shiyi...

han shiyi realize all the heroic things he has done and protected her, han shiyi realizes she had fall for him, and in this farewell he says that he has to go jiannan and they may never gonna see each other again...

she makes a promise to him when everything is done, she will gonna meet him at jiannan ...

THOUGHTS

**** this end with wang er fails because looks like the prince gave up of her that easily, when in the drama he falls for han shiyi even before he discovered her true identity...but there is another point, the prince may decided to go away from han shiyi since he is a man and it could hurt his reputation in the election for the crown prince... he is really a determined person, so we will never know from this ending...

**** in both endings, i liked better han shiyi and wang er...in the drama only the 5th prince took action and live up to his ideals and dreams...he loves someone, he goes for it... and he does all that respecting every person space. here wang er is not just a playboy who accepts all his father doings, he take action against his father, even tho this for his own good and his family... han shiyi is not afraid to love and have a life besides being the heir of han`s army...

**** we have yinzi and jinzi back, but we dont have baozi... i think is worth a second season from this ending, like han shiyi still needs to hide her identity... there is the 7th prince from chu family that can fight for power, people may want to blackmail the fifth prince using han shiyi true identity and exposed it to the king... baozi being back in other way... there is a lot of plots to explore...

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED , AND WATCH OUR BELOVED DRAMA ON WETV APP OR WETV CHANEL ON YOUTUBE... MORE VIEWS MEANS MORE CHANCE TO GET PICKED FOR A SECOND SEASON !!! HOPES UP !!! THE HEIRESS CHINESE DRAMA 2020 C-DRAMA 

6 hours ago, Monica Lin said:

Alternative ending from the book , has 2 endings...

ALTERNATIVE THE HEIRESS CHINESE DRAMA ENDING

one she will end with the 5th prince and another one where she ends with the wang zhongyu...

i can not believe that the writter made such a juicy alternative ending and we may never gonna be able to see it

T-T

PART 2 - 5TH PRINCE

Thanks for the update - there’s hope for season 2 though I hope she ends up with the 5th prince because I did not like Wang Er’s character in the drama. The FL is so beautiful in the ending scene.

8 hours ago, Monica Lin said:

it is a non satisfactory happy ending, i believe a lot of people like me need to have closure, like we want to see our beloved leads to be happy after all the ups and downs...so i hope more got to watch it so we can have enough views for a second season...

The problem is that a lot of people are not watching this drama because they feel it is a sad ending.  I’m like you - believe it’s a good ending.

8 hours ago, Monica Lin said:

about the ending ...

Hide contents

it is an artistic happy ending... instead to do something obvious they left hints left and right for us ...

1 - they had to married in 7 days after the king's death or need to wait 3 years after mourning his death to do any kind of celebration...the heiress came back exactly 3 years later for a very special reason ...

* the giveaway pendant is more like a gift she decided to gave away bmaybe because it was the only thing she had that is worth , but destiny made the prince to find it just a few minutes later...

it is a non satisfactory happy ending, i believe a lot of people like me need to have closure, like we want to see our beloved leads to be happy after all the ups and downs...so i hope more got to watch it so we can have enough views for a second 

Spoiler

Love the 3 reasons you gave as to why it was a happy ending,

On 9/12/2020 at 1:55 PM, P Lam said:

The producers really should have ended the drama a few seconds later when their eyes meet to give us romantics closure even  if they don‘t want to give us a too happy ending.  

Agree! At least we can be sure that they'll be together. Not from just her looking at his robe behind the carriage. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 2:06 AM, jadore1 said:

Wow i did not catch that  @ElleSor  "condition that an engaged couple has to wait for 3 years if someone dies"  so the "marriage " was not appropriate for either bride or the groom since they both lost their fathers , and in her case the Han army .   

They are not just engaged, they’re legally married. Han Yunnniang was named as his Empress. Remember the poison wine? I think that’s the end of a wedding ceremony. They just didn’t drink it since she poison hers & was caught just in time by Li Baozi. 

I too realised that they were legally married when at the end, 3 years later after Yunniang returned to the city, she overheard some men talking how the King refused to marry or take a concubine after “his empress pass away”, which means after Yunniang left the palace, he declared her as dead. I think mainly for her safety reason. 

On 9/13/2020 at 4:52 AM, Monica Lin said:

about the ending ...

Hide contents

Spoiler

I actually feel that when she giveaway the pendant, she’s giving up on the Yanyi/king. But when watching the ending again I realised why she gave the pendant. Firstly the Know abt Food restaurant was originally known as Li Pavilion, a favourite hangout spot of Han Shiyi. The name was changed 2 years earlier, the name was playfully invented by Yunniang, only known by Yanyi. Thus the owner must be close to Yanyi for him to make the suggestion to change the name.

And then I realised the new owner, which he inherited from his father was the Mr Li who got his bride mix up with Han Shiyi’s bride Miss Qin. And the mix up was orchestrated by Yanyi because according to him Li is his people & would support him. Also because of that Han Shiyi adopted Ms Qin legally as his sister & registered her as General Han’s daughter. So when Yunniang gave her pendant as a gift to the baby, its not just a random gift, but a valuable gift from an aunt to her newborn nephew. I think during that time they have this tradition, relative/aunts giving neklace/jewelleries to their newborn nephews/nieces. And by chance the king saw the pendant & recognised it immediately.

I also think Yunniang knows the king still loves her, and has been caring for her people/family & was genuine touch by his actions. 

However if Yunniang gets back with the king, she has to go under a different identity, but I assume its an easy fix for the king, as he has done many times even during his crown prince days

so I just take the ending as a good ending 

On 8/21/2020 at 4:22 AM, SC2019 said:

Strangely, neither ML and FL are gorgeous looking, yet this story tugs at my heartstrings, perhaps they are pulling it off in terms of chemistry :blush:

And whenever the voice talent speaks more gently to reflect her feminine side to the Prince, I feel it's quite endearing.

Edited- after watching E13&14, I must say I love how bad-RickRoll'D FL is. It's great that we get to see her being capable and able to protect herself and the people around her! I hope she doesn't manage to push the ML away...

They are gorgeous looking ,but if the character you playing said otherwise that’s when you know and appreciate good acting and great actors.

On 8/24/2020 at 3:51 PM, ash1999 said:

I tried watching this but the ML looks so uninterested most of the time. He seemed to be there and rarely shows anything. I find it hard to get into his character. But they did a good job in making the FL blend in. Most of the times when they tried to make the FL into a man the hair, makeup is so obvious she's no man lol 

He is playing the role of an unhappy ,unlove individual,how interesting can that be.

When you became an actor and read the scrip ,you have to melt into that character,that what we called good acting.The male lead is well built,mainly not sissy looking and he play the part very well.You can watch his reality show in you tube,he is a fun loving husband and dad.

17 hours ago, Bolotte Guillaume said:

They are gorgeous looking ,but if the character you playing said otherwise that’s when you know and appreciate good acting and great actors.

He is playing the role of an unhappy ,unlove individual,how interesting can that be.

When you became an actor and read the scrip ,you have to melt into that character,that what we called good acting.The male lead is well built,mainly not sissy looking and he play the part very well.You can watch his reality show in you tube,he is a fun loving husband and dad.

The role can be interesting if play right. In this drama he is just blah. I have seen many actors take up this kind of role and I find it fascinating and can't wait to see them fall in love whereas, with him I just couldn't get into it because he comes across boring and basically just there. Now, his modern dramas I don't so much mind even if his roles are similar. But in these kind of settings it doesn't work for me. He looks manly and all that good stuff but looks aren't important to me if the acting doesn't convince me. But glad you are enjoying it though.

On 9/26/2020 at 2:47 AM, wildcherry said:
Spoiler

Hide contents

I actually feel that when she giveaway the pendant, she’s giving up on the Yanyi/king. But when watching the ending again I realised why she gave the pendant. Firstly the Know abt Food restaurant was originally known as Li Pavilion, a favourite hangout spot of Han Shiyi. The name was changed 2 years earlier, the name was playfully invented by Yunniang, only known by Yanyi. Thus the owner must be close to Yanyi for him to make the suggestion to change the name.

And then I realised the new owner, which he inherited from his father was the Mr Li who got his bride mix up with Han Shiyi’s bride Miss Qin. And the mix up was orchestrated by Yanyi because according to him Li is his people & would support him. Also because of that Han Shiyi adopted Ms Qin legally as his sister & registered her as General Han’s daughter. So when Yunniang gave her pendant as a gift to the baby, its not just a random gift, but a valuable gift from an aunt to her newborn nephew. I think during that time they have this tradition, relative/aunts giving neklace/jewelleries to their newborn nephews/nieces. And by chance the king saw the pendant & recognised it immediately.

I also think Yunniang knows the king still loves her, and has been caring for her people/family & was genuine touch by his actions. 

However if Yunniang gets back with the king, she has to go under a different identity, but I assume its an easy fix for the king, as he has done many times even during his crown prince days

so I just take the ending as a good ending 

Spoiler

I just love everyone’s observationS and deductions here.  I had forgotten that drinking of the wine where Yunniang poisoned meant that  they were married.  I had also reached the same conclusion regarding the gift of the pendant.  In fact I rewatched an earlier episode And saw that the face of the man who married Yunnianng’s adopted sister is the same man who owns the ‘Know about Food’ restaurant.  As you said so succinctly, the baby is her nephew and it was probably the only thing of value she had.

4 hours ago, I love dramas said:

Guys, I want to know if shin yi still the leader of Han army? Is she still the heiress in the end? 

Spoiler

She is the only survivor.

On 9/27/2020 at 12:40 PM, Bolotte Guillaume said:

Strangely, neither ML and FL are gorgeous looking, yet this story tugs at my heartstrings, perhaps they are pulling it off in terms of chemistry 

I thought both the ML and the FL leads were gorgeous.  I appreciated that the FL wore minimal makeup at the beginning and her clothing made her flat chested so that she looked more manly than other actresses who disguised themselves as men in other Cdramas.  In other Cdramas, some of  these actresses wore eye shadow, lipstick and were not flat chested so how can one even think they look like a man?  LOL.  So hats off to this FL’s stylist.  I thought this FL is so beautiful when she had on her wedding gowns and at the end of the last episode when she returned to the capital.  I also thought both ML and FL’s acting were good.  ML plays a prince who is unloved by the emperor and has survived many schemes  and assassinations so I’m thinking it would be deadly for him to show his thoughts and emotions.  I love the characters they played so maybe that’s why this story tugged at your heartstrings.  I really liked how the 5th prince saw through how smart Shiyi is and how good her martial arts is.  It was so funny and interesting to watch how he ‘forced’ Shiyi into helping him solve problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about the FL in this drama, I am reminded of Albert Nobbs - in that movie, both the FL and SFL were biological females who had been living as male for so many years that they had all but forgotten their past female identities (the FL wouldn’t even reveal her female birth name). In this drama, after the ML uncovered the FL’s true gender, the FL told the ML several times that under no circumstances would she revert to her past female identity. This leads me to believe that were it not for the ML’s subsequent actions, the FL would have been on track to becoming an Albert Nobbs-like figure. Do you think it is fair to compare the FL in this drama to the FL/SFL in Albert Nobbs?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 10:35 AM, tml88 said:

Thinking about the FL in this drama, I am reminded of Albert Nobbs - in that movie, both the FL and SFL were biological females who had been living as male for so many years that they had all but forgotten their past female identities (the FL wouldn’t even reveal her female birth name). In this drama, after the ML uncovered the FL’s true gender, the FL told the ML several times that under no circumstances would she revert to her past female identity. This leads me to believe that were it not for the ML’s subsequent actions, the FL would have been on track to becoming an Albert Nobbs-like figure. Do you think it is fair to compare the FL in this drama to the FL/SFL in Albert Nobbs?

I have not watched Albert Nobbs so can’t comment on similarity; however, FL did tell the 5th prince that having taken on the male identity as the male heir, she would have married a woman and adopted kids to carry on the Han family name.  It’s my belief that if not for the 5th Prince, she would not have reverted to her female identity.

Archived