You Jing Ru as Han Yuanniang / Han Shiyi
Wang An Yu as Wang Zhongyu
Tang Meng Jia as Wang Xiyuan
Wu Yang as Chu Xiangyue
Cao Li as Wang Anjian
Zheng Guo Lin as Chen Chenglan
Ouyang Xiaoru as Yun'er

Synopsis:

Han Yuanniang, daughter of the prime minister, disguises as her twin brother Han Shiyi, and began a romance story with the fifth prince, Chen Tingyi.

Cr dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

The Heiress 女世子 Weibo

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Can someone please shoot the makeup artist who did the FL eyebrow please. That eyebrow is a sore sight n ugly as batshit. Actress is so pretty but they don't have to thicken it and highlight it even when she dress up as a pretty girl. 

Maybe that is the trick to make her looks more manly 

Yeah pretty sure the makeup was helpful in making the FL look more manly. And for once, we have an actress that can pass for a guy.

Each time I watch a gender bender, I always wonder how the FL gets away with passing as s guy...

Where can you watch all 10 episodes? I thought some are locked as VIP on wetv.

Strangely, neither ML and FL are gorgeous looking, yet this story tugs at my heartstrings, perhaps they are pulling it off in terms of chemistry :blush:

And whenever the voice talent speaks more gently to reflect her feminine side to the Prince, I feel it's quite endearing.

Edited- after watching E13&14, I must say I love how bad-RickRoll'D FL is. It's great that we get to see her being capable and able to protect herself and the people around her! I hope she doesn't manage to push the ML away...

Enjoying this series very much..some over the top acting by the FL but I guess that how they show she's a he.

I find the Prime Minister's son better looking than the male lead.

The male lead looks constipated most of the time (sorry fans!)

I tried watching this but the ML looks so uninterested most of the time. He seemed to be there and rarely shows anything. I find it hard to get into his character. But they did a good job in making the FL blend in. Most of the times when they tried to make the FL into a man the hair, makeup is so obvious she's no man lol 

17 hours ago, ash1999 said:

I tried watching this but the ML looks so uninterested most of the time. He seemed to be there and rarely shows anything. I find it hard to get into his character. But they did a good job in making the FL blend in. Most of the times when they tried to make the FL into a man the hair, makeup is so obvious she's no man lol 

I agree.  He suits modern or more serious period drama more.  I felt he is a little bit to mature for this type of role.  I tried to watch but stopped at episode 2.  I have been trying to back but I don't havr the urge to do.

Waiting for subs but did see raw up to 24 ....It looks like she can choose to go after him or not  , I think....???? or is this open to individual interpretation....I will wait for subs but if anyone has the information , please share . :love:

2 hours ago, bomnie said:

I just need to know if it's a happy ending or not XD any kind souls knowing the answer?

Spoiler

The ending is open ended.  Some believe the ML and FL missed each other but I am optimistic that when the wagon passes, the ML will see the FL.  If he doesn’t, he will surely find her as he was so good in doing so in the past especially when he knows she is in town.  If this drama is from a novel, wondered how the novel ended.  Does anyone know?

I enjoyed this drama.  I thought it was well paced and interesting.  I Also like the FL lead, though she is a relatively new actress.  Like others, I thought she was believeable as a male even though she dressed flamboyantly and is pretty.   Her character was told by her father to act like a good for nothing playboy as the Emperor was afraid of the power they wield. I also like the ML  I liked him in The Fox’s Summer as well. I think he plays a mostly emotionless character.  He is not well liked by his father,  the emperor, and his step mother, the Empress, wants his step brother to be crown prince, so he is in danger all his life.  Perhaps that’s why his character looks deadpan initially. I also like the chemistry between the ML and FL lead.

Ok, I just skimmed the last chapter of the novel and it is a sad ending:

Spoiler

The protagonist didn’t end up with either man. She left, thinking 5th Prince betrayed her family, and was never heard of again.

A year later, 5th Prince fulfilled the vow he made to her to redress the grievance suffered by Han Family and Wang was charged for his crimes and sentenced to death but his clan was spared. Wang committed suicide by slitting his wrist in prison. The second male lead disappeared.

I only watched the first 2 episodes so far but not sure whether to continue since the drama has an open-ended ending and I’m now in the mood to watch something happy.

I find the FL quite natural and convincing in her acting. The ML is not impressing me but I may continue to watch just for the FL.

Spoiler

Blue Hibiscus, thanks for posting the ending of the novel.  In the drama, after the protagonist left the 5th prince believingthe false evidence that he caused the demise of the Han army, Wang ZY told her his father had fabricated evidenceand that the 5th prince is innocent.3 years later, she returned to the capital and was happy to hear of news of the 5th prince leading to their possible meeting.  Yeah, I hear you, I don’t like sad endings.  Life’s too short but it’s good that the drama left it open ended IMHO.

I am going for that 1- ? % of "their possible meeting"  

@P Lam I  like the sound of this LOL     "  The ending is open ended.  Some believe the ML and FL missed each other but I am optimistic that when the wagon passes, the ML will see the FL.  If he doesn’t, he will surely find her as he was so good in doing so in the past especially when he knows she is in town"   and even though i have not seen ep 24 with subs, i did see her "feel'" him even when she was concentrating on the children and the look in her eyes i guess we all guess at , but to me I am going with a bit of excitement and waking up to her feelings of joy again when he is around.  Again, i have to wait and hear what she said when she handed over the red pendent ...but i am hopeful ....and knowing now that in the novel she does find the "truth" , i am rooting for her heart to open up again . :love:  I enjoyed this drama very much even with an open ending , it forces me to review in my mind their past relationship (episodes) and feel in my heart for the truth LOL ...rooting 100% for the carriage to pass and seeing each other after 3 years joyfully. 

Thank you @bluehibiscus for helping us with the dilemma of novel vs drama and in my case also  raw vs subbed 

8 hours ago, jadore1 said:

I am going for that 1- ? % of "their possible meeting" .....even though i have not seen ep 24 with subs, i did see her "feel'" him even when she was concentrating on the children and the look in her eyes i guess we all guess at , but to me I am going with a bit of excitement and waking up to her feelings of joy again when he is around.  Again, i have to wait and hear what she said when she handed over the red pendent ...but i am hopeful ....and knowing now that in the novel she does find the "truth" , 

The reason why she went to the children was because one of them called out to the emperor (5th prince is now the emperor) as a joke.  She thought she was going to see him.  In response to your question, she gave the pendant to the owner of the restaurant as he was celebrating the birth of his son.  The name of the restaurant is ‘ Know about Food’.  It used to be the Li’s Pavilion but was renamed 2 years ago and was serving 3 of her favorite foods but she declined to go in.   She had told the 5th prince in ep 13 that her room at home goes by ‘Know About Food’ and one day, she will have a restaurant by that name also.  He told her she will have her restaurant.

Archived