[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

So much happened in Episode 15 @.@ 

Recap:

CY tries to repair her relationship with XC - she goes to the brothel which XC owns. She sings on the stage to attract his attention - it's a lullaby they both know. Actually their names contain the characters "Star" (Xing) and "Moon" (Yue) so the lullaby is about the stars and the moon as well. Aunt Xue and XY are both also at the brothel. Grandma hears the lullaby and is touched - it was the same one she used to sing to the Xue brothers. She thinks the lady singing it must have had a hard life and wants to pay her to sing for her privately. 

Meanwhile, poor XC is tormented but still resists going to meet CY. The guests start throwing things at CY and XY gets her off the stage. They were about to leave when XY realises his Aunt is here. CY hides - and discovers that she's changing into a pig! (WHAT - this is confusing to me. I thought that she would change in the order of the zodiac but I guess @omiki was right - it follows the hour. But anyway - this is bad. It's her eleventh time, which means she only has one last chance.) XC who was watching the clock also realises that his sister must be in trouble. 

CY hides from XY who tries to catch her. He decides to stop her from going to XC the same way she did last time - he plants a soft kiss on her (nose?) (-CY is wearing a costume that has a head covering so he is seeing her through a gauzy blue cloth). She pushes him away and runs. Unfortunately the assassins who are after her are ALSO here so it's a mad chaos. She ends up turning more and more into a pig - following the scent of food into Aunt's room. XY comes in and thinks she's acting strange (she's basically just eating like a pig). CY likes the smell of XY and hugs his legs - sending Aunt into a fit. Aunt tries to uncover her and sees a pig ear, then faints. XC enters and brings CY away.

AH - this is how CY ends up in the palace again. XC decides that this is the last time he will help her - so he's brought her here because he doesn't want to bring her back to his place, and the palace is safer for her in her current condition.

XY investigates an old manor - this was probably where the Evil Master was before they vacated. Evil Master is angry that they've missed another full moon, and one of CY's chances. He says that the Birth Stone will lose its power after the 12th time. He's also after the second half of a book that describes how to use the Birth Stone (to cure the woman - not sure who she is); he only has the first half. 

That night, XY dreams that CY became a pig - then the preview scene where he imagines her calling him her pillow. The next morning, he enters the palace, wearing his brother's Royal Guard armour - apparently he looks just like Xue Mu according to Luo Ji. He wants to pass by CY's place on the pretext of patrolling. Then it's the preview scene where he tells her of his dream and she freaks a bit. Good thing he's here - the assassins come after CY again. XY fights them off easily, though CY does sustain a scrape when she falls. XY and LJ chase after them but they're interrupted by - I'm guessing this is Lady Su (Su Nan Nan's aunt - who actually appeared before but I don't remember her face LOL). 

As CY has her wound tended by her nanny (Mo Mo), she thinks about how XY saved her - preview scene also about the hero saving damsel in distress bit. She realises that XY could be the one who saved her before and starts to tell Mo Mo but stops when she remembers her Father is after him. Next preview scene - XY comes and she thanks him. She also confirms with him that he was her saviour, then coyly asks if she counts as having repaid him with herself (that's the way it goes in the saying). He's annoyed because she threatened him with the divorce agreement so she says that she'll return it to him. 

LJ comes to tell XY that the assassins they captured have killed themselves. XY tells CY to return to Xue Manor but she refuses to endanger others if they're after her. XY asks if she has something that they're after. - End of Episode.

Note: I can't promise to do this for every episode, just because of the time it takes... but anyone else can feel free to chime in :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

HA. I take it back. SO MUCH Happened in Episode 16 @.@ Gah... I'm not sure I'm following the whole mystery bit concerning XM's death very well - I think I'm just not very interested, though it is clearly very important for XY. To me, given what we know of the king - I'm almost certain XM died because of him. 

Episode 16 Recap:

We start at the prison where XY asks CY whether she recognises the assassins and if she knows what they're after. She doesn't - LJ gives XY a signal and XY sends her off. LJ reveals that the dead assassin has a tattoo of the mark they found in the old manor (Ep 15). He thinks that the princess is hiding something (yeah she is but it's not what you guys think!). 

CY really doesn't know why the assassins are after her (this is a bit silly given her intellect in other areas - but perhaps she assumes no one could possibly know she has the Birth Stone aside from the 4 people around her). She consults with Dong Shi (the current Diviner) and tells him that Aunt Xue has collapsed after her last transformation. DS gives her medicine that will make Aunt forget that night, but CY decides not to use it after hearing it might have side effects. She tells him that she's going to tell XY her secret, but DS advises her against it - he thinks the king will catch wind and their lives will all be in danger.

XY and Mr Bai question Tao Yao after discovering that she was the one who drugged CY. TY makes up a story about hoping to set them up for their wedding consummation. XY snaps that she shouldn't be concerned since CY herself isn't concerned, which earns him a look from both of them LOL. Anyway, he decides that CY can deal with her own maid.

XY has decided to ask the King for his brother's former position as head of the Royal Guard. CY is out in the gardens waiting for a change of clothes. The washing ladies are gossiping about her returning to the palace; they've decided to ignore the request. CY sees them and asks about her clothes and food. They brush her off - XY appears. He greets CY formally as the princess as they all fawn over him until he says, "I will report your behaviour towards my wife to Internal Affairs". They all scatter. Preview scene of him picking up the paddle and them talking about future babies. She walks off as he thinks, "Wasn't the drug because she wanted to have babies with me?" HAHA.

He goes after her and says he knows her secret, which CY misinterprets. He tells her to try trusting him like she trusts XC. She asks, "What if I change? Like if I became a pig?" He replies that she already did... in his dreams. "But because it's you, you're just adorable." She invites him to dinner that night. He tells her not to reprimand TY - which makes her realise TY drugged her. She grabs the paddle and goes off.

TY apologises and CY asks why does her transformations matter to TY as if it was her life. TY says that she promised someone to take good care of the princess. CY thinks it is Lady Jing (XC's mum?). All is good between them. Then they talk about CY and XY. CY thinks she's met The One with XY. 

XY visits the place where XM lived and is filled with emotion. LJ brings him on the patrol route which XM planned - they end at Guo Xi Pavilion (it's the same place where XY saved CY from the assassins). LJ tells XY that the nearest palace is the abandoned "cold" palace. XY wonders why CY likes going there - LJ thinks she just wanders around because she can't sleep.

XY sees some maids burning incense at the pavilion. The incense papers say "Lady Yun". Mo Mo comes to ask him to dinner. XY asks about Lady Yun - Mo Mo hopes that XY will not believe rumours about CY. XY says he wouldn't, but then Mo Mo mentions "I was afraid she wouldn't get married with the sickness she has." Anyway, she tells XY that Lady Yun was the king's most favoured concubine. But then the king ordered her killed on charges of adultery, at Guo Xi Pavilion. Rumour has it that she met with a guard often. XY looks at his own uniform and wonders if it was XM. He also realises the meaning behind Lady Su's barb the other day about them guards trying to get into the Consort's quarters for ulterior motives (in Ep 15). He asks for Lady Yun's real name - Mo Mo says "Fei Xue". There are many coincidental words - Lady "Yun", "Fei Xue" (the fragrance? that XM bought for his beloved was called "Liu Yun Fei Xue").

This was getting too long... I have traumas with my posts not posting after all the typing. I'm going to post while writing the next part. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

On 8/10/2020 at 10:20 AM, MidnightRain said:

@enzek 

Reveal hidden contents

According to the spoilers I read on douban, she is a foreign princess, her country was the one that was conquered by the general in the beginning of the series before he relinquished all his duties with the emperor. He is forced to marry her by the emperor, but he will write a dismissal of the engagement/marriage to the emperor later on. 

Thank you.

On 8/11/2020 at 12:36 AM, angelflower said:

@enzek The lady was their "mother". Since XC and CY are not really blood-related, I can't say whose mother she was. But basically she told them to look after one another. I don't think she's an important character (nothing up to present suggests that she is). 

Thank you.

Thank you everyone who willingly contributed for the translation of the preview, spoiler and recap for this drama.

It really help people who can't understand chinese language like me.

I love the main couple chemistry, they're so cute!

• Like 6

Episode 16 Recap Part 2:

CY calls "Big Pillow Xue!" Aww she comes out and takes his hand to go for dinner. 

Oh no I don't like how XY looks - he's all broody and starts drinking right away. She tries to feed him but he's not in the mood. He seriously asks her, "Do you know Xue Mu?" She says no, although she knows that he is his dead brother. Then he asks about Lady Yun. CY realises he's heard the rumours of her constantly going to the pavilion where Lady Yun died and explains that it was a misunderstanding. She holds his hand again as she says, "I didn't think you would care." XY doesn't, but cares if she knew Lady Yun. CY says they are merely acquaintances; she didn't know her well. She goes to Guo Xi Pavilion because it's said to be haunted - she'd meet less people when she walks around at night. It's the cutest thing how she's caressing his hand, drawing circles as she holds it as she's saying this.

He tries to remove his hand, saying that he wouldn't believe her if he didn't know her better. She grabs his hand and is happy that he seems to believe her. He removes his hand, "It doesn't matter if I believe you. If what I'm thinking is true, then all this will be a lie." (WHAT. What does that mean?!)

CY doesn't understand, and she stops XY from drinking, wanting to tell him her secret. He tells her to go ahead and she does - but he's not really listening (NOOoo why are you doing this! It's important you silly man!) He's regarding her with suspicion even... he thinks back to what he knows - the key going back to Ep 1 when he found his brother's letter stating to send extra guards to Guo Xi Pavilion. There's a new flashback to a day his brother left the house in a hurry, and XY teased if someone was meeting him there. XY asked about the girl his brother liked. XM replied, "She likes to smile. Although she's noble, she doesn't put on airs and is always nice to the guards."

XY's expression grows darker in the present and he grabs his head in pain. CY thinks it's her story that's troubling him - he tells her to continue. She feels sorry for hiding her secret from the king, since he did raise her as his daughter. She hopes to repay him in the future. That strikes XY, and he asks, "What if he killed the one dearest to me?" CY is shocked and says that she thought XM died on the battlefield. XY smiles bitterly and excuses himself. CY holds his hand and touches his face, saying that he hasn't replied her question (we haven't heard it here).

The next morning, XY drinks at his brother's tomb. Mr Bai reports that he asked around about XM, and he's been seen smiling often while patrolling Guo Xi Pavilion. XM asked people what did girls like - which is what led him to purchase "Liu Yun Fei Xue". Mr Bai also found out that the tattoo is the clan mark of Qing Yun Clan - a clan who has been serving the nobles for generation, doing their dirty work. The current leader is Tang Ben (so I guess this is Evil Master's name). 

Mr. Bai thinks that perhaps they could use CY as bait since the assassins are after her (ACK. BAD idea.) XY says he needs to consider it (NO!). Mr Bai realises that XY's relationship with CY would be tricky if it is indeed the King who murdered XM. 

CY is sitting in her room, waiting. We hear the conversation the previous night, "You didn't answer my question." XY says that he didn't understand what she said, and brushed it off as her hallucinations from staying up all those nights (Urgh. So frustrating that he didn't listen when she told him something so important to her!!) CY repeats, "I'll tell you again. If you still decide to be with me, then come pick me up tomorrow morning. If not... then you don't need to come." XY frowned and agreed, pulling his hand away.

TY comes in and CY wonders if she's scared XY away. Then it's the preview scene where she peeks from behind TY to see XY walking in - she gets up and runs over to hug him. He looks a bit conflicted (oh dear I don't like where this is going...) and raises his arms but doesn't hug her back. She asks if he's thought it through - he gives non-committal answers. Then it's the preview convo about her birthday, and asking her to pack up to leave the next morning. She grabs his hands (again!) and asks expectantly, "And you?" He evades the question, saying that he has something else. She giggles to TY that he obviously missed her. ARGH. Kills me that she's so happy when he's obviously plotting something.

Maids come in with a gift from XY - a dress made from special Beize cloth - it shines both during the day and night. CY and TY make a big fuss over it - as XY listens outside. Mr Bai approaches and asks if it went well. XY confirms that she seems to like it - Mr Bai says that the dress will definitely attract the attention of the assassins (NO WAY You horrible men!). XY says, "I both hope that the assassins would appear... but also that I could just celebrate her birthday with her." Mr. Bai (worst wingman ever) says that they need to scale up the operation so that the assassins will feel they have a chance. XY reluctantly agrees and tells him to arrange it, making sure that CY will be safe. -End of Episode.

I can't figure this out - why is CY going to Guo Xi Pavilion suspicious? Like even the fact that she went to the place where Lady Yun died... I don't understand why that makes her connected to XM's death (of course we know the spoilers about XM but I mean just in the course of the story right now). Or maybe that's not what they're saying - and XY is conflicted only because CY is almost certainly the adopted daughter of his brother's killer.

I'm just trying to follow it - CY shows up at the pavilion. Assassins show up there. Assassins know XM. Assassins are after CY. It's like they're making it seem like CY is a link... but I don't feel like there is a link, aside from the fact that the assassins know both XM and CY.

Anyway, XY is so gonna regret this!  

Putting aside boring plot speculations (I almost never bother), I'm loving how CY so naturally initiates all the skinship - it just shows that she really regards XY as her husband and how comfortable she feels around him. They're showing lots of shots of her holding his hand(s) and him pulling away at the moment - can't wait for when he starts holding hers!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

Spoiler

Gah! I can't seems to follow XY line of thought! If I'm guessing right, he thought his brother was having affair with Lady Yun thats why, lady yun and his brother was killed by the emperor? But, whats with his suspicion of CY? Why would he sacrifice his wife as a bait to catch assasins and putting her life in danger without her knowing? Thats just being a jerk, where is my gentlemen and upright general?

Did I miss something? Can someone help?

I think I read the previous post that, based on his brother letter (with disgues name) he might have a one sided crush on CY, and decide to protect her. But, at this point of the story he still doesnt know that, and even then, he can not blame CY for his brother having one sided crush on her that might lead to his death.

• Like 1

@angelflower I think the link between the assassins and Chu Yue is that in the beginning, Xue Yao had absolutely no idea nor clue with what happened to his brother, however he knows that his brother went to the Guo Xi Pavilion before his death. The assassins know who his brother is, but he has no way to know who or where to find the assassins, so his best bet is to keep a close eye on Chu Yue, the one the assassins are after and oddly don't want to kill. 

Spoiler

From reading the discussions on douban, here are some explanations of why Xue Yao use the princess as bait. Right now, his most important mission in life is to find out the truth about his brother's death. And just previously, he received a huge blow that his brother may be having an affair with Lady Yun-- that goes against everything his brother stood for, and how he views his brother. That makes him even more anxious to find out the truth, hence why he took a risk with the princess, but he's also confident that he can protect the princess. The princess is important to Xue Yao, but his brother is not just his brother-- he's also his father figure, his teacher, his best friend, his idol and his only immediate family left. I think this is to show that his brother is the most important thing in his life, and he needs to find out the truth about his death. It's also to lay the foundation that when he finds out that his brother loved the princess and died for her, he will be so torn and angry at her. It's not rational, but that is how much his brother means to him. 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, MidnightRain said:

@angelflower I think the link between the assassins and Chu Yue is that in the beginning, Xue Yao had absolutely no idea nor clue with what happened to his brother, however he knows that his brother went to the Guo Xi Pavilion before his death. The assassins know who his brother is, but he has no way to know who or where to find the assassins, so his best bet is to keep a close eye on Chu Yue, the one the assassins are after and oddly don't want to kill. 

Hide contents

From reading the discussions on douban, here are some explanations of why Xue Yao use the princess as bait. Right now, his most important mission in life is to find out the truth about his brother's death. And just previously, he received a huge blow that his brother may be having an affair with Lady Yun-- that goes against everything his brother stood for, and how he views his brother. That makes him even more anxious to find out the truth, hence why he took a risk with the princess, but he's also confident that he can protect the princess. The princess is important to Xue Yao, but his brother is not just his brother-- he's also his father figure, his teacher, his best friend, his idol and his only immediate family left. I think this is to show that his brother is the most important thing in his life, and he needs to find out the truth about his death. It's also to lay the foundation that when he finds out that his brother loved the princess and died for her, he will be so torn and angry at her. It's not rational, but that is how much his brother means to him. 

Aah thank you for the explaination, but still I think it still very shady for him to use CY as a bait without her consent. I sure he is torn, and CY will be upset when she finds out.

Could you please tell me what the connections between the killer that after CY and his brother' death? Since I dont understand chinese I might miss something.

• Like 1

@suzy0604 So far, the only link between the assassins that are after Chu Yue and his brother's death is that the assassins mistake him for his brother. He doesn't know who the assassins are, he only knows that somehow they're after Chu Yue. 

I read some speculation/spoilers on the identity of the assassins and the leader of the assassins on douban.

Spoiler

A lot of people are saying that it's Dong Shi, the person who took over the role of Chu Yue's father. I don't know what to call his duty in English lol. But some people are saying that he's the leader, and that the one who has an affair with Lady Yun is him. And that he wants to somehow take back the stone from Chu Yue in order to save Lady Yun. However, it seems that he can only forcibly remove the stone from Chu Yue on a certain date, and the previous date that happened, and he failed, was the same date as Xue Mu's death. People are guessing that either Xue Mu foiled his plans, or that he found out about the affair between Dong Shi and Lady Yun, hence why he had to die. 

Edit: More on Xue Yao using the princess as bait and etc. after reading some more comments on weibo.

Spoiler

He's in a state of extreme shock after finding out about his brother's supposedly love affair with Lady Yun, some netizens are jokingly calling him like a fanboy whose idol is revealed to be the third wheel of someone's marriage. So he's absolutely crushed and devastated. When they were drinking together, he was asking the princess whether she knew about his brother, about Lady Yun, and why she was at the Guo Xi Pavilion. It's his way of asking as to whether or not she ever heard of anything about his brother and Lady Yun, and whether or not if she's the one that saw their affair, and told the emperor, thus causing the death of his brother. He doesn't know what role the princess played in this whole thing. 

And then he hears from the princess of how she owes a debt of gratitude towards the emperor for raising her, which in his ears equate to, if she had to choose between him or the emperor, she would choose dad. He's already really torn since he believes that the emperor killed his brother, and now he's in love with the princess who is not going to be on his side. He's even more hurt when the princess, in her ignorance of the situation, says that her dad didn't kill his brother, his brother only died during war battle because of her dad. He's crushed because that's not how his brother died, and the truth behind his brother's death may hold a lot of shame.

So this all led to him using the princess as bait, his feelings are too mixed up and complicated right now. In the end, the princess may be the daughter of his brother's killer, and one that doesn't feel much remorse or sadness of the demise of his most important person. He's already this tormented when the princess is an innocent bystander, can't imagine what he'd feel when he finds out about the whole thing. 

Also, not excusing his actions, just summarizing what some other posters are saying on douban and weibo to provide a different pov. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

@MidnightRain aaah thank you for the speculations and theories... they all do make sense! I Just hope he get to listen I mean really listen to CY secret and understand the whole thing. Its a small bomb before another bomb appear

Spoiler

He finding the letter and his second marriage, and when he hurts CY, I bet thats when SML, the prince will come back again to pursue CY.

And the biggest heartbreak of them all, when CY used up all her chance and fall into sleeping mode. I bet she will use her last chance to save XY.

Oh no! I need more fluff to overcome the sadness that approaching.. hiks..

• Like 1

I love reading everyone's speculations on here!  

I watched episode 15 and 16, here are my thoughts on what is happening, it really isn't clear!

Spoiler

XY is very pre occupied with his brother's death.  He thinks that his brother had an affair with Lady Yun and was found out by the Emperor, who then killed them both.  CY at the time happened to be saying that she has to repay the debt of gratitude she owes to the Emperor for keeping her as his daughter, which means that XY's father-in-law killed his brother, making the whole marriage a terrible misfortune.  He knows the assassins who were after CY knew his brother, since they mistook XY for him, and think they know something about his brother, so they use that terrible ploy to try and attract the assassins again by making CY accessible (bad idea!).  The only redeeming grace is that he said to Mr Bai to make sure CY is as safe as possible even though she is the bait.  

XY is clearly developing strong feelings for CY, when he thought she had tried to drug them so they can have a baby together he was so giddy and flirty about having babies with her :gangnamstyle:

Just a very wild thought.  Who is the unconscious woman? Could that be Lady Yun? In which case is the hooded dude XY's brother who is desperate to bring her back to life? :crazily: I am just making wild guesses cos I'm not sure where that's all going.

Can't wait for more episodes!

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 5:52 AM, Jessica Vargas Rubio said:

In 

Reading all the spoilers, even if I want to justify him I can't what he will do with her is extremely cruel, any plan can fail, and the results can be fatal. Nobody in love would expose the love one to that danger. Tgis are rather sad eps for me. Hope that he make up for this later on.

• Like 1

Just finished watching Ep 17 and 18. I work in health care I have to go to sleep so I won't be able to do a detailed recap like @angelflower but will do a mini spoiler collection since so much happened!

Ep 17

Spoiler

- Black hooded dude calls the comatose lady "Xue Er" (Little Snow) - (than it IS Lady Yun ?! Her name is  "Fei Xue"   (Flying Snow)  OK if that is indeed Lady Yun, who is Black hooded dude??  I had postulated it might be XM because who else would want to bring Lady Yun back to life? But he seems to dislike XY and XM wouldn't be like that?  I am still puzzled)

- Black hooded dude asks his right hand man if XY had gone to his brother's grave site, and whether XY believes the Emperor killed his brother.  The right hand man says, yes, he does, as we expected. - So these things are all in the black hooded dude's plans.  (So maybe XM's death has nothing to do with  CY or the emperor?) Right Hand Man reports that XY is going to take CY out of the palace for her birthday and this is their best chance. Black hooded dude said to send their assassins ( he calls them "dead assassins")

- XY arrives at CY's place with a palanquin and they parade through the street to take her out.  This is really hard to watch because innocent CY is so impressed and happy and XY despite being dazzled by how she looks is extremely guilty (so he should be!) She asks why he is being so extravagant and he said it's because she was comatose when she married him (that sentence sounds SO wrong!) so this will make up for it and it gives his family "face". XY and Mr Bai ride on horses behind the palanquin and XY says he doesn't like lying to CY, Mr Bai tells him to not talk to her any more then but XY says he'll be fine and wait till they get to "Ling Chi House" - The Right hand man hears this from the crowd.

- Su Nan Nan and LJ has a bunch of scenes together and I wasn't paying close attention.  She is supposed to teach him some martial arts.  She admits she only learnt Martial Arts to impress XY but he married the princess instead.  LJ is all sorts of accommodating and trying to placate her.  They see the parade with XY and CY passing by and Su Nan Nan is upset.

- XY and CY arrive at Ling Chi House. She asks why they are not at his house.  He says this is a place he got from helping some people during the war (he won) and the house is now his and he is giving it to her.  She was like yay I'm going rent it out and make money (?!) and he is like no that's my gift to you.  Anyway they are really there because it's in the middle of nowhere and it's easy for the assassins to come here. (Facepalm, XY why why why? You're gonna regret this) anyway she thinks he's hiding something (because he is!) and Mr Bai jumps in to say that XY is hiding something, he has a surprise fireworks display for you tonight, oops did I just say that? 

- Then the preview bit where XY is kind of walking past where CY is multiple times and she asks him if he's buzzing around like a fly, and he says he's more like a bee or a butterfly. When they were leaving on the palanquin Mr Bai got the maids and servants to write good wishes for CY and XY and put them in a box, in exchange for a monetary reward.  CY and XY decide to read these but they are all not very appropriate and they are both feeling awkward and embarrassed. They said they'll meet later for the fire works.

- Black hooded dude and right hand man plan attack during fire works.

- CY practices what she will say to return the divorce paper to XY at the pagoda.  She is super cute here pretending to be XY answering herself back in his gruff voice.  Su Nan Nan turns up wearing the same dress as CY. Of course that's when assassins turn up and are confused that there are 2 princesses, so Su Nan Nan starts fighting and tells CY to run. XY turns up to try and rescue CY only to realise he's rescued Su Nan Nan and quickly ditches her to look for CY.  CY decides to ditch her pretty dress and puts on one of the assassin's black gear.  She pretends to be injured so the assassins would leave her behind but the head assassin is impressed with her loyalty and brings her along.  She eventually gets found out and becomes a captive

- XC shows up and argues with XY about how he can put CY in danger. XC says he is going to take CY away.  They set out to look for her.

- Eventually XY finds her hanging by a rope tied to her hands from a tree over a cliff, with the other end being held onto by the head assassin, who starts taunting about whether XY wants to know how XM died.

Ep 18 : 

Spoiler

- 2 more assassins turn up and starts fighting with XY, in the end he injures the head assassin, who cuts the rope and CY falls down the cliff and XY dives in after her.

- CY lands on top of XY. and they are both okay and hug, XY apologises to CY. CY asks why he's so stupid to say sorry to her when the assassins are clearly after her. XY knows that he had set her up and might have confessed except of course at this moment a snake comes up to them, XY tries to knock it away and gets bitten on the hand. CY sucks the poison out of his hand (OK the medical part of me is going no no no don't do that!) and XY faints.

- CY and XY ends up in a cave. XY is unconscious and having rigors and CY is taking care of him. She hugs him to warm him up and sings the lullaby that she was singing at the brothel (we know his aunt used to sing this to him)

- XY dreams that the Emperor is letting XC and CY get married.  XY is standing in the spot and can't move forwards to stop them but he keeps saying no, this can't happen.  He kinda wakes up but is all crazy looking and hugs CY and this is where he grabs her and kisses her in the previews.  XY says you can only call me "Ge Ge" (literally brother but like "OPA" in korean dramas it's used in the context of the guy you like) and not anyone else. He hallucinates XC standing there and so he kept saying "no you can't leave with him". He passes out again and CY hugs him and kisses him gently. ( The BGM is very nice here)

- XC is looking for CY.  He says to his guard that he is going to ignore how the world will see him and take CY away to travel the world.

- CY goes to the creek to get cleaned up. XC finds her because he can hear the bell on her ankle braclet.  He puts his coat on her shoulders and they go back to the cave.

- XY wakes up and is super jealous that CY has XC's coat over her shoulders.  He has words alone with XC.  XC says he won't take CY away since he lost and XY went so far to rescue her.  He will let CY go if she is happy with XY, but if XY ever forsakes CY, XC will not let him get away with it. 

- XY and CY are in the horse drawn cart heading back.  She is super lovey dovey with him and holds his hands. He tries to take the ankle bell bracelet off her as she is not a prisoner, but she takes away the key, draws a circle on his hand and says she is happy to make this place her prison if it's with him (literally "draw on this land and make it her prison"). He says he is still investigating something, he can't make her any promises before then, and thinks to himself that he hopes his brother's death has nothing to do with the Emperor or with her.  CY says she will give him another month and he agrees.  Then she gets all in his face and makes him kiss her on the cheek and the cart jostles and she falls into him and he hugs her and she kind of stays there because she's so happy to be hugged and he kind of smiles to himself.

- Once they're back home CY tries to cook a nice meal for XY, but XY is too busy talking about what happened with Mr Bai.

- XC wants to buy Ling Chi House but the "real estate guy" says it belongs to XY.  XC is suspicious since he can't understand why XY would bring CY to an isolated place like that, not have guards on hand but then as soon as there was an assassin all of XY's men were there. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 5

45 minutes ago, WinCee said:

Just finished watching Ep 17 and 18. I work in health care I have to go to sleep so I won't be able to do a detailed recap but will do a mini spoiler collection since so much happened!

Ep 17

Reveal hidden contents

- Black hooded dude calls the comatose lady "Xue Er" (Little Snow) - (than it IS Lady Yun ?! Her name is  "Fei Xue"   (Flying Snow)  OK if that is indeed Lady Yun, who is Black hooded dude??  I had postulated it might be XM because who else would want to bring Lady Yun back to life? But he seems to dislike XY and XM wouldn't be like that?  I am still puzzled)

- Black hooded dude asks his right hand man if XY had gone to his brother's grave site, and whether XY believes the Emperor killed his brother.  The right hand man says, yes, he does, as we expected. - So these things are all in the black hooded dude's plans.  (So maybe XM's death has nothing to do with  CY or the emperor?) Right Hand Man reports that XY is going to take CY out of the palace for her birthday and this is their best chance. Black hooded dude said to send their assassins ( he calls them "dead assassins")

- XY arrives at CY's place with a palanquin and they parade through the street to take her out.  This is really hard to watch because innocent CY is so impressed and happy and XY despite being dazzled by how she looks is extremely guilty (so he should be!) She asks why he is being so extravagant and he said it's because she was comatose when she married him (that sentence sounds SO wrong!) so this will make up for it and it gives his family "face". XY and Mr Bai ride on horses behind the palanquin and XY says he doesn't like lying to CY, Mr Bai tells him to not talk to her any more then but XY says he'll be fine and wait till they get to "Ling Chi House" - The Right hand man hears this from the crowd.

- Su Nan Nan and LJ has a bunch of scenes together and I wasn't paying close attention.  She is supposed to teach him some martial arts.  She admits she only learnt Martial Arts to impress XY but he married the princess instead.  LJ is all sorts of accommodating and trying to placate her.  They see the parade with XY and CY passing by and Su Nan Nan is upset.

- XY and CY arrive at Ling Chi House. She asks why they are not at his house.  He says this is a place he got from helping some people during the war (he won) and the house is now his and he is giving it to her.  She was like yay I'm going rent it out and make money (?!) and he is like no that's my gift to you.  Anyway they are really there because it's in the middle of nowhere and it's easy for the assassins to come here. (Facepalm, XY why why why? You're gonna regret this) anyway she thinks he's hiding something (because he is!) and Mr Bai jumps in to say that XY is hiding something, he has a surprise fireworks display for you tonight, oops did I just say that? 

- Then the preview bit where XY is kind of walking past where CY is multiple times and she asks him if he's buzzing around like a fly, and he says he's more like a bee or a butterfly. When they were leaving on the palanquin Mr Bai got the maids and servants to write good wishes for CY and XY and put them in a box, in exchange for a monetary reward.  CY and XY decide to read these but they are all not very appropriate and they are both feeling awkward and embarrassed. They said they'll meet later for the fire works.

- Black hooded dude and right hand man plan attack during fire works.

- CY practices what she will say to return the divorce paper to XY at the pagoda.  She is super cute here pretending to be XY answering herself back in his gruff voice.  Su Nan Nan turns up wearing the same dress as CY. Of course that's when assassins turn up and are confused that there are 2 princesses, so Su Nan Nan starts fighting and tells CY to run. XY turns up to try and rescue CY only to realise he's rescued Su Nan Nan and quickly ditches her to look for CY.  CY decides to ditch her pretty dress and puts on one of the assassin's black gear.  She pretends to be injured so the assassins would leave her behind but the head assassin is impressed with her loyalty and brings her along.  She eventually gets found out and becomes a captive

- XC shows up and argues with XY about how he can put CY in danger. XC says he is going to take CY away.  They set out to look for her.

- Eventually XY finds her hanging by a rope tied to her hands from a tree over a cliff, with the other end being held onto by the head assassin, who starts taunting about whether XY wants to know how XM died.

Ep 18 : 

Reveal hidden contents

- 2 more assassins turn up and starts fighting with XY, in the end he injures the head assassin, who cuts the rope and CY falls down the cliff and XY dives in after her.

- CY lands on top of XY. and they are both okay and hug, XY apologises to CY. CY asks why he's so stupid to say sorry to her when the assassins are clearly after her. XY knows that he had set her up and might have confessed except of course at this moment a snake comes up to them, XY tries to knock it away and gets bitten on the hand. CY sucks the poison out of his hand (OK the medical part of me is going no no no don't do that!) and XY faints.

- CY and XY ends up in a cave. XY is unconscious and having rigors and CY is taking care of him. She hugs him to warm him up and sings the lullaby that she was singing at the brothel (we know his aunt used to sing this to him)

- XY dreams that the Emperor is letting XC and CY get married.  XY is standing in the spot and can't move forwards to stop them but he keeps saying no, this can't happen.  He kinda wakes up but is all crazy looking and hugs CY and this is where he grabs her and kisses her in the previews.  XY says you can only call me "Ge Ge" (literally brother but like "OPA" in korean dramas it's used in the context of the guy you like) and not anyone else. He hallucinates XC standing there and so he kept saying "no you can't leave with him". He passes out again and CY hugs him and kisses him gently. ( The BGM is very nice here)

- XC is looking for CY.  He says to his guard that he is going to ignore how the world will see him and take CY away to travel the world.

- CY goes to the creek to get cleaned up. XC finds her because he can hear the bell on her ankle braclet.  He puts his coat on her shoulders and they go back to the cave.

- XY wakes up and is super jealous that CY has XC's coat over her shoulders.  He has words alone with XC.  XC says he won't take CY away since he lost and XY went so far to rescue her.  He will let CY go if she is happy with XY, but if XY ever forsakes CY, XC will not let him get away with it. 

- XY and CY are in the horse drawn cart heading back.  She is super lovey dovey with him and holds his hands. He tries to take the ankle bell bracelet off her as she is not a prisoner, but she takes away the key, draws a circle on his hand and says she is happy to make this place her prison if it's with him (literally "draw on this land and make it her prison"). He says he is still investigating something, he can't make her any promises before then, and thinks to himself that he hopes his brother's death has nothing to do with the Emperor or with her.  CY says she will give him another month and he agrees.  Then she gets all in his face and makes him kiss her on the cheek and the cart jostles and she falls into him and he hugs her and she kind of stays there because she's so happy to be hugged and he kind of smiles to himself.

- Once they're back home CY tries to cook a nice meal for XY, but XY is too busy talking about what happened with Mr Bai.

- XC wants to buy Ling Chi House but the "real estate guy" says it belongs to XY.  XC is suspicious since he can't understand why XY would bring CY to an isolated place like that, not have guards on hand but then as soon as there was an assassin all of XY's men were there. 

Thank you!

Right now it seem Chu Yue kinda give all her heart to Xue Yao already.

She also told him her secret while Xue Yao keep everything from her and still fell suspicious towards her.

I hope Xue Yao will make up to her later.

It gonna be annoying if he only started to fell regret and want to make up for everything just when he has to marry that foreign princess haish!

• Like 1

@suzy0604 You said exactly what I thought about not following XY's train of thought - the fact that the blame can't be laid on CY. But what @MidnightRain said was also helpful - I can also see that his recent discoveries would change his view of his brother. So in a sense, his conflict is not really with CY but within himself and all the other external factors around their relationship - which at the moment, he doesn't seem to be able to ignore/ overcome and commit himself. 

I'll translate the previews before watching the new episodes (though I'll probably need to replace the videos when the official ones come out tomorrow).

Episode 19 Preview:

CY: These little "brains" are blooming well. (she's speaking like XY did - he refers to the branches as limbs etc.)

TY: I feel like you've changed.

CY: Changed?

TY: Yup. Ever since you came to Xue Manor, you sleep well. Your eye bags are gone and your eyes sparkle. 

CY: Is it that obvious?

TY: It's like you're possessed. (LOL)

Servant: General, I can watch for you. When the Princess returns, I'll definitely inform you.

XY: Who told you that I was waiting for the Princess? I'm waiting... I'm waiting for the doctor I called for Aunt.

Servant: Isn't the doctor coming tomorrow?

(CY shows up and XY starts heading in.)

Servant: Oh General.. aren't you waiting for Prin... the doctor?

XY: Be careful of your tongue.

CY: Regardless, I can't sleep with him tonight.

TY: Princess, you've gotten used to sleeping at night. Perhaps you should go sleep with the General.

CY: I'm not going. If I go, I lose. Nope, not going.

XY: Wait. 

Episode 20 Preview:

(I'm guessing XY must have assumed CY was going to kill herself with the noose.)

XY: If you want me to be in pain my whole life, feel guilty my whole life, miss you my whole life, then fine! Grab this. Aim here! Come on!

CY: Ah!

XY: Xu Chu Yue, you knew that I'm a b*stard. I used you. Why did you still come back?

CY: So you used me. I'm not such a weak person.

XY: You- ! I don't wish to pull you into this. 

XY: You can sleep on the bed tonight. I'll sleep on the floor. 

---------------

@WinCee Thanks for jumping in! I'm in a different timezone so I'm working when it comes out... I also watch it in the evening but it's hours later. I can just add on later then :D 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

@angelflower thank you for the preview translation.

I'm a bit confused when he mentioned "you knew I'm a b*s*a*d. I used you".

So it mean he already told her that he used her as a bait?

Although I understand how precious his brother to him, I feel sad for her when watching the future scene of him pushing and throwing a paper at her.

Then she has to endure that he will marry other woman too. 

My poor girl:sad1: 

At least I already knew that he will be by her side at the end and they gonna get happy ending.

My heart can't take if there will be sad ending for them.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2