[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

34 minutes ago, Mila said:

International fans needed a translation with ten thousand footnotes. We ended up missing a lot of things because we don't understand Korean 

So many things lost in translation in English. I found out that the most accurate translation to be in Chinese. Chinese, Korean and Japanese are languages that full of proverbs that can't be translated properly into English. Especially dramas with ancient setting. I have no problems watching modern Cdrama without subs but ancient ones will cause an internal bleeding.....

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I recently discovered a youtuber who dissects C-dramas in English and because she is well versed in both Chinese and English, so she could nicely bridge the gap and elaborate on the Chinese cultural or linguistic context or background. If anyone here knows of a Korean equivalent (youtuber or not) who can illuminate the nuances in Mr Queen that would be very much appreciated!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

I was tempted to ask but felt shy since everyone else were sending love or asking other non-skin regimen related questions :joy::joy:

Anyone ask about what is so special about CJ that sets him apart from other men that enable SB to recognized him with only one touch??? :approves:

39 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I love that OST, such a pretty song.

My fav from Mr Queen's

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, cenching said:

Anyone ask about what is so special about CJ that sets him apart from other men that enable SB to recognized him with only one touch??? :approves:

haha, why weren't you on the live ig asking these very important questions :joy::joy: he would have hid himself totally in that hoodie :joy::joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 3

Watch: Shin Hye Sun, Kim Jung Hyun, And More Enjoy Each Other’s Company On Set Of “Mr. Queen”

Watch: Shin Hye Sun, Kim Jung Hyun, And More Enjoy Each Other’s Company On Set Of “Mr. Queen”

Feb 11, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” released another making-of video!

The historical fusion drama is about a man from modern times whose soul is trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty. Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the Joseon queen with the soul of Blue House chef Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside her. Kim Jung Hyun plays her husband King Cheoljong, who is a weak and ineffective king on the outside but is stronger and sharper than he appears.

First off, Kim Jung Hyun and Na In Woo film the scene where they engage in a war of nerves. During rehearsal, Kim Jung Hyun seriously immerses into his role and approaches Na In Woo as he declares he’ll put an end to their little tussle. Na In Woo jokingly makes a gesture that it will involve drinking, and Kim Jung Hyun comments, “You’re too tall.”

Shin Hye Sun joins them to film the next scene, and she playfully pats their arms as she says, “Both of you, calm down.” Na In Woo laughs, but Kim Jung Hyun asks in pure confusion, “Was that part of the script?” He realizes it wasn’t, but both actors are sweet enough to include that in the rehearsal.

While waiting for the camera to turn on, Kim Jung Hyun approaches Na In Woo and whispers, “Let’s do our best.” Na In Woo nods and hugs him, and instead of hugging him back, Kim Jung Hyun immediately turns towards Shin Hye Sun and says, “My queen.” That causes Na In Woo to laugh, and the caption notes that the king only has eyes for his queen.

mr-queen-1.jpg

Next, Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun film the scene where they ride a horse together. With Kim Jung Hyun’s guidance, they’re smoothly able to shoot the sweet moment, but they laugh behind the camera as Cha Chung Hwa wails her lines in the background.

shin-hye-sun-kim-jung-hyun.jpg

Seol In Ah also appears in the making-of clip, and she waves at the viewers with a sweet smile. She pairs up with Shin Hye Sun to film the scene where it is revealed that the king hasn’t died. The two actresses discuss different ways to make the scene better, and they rehearse their lines together. They showcase their close friendship with jokes and laughter. Shin Hye Sun adds she’ll portray how her character won’t grab Seol In Ah’s hand although she wants to, and Seol In Ah adds that line is making her heart flutter. Shin Hye Sun says it again and departs, and Seol In Ah sadly reaches out in an attempt to stop her.

Spoiler

seol-in-ah-shin-hye-sun.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1453753wpp/watch-shin-hye-sun-kim-jung-hyun-and-more-enjoy-each-others-company-on-set-of-mr-queen

This article provides some insight of the conversation in the bts.....

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Jung Hyun said we could ask him any questions related to Mr Queen next time when the drama is over. So prepare your questions, guys! 

I did ask him about his skincare routine!   :joy:

But I guess he didn’t understand the question. His complexion is really no joke, like not a single blemish, not oily or dry skin??! I watched his IG LIVE and the connection was pretty great and the picture was clear and HD and his face is really flawless. I wasn’t the only one who asked him about his clear perfect skin though. Other fans asked him too :lol:

He kept denying that he’s cute! He said it several time during the broadcast “But I’m not cute.”

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Blob 2

Been busy at work this week.

But once I knew KJH live on IG, I joined right away.

Working while listening to his voice, put my phone near my laptop screen as if I was video calling with my boy friend!! :joy:

Gosh, in two more days, we'll see the last 2 episodes of Mr. Queen :brokenheart:

I surely will binge-watch from 1st episode after that...

Good that there will be Mr. Queen: The Bamboo Forest even though it's only for few minutes for like 6 episodes... :brokenheart:

K-drama will not be the same anymore since Mr. Queen...

Anyway, from BTS of The Bamboo Forest at least we know that, the story is about the things that not explain in the main story, just like KJH said

aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20210211T102919Z

Source: IG Junghyunique

And!

It seems there's a couple new lover who are dating!:please:

aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20210211T103037Z

Source: IG Junghyunique

Well..

2 more days, everyone.... 2 more days.....

20316c6430bcbbe9362ac024ee5029d3

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2