[OFFICIAL] Kim Dong-Wook ❤️Mun Ka-Young ( memory couple )

Ameera Ali

1 hour ago, lolly84 said:

In that video i see only a couple in love.:smirk: It's not  about JH and HJ but DW and GY!! Even Seo Hyun Jin and Eric Moon didn't kiss so naturally in Another Miss Oh drama. Yep, Hyun Jin and Eric had a chemistry off the chart but not 100% as DW and GY!! In that BTS video i clearly saw passion, natural gestures, complicity and stares from a girl completely smitten by her co-star!!:phew:

Agree! SHJ is a chemistry queen to me. Her kissing scenes with Eric and even LMK was on another level, or so I thought until KDW-MGY happened! Not sure when else can we see such chemistry as showing by these 2 love birds here but for now I can say KDW-MGY really has raised up the bar :joy:

Spoiler

I'm on the mission of watching all of MGY's kissing scene, just to make comparison though I know nothing is comparable to FMIYM.

Spoiler

My shipper's heart is telling me MGY maintaining this account so that she can post all the love-stagram between her and KDW here. :joy: She can easily masks it as HJ-JH but it's actually secret code to GY-DW. 

• Love 3

I read in one comment on Instagram, apparently the "cushion" was a repeat/tribute to the double date scene where JH spoon fed HJ and he tried to covered it in front of Ha Kyung and Il Kwon. I somehow does not find this theory made sense since there supposedly only the two of them at JH house. The fact that he continues kissing her (even more intensely behind that cushion) cannot be justified by this reasoning lol.

I was watching some of KDW old interviews last night, I notice how he is much more playful and relaxed while doing an interview/IG Live session with MGY. This says alot for an introvert person such as himself.

I also found this really old article online about KDW & dating life:

Spoiler

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/which-snsd-member-does-kim-dong-wook-keep-091513190.html

apparently he gets girls numbers easily because girls just give it to him first. I guess it kinda makes so much sense now why MGY is smitten over him.

Spoiler

http://miner8.com/en/42075

this article does not comes from a very reliable source - its probably just a compilation taken from various sources. The section on his "ideal dates" can be some reference to his behaviour towards MGY.

• Like 6

I'm not really that familiar with KDW. I think I only saw him in Coffee Prince, which was like galaxies far far away ago ... but seeing that bit from the radio interview (which I hope someone subs fully eventually ..) he does carry that quiet confidence that any girl would find attractive. When he responded with "always ..." to the sexy question .. I was with KSY, like .. "yo ... look at you .." I totally found that cute ... 

MGY strikes me as the type who is out going and down to earth, carefree and open (maybe perhaps growing up in Germany contributed that ...) Not just KDW, but I think any oppa wouldn't be able to resist her personality. KDW even said that she's a vitamin on set and how she's mature, but bright and how HJ is basically MGY. 

It's an interesting dynamic ... almost 6.5 months working together, there was plenty of time to develop chemistry, but somehow, it seems so natural between them.  And thank god they had amazing chemistry, cause if not, I would have dropped this after the stalker storyline ... 

Btw .. did anyone get the Blu-ray? I'm wondering if we will ever get a BTS of the rooftop kiss. MBC was so generous about the BTS's yet that one was missing ... hm. what's up with that yo? 

Also these Dispatch edits ... :wub:

Spoiler

EXQsZVVUYAI-dF_?format=jpg&name=medium

Credit: Owner

Spoiler

EXbWlhgUYAEognG?format=jpg&name=small

Credit: Owner

Spoiler

EXuXZnmUcAIcgam?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 8

13 hours ago, mooster said:

It's an interesting dynamic ... almost 6.5 months working together, there was plenty of time to develop chemistry, but somehow, it seems so natural between them.  And thank god they had amazing chemistry, cause if not, I would have dropped this after the stalker storyline ... 

Sorry to cut your post. Same, i almost dropped this drama too after the main stalker appear but stuck through till the end because of their amazing chemistry. I guess it all paid off because i really like the ending.

They really have interesting dynamics if you factor in their 13 year age differences. It helps that MGY looks and act mature for her age while KDW just looks younger with his anchornim style. I personally have no issue on their age difference. Happen to check out the drama out of boredom and was surprise with their natural chemistry from very little interaction they have in the 1st and 2nd episode. I was intrigued and quickly search anything related to the drama including the script reading, radio interview, press conference and any promotional videos and i was attracted to how natural and easy going MGY while KDW was a bit reserved?. From what i can see, even though they dont seem close yet then, they really have good rapport. As the drama goes on, you can see that they have gotten alot closer and their chemistry keep getting stronger and palpable. They just look so natural and comfortable with each other. You can feel their on and off screen chemistry as we can see from all promotional videos, the BTS and the IG lives. And finally the camping kiss scene seems to be the climax as their chemistry just exploding out of the window that it raises suspicion for even non shipper and those that do not watch the drama.

And yes, i'm curious about the blu ray DVD too if its been confirmed to be produced and anyone of you ordered it?My broke richard simmons cant relate :P.Hopefully, we can the bts for the rooftop kiss too. Look at KDW's smile and MGY's heart eyes while he talk about JH-HJ first day as a couple aka the rooftop kiss:wub:.

20200517-140239.jpg

@kaykafisyah 

Spoiler

Funny story. For some reason, my youtube algorithm decided that i want to watch MGY's kiss scene in welcome to waikiki and appeared on my youtube recommendation yesterday :lol:. It was normal press on you lips kiss with minimal movement. It suited their characters and situation as it happened as a confession after so many miss timing and misunderstanding. They were cute though.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

23 hours ago, Thirtysvn37 said:

I somehow does not find this theory made sense since there supposedly only the two of them at JH house. The fact that he continues kissing her (even more intensely behind that cushion) cannot be justified by this reasoning lol.

the tv screen playing the movie is too bright so he is using the cushion to shield their faces from the brightness :phew: 

HAHAHAHA pun intended! :lol:

the best thing is, apparently the bts for the kiss seemed so much more interesting than the whole ep16.. i forgot what other content was in there.. or maybe, cos the #findmeinyourmemory has over 33k images and vid clips and the whole bulk on the most recent are all about the kiss that i seemed to have watched them more than the actual ep16 content :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I was checking KDW's phone though but all I see are icon displays and a normal wallpaper hihi. I find it sweet that MGY was protecting KDW's privacy by turning off his screen while they were on IG Live. 

It would be harder to know what KDW is up to these days since he's not active on SNS. I am actually looking forward to December where I can see both of them again or maybe Keyeast would be kind enough to maybe bring them back together for a project or even a promotional ad for their agency hihi. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, aallyyaa said:

They really have interesting dynamics if you factor in their 13 year age differences. It helps that MGY looks and act mature for her age while KDW just looks younger with his anchornim style. I personally have no issue on their age difference. Happen to check out the drama out of boredom and was surprise with their natural chemistry from very little interaction they have in the 1st and 2nd episode. I was intrigued and quickly search anything related to the drama including the script reading, radio interview, press conference and any promotional videos and i was attracted to how natural and easy going MGY while KDW was a bit reserved?. From what i can see, even though they dont seem close yet then, they really have good rapport. As the drama goes on, you can see that they have gotten alot closer and their chemistry keep getting stronger and palpable. They just look so natural and comfortable with each other. You can feel their on and off screen chemistry as we can see from all promotional videos, the BTS and the IG lives. And finally the camping kiss scene seems to be the climax as their chemistry just exploding out of the window that it raises suspicion for even non shipper and those that do not watch the drama.

And yes, i'm curious about the blu ray DVD too if its been confirmed to be produced and anyone of you ordered it?My broke richard simmons cant relate :P.Hopefully, we can the bts for the rooftop kiss too. Look at KDW's smile and MGY's heart eyes while he talk about JH-HJ first day as a couple aka the rooftop kiss:wub:.

MGY's energy definitely rubbed off on KDW ... it was so apparent in the IG lives. When you compare the first one to the last ... he was getting the hang of it and more comfortable doing them. He even gave a flying kiss at the request of MGY ... how adorable was that. (Btw, kudos to MGY for setting up that account ... pretty ingenious. I know that IU started the trend at first, but YHJ's account is basically a dang lovestagram for YHJ and Anchornim. And to do IG lives? Bloody brilliant ...) 

The chemistry on screen was becoming a blur toward the last half of the drama too! There were certain scenes where I felt it was more KDW/MGY than Anchornim/HJ. Like scene when they were in the hospital when HJ was trying to get Anchornim to sleep or the one scene in the finale where they were in the car as HJ was taking photos of Anchornim ... their reactions were so cute ... the BTS of the camping kiss, like you said, was just the climax of their chemistry. How much of it is their characters? How much of it was the actors themselves? I've seen a good number of dramas where the leads had amazing chemistry and their BTS of kissing scenes. I've never seen any couple that basically had a make out session for cameras and crew like the memory couple did in that scene. They were kissing for real and not trying to just get the shot; the fact that they didn't even break apart when the PD yelled cut ... being professional? flirting? Aiya ... I don't know what to think anymore ... I'll just attest it to them being VERY comfortable with each other. :D

And according to this, looks like MGY will take a bit of break before picking up her next project ... Get that rest girl! Can't wait to see what she has lined up next.

Credit: @PUTitrighthere_

• Like 6
  • Love 2

@mooster I watched quite handful of kisses BTS from various dramas and I agree most does not beat the memory couple. I even watched some BTS from DoTS and WWWSK but these don't even exceeded the level of comfort displayed by MGY and KDW. 

I think the PD did such a great job casting these two together and creating+ displaying their chemistry. 

I don't usually get easily "fooled" by on-screen chemistry, because I know all actors are professionals in creating on-screen chemistry. My recent favourite is Ju Ji-Hoon and Kim Hye Soo in Hyena (totally different genre but still), they had a hot make out scene which looked so good on screen but I know for sure that was just purely professional.

I gotta say that Memory Couple is probably the only recent tv couple that got me so confused over on-screen chemistry and real life because yes I agree with everyone here, the lines between their true selves and character is so blurred.

• Like 12

18 hours ago, aallyyaa said:

@kaykafisyah 

Reveal hidden contents

Funny story. For some reason, my youtube algorithm decided that i want to watch MGY's kiss scene in welcome to waikiki and appeared on my youtube recommendation yesterday :lol:. It was normal press on you lips kiss with minimal movement. It suited their characters and situation as it happened as a confession after so many miss timing and misunderstanding. They were cute though.

Spoiler

Actually I think Waikiki is not a problem at all :joy: I'm more worried of my finding with "Tempted" so I keep on procrastinate checking MGY kissing scene in that drama especially with her dating rumors with WDH.

I saw a comment on YT that MGY and KDW both have scuba diving license! OMG imagine both of them on a secret gateway to far away place and scuba dive date together :wub::joy: My shipper's heart can always dream :phew:

TMI on MGY; She really is a smart lady even as a lady and someone older than her I'm stunned with her. When she said she likes to read I thought it just some normal thing most of us do but from one of her shows I found online, she really is passionate about reading. She even has one journal to summarize everything that she has read. Even other panelists were amazed. Who wouldn't fall for her? She's smart (you can also see from the way she spoke and answering questions and how she carried herself on the show), out going, mood maker, pretty :wub: 

Something from the past: the dorky DW :joy:

Where is this dork went missing to though? Probably behind camera he is still the same dorky guy but we hardly see him like this anymore, what makes him changed?

• Like 7

7 hours ago, mooster said:

MGY's energy definitely rubbed off on KDW ... it was so apparent in the IG lives. When you compare the first one to the last ... he was getting the hang of it and more comfortable doing them. He even gave a flying kiss at the request of MGY ... how adorable was that. (Btw, kudos to MGY for setting up that account ... pretty ingenious. I know that IU started the trend at first, but YHJ's account is basically a dang lovestagram for YHJ and Anchornim. And to do IG lives? Bloody brilliant ...) 

The chemistry on screen was becoming a blur toward the last half of the drama too! There were certain scenes where I felt it was more KDW/MGY than Anchornim/HJ. Like scene when they were in the hospital when HJ was trying to get Anchornim to sleep or the one scene in the finale where they were in the car as HJ was taking photos of Anchornim ... their reactions were so cute ... the BTS of the camping kiss, like you said, was just the climax of their chemistry. How much of it is their characters? How much of it was the actors themselves? I've seen a good number of dramas where the leads had amazing chemistry and their BTS of kissing scenes. I've never seen any couple that basically had a make out session for cameras and crew like the memory couple did in that scene. They were kissing for real and not trying to just get the shot; the fact that they didn't even break apart when the PD yelled cut ... being professional? flirting? Aiya ... I don't know what to think anymore ... I'll just attest it to them being VERY comfortable with each other. :D

Sorry for cutting your post. I agree with you with the highlighted one,  I saw MGY and KDW there not HJ and JH . I feel like it was out of character of Anchornim to joke around like that and MGY's reactions are like the times during their BTS that KDW was fooling around especially the part they where they were rehearsing the sharing of bread scene on Episode 15. 

I was reading some interviews on KDW and it seems like he gets his funny jokes from watching comedy shows. He says he always watch a lot of comedy shows during his break. He's probably glued on his TV on his home watching haha... 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

Its' Wednesday ... and I feel empty ... 

On the bright side, interviews are out! Pretty in white! :wub:

EYa7v0EWsAANyYU?format=jpg&name=small

Credit: owner

Credit: @putitrighthere_

She's been saying this all along how KDW is shy around cameras ... he's much more playful when he isn't aware a camera is around. She also commented on the age gap saying that it never bothered her at all and that she was a "new generation among her peers ... we learned together." 

Credit: frxvda

I'd say he's detailed alright ... is that why the camping kiss scene ended up like that? Hehehe ... But kidding aside. It sounds like both of them really had their input in the script/scenes. I'm so thankful to the PDs for letting them too ... the creative experience both in front and behind the camera really brings out the best of the script and at the end of the day, that's what it's all about. 

Credit: @putitrighthere_

Such a humble lady ... and in this house, we stan. Love how she carries herself and it really shows through her words ... and I do politely disagree with her assessment. I'm sure come end of the year, there will be love shown for this drama. It's actually a pity that it aired so early on. Say if this was a fall drama, it'd definitely gain more buzz going into the end of the year awards. 

Hope she's able to take a good break and rest up .. can't wait to see where we will find MGY next! 

• Like 5
  • Love 4

@mooster Thank you for sharing above. Love everything I read :blush:

I'm currently asking everyone around me to watch the drama. Though it's already ended, but I really want people to realize the existence of this drama :joy: It was showing on our local satellite channel but somehow still not popular enough here :sweatingbullets: So I make it a mission to ensure many more people watching :) 

Sharing the eng subbed PC for the drama, MGY-KDW cut only; seriously why KDW was so awkward here :joy: MGY is so lucky to get to see the other side of KDW when the camera is off.

Credit: The the account owner

• Like 5

Anneyeong!  Just passed by to share some photos of our lovely Moon Ga young during the post drama interview

It seems like KDW loves chicken so much he often talk about it, he also talked about chicked during their picnic scene  hahaa. Take all this with a grain of salt as I am relying with google translate 

In this interview, MGY talked about KDW and how close they are so during the kissing scene there was no embarrassment or awkwardness at all lol. 

J627OCF.jpg

Spoiler

ztFEzqp.jpg

HPA0HDb.jpg

https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20200519141700005?input=1195m

pP4LOBv.jpg

Spoiler

i05bE5l.jpg

W9L0bkg.jpg

https://www.tvreport.co.kr/2041615

This title though :sweatingbullets: . If google translate didn't fail me,it says they kissed a lot before they filmed the camping kiss scene? 

문가영 “김동욱과 회의한 키스신, 촬영 전 뽀뽀 많이 했죠” (인터뷰) 

025Fpqd.jpg

http://star.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/202005191125355380?did=NA&dtype=&dtypecode=&prnewsid=

• Like 4
  • Love 1