[Drama 2021] Mount Jiri/Cliffhanger, 지리산

larus

Jirisan: Episode 8

by avakai

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/jirisan8-00042.jpg

Danger takes many forms on Jirisan and our protagonists find themselves battling not only the sinister human forces out to get them but also nature itself. We get a look at our newbie ranger’s deepening affection for his partner and a glimpse into the immense grit that’s required of our rangers on the job.

EPISODE 8 RECAP

As the fire rages around her, Yi-kang is stunned by what she finds — a skeleton on the forest floor. She gasps, “Se-wook” but there’s no time to linger on her discovery. The fire is spreading quickly and it’s all hands on deck to try to minimize damage and danger.

The fire department, rangers, and police split up with the rangers mobilizing to stop the spread on the mountain. The sight of the fire is a sight to behold — an angry, fiery orange line snaking through the mountain’s ridges. 

The rangers frantically begin digging fire lines in an attempt to curb the fire’s spread.

Desperate to escape the warehouse, Hyun-jo tries to see if he and the poachers’ kids can escape through a window near the ceiling but ends up hurting his leg further.

As the fire increases in intensity, he has the children wrap one of the fire warning banners around themselves because it’s fire resistant. The oldest boy points out a small opening they could use to get out of the warehouse.

Gu-young and Il-hae lead a group of stragglers away from Jirisan. The children’s mother is among the group and they move on without much fuss.

In the warehouse, Hyun-jo helps the kids crawl out a gap in the building’s exterior wall. He tells them to run to the town and get help but a burning tree falls in their path. Looking through the gap, Hyun-jo realizes with a shock that this was the vision of flames and destruction that he’d seen.

One of the villagers sees the warehouse on fire and calls for help. By the time the fire department arrives, the whole area around the warehouse is choked with smoke and the firefighters can barely see anything.

Once the fire is under control, the firefighters make their way in to try and locate the kids. One of them spots a patch of red fabric caught on the exterior wall’s hole. The owner of that patch is Hyun-jo, who made it out successfully before the explosion. He tells a firefighter that the children made it out of the warehouse and he saw them head up the mountain.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/jirisan-episode-8/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, liddi said:

Ep9-10 BTS is released. Feeling sad to see them film LDW's death

I always love the BTS of the drama that i watch. Kinda sad because they didn’t show much the BTS between Yi Gang and Hyunjo

or maybe because I love their chemistry, those little BTS is not enough for me^_^

Are we going to see the old rangers, the old team Yi Gang-JGY-PIH trying to save the newbie Hyunjo?

Because on the next episode PIL is with Yi Gang and JGY. Maybe after he heard on what happened to Chief Dae Jin, he is going to help them? I hope so!

I really don’t want the writer to ruin their friendship.

Edited by Hajungjihyun

@Hajungjihyun Ep11 preview shows two rangers in the mountains, one of whom is carrying SYG on his back. Since we saw PIH and JGY with her before that, it could very well be them bringing her back into the mountains as PIH was seen saying, presumably to her, "It's too risky for you". I am not as sure that it had anything to do with saving KHJ. It is possible that they are there to find out the truth behind LDW's death - either to verify or dispute what Capt. Jo might have said. Can't wait to find out this Saturday.

• Like 2

Chingus, it is time to get warm and cozy this winter.  We are already anticipating the next season of many of our favourite K-dramas, do take a moment to vote for your favourite K-drama with multiple seasons. Don't forget to let us know which drama you wish to see the second season of. :dorakiss:

re:  Your friendly and most favourite EO team : @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

• Like 1

Watch: Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon Pretend To Run From A Bear + Go Min Si Practices Holding Her Breath In “Jirisan”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 24, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN has released the comedic behind-the-scenes video of the thrilling scenes in episodes 9 and 10 of “Jirisan”!

Written by Kim Eun Hee, “Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon as rangers at Mount Jiri National Park who uncover the truth behind mysterious accidents on the mountain.

Spoilers

The video begins with Oh Jung Se and Jun Ji Hyun filming the scene in which her character, Seo Yi Kang, asks his character, Jung Goo Young, for help in finding the missing newbie ranger Lee Da Won. The director suggests that Oh Jung Se cough a little to show that he’s not Da Won before appearing in the shot. Later, Jun Ji Hyun waits for Oh Jung Se to say a line, only for him to tell her, “I don’t have any lines here.”

In the next scene, Go Min Si plays the moment in which her character, Lee Da Won, is found dead. Although she has to lie in an uncomfortable position on the rocks, she shows her professionalism when she tells the director she doesn’t need something underneath to protect her. As soon as the director says, “Cut,” though, she gasps for breath, as she was holding it during the scene to make her character lie as still as possible. At the end, she tells the cast and crew with a smile, “It’s good to be alive.”

The behind-the-scenes interview also features a farewell interview with Go Min Si. She says, “We filmed for about half a year and now we’re filming on the real Mount Jiri in the hot summer. As Da Won is such a lively and bright character, I also gained strength from her while filming. I look forward to seeing the beautiful landscapes of Mount Jiri, as well as the various stories in the drama.”

Another scene takes place deep in the woods in a place where the rangers and hikers rarely venture. When it comes time for Seo Yi Kang and Kang Hyun Jo (Joo Ji Hoon’s character) to run from a bear, the director gives Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon detailed instructions, as there is no actual bear involved in the scene. Joo Ji Hoon says his line, “What’s that?” and Jun Ji Hyun cracks a joke by sniffing and saying, “The smell?” and looking at the director.

The next few scenes show Jo Han Chul, Oh Jung Se, Jun Ji Hyun, and Joo Ji Hoon exhausted by the many takes of them running up and down the mountain and rescuing stranded hikers. In one scene, the director tells Jun Ji Hyun that she was running with her upper body too stiff, so she suggests bending down like a speed skater. He suggests, “Isn’t there a happy medium?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1500220wpp/watch-jun-ji-hyun-and-joo-ji-hoon-pretend-to-run-from-a-bear-go-min-si-practices-holding-her-breath-in-jirisan

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

About Yang Sun became the target, Anybody remember why does She live with her GrandPa? I have a theory her Mother probably involved with the cable development. Looking from her appearance, She looks like She is not average ajjumma who working as a house wife. She seems to not live at the village, maybe that's why Yang Sun became the target instead.

I suddenly come to think about the reason that one  herb collector can hear Hyun Joo's voice. On the accident day (or maybe after accident), When Hyun Joo was not realized He became a spirit, He tried to speak to GY and il Hae but they couldn't hear him. Dawon also said to Yi Gang that Hyun Joo looked desperate wanted to talk to Yi Gang but it's unclear whether She heard his voice or She just took conclusion based on Hyun Joo's body language.

• Insightful 2

@illay I agree that LYS does seem to come from a well-to-do family, based on how her parents were dressed at her graduation photos, and her mother during the meeting with JGY. Interesting idea about her mother being linked to the cable car development plans. She was mentioned as only returning to participate in the mountain spirit ritual, so definitely they are staying elsewhere (probably in the city). However, since she has returned, does it mean she will be the next target? Or is the killer only planning to attack those who do go on the mountain itself? Yet when you think about it, the 2nd attempt on LYS' life was not on the mountain, but in her house. Was LSW planning to plant her body in the mountain after that?

We were never told whether LDW actually heard KHJ calling for SYG - my initial impression was that she based it on his frustration as he tried desperately to reach for the walkie-talkie. However, she might have heard his cries too. We know now that he can be heard. The circumstances that happens remains unclear. Still, my current theory is that the moment he is visible to someone, it means that danger is around the corner for that person. Remember LDW could not see him the first two times... only the last time. Soon after that, she was killed. If so, this particular herb collector will once again be a victim in the near future, like the other herb collectors who saw KHJ.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

Jirisan: Episode 9

by citrusorangeee

jirisan9-00139.jpg

Our story gets twisty this episode, with unexpected developments happening in both timelines. On one end, a tragedy creates tension and divide, as evidence points to one particular ranger as the culprit. On the other end, our protagonist is introduced to a strange disappearance on the mountain that may have its roots in the supernatural. As the tangible and the otherworldly entangle further, our rangers find themselves with a mystery that continues to grow in scale.

EPISODE 9 RECAP

At Jirisan, Da-won pretends to be relieved upon seeing a ranger she recognizes. Somewhere on the mountain, where a tree is surrounded by blooming flowers, a signal of twigs and rocks has been set up.

Yi-kang’s phone calls to Da-won don’t go through so she resorts to texting. When she spots Gu-young coming out of the restricted trail, she asks him if he’s seen Da-won and explains that Da-won is suddenly unreachable.

The next day, with Da-won considered officially missing, a search commences. Yi-kang and Gu-young are at the control room, providing instructions to the rangers out in the field. A glass board in the room ominously indicates Dae-jin’s days off schedule. Gu-young asks Yi-kang if she’s been able to call Dae-jin, but Yi-kang tells him that Dae-jin’s phone is turned off.

Woong-soon enters the room and tells Yi-kang and Gu-young that Da-won’s credit card statements indicate that her last transaction was yesterday. She wasn’t seen in any of the security footage around the restricted trails either. Woong-soon concludes that Da-won’s still at Jirisan, like Yi-kang suspects.

When Yi-kang suggests that they search around a specific dead tree in an area southeast of a lily habitat, Gu-young realizes Yi-kang intends to rely on her signalling method. He’s exasperated when he finds out that Da-won’s disappearance happened because she was looking for the same signals that only Yi-kang and Hyun-jo knew.

He doubts the dead tree would have clues, but Yi-kang insists on the accuracy of the signalling method as it’s helped them find hikers that entire rescue teams couldn’t. And most importantly, Yi-kang feels responsible for Da-won’s disappearance and she pleads with Gu-young to have the rescue team sent to the dead tree.

A team of rangers arrive at the tree, confused about why they’ve been sent here. They spot the twig formation and send an image of it to Yi-kang. She quickly interprets the signal, and explains that it’s pointing toward the pebbly road at Haebawi Rock, and Gu-young relays the message.

As the rangers outside search around that area, they find a bloody pink cellphone with the letters “LDW.” They relay this to Gu-young via walkie-talkie. When Yi-kang confirms that it’s Da-won’s phone, Gu-young tells the rangers to continue searching that area.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/jirisan-episode-9/

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Jun Ji Hyun Searches For The Murderer In Her Midst On “Jirisan”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 27, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Jirisan” has shared a sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Penned by “Kingdom” writer Kim Eun Hee, “Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as her rookie partner Kang Hyun Jo, who is hiding a supernatural secret. Together, the two rangers begin to uncover the truth behind mysterious accidents that occur on the mountain.

Spoilers

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Seo Yi Kang has a tense meeting with Jo Dae Jin (played by Sung Dong Il), who is locked up in a holding cell at the police station. While Jo Dae Jin once seemed more trustworthy than anyone as the rangers’ dependable leader, he unexpectedly became the prime suspect in Lee Da Won (Go Min Si)’s murder after it came to light that they crossed paths shortly before her death.

On the previous episode of “Jirisan,” Seo Yi Kang exploded at Jo Dae Jin as she asked him if he was also responsible for what happened to Kang Hyun Jo. In the new photos, Seo Yi Kang’s eyes remain cold as she gazes frostily at Jo Dae Jin, raising the question of whether the two longtime colleagues will be able to rebuild the shattered trust between them.

Spoiler

Sung-Dong-Il.jpeg

Jun-Ji-Hyun3.jpeg

Meanwhile, other photos capture the now grave atmosphere at the rangers’ headquarters, with Jung Goo Young (Oh Jung Se), Park Il Hae (Jo Han Chul), and Seo Yi Kang sitting together in uncomfortable silence.

Jirisan2.jpeg

Spoiler

Oh-Jung-Se1.jpeg

Jo-Han-Chul1.jpeg

At the end of the latest episode of “Jirisan,” viewers were shocked to learn that Kim Sol (Lee Ga Seob) was actually the son of the late mayor of Black Bridge Village. Although it was always clear that Kim Sol knew a great deal about the mountain, nothing about the character had suggested that he had such a tragic past.

In a final photo from the upcoming episode, Kim Sol approaches Seo Yi Kang with a stiff expression, while the ranger looks warily up at him.

Jun-Ji-Hyun-Lee-Ga-Seob.jpeg

The next episode of “Jirisan” will air on November 27 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1500687wpp/jun-ji-hyun-searches-for-the-murderer-in-her-midst-on-jirisan

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Half of the episode dealt with the current events, while the other half was on past events - the one that resulted in Hyun Joo and Yi Gang's current state, as well as on the 1995 flooding incident and the impending 2019 flood.

The murder victims were indeed related to the 1995 incident and I think one of the serial killers (I presume there's 2) possibly lost loved ones in the incident.

• Sad 1
  • Insightful 2

tumblr-43b82ac7f329ba72ab78d74c4d07b6d2-

hai everyone. :D from my point of view, though faced with many sticky situations, they were able to make their way through the hardship. root means to cheer for an experienced climbers but also the underground part of the plant. :D  I'm rooting for them. I believe another issue that has plagued "graphic" is its overt and awkward computer-generated imagery, digital graphics used in visual media or usually it's not too serious. oh, either. it doesn't matter so I sat down and watched next series of episodes even it's getting cold. :D

• Like 3

Trust KEH to answer one question and prompt multiple more in a single episode!

The latest revelations seem to indicate that the killings are tied to the 1995 Dowon Valley floods. Certainly, we now see Sgt Kim's link, his father being the ranger that perished in Mujin station along with SYG's parents and an elderly couple. Still, why target both the evacuees and victims? The 3 volunteer rangers survived along with Capt. Jo and 3 students. Also, it does not account for Seo Geum-ja, Granny Geum-rye and LYS unless they are either related to the students who survived or the elderly couple who died. If indeed the Dowon Valley flood is the root cause, then it would mean SYG and Capt. Jo could very well be on the list of victims as well.  However, for now, I am still inclined to believe that the killings stemmed from the Black Bridge valley incident in 1991. While I can't see any link between the Sgt Kim's father and that incident, he certainly was old enough to potentially be the 1991 perpetrator, being 38 at the time of his death.

Suspicions are now directed at JGY in present day, and the man himself remains unforthcoming about his actions. It is notable that Kim Sol was the one who gave SYG the idea that Capt Jo's gloves could have easily been taken by anyone who was a ranger. If he was indeed the killer, was his intention really to absolve Capt. Jo of blame? Then, why plant the gloves in the first place unless it is to temporarily incarcerate Capt. Jo who is clearly on his trail, yet not willing to do him actual harm? 

I can't understand why SYG's parents would pointedly refuse to leave a message behind, knowing that their chances of survival are bleak.  I can't believe that they would deliberately leave her bereaved without a final word despite any disagreements they might have had earlier. Would SYG finally be able to find a message they left behind, one that had been overlooked earlier?

We are introduced to a new mysterious hiker at Baektogol, and the persistent lottery girl is back. If Ep12 preview is to be believed, she actually finds her missing ticket, which has somehow managed to survive the elements after so many months? But more importantly, LYS appears to be braving the elements... is it to call for help? I am very afraid that tomorrow will be the day she perishes, resulting in the cold JGY that we now see...

Finally, SYG's internal monologue that broke my heart, which the C-subs seem to make more sense (can someone please confirm what she actually said?):

如果我真的死了,是不是可以见到贤祖了呢?

等见到贤祖了,是不是能听到当时没能听完的故事,说未能说出口的那些话?

If I were to die, would I be able to see Hyun-jo?

When I see him, would I be able to hear what I had not finished hearing, say the words I had not been able to say?

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

Finally, I was able to watch episode 11. First it was the commander and today it's Go Yong is likely the suspect?? But why would he harm his own ranger team?? To take over commander's position or something? And if it's really related to 1995 flood victims, then Yi Gang could be the next target of the murderer! I am so looking forward for tomorrow's episode. :)

• Like 3

There's something in this episode that got me intrigued. Gi Yang said to Go Young that she hasn't been able to see Hyun Jo from the 2019 summer till the day of their accident. I'm wondering why... it was another flood accident, maybe she got traumatized again by it so she decided to take a break from being a ranger? And maybe she got back on the day of their accident? 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1