[Drama 2020] Private Lives, 사생활

0ly40

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Filming of Private Life is postponed due to rising COVID-19 cases.

"JTBC has indefinitely postponed the production of all its upcoming programs that were slated for filming in the metropolitan area."

source: https://www.kdramapal.com/netflix-major-korean-networks-announce-indefinite-pause-drama-production-light-health-crisis/ 

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Private Life, 사생활 - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST - Lee Hak Joo, Go Kyung Pyo & Kim Hyo Jin - Premieres on October 7th
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Private Lives, 사생활 - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST - Premieres on October 7th
  • 2 weeks later...

Seohyun, Go Kyung Pyo, And More Share Insights Into Their Own “Private Lives” Ahead Of Drama Premiere

Seohyun, Go Kyung Pyo, And More Share Insights Into Their Own “Private Lives” Ahead Of Drama Premiere

Oct 2, 2020
by J. K

In fitting with the Chuseok holidays and the theme of the show, the cast of the upcoming drama “Private Lives” talked about their own personal hobbies, interests, and more!

The drama takes place during the current age in which people share, steal, and fabricate their private lives. It’s about con artists mobilizing all their techniques to disclose the nation’s major “private life,” and it stars Girls’ Generation’s SeohyunGo Kyung PyoKim Hyo JinKim Young Min, and more.

On top of the release of some stills of the actors in character, the cast talked about how they spend their private time when they’re off work.

When she was asked to name something small that makes her happy, Seohyun chose driving. “If I go on a drive while listening to music I like, then I feel like I’m on a trip,” she said.

She also shared that her stay-at-home hobby has been baking. “I started because I wanted to express my feelings to people I’m grateful for,” she explained. “When I see them being happy about my gifts of homemade cookies and bread, it makes me happy too.”

Go Kyung Pyo talked about what he loves to do when it rains. “On rainy days, I’ll sometimes get fully decked out in my boots and a raincoat and then go out without an umbrella to get rained on,” he shared.

Kim Hyo Jin also talked about her own private life. “I’m busy taking care of my children and dog, as well as doing housework,” she said. The actress is a working mom whose hard work doesn’t end when filming wraps up for the day.

“That’s why when I have time to myself, I enjoy exercising or reading in a quiet and calm environment,” she said.

Meanwhile, Kim Young Min shared that he enjoys all different kinds of culture in his free time. “I not only watched films and plays, I also went to a lot of art galleries and museums,” he said. “Lately I’m mainly at home when I’m not filming, so I’m binging dramas.” He added, “I hope that viewers will enjoy their Chuseok holidays and then watch ‘Private Lives’ every Wednesday and Thursday after it begins on October 7.”

I usually watch kdrama in the morning but since episode 2 already available on Netflix so I thought why not just watch it while slurping some ramyun.

I would not say I am totally loving this because as of now, it just play on existing usual tropes about con artists centered drama. The plot in episode 1-2 were quite predictable through and through even though I keep crossing fingers that it will turn out otherwise. I feel like Seohyun really improved and she is not Seohyun from SNSD that I know. And my heart really hurts for Joo Eun. I would not say that she is perfect, but she sold her character for now. At the end of episode 2,  I really hope the writer will not go down the route I thought

Spoiler

marriage scam

but I guess the writer wants to make Joo Eun to be at her very bottom so that she will shed her soft-hearted trait and come out as super vengeful female lead, focus on her aim to get revenge on everyone that hurts her and stop having hope to have happy normal life anymore.

Spoiler

Based on the preview for episode 3, it seems like there is some truth in Jung Hwan's feelings towards Joo Eun.

For now, I might still be watching this if I have the time, mainly because I want to know more about Jung Hwan's background story and waiting for all the scenes where Go Kyung Pyo will make use his eyes to give out those longing wistful gaze towards Seohyun like he is so in love with her, she is the one for him. Those little snippet on Knowing Brothers is not enough and I am prepared to get all the heartache because of him. No, I am not hoping this to go too melo because I loooooove and prefer watching con artists in action but some love scenes between them won't hurt. After all this drama is about con artists trying to uncover the truth as per Netflix's description. :coolshades:

Archived