Quantcast

[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Article Translation

Moon Chae Won's POST DRAMA INTERVIEW WITH SETN

October 20, 2020

Korean drama ‘Flower of Evil’ finished with perfect ending last month. It was the second collaboration between leading actors Moon Chaewon and Lee Joongi, after Criminal Minds in 2017. The role played by Lee Joongi is of a apparent excellent husband and father who could devote himself to his family. But in fact he is a suspect in a serial murder case, in addition, he deceiving his wife (played by Moon Chaewon), a detective who has loved him for 14 years. The audience of the drama were addicted to the intense and exciting story. In the past few days, Moon Chaewon received an overseas interview with Sanli News. She shared her thoughts about acting and interesting things behind the scenes.

▲ Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon collaborating on “Flower of Evil” for the second time after “Criminal Minds”

Spoiler

▲ Moon Chaewon accepted an exclusive interview with “Sanli News Network” to share her experience with acting.

The detective played by Moon Chaewon kept discovering all sorts of amazing secrets about her husband Baek Heesung/Do Hyunsoo (Lee Joongi), even handcuffing him herself. She was asked about which part of the script shocked her the most when she read the script for the first time. Moon Chaewon said that on Episode 8, when Cha Jiwon eavesdrop Do Hyunsoo by the abandoned swimming pool, when he was answering his sister Do Haesoo (Jang Heejin) with considerably indifference: “Even only for an instant, I have never loved Jiwon”. The moment of hearing this was very shocking and full of betrayal, “This is a feeling I don’t know how to describe, and there is no way to describe it with one word, therefore, it is actually quite difficult to express and act Jiwon’s inner feeling. This is the part I was concerned at that time.”

▲ Moon Chaewon constantly discovers various amazing secrets about her husband in the drama.

In the process of arresting criminals and rescuing her husband, Cha Jiwon also had many highly difficult action scenes. Moon Chaewon revealed that fortunately, during the shooting, she was lucky not to be seriously injured, only some minor scratches. She also shared about a scene which she had to jump up the stairs quickly, but it had rained heavily that day and the stairs were slippery, so she slipped and fell. She laughed and said, “I felt so embarrassed at the time. Although it was painful, because I was so embarrassed, I had to endure it all the time”. Compared with Cha Jiwon’s bravely rushing into every crime scene, even entering the terrible basement of Do Hyunsoo’s home, Moon Chaewon said that in real life, she is actually quite timid. When she goes to play in haunted houses, she always stands behind her friends, “I’m afraid of ghosts, haha”.

Spoiler

▲ Moon Chaewon had a lot of difficult action scenes, but fortunately there is no serious injury.

When Moon Chaewon was asked at the press conference how she felt about partnering with Lee Joongi again, she was shy and blew herself up talking about how often she went to the theater to watch movies after school. At that time, Lee Joongi’s emblematic movie "The King and The Clown” was released. She went to watch it with her friend, but then her friend was fascinated by him and searched about Lee Joongi on the internet. She didn’t expected to work with him with after “growing up”, she was called a successful fan. Later, she revealed that after the first episode was broadcast, she talked with that same friend for 3 hour on the phone. When asked Moon Chaewon which Lee Joongi’s scene deeply impressed her, Moon Chaewon replied, “On Episode 15, Hyunsoo is shoot to save Jiwon. Because of his deeply love for Jiwon, he could give up his life, right?” 

Spoiler

▲ Moon Chaewon talked with a her friend who likes Lee Joongi for 3 hours on the phone.

Spoiler

▲ Moon Chaewon felt that the moment Lee Joongi was shot to save Jiwon was the most impressive.

And about which three scenes in “Flower of Evil” impressed her the most, Moon Chaewon replied, “Compared to scenes of sadness and showing a lot of emotions, I still think the most about the moment of happiness.” She told the scene she liked the most is when Cha Jiwon dove into the pool without hesitation, to save Do Hyunsoo at the opening, “The feeling of love for Hyunsoo can be felt, and she is willing to sacrifice for him.” The second scene is under the cherry blossom tree, when Cha Jiwon took the initiative to kiss Do Hyunsoo, and then the couple kiss lovingly, “The scene is beautiful. It contains romance, whether it is feelings or visual. The heartbeat feelings which can bring people into Spring, and Jiwon, who loves Hyunsoo, is a a bit clumsy but also has a sincere heart.” It’s also a meaningful turning point, “Because it shows Hyunsoo falling in love with Jiwon unconsciously”. The last scene is when Do Hyunsoo and Cha Jiwon hide under the edge together because of the rain, and smile into each other’s eyes, “A slight heartbeat can be felt, so I like it”.

▲ Do Hyunsoo and Cha Jiwon looked at each other and smiled.

In the end, Moon Chaewon did not forget to leave a message to her Chinese fans: “Thank you everyone for supporting ‘Flower of Evil’ and Jiwon. Audience and fans could enjoy our performance and support us until the end. It gave us a lot of strength. I hope everyone will be healthy and all of you can feel happiness!“

Source: Setn

Credit: @moonchaewonarchive

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling all BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS   @0ly40 @0313_v @40somethingahjumma @abovewaIIs @Admiral @africandramalover @agnesselvira @ainipang @aisling @alekaonu @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @androssi 

- It's D-DAY       Calling all Pretty FLOWERS       EPISODE 01                  

If only the TIME didn't stopped... The kissing session will consume for 30 minutes.       The slow-burn sweet kisses  were so HOT and sexy.           

Posted Images

EXCLUSIVE Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won's Philippine Interview

We talk to the ‘Flower of Evil’ star couple about the characters they play, their most memorable experiences shooting the drama, and the pressures and joys of being an actor!

Justin Alexandra Convento

October 21, 2020, 12:40 AM

It's been a month since the drama has ended and our hearts are still reeling. We may never recover from our Flower of Evil hangover! And we wouldn't want to, anyway, because Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won have truly captured our hearts with their amazing talent, range, and unforgettable on-screen chemistry.

Moon Chae Won and Lee Joon Gi in 'Flower of Evil'
Moon Chae Won and Lee Joon Gi in 'Flower of Evil' | Stills courtesy of IQIYI

In this exclusive interview, both actors get candid about their stellar performances in the recently concluded drama. We gain more insight into the characters they play, learn of their most memorable experiences shooting the drama, and hear from them the pressures and joys they experience as doing what they love—acting!

Interview with Lee Joon-Gi:

7ad6016f-cdb1-43d6-864e-eddf0e6acbc5_foe-story.gif

tvN, Soompi

1. What was the biggest challenge for you in playing this character? When you read the script, was there anything that you felt difficult to agree with?

Although I found the plot quite interesting when reading the script, and I was also fascinated by the story, I still felt it’d be difficult to play the character. However, to present the audience with a whole new image completely different from the previous works, I decided to take the challenge in the end. Baek Hee-sung does not show his feelings easily, so to interpret this character’s feelings better, I paid special attention to details during the performance. It’d be hard to understand the character from the story pieces of Baek Hee-sung and Do Hyun-soo alone. Rather, I grasped the character’s characteristics and feelings naturally as I read through the script.

2. Flower of Evil is a couple-oriented thriller series. Can you tell us whether it focuses more on the suspense part or the romance between the two protagonists?

The suspense part makes up 20% of the series, while the romance part 80%. The story between the protagonists is very dark and depressing, yet the series still ends with “romance,” true to the “high-energy suspense reasoning TV series” title. In this series, as the truth the husband has hidden for 14 years gradually surfaces, the relationship between the couple is also constantly changing.

Spoiler

362cd077-3a5f-4f49-9100-1df5e54c2a92_foe41.jpg

3. Among the character’s multiple identities: father, husband, and murder suspect, do you feel it’s more difficult to interpret the romance with the wife “Cha Ji-won” (Moon Chae Won), or is the relationship with the daughter more challenging? Do you prefer the identity of husband or father? Did you find it difficult to play a character with such an extreme side?

Frankly speaking, I don’t think I’m mature enough to interpret the roles of husband and father perfectly. It’s already hard to interpret just one of them. Playing both of the roles this time has been a great challenge for me. But I feel it’s something that an actor must go through in their career. This series was the first work I starred in after my long break. I wanted to show the audience a new look, and that was why I chose to play this character.

4. Your character has a dark criminal history, yet he fell in love with a policewoman full of justice. Why do you think your character will fall for someone who is the absolute opposite of himself?

For Do Hyun-soo, Cha Ji-won is the only one he has ever met who has no prejudice against him.  Ji-won’s innocence is like a precious gift to Hyun-soo. It’s the first time he has experienced such emotion, and also one of the major reasons he finally decided to marry her. For Hyun-soo, Ji-won’s appearance is predestined.

5. This is your second collaboration with Moon Chae Won in three years after 'Criminal Minds,' what do you think of your new husband-and-wife relationship? Has the tacit understanding between you two changed? Has your impression of her changed? What changes or growth has she made that make you impressed? Does the spark between you two has any obvious fit or sublimation parts compared to three years ago? What do you think Moon Chae Won’s greatest charm is?

During the shooting of 'Criminal Minds,' I promised Chae Won that we’d play a romance series together in the future. The opportunity came faster than we’d expected, and I was glad that we could work together again. This time we played a couple who had been married for 14 years. We both found the character settings quite fresh, and were also very happy to have the honor to play the characters. Through the cooperation of 'Criminal Minds,' we had fully understood each other’s strengths, which was of great help to the shooting of this series. And we often gave each other performance suggestions. We both put in a lot of effort to portray a couple who had been married for 14 years as naturally as possible. Chae Won’s acting skills are calm and delicate, and I think our cooperation has a synergy effect. We had a great time working together, and the shooting was completed quite smoothly.

6. With the wife a police officer of the serious crimes unit, did the two characters’ “police-and-criminal” identities and husband-and-wife relationship drive you crazy? Or do you feel more inspired and confident the more complex emotions the character has? Is this the character with the most explosive force you’ve played so far?

The character I played in the series loves his wife deeply while hiding his past. It was a great challenge for me to combine the two sides perfectly and interpret them naturally. During the preparation, besides studying the character’s eyes and expressions, I also conducted detailed and in-depth research on the character’s reaction to the interacting actors, the image shaping of the character itself, etc. This work was a great challenge to me, but looking back on the works and characters I’ve played in the past, it seems I’ve always been challenging myself. As an actor, I’ve always been working hard to present my new look. I hope that the audience can see my effort through this work and enjoy the work.

Spoiler

c9bb69ee-3026-48f0-9b4e-ec969b3a2852_foe44.jpg

7. In the series, Hee-sung covered up his past and feelings for a long time. He’s a good liar—do you think you’re similar to him in any way?

I’m no liar. If I lie about something, it’s usually spilled quite easily, and others will soon find out. If I encounter a situation similar to Baek Hee-sung’s in the series in real life, I shouldn’t be able to hide my past that long. (Laughs.)

8. What’s your most memorable experience during the shooting of this series?

For me, every day spent on the shooting site is unforgettable and precious. Everyone was working toward a common goal, and everyone was trying to do their best. Seeing the way everyone worked, I also felt encouraged, the shooting site suddenly full of energy. As everyone on the shooting site had been passing on this positive energy, we completed the shooting of the series in a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere.

Spoiler

bb44910c-b265-41f1-9161-e05ee8067d93_foe13.jpg

9. Can you share your daily life over the past few months during the pandemic? Have you found anything new about yourself because of that? New strengths or weaknesses? And have you developed new hobbies or skills?

Affected by the pandemic, I’ve not been able to continue practicing my favorite Jiu-Jitsu these days, nor go travel. But just because of this, I’ve spent more time at home. I took advantage of the time and made sufficient preparations for the shooting of 'Flower of Evil,' not only reading through the script carefully but also fully studying the characters. I look forward to meeting my fans soon after finishing the shooting of 'Flower of Evil.'

10. You’re a father in this series—how was your cooperation with the little actor who played Eun-ha? Did you feel comfortable with her?

The name of the little actor who played Eun-ha is Seo-yeon. I think my cooperation with her was full of surprises. She was really smart. Compared to adult actors, she could understand and perform various emotions faster. I really like children. I often played with Seo-yeon on the site, and the staff also knew that we got along quite well. So we didn’t find it difficult when playing father and daughter, and we both could express our feelings naturally.

Spoiler

c171ec3b-9955-404d-ac52-e0fdb4a22707_foe56.jpg

11. Fun question! The title of the series is 'Flower of Evil'—if you have to describe yourself as a flower, what flower will you choose and why?

I’d like to choose the rose. As rose not only is my favorite flower, but also symbolizes passion. I feel it suits me well.

12. Dedicating close to 20 years to acting, do you have any unaccomplished dreams or wishes? Can you share with us how you faced and overcame the pressures of being an actor? What are your principles of work and life? Is your happiness in your own hands?

First of all, I think the happiest and most satisfying moment as an actor is every time I meet the fans. I’m very grateful that my fans can enjoy and love my performance, and that I’m able to receive the support of so many fans. And in order not to let down the fans, I’ve always been living and working hard. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a great way for me to deal with stress. But recently, I’ve not been able to keep practicing Jiu-Jitsu because of the shooting. By practicing Jiu-Jitsu, I’ve not only improved my strength, but also learned many things in other fields. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is the safest among combat sports and can improve body balance, so I highly recommend that you try it. As for my principles of work and life, my one principle is to stay humble and treat people with kindness. I’ve been trying my best to adhere to this principle whether in my daily life or during on-site shooting. It not only makes people around me work more happily, but also helps my works achieve better results.

Interview with Moon Chae-Won:

fb139ba9-f08f-4ec0-ba97-1fc9f5df97c3_foe-gif%20@thingskateknows.gif

tvN, Soompi   

1. In this series, your identity is a police officer in the serious crimes unit, and your husband a murder suspect. Did the “police-and-criminal” identities and husband-and-wife relationship drive you crazy? Did you learn anything about the marital relationship after the performance?

Playing a new character is always a challenge for me. For a character described only in words in the script, the actor needs to go through a series of processes such as injecting their own understanding and interpretations and digging into the character’s personalities to shape the character into a figure that actually exists in real life. From the aspect of character shaping, Ji-won is a great challenge for my acting skills. In the past 14 years, Ji-won has loved her husband deeply, and deemed her husband the only one in her eyes. Yet after discovering her husband’s hidden secret, she misses no detail of her husband’s inadvertent words or actions, carefully observing and suspecting her husband all the time. The co-existence of love and suspicion makes Ji-won’s life like walking on a tightrope. When playing the character, I had to show not only the inner suffering of Ji-won, but also her complex relationship with her husband. I’d also made a lot of effort to get a better grasp of the character. I’d think from Cha Ji-won’s perspective instead of Moon Chae Won’s. Why would Ji-won make such a choice? What was Ji-won thinking while making such an action? While studying the character, I kept asking various questions and sought answers from Cha Ji-won’s perspective. And slowly I began to understand Ji-won’s thoughts and actions. I tried my best to integrate the emotions and thoughts I felt when reading the script into the performance, to let the audience feel touched the moment they see the show. After character analysis and research, I did my best to interpret the character, portraying the intricate emotion lines and the delicate and tense relationship between the wife, as a criminal police officer, and the husband, a murder suspect.

2. This is the first series you agreed to play in two years. What made you interested in the script and character and decided to play in the series?

I was first attracted by the series’ deep and dramatic theme. The characters and theme of the series are very special. It neither tells stories of daily life nor expresses emotions and thoughts at a certain moment, which is unique. So I felt it was very different from the previous works. The 'Flower of Evil' series also has many theme elements that I loved. I always enjoy suspense and romance works, and this work happens to combine the two perfectly. So it has a unique charm. Just as the series is integrated with the two elements as suspense and romance, Ji-won also has two sides on emotions. This work has drastic emotional fluctuations, yet they’re not something that happens in a sudden, but emotional shifts that gradually occur throughout the development of the plot, which are easier for the audience to empathize with. So the changes in Ji-won’s emotion line do not appear abrupt, but are the result of natural development.

3. This is your second collaboration with Lee Joon Gi in three years after 'Criminal Minds', what do you think of your new husband-and-wife relationship? What’s your impression of him?

Lee Joon Gi is as handsome as ever. He has many different charms, and it’s really difficult to choose if I can only say one. Hahaha. In my opinion, he’s very passionate about acting, and I can see that he very much likes this work. So during the on-site shooting, I could see that he was working hard every moment, doing his best to complete the shooting of each scene. And the professional acting skills Lee Joon Gi showed on the shooting site were also an inspiration and motivation to me. Lee Joon Gi has many reverse charms. Not only would he consider the feelings of other actors carefully, but he also was an expert in livening up the atmosphere of the shooting site. Thanks to Lee Joon Gi, I didn’t feel so nervous during shooting and could concentrate better on performance. I feel very lucky to be able to meet such an excellent partner and such amazing work.

4. Your character has a strong sense of justice, yet she fell in love with a man with a dark past. Why do you think your character will fall for such a dangerous man? Are you the type to be attracted to “bad guys"?

At the end of episode six, Ji-won says “I only believe what I see.” This line is a good expression of the characteristics of Ji-won. I think Ji-won is a figure who’s not to be influenced by the prejudices of others and always sticks to her beliefs.Therefore, while others see Hee-sung who comes to buy beer in the grocery cold, Ji-won, not influenced by others’ views, does not have much suspicion about Hee-sung and only sees him as an ordinary person. And it’s precisely because she has no prejudice against Hee-sung that she can find the humane and affectionate side of Hee-sung. In the series, she made the first move asking about the reasons for Hee-sung’s move, and has always believed that Hee-sung, who’s been guarding her silently around, is a good man. There are countless beautiful memories between them, and I believe Ji-won loves Hee-sung deep down.

Spoiler

f069ea8d-a413-4fc3-bae0-d4563c0efa1d_foe34.jpg

5. This is your first time playing a married, working mother. How was your cooperation with the little actor on the site? Did you feel comfortable with her?

It was the first time Seo-yeon and I cooperated playing mother-and-daughter, and I personally felt very satisfied. There was no doubt that our cooperation had been easy and enjoyable. One day, during the shooting, Seo-yeon ran over smiling and took out a colored paper folded into a square. I opened it, and the colored paper read “Sister Moon Chae-won, Flower of Evil, cheers ♡♡.” Since then, I’d continued to receive letters from her, the title usually my real name or character name in the series. The way she wrote the letters with her little hands was simply adorable. And I’m also very grateful for her care and love for me. The shooting happened to be in the cold spring weather, and it was thanks to the warmth Seo-yeon brought us on the shooting site that the shooting was completed smoothly. This also left a deep impression on me.

6. Your character has experienced many emotional setbacks and fluctuations in the series. Did you find it hard to relieve the stress brought by Ji-won (or feel unable to control your emotions) after shooting?

I was usually very focused during shooting and performance, and had also been caught up in Ji-won’s feelings and emotions. But that didn’t mean I’d find it difficult to relieve the stress brought by Ji-won or feel unable to control my emotions after shooting. Hahaha. Sometimes I’d enjoy being in the role of Ji-won, but sometimes I’d also listen to some relaxing music or go see friends to get rid of the heavy emotional pressure. Depending on the situation, I’d choose different methods to relieve stress.

Spoiler

1e755a28-f824-481d-975c-a8d80782eb89_foe65.jpg

7. What’s your most memorable experience during the shooting of the series so far?

I found the cooperation with the fascinating actors and staff the most memorable. Suddenly realizing some of the content that I’d not thought of before while discussing the script with seniors and colleague actors, I’d be able to shoot scenes better fitting the work combining everyone’s opinions. I’m very proud that I was able to contribute to the creation of this amazing work. Haha, it was thanks to the on-site guidance of director Kim Cheol-kyu that we could exert 100% of our acting skills. I’m very happy to be able to work with so many excellent people and produce such a good cooperation result!

8. Can you share your life in the past few months before the premiere of 'Flower of Evil'?

It was actually the same as usual. I’d do things like watch my favorite movies and cook, which made my life flowing with happiness! I also made some preparations for the shooting of 'Flower of Evil'. (Laughs.)

9. The pressure of being an actor is actually great. There are many young actors who are overwhelmed by the pressure of the entertainment industry and unable to find happiness, their emotions fluctuating with public opinion. How did you face and overcome the pressure?

I think one of the effective ways to relieve stress is to put aside all the daily distractions and focus only on yourself temporarily. Or eat your favorite food or watch a few soothing movies or TV series, take a break and relax. You can also organize your thoughts while listening to music. In this way, your positive energy is restored slowly without you knowing it.

Spoiler

a089716c-751c-4913-977b-a6c049c461f7_foe17.jpg

You can watch all the episodes of Flower of Evil starring Moon Chae Won and Lee Joon Gi on IQIYI! 

Viewers can access this thrilling and romantic drama, as well as other releases. for free via iQIYI International’s website at iQ.com or on the platform’s free mobile application that can be downloaded from the Apple Store or Google Play Store. For access to new episodes as they drop, viewers can also sign up for a Standard VIP account at PHP129 or for a Premium VIP account at PHP249.

Lead photos courtesy of IQIYI and background photo by Adrien Olichon on Pexels. Other photos in story from tvN and IMDb.

Source: Metro.style

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Article Translation

'2020 APAN Awards' to be held next month, popularity award voting begins

0003062542_001_20201026075954321.jpg?type=w430

Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won are among the nominees for the 2020 APAN popularity award (vote via the IDOLCHAMP app)
-
2020 APAN Awards’ has released a teaser poster and announced the nominees for the popularity award, whose winner is determined by the vote of fans.
The 2020 APAN Awards is taking place for two days, from November 28 to 29, and will air live in about 200 countries as an ‘untact’ (without physical contact) ceremony.
Voting for the popularity award started on October 27 and continues until November 27, through the IDOL CHAMP app. The winner will be determined 100% by the vote.
The winner in the actor category is also determined by the vote. There are three categories in total: male and female actors and OST categories. Among the nominees are: Kang Ha Neul, Go Ara, Kim Go Eun, Kim Da Mi, Kim Min Jae, Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Hee Sun, Kim Hee Ae, Namkoong Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, Moon Chae Won, Park Bo Gum, Park Seo Joon, Park So Dam, Park Eun Bin, Park Min Young, Bae Suzy, Seo Kang Joon, Seo Ye Ji, Seol Hyun, Son Ye Jin, Yoo Yeon Seok, Lee Min Ho, Lee Dong Wook, Lee Sung Kyung, Lee Min Jung, Lee Seung Gi, Lee Joon Gi, Jang Ki Yong, Jang Dong Yoon, Jeon Mi Do, Jung Hae In, Jo Bo Ah, Jo Jung Suk, Ji Chang Wook, Joo Won, and Hyun Bin.
As for ‘APAN Star Awards,’ the awards will be presented in a total of 27 categories for dramas that have aired from October 2019 to October 2020 on the national networks, general programming, and cable network channels, as well as web series and short form dramas.
The previous Daesang winners include Son Hyun Joo (1st), Song Hye Kyo (2nd), Jo In Sung (3rd), Kim Soo Hyun (4th), Song Joong Ki (5th), and Lee Byung Hun (6th).

Original source: (1)

Translation: @jg_kdrama (instagram)

• Like 3

55b829f62c1d31fa58455e947b025eb69775e006

Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won have been nominated for the 2020 APAN Seezn Star Award (different from the popularity award). You can only vote for one of them.
-
Voting is open until 27 November 2020
-
•You can participate only after logging in on the Seezn App.
•The Seezn Star Award winner is determined 100% by the vote.
•The winner will receive the award at the 2020 Apan Star Awards ceremony on November 29 
-
•Download the Seezn app
•Go to Voting page and Vote Moon Chae Won/ Lee Joon Gi daily, once with each SNS ID. 

For (overseas) fans use this link to download the Seezn app :

https://m.apkpure.com/seezn-시즌-즐거움을-다-본다/com.kt.otv/download?from=details

• Like 2

thriller-korean-dramas.jpg

While Korean dramas are popular for its romance genre, there are some good thriller Korean dramas to watch to keep you on the edge of your seat.

The two things that keep you watching thriller dramas are their gripping storyline & flawless acting with some action packed scenes that keep you engaged.

If you want to watch some of the best thrillers that Korean provides, here are 15 best thriller Korean dramas for you to watch & enjoy.

1. Signal

Park Hae Young witnesses the kidnapping of a girl 15 years ago. 15 years later, Hae Yeong is now a police officer and criminal profiler. One day, he finds a walkie-talkie that allows him to get in contact with Detective Lee Jae Han who is in the past. Together, they solve a series of murders.

Signal thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 16

Cast –

• Lee Je Hoon as Park Hae Yeong
  • Kim Hye Soo as Cha Soo Hyun
  • Jo Jin Woong as Lee Jae Han

Watch On – Netflix, Viki

2. Flower Of Evil

Baek Hee Sung is a craftsman living with his wife, Cha Ji Won & daughter. But he hides some dark secrets that even his wife is unaware of. His wife is a homicide detective who investigates a case of a psychopath who is quite close to her.

Flower Of Evil thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 16

Cast –

• Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung
  • Moon Chae Won as Cha Ji Won
  • Jang Hee Jin as Do Hae Soo
  • Seo Hyun Woo as Kim Moo Jin

Watch On – Viki

3. Extracurricular

This drama is about three high school students Ji Soo, his partner Gyu Ri & school bully Min-Hee who start committing crimes to earn money & pay for their college and the unpredictable dangers they face as a result.

Spoiler

Extracurricular thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 10

Cast –

• Kim Dong Hee as Oh Ji Soo
  • Park Joo Hyun as Bae Gyu Ri
  • Jung Da Bin as Seo Min Hee
  • Nam Yoon Su as Kwak Ki Tae

Watch On – Netflix

4. Strangers From Hell

Jong-Woo moves from the countryside to Seoul after his friend, Jae Ho, offers him a job. While looking for a place to live, he comes across a cheap hostel. He decides to live there for 6 months. But strange things start to happen with him.

Spoiler

Strangers From Hell thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 10

Cast –

• Im Shi Wan as Yoon Jong Woo
  • Lee Dong Wook as Seo Moon Jo
  • Lee Jung Eun as Eom Bok Soon
  • Ahn Eun Jin as Seo Jung Hwa

Watch On – Netflix

5. Vagabond

Cha Dal Gun is a stuntman whose nephew dies in a plane crash. He comes to know that there is a huge scandal involving the government behind the plane crash & sets off to reveal the truth along with a NIS agent Go Hae Ri.

Spoiler

Vagabond thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 16

Cast –

• Lee Seung Gi as Cha Dal Gun
  • Bae Suzy as Go Hae Ri
  • Shin Sung Rok as Gi Tae Ung

Watch On – Netflix

6. Kingdom

Ste in the Joseon period, the deceased king rises and a mysterious plague begins to spread; the prince must face a new breed of enemies to unveil the evil scheme and save his people. It has season 2 as well.

Spoiler

Kingdom thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 12 (S01 – 6 & S02 -6)

Cast –

• Joo Ji Hoon as Lee Chang
  • Ryu Seung Ryong as Jo Hak Joo
  • Bae Doo Na as Seo Bi
  • Kim Sung Gyu as Young Shin

Watch On – Netflix

7. Tunnel

In 1986, Park Kwang Ho works as a detective. While working he passes through a time portal, which transports him to present-day Seoul. He meets a new partner Kim Sun Jae. They try to find out the serial killer.

Spoiler

Tunnel thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 16

Cast –

• Choi Jin Hyuk as Park Kwang Ho
  • Yoon Hyun Min as Kim Seon Jae
  • Lee Yoo Young as Shin Jae Yi

Watch On – Netflix

8. Save Me

Sang Mi and her family move to Muji-gun. There she meets four young men. Later, Sang Mi and her family are approached by the Spiritual Father of Goosunwon who offers to help them. However, they slowly get sucked into the pseudo-religious cult and the four young men try to save her.

Spoiler

Save Me thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 16

Cast –

• Seo Ye Ji as Im Sang Mi
  • Ok Taec Yeon as Han Sang Hwan
  • Woo Do Hwan as Seok Dong Chul
  • Jo Sung Ha as Baek Jung Ki

Watch On – Netflix

9. Voice

Detective Moo Jin Hyuk after his wife’s death, works with professional voice profiler Kwon Joo, whose father is killed, to solve a different crime, chasing for the serial killer who is responsible for the deaths of their family members.

Spoiler

Voice thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 16

Cast –

• Jang Hyuk as Moo Jin Hyeok
  • Lee Ha Na as Kang Kwon Joo
  • Baek Sung Hyun as Shim Dae Shik
  • Son Eun Seo as Park Eun Soo

Watch On – Netflix, Viki

10. Stranger

Hwang Shi Mok, a prosecutor finds him in a murder case. He meets Police Lieutenant Yeo Jin at a murder crime scene. They work together to wipe out corruption at the prosecutor’s office and solve a serial murder case.

Spoiler

Stranger thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 16

Cast –

• Jo Seung Woo as Hwang Shi Mok
  • Bae Doo Na as Han Yeo Jin
  • Lee Joon Hyuk as Seo Dong Jae
  • Yoo Jae Myung as Lee Chang Joon
  • Shin Hye Sun as Young Eun Soo

Watch On – Netflix

11. Two Weeks

Jang Tae San is a man who has been living a meaningless life. He is on the run after being falsely accused of murder. He discovers that he has a daughter whom he tries to save in two weeks.

Spoiler

Two Weeks thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 16

Cast –

• Lee Joon Gi as Jang Tae San
  • Kim So Yeon as Park Jae Kyung
  • Ryu Soo Young as Im Seung Woo
  • Park Ha Sun as Seo In Hye
  • Lee Chae Mi as Seo Soo Jin

Watch On – Netflix, Viki

12. Train

Seo Do Won is a detective who tries to save Seo Kyung. There are two different worlds in this drama. Do Won travels to the other world to track the serial killer with the help of the other Seo Kyung.

Spoiler

Train thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 12

Cast –

• Yoon Shi Yoon as Seo Do Won
  • Kyung Soo Jin as Han Seo Kyung
  • Shin So Yool as Lee Jung Min

Watch On – Viki

13. Defendant

Park Jung Woo is a prosecutor who has lost his memory and discovers that he is convicted on death row. He is now left with no option but to find the truth behind his condition and prove his innocence.

Spoiler

Defendant thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 18

Cast –

• Ji Sung as Park Jung Woo
  • Uhm Ki Joon as Cha Sun Ho
  • Kwon Yu Ri as Seo Eun Hye
  • Oh Chang Seok as Kang Joon Hyuk
  • Uhm Hyun Kyung as Na Yun Hee

Watch On – Netflix, Viki

14. The Guest

Yoon Hwa Pyung, a psychic Choi Yoon; a young boy born in a religious Catholic family, and Kang Kil Yeong; the daughter of a detective tries to work together to defeat a powerful demon named “Son”.

Spoiler

The Guest thriller korean dramas

No. Of Episodes – 16

Cast –

• Kim Dong Wook as Yoon Hwa Pyung
  • Kim Jae Wook as Choi Yoon/Matthew
  • Jung Eun Chae as Kang Gil Young

Watch On – Free Streaming Sites

15. 365: Repeat The Year

In this drama, ten individuals get the opportunity to return in time by one year, but strange & unexpected circumstances begin to emerge when their destinies are changed & turned.

Spoiler

365: Repeat The Year

No. Of Episodes – 16

Cast –

• Lee Joon Hyuk as Ji Hyung Joo
  • Nam Ji Hyun as Shin Ga Hyun
  • Kim Jee Soo as Lee Shin

Watch On – Viki

Wrapping Up

These are just 15. There are many more to discover & watch. So, pick any one or all of them & get ready to watch. Most of them are available on Netflix & Viki.

Besides dramas, there are many more Korean Thriller Movies to watch that keeps you entertaining more & more.

Keep watching dramas !!

Source: kdramain

• Thanks 2

Article Translation

‘Flower of Evil' starring Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon premieres in Japan on Mnet Smart

restmb_allidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=2020111

‘Flower of Evil,’ Lee Joongi’s drama comeback after a two-year hiatus, has been confirmed to premiere in Japan, in January 2021, on Mnet Smart, the first Korean entertainment and video service in Japan 100% owned by Korea's Mnet.

The drama is about a man who changed his identity and his wife who investigates his past. Lee Joongi stars as Do Hyun Soo, serial murder suspect posing as Baek Hee Seong. He gave a great performance as the polar opposites of warm-hearted Hee Seong and cold-blooded Hyun Soo.

Moon Chae Won who led Tale of Fairy and Good Doctor, plays detective Cha Ji Won who investigates her beloved husband's past. The pair once worked together on 'Criminal Minds' and now play a lovey-dovey married couple, yet filled with tension as the chaser and the chased. What choice will the detective wife make when she finds out about her loving husband's past?

Source: (1)

Translation: @jg_k_drama_417

• Like 4