[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

7 hours ago, foreverempress said:

He left because they continued to extend the episodes and he had another drama to shoot.

Yeah, they extended the series to give Sunny and the emperor time to develop their feelings and reconciled in the end, then after the emperor died, Sunny ended up with the emperor's doppelganger who looked exactly like him and even had his creepy attitude. What a  wonderful and respectful ending for the original male lead NWS isn't it? 
I don't think Logan will suffer the same fate with NWS because as the others had pointed out, people ship SR with Logan, not with her abusive husband JDT, while in the last empress, they shipped Sunny with the emperor.

• Like 2

I don't think that Logan is dead, but will come back with a scarred face (or maybe a different actor). I think he will pull a SSR, and not tell her until later. 

I think it was selfish of OYH not to meet with RN. It was more about herself than what would be best for RN. Also, does RN know about OYC being her father? Unless there is a deleted scene that comes out later I don't think she does. 

When the real estate scam came out I know why the Congressman and family were running, but why was Kang Mari? I couldn't think of a reason for her to be running too. 

I liked that they all went to jail, even though it was completely unrealistic. A forced confession would not stand in court, but neither would anything in that trial. 

Why did OYC receive 2 years, they added running from the police. But technically he wasn't running away, he was trying to get EB away. That nanny is creepy. I think CSJ in S3 will be occupied with finding EB, and getting her away from that nanny. 

Why wasn't EB arrested? Or is it that she escaped before she could be? I just don't understand why they wouldn't even bring her in for assault. 

I predict one of two scenarios for S3:

(1)That the first episode back will have multiple time jumps. We'll prob see each of the parents get out of prison, at least until OYH. So maybe in total 3 years in the future. The kids will be firmly in College by then. I don't think BR will keep her promise never to sing again, mostly cause SSR will convince her to sing anyways. Or maybe without the arts school they move away from music completely. 

(2) They will kill OYC, maybe fake a suicide note saying he confessed falsely because he was angry about the affair. Its a way to get all of the parents out of prison. I just don't see how they keep CSJ in prison for the full 7 years. Can she get out early for good behavior, so maybe only a 5 year time jump. 

How long after season 1 ended did the deleted scenes come out? 

• Like 4

Some things that I wish or predict will happen for Season 3

CSJ's stepmother and stepsister needs to go down the flames as well, CSJ is the devil but her stepmother and stepsister is equally as bad. I think they will face similar ends as CSJ's father (killed by CSJ again, maybe?) or having all their possessions taken off. I really wanted a satisfying conclusions to the Cheong Ah's saga, but it seems won't end pretty.

Dr Ha is such a weak character, like he betrayed OYH in both seasons! All the revenge effort he set up went down the drain when he betrays OYH and turns his back at RN. I don't get how people are still shipping Yoon-Yoon, it baffled me. But I feel like he would sacrificed himself for EB/CSJ somehow in the last season (?)

Since that nanny is our resident Kang Hee, will she be responsible to more heinous crimes as well just like Kang Hee? (ie. murdering MSA?) but here we have our previous resident housemaid doing big crimes as well (killing SSR / NAG)... this series love its psycho housemaid/nannies trope so much that it have to bring them up twice.

At this point, JDT is beyond redeemable that I can only think of put an end to him is by an epic life and death finale fight in season 3, with him vs SSR (or OYH) and probably his kids as well, since both of them now despise him too. We already see prison & life sentence does not work for him; he has moles everywhere and can easily bypass it.

In this area, JDT (and some members of Hera gang) is way worse than Kang Hee and Empress dowager was in TLE - both of them practically finished after they got their sentence. JDT does not. Will season 3's main plotline be Hera gang's revenge to SSR and OYH? Because to be honest, I don't see JDT, CSJ, and especially that lawyer repenting for their sins. Jenny's mom also turns out to be worse that we thought in season 2 - all she cared is Jenny being bullied. Her husband is yet to see, but he also seems to hid evil intentions ...

Finally, for the series itself more deaths.

I sounds bloodthirsty here lol but after seeing season 2 and all the resurrection plot fiasco, it seems that writer-nim somehow trying to ponder to all the viewer's ships and pairings, which to be honest for me sacrificed the tensions that been building since season 1 a lot.

I'm watching this show with GOT-like lens in mind, which means I expected lots of blood, death, and betrayal, because that's exactly what writer-nim has set up since episode 1 (since the first 3 minutes intro, even). If I want to watch pairings and romantic ships, I'd watch other show like Startup or True Beauty, but not this show ... So imagine how disappointed I am when I see they resurrect Rona after seeing her head stuck by the trophy and her oxygen tank being cut off, just to serve shipping fan's purposes :) 

• Like 5

I hope the writer doesn't do what she did in last emperor I seriously am against toxic relationship like jdt and ssr,yoon chul and seo jin if they continue any of these ships I m out I m not watching penthouse though I think jdt with anyone is not possible to die will only be his end 

Yoon hee did wrong I agree but she resented did everything whatever she could for ssr revenge and finally turned in what she did can't be turned over but at the end this is only what she could do 

Everyone in hera palace is criminal fromssr to kids except rona and there r numerous crimes that haven't been listed seo jin leaving her father to die,commanding her secretary (accident of bae rona and yh) 

She basically is responsible for eb condition she did the same what her father did to her didn't give her proper mental treatment when she needed it the most and covered her crimes which made her mental state more horrible 

Well did anyone read kim do hyun(sec do) iv he told that his character might be having one sided love towards sj wow now I feel he is going to help her escape 

Also I wish writer just write her own story rather than giving up to popular ships people will eventually connect if it's good 

I know many hate yoon hee and yoon chul but for me they r somewhere more human than others yes they r hated even more than Dan tae and seo jin because they betrayed their loved ones it's a human tendency to hate those who betray (path of redemption plz in s3 though its difficult because it's makjang drama) 

16 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

I don't think that Logan is dead, but will come back with a scarred face (or maybe a different actor). I think he will pull a SSR, and not tell her until later. 

I think it was selfish of OYH not to meet with RN. It was more about herself than what would be best for RN. Also, does RN know about OYC being her father? Unless there is a deleted scene that comes out later I don't think she does. 

When the real estate scam came out I know why the Congressman and family were running, but why was Kang Mari? I couldn't think of a reason for her to be running too. 

I liked that they all went to jail, even though it was completely unrealistic. A forced confession would not stand in court, but neither would anything in that trial. 

Why did OYC receive 2 years, they added running from the police. But technically he wasn't running away, he was trying to get EB away. That nanny is creepy. I think CSJ in S3 will be occupied with finding EB, and getting her away from that nanny. 

Why wasn't EB arrested? Or is it that she escaped before she could be? I just don't understand why they wouldn't even bring her in for assault. 

I predict one of two scenarios for S3:

(1)That the first episode back will have multiple time jumps. We'll prob see each of the parents get out of prison, at least until OYH. So maybe in total 3 years in the future. The kids will be firmly in College by then. I don't think BR will keep her promise never to sing again, mostly cause SSR will convince her to sing anyways. Or maybe without the arts school they move away from music completely. 

(2) They will kill OYC, maybe fake a suicide note saying he confessed falsely because he was angry about the affair. Its a way to get all of the parents out of prison. I just don't see how they keep CSJ in prison for the full 7 years. Can she get out early for good behavior, so maybe only a 5 year time jump. 

How long after season 1 ended did the deleted scenes come out? 

Did u saw that secretary Do eyeing on seo jin yes the most loyal who seems to be in one sided love with sj he could do something to let her escape 

S1 ssr daughter died 

S2 yh daughter nearly died

S3 is it turn for Eb may be 

I think Eb will go missing and won't identify her mother writer seems to like giving parallel scenes the thing which she did with her father is going to repeat who knows many possibilities 

On 4/4/2021 at 11:01 PM, wildcherry said:

Just finished episode 13, and I’m like :grimace:but again I understand. They need some kind of purpose & reason for 3rd season. Anyway for all his crime & cruelties, lifetime imprisonment is just like a vacation to JDT. Evil guy like him would have his lackey everywhere. And he must have stach some money & assets somewhere, especially illegal money, also to avoid tax.

Anyway, I still believe OYH isn’t the one who kill MSA. Up until now there’s no solid evidence of OYH killing MSA beside her own fuzzy, distorted drunken memory. There wasn’t any solid evidence that shows she was the one who push MSA to her death . None at all. No one witness her on the floor that MSA was killed from. No one see her on the time of MSA death. No cctv recording. And most of all I still confuse, how did drunken OYH managed to be in the residence elevator without residence pass? I thought the place has a very tight security but a drunken woman can freely roam around the building without being captured in the cctv? 

Secondly, we know from past record, OYH has the habit to hallucinate doing things that she actually never did when she’s drunk. This happened when she followed MSA to her part time job, where she hallucinated pushing MSA off the stairs, but in reality OYH was just crouching at one corner until she sober up & overheard MSA being abused by her employer, which prompted her to come forward & defended MSA. Same thing goes on the building, she pass out somewhere around the corner, waking up but still not sober, manage to get herself in elevator & got home. She can’t even walk straight & passing out in between, how could she lifted a girl her size off the balcony when the strong man like JDT failed to do? And if she was sober enough to actually walk straight & push MSA, why didn’t she remember everything that happened after she killed MSA? 

Thirdly, we all know JDT stab RN on her head, and after he thought he had killed RN he did say both MSA & BRN were too easy for him. He feels it was too easy for him killing RN, which also mean it was also easy for him killing SA too.

And I think deep down SSR knows this. But like OYH said, it was the only way to punish all who involved with MSA murder. That’s why she plead for OYH’s pardon.

And about Logan Lee...

A few seconds before the explosion, he seemed to realise what’s going on. He was outside of the car, and from season 1, we know he’s very athletic & moves very fast. He seemed to have noticed something fishy & the explosion wasn’t that big, for an athletic guy to jump a few feet away into the bushes behind him in the explosion.

Also usually the ending cliffhanger wasnt shown in sequence. It could be as someone pointed out, when JDT received the newspaper, there’s a a word failed there. If JDT has escaped from prison, for sure SSR will be the first person to know, unless JDT has people helping to go in & out of prison without alerting anyone.

On 4/4/2021 at 11:01 PM, wildcherry said:

Just finished episode 13, and I’m like :grimace:but again I understand. They need some kind of purpose & reason for 3rd season. Anyway for all his crime & cruelties, lifetime imprisonment is just like a vacation to JDT. Evil guy like him would have his lackey everywhere. And he must have stach some money & assets somewhere, especially illegal money, also to avoid tax.

Anyway, I still believe OYH isn’t the one who kill MSA. Up until now there’s no solid evidence of OYH killing MSA beside her own fuzzy, distorted drunken memory. There wasn’t any solid evidence that shows she was the one who push MSA to her death . None at all. No one witness her on the floor that MSA was killed from. No one see her on the time of MSA death. No cctv recording. And most of all I still confuse, how did drunken OYH managed to be in the residence elevator without residence pass? I thought the place has a very tight security but a drunken woman can freely roam around the building without being captured in the cctv? 

Secondly, we know from past record, OYH has the habit to hallucinate doing things that she actually never did when she’s drunk. This happened when she followed MSA to her part time job, where she hallucinated pushing MSA off the stairs, but in reality OYH was just crouching at one corner until she sober up & overheard MSA being abused by her employer, which prompted her to come forward & defended MSA. Same thing goes on the building, she pass out somewhere around the corner, waking up but still not sober, manage to get herself in elevator & got home. She can’t even walk straight & passing out in between, how could she lifted a girl her size off the balcony when the strong man like JDT failed to do? And if she was sober enough to actually walk straight & push MSA, why didn’t she remember everything that happened after she killed MSA? 

Thirdly, we all know JDT stab RN on her head, and after he thought he had killed RN he did say both MSA & BRN were too easy for him. He feels it was too easy for him killing RN, which also mean it was also easy for him killing SA too.

And I think deep down SSR knows this. But like OYH said, it was the only way to punish all who involved with MSA murder. That’s why she plead for OYH’s pardon.

And about Logan Lee...

A few seconds before the explosion, he seemed to realise what’s going on. He was outside of the car, and from season 1, we know he’s very athletic & moves very fast. He seemed to have noticed something fishy & the explosion wasn’t that big, for an athletic guy to jump a few feet away into the bushes behind him in the explosion.

Also usually the ending cliffhanger wasnt shown in sequence. It could be as someone pointed out, when JDT received the newspaper, there’s a a word failed there. If JDT has escaped from prison, for sure SSR will be the first person to know, unless JDT has people helping to go in & out of prison without alerting anyone.

OK for MSA it's seems like done and dusted because her soul came....but one comment by sbs catch caught my attention which said will MSA appear in season 3 as well first I thought it's just a joke but who knows if there is more to the story 

Edited by joonie oppa
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, joonie oppa said:

Well did any read kim do hyun(sec do) iv he told that his character might be having one sided love towards sj wow now I feel he is going to help her escape 

I agree with this. There is a reason why he appeared when CSJ was entering the prison van. I believe he will help CSJ escape. He did hide any video proof of CSJ committing  involuntary manslaughter. How else are you going to have CSJ back in the show? She was sentenced for 7 years. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I am kind of new here. I am a biggest fan of this drama. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

My prediction is LL will not dead because its only SSR nightmare. He even not comeback from US yet.

The scene they are not show us yet is how SSR feeling towards LL growth bigger and the bomb scene was turning point of that. Because of that dream she realised that she loved him so much. 

And when the day LL return they will rewind the scene in front of JOKOMO and SSR suddenly remember again with her nightmare. So its all SSR flashback from her nightmare.

Other than that they also never show how JDT got out from the jail. Maybe he ran away from prison and the news about it spread all over the country. This make SSR worried too much and causing her to have that kind of nightmare. 

That's what I want to believed right now. Poor my heart still trying to deny LL death.

P/s:sorry I am like still don't get use the tools in this forum and my English was quite bad. Hope u all understand. Have a good day and let's looking forward for season 3...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, abwxyz said:

CSJ's stepmother and stepsister needs to go down the flames as well, CSJ is the devil but her stepmother and stepsister is equally as bad. I think they will face similar ends as CSJ's father (killed by CSJ again, maybe?) or having all their possessions taken off. I really wanted a satisfying conclusions to the Cheong Ah's saga, but it seems won't end pretty.

Is the merger of JK Holdings and Cheong Ah Group still valid? If so, doesn't SSR now own all the assets belonging to JDT? If that is true then SSR technically owns the majority of shares to Cheong Ah Group. She can instate whoever she wants. I wouldn't be surprised in the end, OYH becomes the director of Cheong Ah High School.

18 hours ago, abwxyz said:

Since that nanny is our resident Kang Hee, will she be responsible to more heinous crimes as well just like Kang Hee? (ie. murdering MSA?) but here we have our previous resident housemaid doing big crimes as well (killing SSR / NAG)... this series love its psycho housemaid/nannies trope so much that it have to bring them up twice.

While I agree that she's our resident Kang Hee, I don't think she is the one that killed MSA. Possible, but unlikely. I partially believe that she's EB's birth mother but I'm not too sure. I can also can see her being responsible for heinous crimes that happen in Season 3. I don't think it's murder, but child abduction. She'll end up in prison at the end of Season 3. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Is the merger of JK Holdings and Cheong Ah Group still valid? If so, doesn't SSR now own all the assets belonging to JDT? If that is true then SSR technically owns the majority of shares to Cheong Ah Group. She can instate whoever she wants. I wouldn't be surprised in the end, OYH becomes the director of Cheong Ah High School.

This is a good point. I know we saw the Mom and sister at the trial, but they only insulted CSJ and walked away. They made no mention of Cheong Ah Group. 

I want to say it should be SSR, but I think they'll make up some reason why it is someone else. Or maybe not even bring up either company, because it won't matter next season. The kids won't be at the school anymore. 

• Like 2

On 4/7/2021 at 2:10 PM, abwxyz said:

Some things that I wish or predict will happen for Season 3

Dr Ha is such a weak character, like he betrayed OYH in both seasons! All the revenge effort he set up went down the drain when he betrays OYH and turns his back at RN. I don't get how people are still shipping Yoon-Yoon, it baffled me. But I feel like he would sacrificed himself for EB/CSJ somehow in the last season (?)

At this point, JDT is beyond redeemable that I can only think of put an end to him is by an epic life and death finale fight in season 3, with him vs SSR (or OYH) and probably his kids as well, since both of them now despise him too. We already see prison & life sentence does not work for him; he has moles everywhere and can easily bypass it.

In this area, JDT (and some members of Hera gang) is way worse than Kang Hee and Empress dowager was in TLE - both of them practically finished after they got their sentence. JDT does not. Will season 3's main plotline be Hera gang's revenge to SSR and OYH? Because to be honest, I don't see JDT, CSJ, and especially that lawyer repenting for their sins. Jenny's mom also turns out to be worse that we thought in season 2 - all she cared is Jenny being bullied. Her husband is yet to see, but he also seems to hid evil intentions ...

Finally, for the series itself more deaths.

I sounds bloodthirsty here lol but after seeing season 2 and all the resurrection plot fiasco, it seems that writer-nim somehow trying to ponder to all the viewer's ships and pairings, which to be honest for me sacrificed the tensions that been building since season 1 a lot.

I'm watching this show with GOT-like lens in mind, which means I expected lots of blood, death, and betrayal, because that's exactly what writer-nim has set up since episode 1 (since the first 3 minutes intro, even). If I want to watch pairings and romantic ships, I'd watch other show like Startup or True Beauty, but not this show ... So imagine how disappointed I am when I see they resurrect Rona after seeing her head stuck by the trophy and her oxygen tank being cut off, just to serve shipping fan's purposes :) 

But the problem is you can't expect Korean national public TV network to air a bloodbath-gruesome-GOT-like show. Besides KSO's shows have the same and recognizable pattern and even the characters of this show share similar traits and personality with the characters of KSO's previous shows. And as the others said, basically, Penthouse is just The World of the Married and Sky Castle on Steroid, it gains fame and attention because it's makjang-esque, overdramatic and ridiculous.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, luvjkpop 07 said:

Regarding S3 , response from SBS

So Ep 12 for S3 will be special ep? I thought original Ep 12. but since this is what SBS shared, I guess we will know when they start broadcast & filming

I think S2 got one of S3's episodes. OYH's suicide ending while SSR standing holding onto the letter seemed like the cliffhanger that would lead us into Season 3.  I heard each episode in Season 3 was 2 hours long

• Like 2

RN is a better person than i am because i would have used SH to destroy SK and EB, i wouldn't even have defended jenny or gone back to korea for a trophy. I would have beaten jenny, SK,EB and minhyuk up numerous times

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Songbae said:

RN is a better person than i am because i would have used SH to destroy SK and EB, i wouldn't even have defended jenny or gone back to korea for a trophy. I would have beaten jenny, SK,EB and minhyuk up numerous times

yeah right, can't deny that SR and RN are good people BUT the facts that SR treasures the children of her enemy more than anything and RN risked her life to earn the trophy for a dead person that she never met are just hilarious and unrealistic af. I probably wouldn't be able to hate SK/SH if I was SR if I had to take care of them for nearly 18 years as a stepmom, but I wouldn't be able to  love the twins unconditionally either after  I found out that they abused my own biological daughter, not to mention that SK was still a brat. I guess I'm just a normal human being tho. :fearful:

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, LightFurie111 said:

RN risked her life to earn the trophy for a dead person that she never met are just hilarious and unrealistic af.

RN felt guilty for taking MSA's place after finding out that her mom pushed her off the edge. She was trying to make amends in her own way by winning the trophy for MSA.    

• Like 4

From the hidden room special it seems it will be a man who will die in season 3. When the hosts were talking about the script on the person coming out of the Hera statue, even though they were lying in order not to spoil, the only hint is that it is a man that will die. And also I saw a leaked script on Twitter and it seems it’s actually a man and the time skip will be 3 yrs

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

From the hidden room special it seems it will be a man who will die in season 3. When the hosts were talking about the script on the person coming out of the Hera statue, even though they were lying in order not to spoil, the only hint is that it is a man that will die. And also I saw a leaked script on Twitter and it seems it’s actually a man and the time skip will be 3 yrs

It's joo Dan tae according to the leaked script ssr fainted after seeing his corpse 

But the things r going so repetitive now

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kboramint said:

RN felt guilty for taking MSA's place after finding out that her mom pushed her off the edge. She was trying to make amends in her own way by winning the trophy for MSA.    

The problem is that excuse didn't sound convincing  because RN didn't even meet MSA at all and didn't form a bond with SA to make her come back sounds reasonable, that's why there're a lot of people on twitter and insta who said RN shouldn't come back and her decision was reckless, she could ruin her mom's revenge plan etc

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kboramint said:

I like RN and i understand why she went back but i would have never gone back.  Those kids are monsters 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Songbae said:

I like RN and i understand why she went back but i would have never gone back.  Those kids are monsters 

I agree. Its one of those things where if these were normal people who would just be competitive then sure go and win the trophy. However, these people are dangerous and some of them crazy. That is putting your life at risk for a trophy, that's a big nope for me. 

• Like 4

I know JAKOMO is a real furniture brand and they probably enjoy the product placement in the drama, but you have to wonder if they were keen on the idea that someone got blown up in a explosion in front of their flagship/factory store on their parking lot.

Buy a JAKOMO sofa while you watch Shim SuRyeon scream in pain looking at a car fire on our parking lot. LOL. 

11 hours ago, LightFurie111 said:

She could ruin her mom's revenge plan etc

What was her mom's plans anyway? Ruin CSJ's singing career by becoming a ghost singer? Ruin the engagement of JDT and CSJ?  Have a psycho nanny get closer to EB? In the end, she and Logan Lee basically collaborated with the nanny and somewhat took part in child abduction without even knowing. What was OYH and HYC really doing prior to RN returning? 

• Like 2