[Drama 2020] Elegant Friends/Graceful Friends, 우아한 친구들

larus

wow, never thought of this drama is so good, it  got me hooked i  missed  Song Yung ah fisrt saw at Hotelier since then i became a fan. :love:. Last part episode 8 when she is crying she misses her mom at hit me hard i reaaly cried with her and im hating the husband. (he should have brought her home why stayed at the bar :rage:)

• Like 2

On 8/4/2020 at 2:39 PM, larus said:

@larus   But I don`t think Jung Hae is the type of person to do that but who knows? ... I agree with you with JungHae . I think she took those picture just to warn or scare the professor not to hurt HS but it got out of hand but still HS has an affair with the professor. So GC is not the first man she slept with right? with the scandal GC still with HS in his military days?

I want to know how GC fell in love with JH. HS is his 1st love and seems that he is head over heels with her to the point after seeing the photo he angrily went to the prof offce.  BTW who is MS fist love? its either HS or JH?

I love Kang KJ her characters is so cool wife and mom. hate the hubby such a loser. BUt she will faint if she will find out who is son's girlfriend:)

JaeHoon love for JH is obsession he cant move on

• Like 3

I went to bed thinking that surely that ep10 would be subbed. Wrong.  So, I found ep10 subbed somewhere else.  Ep10 is less boring when subbed.

I've been trying to find a timeline for this drama. When is the beginning and when is the present.  Beginning is surely 1995. Present is around Sept 2019.  When did GC go into the military? And how old are these people? GC said to his doctor buddy,  "Jung Jae is almost 50".

But she just had a birthday. So, she's 49 now.

May contain spoilers. I'm not going to blank it out, so, cover your eyes if you don't want to see.

It appears that Kang San set up the director like he did Jung Jae. This happened 6 yrs ago. Now, I know Kang San was older than 20 when he died. For those here who had the theory that he was somebody's love child. Strike that out. Strike out "that woman" at the funeral. She must be around 30ish. Ae Ra could be a love child. 

Jung Hae got promoted to professor thanks to Jae Hoon. But her husband got fired/quit from his job because he was making waves into his boss taking out loans under other people names. That's how some people take care of their problems. Your fired!

Spoiler

Dialog between GC and HS at her bar: HS to GC, "why would I hate you? you didn't do anything wrong to me. I went and slept with you when you didn't want to, and I ran away, although you said you'll take responsibility." GC to HS, "Then why are you doing this?"  HS to GC, "because of your wife, Nam Jeong-hae." GC to HS, "what about Jung hae? what did she ever do to you?" HS to GC, "do you know the horrible atrocity she has commited? do you know who many lives she has ruined with what she did?" GC to HS, "tell me. tell me about the horrible atrocity she has committed. I need to know"  HS to GC, "the one...The one who spread the photos of me and Professor Han going to a hotel was Jeong-hae! Because of that, Professor Han died, and his wife tried to kill herself!"   fade out.

Jae-hoon's ex  while house cleaning is wondering why Jae hoon has 6 security cameras around the apartment and she also by accident stumbles in to his secret hide out place.

There's more. But I'll stop here.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Things revealed in 10th episode are confirmation of many speculations which were going on. WHAT I AM GONNA WRITE AHEAD MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS.

1. Jae Hoon is the mystery guy who had set up Kang San as we see his ex entering the secret room with same laptop and table.

2. Jae Hoon has been the one sending flowers to Jung Hae's clinic on her birthdays. 

What i could not figure out was the reaction Jung Hae gave after realizing that. The night before too she thought about things he said. Is she having second thoughts about him? or maybe trying to figure out what is he upto.

The other thing which we come to know is that Hae Sook is sick which could be tumor or cancer as the medicine Eun-Sil found in her kitchen is for severe pains which is usually prescribed to cancer or tumor patients. Looks like Hae Sook might be goner and that's why she came to be with her friends in her last days. 

Now what i think about all that has happened. We clearly know that Jung Hae always had crush on Goong Chul and from what i observed Goong Chul also had crush on her, but Hae Sook sort of forced herself on him which led to him having feelings for her. She even confessed in the 10th episode that she was the one who wanted to sleep with with him being reluctant. I guess Jung Hae in order to forget Goong Chul accepted Jae Hoon but realized that he is not the person she can live with. 

Also having a hand in professor's death and his wife's suicide I think she went into depression due to guilt as she never thought her actions would lead to those events. That's why we see her attempt suicide while in US with Jae Hoon carrying her to hospital. I think even Jae Hoon's obsessive behavior had some role in it too, but what we know she was never happy with Jae Hoon. After sometime when she met Goong Chul he must have had some feelings left for or maybe developed those feelings and as someone said before in this forum she found solace while being with him.

I also don't think she distributed those photos in order to tarnish Hae Sook's image. Also i feel like she wasn't the one who distributed them. Maybe she showed it to someone and that person spread them. 

I think Man Sik is the one who killed the professor and was also feeling depressed because of that guilt. That's why i think he and Jung Hae both took care of that professor's wife. When Jung Hae told to Hae Sook she already paid plenty for her actions, I guess she meant it. In my opinion Jung Hae is just hiding certain secrets for the sake of others. 

What actually has got me confused is the preview of the next episode. We hear Jae Hoon telling (probably to Goong Chul) about his relationship with Jung Hae. Also Goong Chul mentioning the about her secret with Jae Hoon with Jung Hae (Thats what i figured out with my limited Korean understanding, please do tell if you could understand what they actually said thoughtout the preview). But the main points of the preview were 

1. Jung Hae in a hotel room opening the door for Jae Hoon with him entering the room. I sort don't want to go to conclusions with this one as we know same sort of scene was shown for 3rd or 4th episode. And we all know Jung Hae knows what kind of a guy Jae Hoon is.

2. The most shocking scene was where we see Goong Chul kissing Hae Sook. For this too i am at loss of words we don't know what lead him to it. What i know is that things are gonna go downhill from now on. Are going to see another child going crazy because of his parents complicated relationships like we did in World of married? 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@Night_Owl nothings surprises me. I'm laughing after seeing this. Here's the site with the video. Don't know how to just get the preview video.

http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/trailer/pr10011197/pm10059340/vo10398

468/view

I'm working on going over episodes to get clues. And yes, another kid is going to be hurt. I feel that Kang San has an accomplice other than the urology doctor.  Namely, his male lover. Kang San threatened to leak her photos to important people in her family. One being her husbands company. As as I can see, that's one reason why that scumbag boss of GC said he fired him. Kang San also said that he would ruin her son (ep4, 34:35), "his life will be ruined like mine!"

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@brooksmom I have watched the preview online, i am just unable to find a subbed version of it to figure out more from it. It's just that things seem to get more complicated and to be going as per Jae Hoon's plans. We see him entering the hotel room (whose door was opened by Jung Hae) with a wine bottle in his hands.

Also Kang San seemed to have some personal level problem with either Jung Hae or Goong Chul, he seemed to act too haughtily in front of them and yes that threat seemed a lot personal to me, which made me think that maybe he was that professor's son who got sent to orphanage after his mother tried to commit suicide and ended up mentally unstable. He did cross some lines which led Jae Hoon to slap him and finally dispose him off. 

I remember Goong Chul asking Jae Hoon whether he was the one who killed him in 9th episodes preview but it was not in both 9th and 10th episodes. The only thing i hate about this drama is that previews show events of like atleast 3 episodes and most of important ones end up being from scenes of the third episode. Like i feel like we won't be seeing the hotel scene and Goong Chul kissing Hae Sook in the next weeks episodes, at least one of them belongs to the 13th episode. 

I also feel really sorry for the kid if he ends up being hurt in these complications. At least in world of married we had one bad party (his father) who he could blame and had his mother to stay with him and sort of support (which she really sucked at). What i mean is there was an actual and valid reason for their separation and he had also sort of realized that coming. But here in this case everything is gonna hit the kid suddenly. Neither Jae Hoon nor Hae Sook are gonna be suitable step parents for him. Also Jung Jae has got a very serious PTSD problems and is suicidal and not to mention Goong Chul who in my opinion has been sort of stupid. 

Goong Chul might end up with Hae Sook but i highly doubt Jung Hae's gonna end up with Jae Hoon. She sort of has ideas that Jae Hoon is trying to use Hae Sook to seduce her husband and is quite worried about that. Also she did have a failed relationship with him where she said he was quite obsessive and not to mention she witnessing him talking to his sex partner. But yeah if ends up knowing about Goong Chul kissing/sleeping with Hae Sook, she might not go to extreme lengths in order to get back at Goong Chul. 

Whatever be the thing, I just don't like things going according to Jae Hoon's plans. I believe if Hae Sook really does love Goong Chul she should not try to destroy his family which she is doing. that's why i think she does not have feelings for him, she just wants to take revenge from Jung Hae by destroying her everything. I really wanted things to not go Jae Hoon's way despite him trying too much. Although his ex-wife does seem like a wild card which can cause troubles for him. 

Edited by Night_Owl
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

@Night_Owl  It's so easy to be confused because that's how this drama is written. Smoke and mirrors kinda thing.  In this preview, what is for real and what is not. Jung Jae opening the door for Jae Hoon, and him entering with a botte of wine is his kind of wish come true. So far, she has not been unfaithful to GC. Hae Sook appears to be in a lot  physical pain in the preview. And Goong Chul looks like he's trying to comfort her :kiss_wink::kiss_wink: , although clumsily. He's not used to being unfaithful.  He's a virgin in this regards. I could say something about her but I won't go there. past tense.

@Night_Owl Just saw your edited post. Thanks for jumping in and posting. There are a lot of viewers but few posters.

@chickfactor Thanks for the trivia. I'm with you regarding GC telling Man-sik's widow that she shouldn't worry about Jung Jae, that that woman was the only person in the world he could confide in for comfort. I also think GC is trying too hard to be a likeable person and is starting to unravel.

• Like 4

Still don't understand why these people don't call a lawyer when being interrogated by the police for suspicion of murder. Just emphatically stating that you didn't kill someone is completely meaningless, people.

This show tonally all over the place for me. Jae-Hoon's ex-wife is supposed to be comic relief, I guess, because goofy music plays when she is on screen. But then it immediately gets dour and tragic whenever you see Jeong-Hae or Hae-Sook. Also don't enjoy the trope that Jae-Hoon married a fat ugly wife who stuffs her face (for money, I suppose?) and she transformed into a skinny beauty for him.

Did not love how Goong-Cheol had to tell Man-Sik's wife that he sought comfort in confiding his problems to the old lady in the nursing home and made her cry. Dude, he is dead. Goong-Cheol did not need to tell her that and hurt her feelings. Just unnecessary.

He really seems to be one of those guys who thinks he is so good and just, but mostly, he's just trying too hard. I love this actor, but I cannot warm to this character - or really, anyone.

Except Kyeong-Ja, who continues to be the coolest.

Goong-Cheol should just report his boss for all those illegal loans. He got fired anyway, what does he care? (Trivia: Chicken company boss actor is married to actress playing Man-Sik's wife who didn't move to Canada after all.)

• Like 6
  • Love 1

@brooksmom yeah you are right the previews are sometimes misleading. I did think same about the hotel scene and don't know how many times watched it to somewhat figure out whether its the same scene or not and i still could not. It does look like Jung Hae opened the door looks up....scene changes to Jae Hoon looking back at a woman opening a door and then scene changes again and we see him entering the room holding a wine. It can be like Jung Hae opening door for someone else and Jae Hoon entering a hotel room with another woman.

It is so smartly shown if they are different scenes. I mean countless times i paused and saw and in both scenes we get to see the man's or woman's blurred back head. Jae Hoon and Goong Chul's hairstyle is somewhat similar when seen from back. and as for the woman we just get a glimpse of her hair and can't say who it is. But when i see the backgound, it does look like it is Jae Hoon entering and Jung Hae opening. But you never know and even if it is the case, it does not necessarily mean she is gonna sleep with him. We saw Kyung Ja entering the hotel room with that director and i believe all of us know that she didn't sleep with him. We'll have to wait for that.

As for Goong Chul's kiss scene with Hae Sook, his cheeks look a bit red which i guess means that he is drunk and is acting based on that. Might also have consoled a bit wrongly as you pointed out. 

Also about Kang San's accomplice which is most likely his male lover. I guess that guy was the one who was taking photos of Jung Hae and stalking her. We do see Jae Hoon receiving the photos of Kang San correcting Jung Hae's stance in golf classes. 

@chickfactor the reason they don't call a lawyer is sometimes because they are scared and anxious. In this drama both Jung Hae and Goong Chul were doing it in order to protect their significant other and didn't really thought the need of a lawyer as they claimed to have murdered. But in case of the Hyun woo that guy looked really scared and sometimes when you have nothing to hide you don't call lawyer.

But if we remember there is one person who called his brother and asked him to introduce him to the best lawyer of his law firm. Yes, it is Jae Hoon. This guy looked shady from start but I thought they just wanted audience to think like that. They did use the same trick with the male doctor in World of Married; showed him to be spying but then we come to know he actually cared for the fmc. But i was proved wrong in this regard. I do think that if Hae Sook is terminally ill and going to die, she might end up not following Jae Hoon's plans. 

But yeah Goong Chul does sometimes look like a double faced guy who shows himself a just and good guy but is not really that good of a person. He does feel like pretending sometimes. 

Edited by Night_Owl
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Timeline

2019    August 24th     Kang San killed

2004    Ahn Yoo-bin born      He is Goong chul and Jung jae's 15 yr old son

2003    Jung Jae pregnant

2003    Jung Jae suicide attempt in USA

1995     University theatre club Phoenix - Goong chul club president 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@brooksmom i'm nearly 100% sure that it will not go that way, but what do you think are the chances that Yoo-bin is actually Jae Hoon's son and not Goong Chul's?  

I also think that Goong Chul's military services were after the Prof's murder. We know that Hae Sook was arrested for that but she was then released for it as i think there was no conclusive evidence against her. She being on a run was actually a rumor. What i think is that something caused her to suddenly leave Goong Chul, but he does not hold grudges against her for that. Maybe it has got something to do with Jung Hae's father. we know that she already hated that guy even when she was friend of Jung Hae. What also intrigues me is the fact that the Prof's murder case has been buried. Which is said to be done by someone powerful, which only could be Jae Hoon and Jung Hae. 

Also I don't understand why did Jae Hoon wait so long to make his moves in tearing apart Goong Chul and Jung Hae. As for Hae Sook i already said that she does seem to have terminal disease and must have thought to spend her last moments with her friends and was brought into this plan by Jae Hoon. 

Jae Hoon and Jung Hae's engagement could also have happened because of their families. But i still believe she accepted Jae Hoon because she wanted to forget Goong Chul. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@Night_Owl a lot of the numbers they throw at us are confusing but the dates I put on my last post are solid. There is no denying it happened then. The  confusing dates are:

Their 20 yr old friendship - is more like 24 yr friendship.

GC and JH have been married 15 yrs. Their son is 15 yrs. And I don't remember seeing a baby bump yet at their wedding.  More like they've been married 16 yrs.

GC is 45 yrs and Man-sik was 44 yrs.  The two guys might have pointed this out during their conversation that GC was older. 

Another  thing that has me wondering is how long had Man-sik been seeing the professors wife. The photo they show of the two together on her night stand - the woman appears a lot younger than her old woman self(ep3, 34:35). Maybe that's how she sees herself next to Man-sik. The caregiver said he's been going there for several years - Jung hae says 2 yrs. 

Jung hae's dad said this is the second time he's given her 500,000 as a favor. This time she gave it back since she didn't need it anymore since Kang san was dead. But what did she do with 500,000 the first time. You can't count going to school abroad since being from a wealthy family she would have done this anyway. She didn't give it to Hae Sook. Maybe medical expenses for the professor's widow. Ep7

Shot gun wedding. Jung hae is gone for one month. Dumps the soon to be doctor boyfriend. Plans an elaborate wedding. I want to know what happened in that one month not before.

What was on their mind: 

Spoiler

GC:    "My life may have started to fall apart the day I first met Jung hae in college."

Spoiler

Man-sik was sing this before his death;

I feel like you might return

I watch you until you disappear from my sight

I won't change anything

Everything will remain the same as it is now

So that even if you return out of the blue,

nothing will feel strange to you

It doesn't matter when or where

If you come back looking for me,

I ask myself to not get tired 

and ask myself to never change.

what do you think @joccu, @Samuel Yohanes, @larus

• Like 5

@brooksmom as far as the number of years are concerned, yes there has been some inconsistencies in them or maybe we are just confused. Yes Jung Hae would have a baby bump if she was pregnant during the marriage so we can rule out Jae Hoon being the father (although I had said that i was nearly sure that it wasn't the matter). As for saying 20 years friendship, i think they just round it off, it might be like "we have been friends for more than 20 years".

We know that Man Sik was a pure soul type of guy. He must have felt guilty because of killing the professor and also about the events that followed it, maybe the one which led to his wife's suicide and mental instability. So yeah chances are he has been going to her and serving her as a caretaker and seeing doing that as his redemption. And yes I think Jung Hae asked her father for favor regarding the Prof's wife. Like asking him to get her admitted in the nursing home and pay for her fees. 

I guess we all know that she actually had feelings for Goong Chul right from the start. And same was the case with him. I went through all the scenes of past and it is quite evident that Goong Chul liked Jung Hae and not Hae Sook. Right from scene one when he first saw her (we see him practicing what he wants to say to her) to the scene where they are on beach and Hae Sook is singing, we see Goong Chul looking at Jung Hae. And when Hae Sook proposed Goong Chul he did say he liked someone else and still she kind of forced herself on him and kissed him (so maybe we can say that Hae Sook was actually the first one to steal Goong Chul away from Jung Hae) and the second time Hae Sook herself confesses that she was the one who wanted to sleep with and he reluctant and he proposed her because he wanted to take responsibility for what happened.  

About the shotgun wedding. I guess during that one month Jung Hae met Goong Chul (maybe in his village), they confirmed their feelings for each other and started dating and maybe during that time Goong Chul proposed to marry and she accepted. What i want to say is before marrying people date to know about each other but maybe in this case they skipped that part because they sort of knew about each other (we know Jung Hae didn't tell them about her family) and maybe she thought her family would oppose it as Goong Chul was not from rich family and just pushed the marriage before her family would know. 

As for what Goong Chul said about his life started falling apart after meeting Jung Hae, I guess that is just indication to everything is gonna go downhill completely. I mean in the coming episode he is gonna come to know about Jung Hae and Jae Hoon's relationship too or atleast get an idea about it. Well in the drama trailer we do see Jung Hae throwing wine on Hae Sook in a gathering, so I guess she's gonna get some idea about what happens between her and Goong Chul. 

About the song Man Sik sings before dying, I guess he thinks about Hae Sook while singing it. 

What I want to know is, the timeline of photos being spread. We see in the scene Man Sik speaking to Prof and he threatens him about him telling everyone in school about it. What I think is Jung Hae showed those photos to the friends, I mean these 5 friends or maybe some of them in order to see what they can do for which then makes Man Sik go to the Prof. If that's case, then maybe the one who spread those is actually someone else and not Jung Hae. Because the scene in which we see people coming and showing those photos, the friends they don't seem shocked by it neither Goong Chul (who was dating her at that time) and not Jae Hoon, they rather look a bit worried, but yeah they talk as if Prof was alive at that time.

And maybe Jung Hae showed those photos to the friends other than Goong Chul (maybe because he was dating her by then, but one of the friends informs him about it), the photos get spread by someone (which i don't think Jung Hae is and suspect one of the friends to be behind it) which leads Man Sik to Prof and after that we know what happens. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

20 hours ago, brooksmom said:

what do you think

I think you made an accurate observation. I don`t think we have to know the exact age. They are in mid 40s, that`s for sure.

I am also curious why she run away and break up with Jae Hoon. It was abvious that she liked Goong chul and not Jae hoon. Maybe they became a couple because she needed comfort but run away because she realised that she won`t love Jae Hoon or won`t have a future together.

I read somewhere that some people thought that Jae Hoon and Jung Jae are alike. I also agree that their personalities are alike. Both are introverts and they are not warm persons. They don`t show their feelings very often. Goong-Chul and Hae sook are their oposites.

But now Jung Jae and Goong chul are a couple and I think they love each other very much. I want to see them resolving their problems.

19 hours ago, Night_Owl said:

I went through all the scenes of past and it is quite evident that Goong Chul liked Jung Hae and not Hae Sook. Right from scene one when he first saw her (we see him practicing what he wants to say to her) to the scene where they are on beach and Hae Sook is singing, we see Goong Chul looking at Jung Hae.

I think when they were on the beach it was Jae Hoon who looked at Jung Jae and not Goong chul.

We know that Jung Jae liked Goong chul and maybe he liked her back but we know that all the boys had a crush on Hae Sook. They were very young and it was their first experiences with romantic love. It is normal that they don`t have a very good idea what they want. 

I do not agree with you that Hae Sook forced herself on Goong Chul. Forced herself on him? Yes, she was the one who took initiative in the relationship and good for her. Being assertive is good. It doesn`t matter if Jung Hae liked him first or whatever. It was not like they were in a relationship and Hae sook seduced Goong chul to break them up.

I do believe that being popular in colleage did not mean that Hae Sook was an easy woman. Sure, she was probably the first one that sexual predators (like the professor) will choose and probably there was a lot of rumors about her. I can see that she is in part responsable for those rumors but she did not make a capital crime. Jung Hae took those pictures not because she was concern about her friend. But I don`t believe that Jung Hae showed intentionally the pictures in the campus to discredit Hae sook either.  I believe someone else saw the pictures and took them and showed them to the group and later the rumor started spreading.

The professor`s death left lot of pain and guilt in everyone involved. It was better if everything was investigated properly and the truth should have been discovered. Just like now. The truth behind Kang san `s death has to be discovered. The friends have concealed the truth then but now they should tell the truth and let the police do their job.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@larus i checked the beach scene once again, if you check the scene in 8th episode from 50:12 onward we do see Goong Chul looking at Jung Hae while her eyes are closed and slightly smiling at her. Also when he did say he likes someone else when Hae Sook asked to go out, she went ahead and kissed him. You are right that they were young and it could have been Goong Chul's first kiss and he may have thought to take responsibility for that or may have started to see Hae Sook differently and goes ahead to date Hae Sook after sometime. What I meant when i said forced herself was that she forced her way (when he said he liked someone else, she went ahead and kissed him. Slept with him when he didn't want to). Yes it does not mean that she stole him away from anyone and no one blames her for that. I still don't think that Hae Sook has got feelings for Goong Chul. What I think is that she just wants to take revenge on Jung Hae.

Also about the similarity between Jae Hoon and Jung Hae is very much evident. I mean they both are are cold and don't express feelings much and well both their father had issues with moms and so they are not much close to their father. But as a wife I believe she was a warm person for Goong Chul, you can see that in the first episode. I guess this personality trait of her has made her hide certain secrets which were not supposed to be hidden, but she did it to protect others (maybe). Both she and Goong Chul know about Man Sik being the murderer, but I don't think anyone of them let Man Sik know about it. 

As for the photos being circulated, I sort of suspect one of the friends to be behind it. Chun Bok or Hwung Woo could the ones who did it (not intentionally but it sort of spread by them by mistake). I was also a bit suspicious of the Prof's death, like i wanted to believe it was not Man Sik who did it. But after seeing the two scenes (in the first one when he fights the Prof and runs out of his room and the second scene where see him running out of room and Jung Hae seeing the Prof dead) I think it was him only. But you never know. There is reason that the case is not in the police database and has been buried, so there might be more to it. This thing makes one believe that either Jung Hae or Jae Hoon are part of this murder. 

What I really want to know is why after all these year Jae Hoon decided to pull off a plan like this. I mean we know he is a meticulous person and must have planned it very well and up ahead, but after 15 years doing something like this. I don't know what he wants to achieve. Of course by bringing in Hae Sook he may want to show to Jung Hae that since Goong Chul cheated on her (what he really wants), she leaving him for a guy like Goong Chul was never a good choice. I mean given the situation going on, Jung Hae has got some idea that Jae Hoon is behind somethings like giving money to Goong Chul so he can give it to Hae Sook, and she does not know that Jae Hoon didn't have good intentions while doing that. So even if his plan does get successful, I don't see Jung Hae moving on to him. I guess if that happens we might see another World of Married sort of situation where she would leave Goong Chul and live with her child.

The drama does not look to be going in a good direction, by that mean a happy ending which I guess many wanted but few believed that we would get. Hae Sook has got a terminal disease, we see her groaning in pain while holding her head, maybe brain tumor. Chun Bok has vascular dimentia after which life expectancy becomes 5 years after diagnosis. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Wow guys sorry i just catch up because my wifi is broken.

Lots of new info for ep 10

I like all your guys thoughts and theories and happy to see the thread alive because i thought nobody watch this great drama.

First of all 

The line for who is right or wrong in this drama is already thin enough.

About hae sook going to Gong chul wedding. I still curious who tell her about the wedding. It means someone still connected with her when she ran away from the other ( most likely jae hun )  

Here is the thing. 

So i guess what happen is 

1. The professor incident, hae sook become suspected ( it doesnt help that gong chul save manshik but it cost hae sook to be the one got suspected ) 

2. She got released because lack of evidence but her reputation has tarnished

3. After a few time, gong chul goes to military and then jung hae and jaehyun transfer to USA while other stay in korea. 

4. In the break, the scene where gong chul and hae sook sleep together for the first time. After that hae sook is gone. 

5. And then the suicide attempt happen in usa. Still dont know why but i guess she come back home after that to korea. 

6. They had engagement ( i had a feeling it is a arrange marriage between two strong family ) but jung hae who dont feels alive with it decide to run away for one month. 

7. In that run away she met Gong chul again after he finish military. He still heartbroken after hae sook gone without a words and Jung hae who desperate to run away from jaehyun. The two broken soul meet together and voila somehow someway they got marriage plan in less than 1 month ( possible marriage gun ) 

8. You still see the regret from gong chul when he meet with hae sook. Maybe he regret that he broke his promise to marry her but she told him.its fine. 

While jaehyun always stay in revenge for jung hae broke her engagement with him. 

Will continue later

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

by the way, I did this post before reading your post  Believe me, if you were the only one posting, a lot people read your post. They're under the radar viewers. Maybe no keyboard, or only have time to read.@Samuel Yohanes:kiss_wink:

I guess it doesn't matter who GC loved first. If he and Jung hae break up, they  break up. Jung hae takes the kid and GC can ride off into the sunset with whomever. Maybe he'll go fishing or try to climb Mount Everest  Then he can add to his first saying of "it all started when I met Jung hae in college" to "and now I have peace."

Kang san murder will be  solved and so will the professors. Jae Hoon will get back together with his ex now that she's skinny. Hyung woo will stay with his wife.  Eun-sil will continue to dye Choon-bok's hair black and give him facial beauty treatments twice a week. The older lady at the nursing home will continue to be sad because she misses Man-sik.  No one will go to prison cause it was Man-sik who caused the professors death.  Kang san was prolly killed by his male lover when he saw him trying to rape Jung hae when he was hiding in the closet.

@Night_OwlI didn't see Married Couple cause I had already seen Doctor Foster on Netflix. I took a peak now and then at the Korean version. The Korean actress was much better than the British actress. And the kid fared worse in Doctor Foster than the kid in the Korean version. Have not seen Intimate Strangers. Back to Jae Hoon. I think his ex is trying to fatten him up. She makes and serves him so much food.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

@brooksmom that could be considered a perfect ending but I believe even you know that its not gonna end so easily. I guess there is more mystery to Kang San's death than the Prof's. The fact that the murder scene was cleaned perfectly and no fingerprints were found and even the body was moved to bathroom, I do believe that a meticulous person like Jae Hoon is somewhat involved in it. We know he was the guy behind Kang San and also has got his mobile and laptop, so for me he is more likely to be murderer than the male lover. The fact that we see him slapping Kang San he not reacting against it, Kang San did divert from the plan and his attempt to rape Jung Hae could have triggered Jae Hoon when he was in closet. The timing of Jung Hae confessing to murder, Jae Hoon coming to know about it and Goong Chul getting the video sort of adds more reasons that point Jae Hoon to be murderer. Him meeting the most successful lawyer of his brother's law firm adds more to it. But you never know we could have been misled by the writers. 

Don't know about Jae Hoon going back to his ex-wife, but she is gonna cause problems and annoy him like hell :joy:

This drama seems to be like a mixture of Misty and intimate strangers with more twists and characters. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wait a minute....

Isnt that gong chul and jung hae kids is close to gong chul rather than jung hae?

I mean if you see the interaction it feels like gong chul is closer to his son rather than jung hae

I dont want to make a false judgement but i just got that feeling.

Also no love for chun book? He got Damn Dementia ffs. It is virtually a death sentence for him. I cant imagine her wife and kids reaction after hearing that :(

Also hyung woo and his son actually has motivd to kill kang san too although it unlikely but you never know. 

For that ending @brooksmom I think it is possible but i wont bet on it. 

my bet is 1 more of the 5 friends will die. Hae sook had her peace with jung hae. And gong chul+jung hae hold on from all the trouble they got. 

Also i am curious what jaehyun ex wife supposes to do. It seems that everyone know her. Would it be a good point for jung hae to make jaehyun stop bothering her? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1