[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

11 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

You seriously can’t blame me :joy: But so far I actually think only sound from 3rd teaser have a chance to be an actual OST. Maybe even that ones from coloring webtoon gifs, but a very slim chance. 
Since they’re not giving us anything more meaningful than we already know about (or don’t want to know about lol)  - partially because it’s hard with existing already source material - I need to hypothesize at least about something lol And since I really like most promotional tracks, why not :lol:

How about the 1st teaser? I like it very much. I want to hear the full version of it. Despite just a short amount of time in the teaser, it's successfully stuck in my head now :lol:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:

D-15

JTBC announced event. But as I understand it’s only for Koreans. Date of event between 16-19 January and 4 winners will be announced (DM) 23th January. 

Yeah, something like DanBam opening celebration i guess. Comment with unique phrase in the style of humor, sense (slang for ability in quick wit) or drip (ad lib) are welcome. The selected winners will be given a wreath certified polaroid(?) That's what i understand :D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Anjalifairy said:

Yeah, something like DanBam opening celebration i guess. Comment with unique phrase in the style of humor, sense (slang for ability in quick wit) or drip (ad lib) are welcome. The selected winners will be given a wreath certified polaroid(?) That's what i understand :D

I kinda wonder if they will ever open DanBam place for customers, (the one) that they used for shooting;)

• Like 4

Park Seo Joon And Kim Da Mi Are Ready To Take On The World In Main Poster For “Itaewon Class”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Itaewon Class” has unveiled its main poster!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Itaewon Class” is a new drama about young people brought together by their stubbornness, passion, and youthful bravado. Within the narrow streets of Itaewon, they begin their own fledgling revolt against an unreasonable society as they chase after their dreams and the freedom to live according to their own unique perspectives.

Park Seo Joon will star in the drama as Park Sae Roy, a passionate entrepreneur who is uncompromising in the face of injustice and corruption. Armed only with his convictions and his anger over the death of his father, Park Sae Roy bursts onto the Itaewon scene and boldly goes up against the food industry conglomerate Jang Ga in the process.

Kim Da Mi will star opposite Park Seo Joon as Jo Yi Seo, a social media star described as a “sociopath with a high IQ.” The brilliant and ruthless Jo Yi Seo eventually teams up with Park Sae Roy as the manager of his gastropub Dan Bam.

On January 17, the upcoming drama released its main poster featuring its two leads. Dressed casually in black, the two characters stand tall against the backdrop of Itaewon, looking confident and self-assured as they prepare to take on the world. The poster’s caption boldly declares, “I want to live a life in which you can’t put a price on your convictions.”

Itaewon-Class.jpeg

Both co-stars both spoke highly of one another, with Park Seo Joon sharing, “We work really well together, almost as if we’ve known each other for a long time, so I’m enjoying filming. [Kim Da Mi] is doing such a flawless job portraying the charms of her character Jo Yi Seo that I think we’ve developed a natural and comfortable chemistry.”

Kim Da Mi similarly praised Park Seo Joon’s acting, commenting, “I can see Park Sae Roy’s strength in Park Seo Joon’s gaze. When we act together, I really feel that I’ve become Jo Yi Seo. [Park Seo Joon] is very considerate on set, which allows me to focus on my acting.”

The producers of “Itaewon Class” remarked, “The unique combination of Park Seo Joon and Kim Da Mi gives [the drama] a new charm that’s different from the original webtoon. The two actors have completely transformed into a real-life Park Sae Roy and Jo Yi Seo, and you can safely look forward to their chemistry, which has exceeded our expectations.”

“Itaewon Class” will premiere on January 31 at 10:50 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

credit: soompi

• Like 3

1. They keep saying all the casts have their own new charm that is different from original webtoon hence they keep raising my expectation soaring high :tears:

2. PSJ and KDM praising each other makes me feel emotional lol :'))) (I know all lead roles are supposed to do that)

3. Just like JTBC caption, this drama might be full of swag B)

Okay, that's what i wanna say.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Son Hyun-joo to Make Special Appearance in "Itaewon Class" for Park Seo-joon

photo1093248.png

Son Hyun-joo is starring in the new JTBC drama "Itaewon Class".

He will be making a special appearance in the 1st ~ 2nd episodes of the drama. He filmed all of his scenes on the 18th and this special appearance was possible thanks to his friendship with Park Seo-joon.

Son Hyun-joo was interviewed for the movie "Jesters: The Game Changers" on the 19th and he said, "I met Park Seo-joon in the movie "Chronicles of Evil" and he asked me if I would appear in his drama".

"I went all the way to Wonju for my scenes, where 50 or so staff were waiting. I play Park Seo-joon's father when he was young. We were filming when Park Seo-joon blew me a heart, so I did the same".

Meanwhile, "Itaewon Class" is based on an original webtoon about a 'hip' revolt by stubborn and courageous youths living in this unfair world. It contains the starting of businesses of those who pursue freedom with their own values on a small street in Itaewon. The unique characters and the lines of the webtoon brought about its popularity and it's a million-seller work on portal site Daum. Besides Park Seo-joon, Kim Da-mi, Yoo Jae-myung and Kwon Nara have confirmed their appearances.

credit: hancinema

I couldn't ignore this (kinda old) news, because of that PSJ and KHJ showing each other hearts sentence :lol:

• Love 1
  • Awesome 2

The script reading video makes me nervous. I can't focus anymore with my work, i keep cheating in order to watch it :joy:

Light chit chat in the beginning (maybe to get rid of awkwardness :lol: )

PSJ : Your hair.. Did you bleach it? 

KDM : Yeah, i did. I bleached and dyed it. 

:joy:

• LOL 3

Guuuuys, I think I was right about 3rd teaser video sound. It’s an instrumental version of a song :smirk:

@Anjalifairy I thought a bit about 1st teaser. And I think we have a chance here after what I saw from script reading video music;))) 

Park Seojoon seriously... I know now why I’m not an actress. I wouldn’t be able to act so easily all those needed emotions just casually sitting on my chair :hushed:

They also were so cute intrigued by cameras lol 

@Anjalifairy you just reminded me, that thanks God I don’t have exams upcoming months :joy: Or I would fail all of them :joy:

Did I just saw our writer Gwang Jin falling asleep? :sweat_smile: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

51 minutes ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

Guuuuys, I think I was right about 3rd teaser video sound. It’s an instrumental version of a song :smirk:

@Anjalifairy I thought a bit about 1st teaser. And I think we have a chance here after what I saw from script reading video music;))) 

Park Seojoon seriously... I know now why I’m not an actress. I wouldn’t be able to act so easily all those needed emotions just casually sitting on my chair :hushed:

They also were so cute intrigued by cameras lol 

@Anjalifairy you just reminded me, that thanks God I don’t have exams upcoming months :joy: Or I would fail all of them :joy:

Did I just saw our writer Gwang Jin falling asleep? :sweat_smile: 

I noticed it too that it's your favorite instumental played as bgm. The chance is bigger that it would be one of the OST :rolleyes: We'll see.. 

Yeah same, girl :lol: Aren't actors and actress amazing? They're like easily immersed in their roles and just going all out even if only for script reading. Not to mention it might be their first meeting each other for some of them :o 

Nope. He probably just felt a bit awkward being there :lol: The caption said : "who's that one who looks strange at the reading scene?" :)))

Btw, why i feel like he is a bit like Super Junior's Eunhyuk? :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@AsveriaPSJ, @Anjalifairy I think he did for a short moment :lol: Those script reading sessions must be pretty long. They usually read 4 episodes and probably discuss a lot between them;))) 

Park Seojoon looked like a student XD He had his pen, marker and even pencil-case :lol: 

I love watching those script reading sessions videos for my favorite dramas;)) Just all those drama making stuff fascinates me. So much hard work goes into them, yet on the screen we don’t see it at all, because they want us emerge completely into the story and make everything look effortlessly;)

@Anjalifairy you mean look wise?;))

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

I noticed it too that it's your favorite instumental played as bgm. The chance is bigger that it would be one of the OST :rolleyes: We'll see.. 

Yeah same, girl :lol: Aren't actors and actress amazing? They're like easily immersed in their roles and just going all out even if only for script reading. Not to mention it might be their first meeting each other for some of them :o 

Nope. He probably just felt a bit awkward being there :lol: The caption said : "who's that one who looks strange at the reading scene?" :)))

Btw, why i feel like he is a bit like Super Junior's Eunhyuk? :joy:

My favorite actually this one

But I usually listen a lot of instrumentals and I just know when background music sounds more like an instrumental for a song, rather than typical instrumental :grin: I know a lot of people also can tell difference))

IKR, i don’t know if it’s a talent or practice, but I wouldn’t be able to do what they do at all :joy:

His head just fall down so comically :sweat_smile:

I need to google him:))

@serenilmauve I just noticed that pencil-case lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

21 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

@AsveriaPSJ, @Anjalifairy I think he did for a short moment :lol: Those script reading session must be pretty long. They usually read 4 episodes and probably discuss a lot between them;))) 

Park Seojoon looked like a student XD He had his pen, marker and even pencil-case :lol: 

I love watching those script reading session videos for my favorite dramas;)) Just all those drama making stuff fascinates me. So much hard work goes into them, yet on the screen we don’t see it at all, because they want us emerge completely into the story and make everything look effortlessly;)

@Anjalifairy you mean look wise?;))

I think it's the female staff put water bottles for him, so he bowed down to thank her for that and the caption was 감사/gamsa = thank. If that bowing gesture that you guys meant X))) However the way he bowed was indeed looked like he fell asleep though :lol:

Lol indeed :lol: And it also means he was so well-prepared B)

Me too. Basically i love these candid stuffs from drama. Like script reading session, bts, etc. Btw, when will the presscon possibly be held? :rolleyes: I hope all DanBam squad will attend, if possible. But it might be too crowded huh? X)) 

Oh, no! Now i even think he looks like Park Jisung the soccer player :lol:Forgive me for my randomness X))) Or you guys have any other ideas? :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

29 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

I think it's the female staff put water bottles for him, so he bowed down to thank her for that and the caption was 감사/gamsa = thank. If that bowing gesture that you guys meant X))) However the way he bowed was indeed looked like he fell asleep though :lol:

Lol indeed :lol: And it also means he was so well-prepared B)

Me too. Basically i love these candid stuffs from drama. Like script reading session, bts, etc. Btw, when will the presscon possibly be held? :rolleyes: I hope all DanBam squad will attend, if possible. But it might be too crowded huh? X)) 

Oh, no! Now i even think he looks like Park Jisung the soccer player :lol:Forgive me for my randomness X))) Or you guys have any other ideas? :lol:

Oh, probably. I'm sorry then, poor writernim :lol:

Presscon? Close to premiere date. Usually just 1-3 days before.

I also hope almost all of them will be able to attend. And I actually think they will;)

Man, I'm bad at this kind of stuff XD 

• LOL 3