[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

9 hours ago, emollienime said:
why they’re naming it season 1?

Thank you for sharing;) I wouldn't read too much into this. Netflix almost always uses "season 1" even for shows that suppose to be just one season. Also Kim Da Mi and Park Seo Jun pretty much booked with next projects after IC;) 

For me it's a good news, that they will air day to day with eng.subs and hopefully without any delays;) 

btw, Naver finally made teasers available to watch for other countries. Same with official JTBC Youtube channel.

Spoiler

• Like 3

1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:

Promotional video with Jang Dae Hee

Interesting choice of music;) With it I want to give Park Saeroy’s team blue and green lightsabers and Jangga team red ones...  And call it a better Star Wars story, than resent trilogy :sweat_smile: 

Sorry, guys, inner Star Wars fan came out :joy:

• LOL 4

17 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

Those are quite strong charms, tbh B) 

Hide contents

That part just confused me a bit, because I didn’t saw any hints, so I asked to know if maybe there were something in dialogues, that I lost. Thank you a lot for all your help :wub: Take care of yourself, don’t overwork too much;))

Spoiler

I'm still sure there is no love line between them in webtoon. But i'll still have to find it out otherwise i won't be able to sleep well X))) I'll let you know later XD

Thanks girl. That's a nice of you for saying that :heart:

Btw, this will be my first experience with netflix X)) So netflix will air it the day after the original air time, right? In other words, if the 1st episode is on january 31st, then we will be able to watch it on netflix on february 1st? 

4 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

@Anjalifairy I feel an urge to rob his house get that script now :joy: Just kidding... :glasses:

I’m glad, that he is having the great time working with IC cast and crew))) 

Lol me too, i desperately want to know what it is. Why don't he just take a photo of it though? :rolleyes:

Anyways, if we talk about exchanging writing in script, does that mean the filming will be/has completed? Just suddenly remember PSJ and KJW also did that at the end of FFMW filming, if i'm not wrong :D

I also want to comment about the BGM :lol: As expected from the villain, i can feel the high tension already :ph34r:

Omg, help! I'm not Star Wars person X))) 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm still sure there is no love line between them in webtoon. But i'll still have to find it out otherwise i won't be able to sleep well X))) I'll let you know later XD

Spoiler

Thanks girl. That's a nice of you for saying that :heart:

Btw, this will be my first experience with netflix X)) So netflix will air it the day after the original air time, right? In other words, if the 1st episode is on january 31st, then we will be able to watch it on netflix on february 1st? 

Lol me too, i desperately want to know what it is. Why don't he just take a photo of it though? :rolleyes:

Anyways, if we talk about exchanging writing in script, does that mean the filming will be/has completed? Just suddenly remember PSJ and KJW also did that at the end of FFMW filming, if i'm not wrong :D

I will wait then;) Thank you :heart:

To be honest, I don’t follow any korean shows on Netflix right now (in real time, I usually wait until it fully airs or pile up 5-6 episodes before binging) to know exactly, but I think if they’re writing 31st January, then that means they will put episode (with eng.subs) in possible short amount of time after it airs on TV in SK. So it also depends on your time difference with SK, I guess. I will try to see next week how it happens with other k-dramas on Netflix;)))

They would announce the warping up of the filming. So I don’t think it’s the case;))) He (Chris) could be done with his parts though, who knows. Or maybe PSJ just wrote something unrelated/educational/simple in his script :D 

• Like 3

On 1/10/2020 at 6:34 PM, Anjalifairy said:

I also want to comment about the BGM :lol: As expected from the villain, i can feel the high tension already :ph34r: 

Omg, help! I'm not Star Wars person X))) 

Spoiler

Well basically to make everything simple... in Star Wars universe Jedi = knights. They use advanced swords with different colors = lightsabers. They also have connection to cosmic power which is called “The Force”. Jedi that turn to the darkside (darkness) or become rogue called The Sith. Regular Jedi’s lightsabers usually green, blue (very rarely yellow or purple). While The Sith order have red lightsabers. And they usually dress in all black lol  

Kwon Nara looks awesome on those promos) 

So, we’re now 3 weeks away from premiere :glasses:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

8 “Itaewon Class” Characters In Their Original Webtoon Forms

itaewon class, itaewon class drama, itaewon class webtoon, itaewon class characters

"Itaewon Class" Webtoon / JTBC

The hype surrounding the upcoming drama “Itaewon Class” is growing day by day with the release of pictures and posters. Park SeoJoon and Kim DaMi are the lead actors of this JTBC drama to air from Jan. 31.

It is set in an irrational world where the “hip” revolt of young people -who are united in stubbornness and courage- starts. Itaewon seems to have condensed all the world. In this little street, they are looking for their own freedom based on their values. “Itaewon Class” is their foundation legend. They open a food-related business.

The story is based on the webtoon of the same title by Kwang Jin. Here are 8 characters in their original webtoons forms.

JTBC / “Itaewon Class” Webtoon

Park SeoJoon as Park SaeRoi

He opened a restaurant in Itaewon named “Danbam”.

Kim DaMi as Jo YiSeo

She is the manager at the restaurant Park SaeRoi started in Itaewon.

Spoiler

Yoo JaeMyung as Jang DaeHee

He is the chairman of the foodservice conglomerate JangKa.

Spoiler

Kwon NaRa as Oh SooAh

Park SaeRoi’s first love.

Spoiler

Kim DongHee as Jang KeunSoo

He is the heir of JangKa and working at Park SaeRoi’s restaurant.

Spoiler

Ahn BoHyun as Jang KeunWon

He is the director and heir of JangKa. He is Jang KeunSoo’s brother.

Spoiler

Ryu KyungSoo as Choi SeungKwon

He is working at Park SaeRoi’s restaurant as server.

Spoiler

Lee JooYoung as Ma HyunYi

She is working at Park SaeRoi’s restaurant as a cook.

Spoiler

JTBC

Comparing the webtoon and the released character map, there are new characters making their appearance in the drama such as Tony (Chris Lyon) who is working part-time at Park SaeRoi’s restaurant.

For more information about the drama and webtoon, characters descriptions, posters and teaser, don’t forget to check our cast and summary here.

credit: kpopmap

• Awesome 4

Find Out About Actor Chris Lyon, Acting In Drama “Itaewon Class”

chris lyon, chris lyon actor. chris lyon korea, chris lyon itaewon class

JTBC / Chris Lyon's Instagram

Itaewon Class” is a highly awaited K-Drama. Park SeoJoon and Kim DaMi are the lead actors of this JTBC drama to air from Jan. 31.

It is based on the webtoon of the same title by Kwang Jin. It is set in an irrational world where the “hip” revolt of young people -who are united in stubbornness and courage- starts. Itaewon seems to have condensed all the world. In this little street, they are looking for their own freedom based on their values. “Itaewon Class” is their foundation legend. They open a food-related business.

In the 3rd teaser is introduced the founding members of Itaewon Class. You can watch it below.

Spoiler

Among them, there is the character Kim Tony who is from Guinea and is working part-time.

The character is acted by Chris Lyon. He is an actor, model, and music producer from the U.S.A born in 1993. Chris Lyon is part of LINK Management where is also actressLee Seol (“Less Than Evil” (2018), “When The Devil Calls Your Name” (2019)).

Spoiler

LINK Management

He worked for high fashion brands such as Louis Vuitton. He also previously acted in the movie “Miss and Mrs. Cops” (2019) and “Live Hard” (2017).

Spoiler

LINK Management

For more about the actor, you can follow him on his Instagram below.

Spoiler

Many are looking to the drama, its fresh plot, and characters. Are you planning to watch?

credit: kpopmap

• Like 3

Kim Dong Hee now is on villain side in his individual promotional vid B) 

On 1/10/2020 at 8:43 PM, serenilmauve said:

To be honest, I don’t follow any korean shows on Netflix right now (in real time, I usually wait until it fully airs or pile up 5-6 episodes before binging) to know exactly, but I think if they’re writing 31st January, then that means they will put episode (with eng.subs) in possible short amount of time after it airs on TV in SK. So it also depends on your time difference with SK, I guess. I will try to see next week how it happens with other k-dramas on Netflix;)))

They would announce the warping up of the filming. So I don’t think it’s the case;))) He (Chris) could be done with his parts though, who knows. Or maybe PSJ just wrote something unrelated/educational/simple in his script :D 

Ah i see.. Seems like you're right. I happened to read someone commented somewhere about drama Crash Landing On You that he/she said it came out pretty fast on netflix after airing in SK. I really have no idea bcs i haven't signed up on netflix yet :lol:

And for that one you are also right. As we can see the photos of PSJ filming taken by fan are now spreading on IG :DSo the filming still ongoing :rolleyes:

Anywaysss, D-19. Yasssss!!!

Me currently waiting for January 31

unnamed.gif

• LOL 4

2 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:
Spoiler

Ah i see.. Seems like you're right. I happened to read someone commented somewhere about drama Crash Landing On You that he/she said it came out pretty fast on netflix after airing in SK. I really have no idea bcs i haven't signed up on netflix yet :lol:

And for that one you are also right. As we can see the photos of PSJ filming taken by fan are now spreading on IG :DSo the filming still ongoing :rolleyes:

Anywaysss, D-19. Yasssss!!!

Me currently waiting for January 31

I just thought it would’ve been too early for them to warp up filming ^_^ Also on top of announcing, after finishing casts and crew usually go to organized “warp up party” to celebrate the end of filming;)))  

Spoiler

But they‘re definitely right now somewhere in the middle (or even further) judging by his clothes :D

Yeap, me too XD

8521-EE22-9295-4-EDB-A107-50-FC34-B1-AEC

• LOL 3

9 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

The real MVP here :joy: 

I can’t say I’m intrigued by Jangga side the way I’m intrigued about Itaewon side, but his character for me more IC, than “villain” side. So I really want to see why he betrayed(?) Park Saeroy. Soon I will be able to speculate about everything :smirk:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

23 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

I just thought it would’ve been too early for them to warp up filming ^_^ Also on top of announcing, after finishing casts and crew usually go to organized “warp up party” to celebrate the end of filming;)))  

Hide contents

But they‘re definitely right now somewhere in the middle (or even further) judging by his clothes :D

Spoiler

Probably the filming has reached the established life-phase(?) :rolleyes:

Btw, i'm positive there isn't any love line involved between JGW and OSA in webtoon. I've seen it all over again. I'm so okay with them changing a bit or adding more spice to drama version. It's getting me even more excited!  For me, it's supposed to be like that when it comes to adaptation project. What's the point of making it exactly the same with original version anyway?! It will be less interesting and less surprised instead :D

16 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

The real MVP here :joy: 

I can’t say I’m intrigued by Jangga side the way I’m intrigued about Itaewon side, but his character for me more IC, than “villain” side. So I really want to see why he betrayed(?) Park Saeroy. Soon I will be able to speculate about everything :smirk:

You'll see it later how much it upsets you :phew:

On 1/12/2020 at 12:04 AM, AsveriaPSJ said:

Hide contents

Well basically to make everything simple... in Star Wars universe Jedi = knights. They use advanced swords with different colors = lightsabers. They also have connection to cosmic power which is called “The Force”. Jedi that turn to the darkside (darkness) or become rogue called The Sith. Regular Jedi’s lightsabers usually green, blue (very rarely yellow or purple). While The Sith order have red lightsabers. And they usually dress in all black lol  

Thanks for your explanation gurl. I really appreciate that. You said you make it simple but.... it still sounds too alien for me GYAHAHAHA :lol: (No hard feelings? :D)

• Like 3