[Taiwanese Drama 2019] Before We Get Married 我們不能是朋友

0ly40

1 hour ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Yes chingu - thats the finale.

And I am not so happy at all too....

I kinda got what I guessed will happen - but not what I hoped will happen.

Maybe subs will change it a bit - but I feel like there is so much missing. Is the queston to drink a coffee together enough for us as a happy end even it points out they will meet and be together in the end? Finaly she asked him out - thats nice - but we need a few more scenes after that.

And where are the other coke guy and the wonderful sister of the witch? Speaking of the witch - i did´t get enough of her beeing shocked in the end....

One more episode could change a lot here. But sadly - it is the end.

So sad :cry:

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I wanted to wait for subs to come out before watching the last episode but who am I kidding, I couldn't help myself and watched the raw and it did not disappoint! I do wish we got less HY and more KH and WW but the love scene made up for it :wub:

DW and KF getting their happy ending was wonderful. I absolutely loved seeing DW stick up for KF against HY when he usually admires HY so much. I think that was when KF realized he was the one, her eyes just lit up. They are adorable and hilarious and I can see them having a very fun life together. 

I need to wait for subs but from what I could see, WW agreed to leave for KH's sake but then KH surprised ZY by resigning himself. ZY's face was priceless, no more trying to control KH anymore for you! I ended up forwarded most ZY scenes, I find her controlling, demanding, power tripping demeanour to be so annoying and unbearable.. hopefully she leaves the company alone now too and does something for herself finallly..

HY was literally being next level crazy, like I get that you're hurt but maybe take responsibility for WW leaving you and give the girl some space. He was being so obsessive that I couldnt stand watching scenes with him. I think he finally got the picture towards the end though.. I did feel a little bad for him when the realisation sunk in that WW really didn't love him anymore but it's his own fault and you can't force someone to love you. I agree with the previous comment someone else posted about HY likely being fine with the break up had MZ actually had feelings for him. Just goes to show what kind of person he is.

I am so happy that WW and KH finally got a chance to spend some time together as a couple. They really click and bring out the best in eachother. The scene where KH leaves the press conference to rescue WW was epic, I love the background music used too. The kiss and love scene was so intimate and filmed so beautifully, the chemistry between the two is just crazy. Everything just seems so normal and natural between JL and PG. I know they're friends in real life but the chemistry is still insane. They need to film another drama together because them together is magic. 

I'm not sure if there was a time skip before the wedding but looks like WW and KH had some time apart? If so, I actually like that WW didnt run away in a dramatic manner, looks like KH respected WW's decision to have some time to herself, which is another big reason why I love him. I loved the wedding scene, watching the four of them in front of the altar just made me think about how fun and mischievous their lives will be together.

Can't wait to re-watch with subs! It's been a fun ride and I'm sad to see it end but also so glad that I watched this drama cos it made me a PG and JL fan and I'll be waiting for their next projects that's for sure. I am officially on the JL dimple bandwagon :wub:

@J13 I also enjoyed watching without sub as well.  i feel that it was closure between the 2 couples and now WW & KH can start a new and that how it was left at the end.  I don't feel like we miss anything because for 12 ep they have been together...they have eaten together , they have share some personal things together so I feel like they really got to know each other in different ways for the 12 ep .  Ep 13, is them clearing out the old and to start anew.

We got a marriage from unlikely couple but a marriage nonetheless.  KF who started out with non committal relationship and ends up getting married and WW ended her relationship.  KF knows who she is and not afraid to show and WW needed to find herself.  This why I'm ok with the break and her improving herself first before she can go to KH.  Also, they sort of kept to how the ending of the book where they meet after a year in NY.

I will wait for the sub...it 71% now. 

I was mostly satisfied with the ending. I would have preferred fewer 321 closure scenes and 1-2 more KH and WW scenes at the end... even just a montage of them walking together through the season. I’d also like to see one more glance at all the characters they randomly dropped: Ziyuan’s sister, Shumimg, Baiyang, etc.

I’m not upset or feeling cheated though - I halfway expected a more open ending. Jasper Liu’s smile when she invited him to coffee is what sold the ending for me. Kehuan is happy and confident and knows they’ll be together. He fought so hard and sacrificed a lot for the chance that Weiwei might eventually come to him on her own two feet- and now she is.

i read (Google Translate) on Instagram that the director is getting a lot of questions about a sequel, movie, or drama special to give more closure and OTP scenes. He made it sound unlikely.

I liked the ending because this is closer to actual reality than wedding bells and happily ever after....life and marriage is so much more than the fairytale ending. WW's voiceover was really important...you have to love yourself before you can love someone else. WW wanted to wait until she became WW 2.0 before pursuing a genuine relationship with KH and kudos to her for that! And every indication says KH waited for her to be that "upgraded WW" haha. 

For those that are curious, there was a 3 week time jump when KH called WW and then a bit over a year at the end when they reunite at the wedding. The conversation at the wedding was too cute and so fitting for their lovestory! WW asked KH out for coffee, paralleling their first meeting, but THIS time, you know they'll get their ending...we just don't see it played out. 

Director says he might consider a movie version...either prequel or sequel, but nothing for now. I'd only want it if we get director, writer, producer, Jasper and Puff haha otherwise forget about it. 

As for KF...I'm so happy she got married. She's that one friend we all have it our lives that says they'll never ever get married or settle down and BOOM, surprise! The least expected person we know that would get hitched, is often times the first. 

More to share later, but time to grade papers! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqVjHfyMnR7cvunaT34v2YVxngQAsShjjts9K2qqaYSleXNBHXhqdefault.jpgep5-0.jpg?w=640

For me no matter when or how it would have ended I would have been left wanting just one more view of this OTP's amazing chemistry.  A mixture of soft and yet sensual moments that these two actors created and allowed us to feel through their love story.  In reminding us love can happen at anytime to anyone and we shouldn't be afraid to follow our hearts no matter when it comes or how long it takes...

There were scenes and quotes that expressed what it is that whether male or female those words and feelings that we all yearn to hear and hope to feel.  When Jasper said " But at this moment, you are the only one who could find me.  He was expressing his lack of closeness and being cared for.  A person who had so much love to give but was never allowed to be himself long enough to freely give it.  That is until he found WW who actually needed the same...

KH was that Knight in Shinning Armor who proved himself more than once and even towards the end he was willing to sacrifice everything to protect the woman he loved.  And it was no surprise that she was that princess he had longed for and proved it in return by sacrificing for him too...

Together they loved and trusted in each other enough to let go and believe that it wouldn't be forever just long enough to come back and hold on forever...

We may not have seen their wedding or the future happily ever after.  But like KH showed us at the end it's all going to be...

OK

:heart:

@tiMadam I liked the ending too. It makes a lot of sense for WW to have some time to herself after putting herself aside for so long to make others happy. For only a 13 episode drama, there was so much progress between KH and WW that by the end, I felt like they really knew eachother so well and would have a happy life together.

@aggiesbaby thanks for clarifying the time jumps! Oohhh hopefully we get a sequel or even mini clips of KH and WW! I liked the ending a lot but wish we got more KH and WW, I can never get enough of them!

@Applechan I don't think we ever got a reason or maybe we did and I skipped that part? Lol I did find myself skipping ZY scenes quiet a bit lol I'm actually content with not knowing the reason why, I feel like it would have been irrelevant and perhaps ZY knew it hence why she spent her time trying to interfere with KH's career instead.

On 8/24/2019 at 4:17 PM, Mau_Cherry said:

Yes chingu - thats the finale.

And I am not so happy at all too....

I kinda got what I guessed will happen - but not what I hoped will happen.

Maybe subs will change it a bit - but I feel like there is so much missing. Is the queston to drink a coffee together enough for us as a happy end even it points out they will meet and be together in the end? Finaly she asked him out - thats nice - but we need a few more scenes after that.

And where are the other coke guy and the wonderful sister of the witch? Speaking of the witch - i did´t get enough of her beeing shocked in the end....

One more episode could change a lot here. But sadly - it is the end.

Remember in the first episode, CKH said that in some other cultures when you say ‘may I buy you a coffee’ means you want to start a relationship with them. WW is saying exactly that!! She wants to start a relationship with him! And his smile says it all, he was so happy! ❤️

On 8/24/2019 at 4:29 PM, J13 said:

Ok so I wanted to wait for subs to come out before watching the last episode but who am I kidding, I couldn't help myself and watched the raw and it did not disappoint! I do wish we got less HY and more KH and WW but the love scene made up for it :wub:

DW and KF getting their happy ending was wonderful. I absolutely loved seeing DW stick up for KF against HY when he usually admires HY so much. I think that was when KF realized he was the one, her eyes just lit up. They are adorable and hilarious and I can see them having a very fun life together. 

I need to wait for subs but from what I could see, WW agreed to leave for KH's sake but then KH surprised ZY by resigning himself. ZY's face was priceless, no more trying to control KH anymore for you! I ended up forwarded most ZY scenes, I find her controlling, demanding, power tripping demeanour to be so annoying and unbearable.. hopefully she leaves the company alone now too and does something for herself finallly..

HY was literally being next level crazy, like I get that you're hurt but maybe take responsibility for WW leaving you and give the girl some space. He was being so obsessive that I couldnt stand watching scenes with him. I think he finally got the picture towards the end though.. I did feel a little bad for him when the realisation sunk in that WW really didn't love him anymore but it's his own fault and you can't force someone to love you. I agree with the previous comment someone else posted about HY likely being fine with the break up had MZ actually had feelings for him. Just goes to show what kind of person he is.

I am so happy that WW and KH finally got a chance to spend some time together as a couple. They really click and bring out the best in eachother. The scene where KH leaves the press conference to rescue WW was epic, I love the background music used too. The kiss and love scene was so intimate and filmed so beautifully, the chemistry between the two is just crazy. Everything just seems so normal and natural between JL and PG. I know they're friends in real life but the chemistry is still insane. They need to film another drama together because them together is magic. 

I'm not sure if there was a time skip before the wedding but looks like WW and KH had some time apart? If so, I actually like that WW didnt run away in a dramatic manner, looks like KH respected WW's decision to have some time to herself, which is another big reason why I love him. I loved the wedding scene, watching the four of them in front of the altar just made me think about how fun and mischievous their lives will be together.

Can't wait to re-watch with subs! It's been a fun ride and I'm sad to see it end but also so glad that I watched this drama cos it made me a PG and JL fan and I'll be waiting for their next projects that's for sure. I am officially on the JL dimple bandwagon :wub:

It was me who wrote this. In my opinion, the kiss with MZ showed that he could start a new relationship with her as he believed that she had feelings for him. So in his eyes, he saw her feelings as a way to use for his own interest.

That's why in the end I am not surprised that he got married during that time as his feelings for WW were not real. He got obsessed with her because he couldn't accept that he had lost control over WW. He thought all this time, he could control and manipulate her. Once she told him that she no longer loved him, he realized that he could no longer control her. From my point of view, he used WW's feelings for his own interests that's why he could be so indifferent and even rude in the past. He knew how to play her: her guilt, her feelings aso. I believe that 321 won't change his behavior with his wife, except if he is married to MZ which I doubt.

Now, I understand better why the writer created CKH's friend. He was used as a contrast to DW. It becomes clearer why DW became HKF's husband. Unlike her former "boyfriend" (CKH's friend), once DW realized what kind of woman KF was (loyal and fierce), he accepted her. He didn't try to force his own point of view on her, like he said: he just wanted to protect her. Little by little, he could impress her as he never asked anything in return: she has to become his girlfriend officially. Unlike the friend who claimed to love her, he was more obsessed with her sex appeal than with her personality. He imagined that HKF would sleep with CKH... which showed how little he knew KHF very well. 

@Mau_Cherry When someone asks you out for coffee, it definitely indicates they're interested in you romantically...it's an informal date hehe...

JL and PG have such sizzling onscreen chemistry, it's almost unfair for their future onscreen partners. Both have upcoming dramas, but I don't think I'll be able to move on from CKH and ZWW just yet....give me a year hahaha.

16 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Now, I understand better why the writer created CKH's friend. He was used as a contrast to DW. It becomes clearer why DW became HKF's husband. Unlike her former "boyfriend" (CKH's friend), once DW realized what kind of woman KF was (loyal and fierce), he accepted her. He didn't try to force his own point of view on her, like he said: he just wanted to protect her. Little by little, he could impress her as he never asked anything in return: she has to become his girlfriend officially. Unlike the friend who claimed to love her, he was more obsessed with her sex appeal than with her personality. He imagined that HKF would sleep with CKH... which showed how little he knew KHF very well. 

Thanks, that make more sense.   So once the purpose of his character was over, there was no reason for him to stick around.  They would have to create scenes for him to be there and it was not needed.   Also, CKH ended his relationship with him since he was never a true friend.  He kept siding with ZY

40 minutes ago, tiMadam said:

Thanks, that make more sense.   So once the purpose of his character was over, there was no reason for him to stick around.  They would have to create scenes for him to be there and it was not needed.   Also, CKH ended his relationship with him since he was never a true friend.  He kept siding with ZY

Exactly... Furthermore, it also contrasts with the friendship between KHF and ZWW. Although ZWW never revealed that she had a boyfriend, HKF didn't get upset and always sided with her unconditionnally. His friendship with CHK was not deep and real as GZY had perverted their relationship. Striking is that despite the fight between CHK and DW, they were able to overcome this and DW could even realize Chu's feelings for ZWW. 

On 8/23/2019 at 4:24 PM, jeijei said:

I dropped a few episodes so I want to ask, how did the other two characters end up marrying each other? The feisty boss and the rich nephew, that is. 

I would like to know what happened to KHs Secretary, wasn’t he madly in love with KF? He just disappeared out of thin air it seems.

but for reals, it made me sooo annoyed on the last scene between haoyi and WW when he feels entitled to the he one to turn his back first...UM EXCUSE ME, you literally put her life in jeopardy with your road rage and then almost strangled/raped her? And you really think you still have the right to be the victim and ‘deserve’ to be the one that leaves with pride or whatever? Oh please someone put this guy in a lakorn so he can get slapped in the face a million times, now that’s what he deserves.

ahhh it has come to an end.... I wished we got to see more of Kehuan and Weiwei after the wedding. 

I think Weiwei's motives were reasonable... she needed to re-establish herself... so it was a good ending. 

Can i say tho.. Dawei and Kefei were amazing side characters! Loved their interactions with each other. 

What a good drama!!

side note: does anyone have any good drama recommends now this drama is over? Thanks!

21 hours ago, aggiesbaby said:

@Mau_Cherry When someone asks you out for coffee, it definitely indicates they're interested in you romantically...it's an informal date hehe...

JL and PG have such sizzling onscreen chemistry, it's almost unfair for their future onscreen partners. Both have upcoming dramas, but I don't think I'll be able to move on from CKH and ZWW just yet....give me a year hahaha.

I know what they told us with that - even so not every coffee invitation I got leeds to something romantic :D:D  :D

I am fine with the ending too - just - I miss two persons - they seemed to be forgotten in the storyline (first coke partner - and the sister) - and i wished for a few more scenes for us not just a - now you have to imagine yourself ending.

And I repeat - for everything what his esx did - i wanted to see her face longer -after she finally got the message.

So - for me its just like a few scenes are missing - a few are too short - but all in all - its fine.

Did anyone else think WW’s voiceover was the text to a letter she wrote to Kehuan?

I think without her laying out clearly why she was stepping away from him, he would have kept pursuing her aggressively. 

I also wish there was a scene of Ziyuan getting fired, then sprayed by a skunk, then hit by at least 3 cars.

Archived