[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

i agree! But honestly, SBS isn’t bad but I just don’t like how stingy and old fashion it can get. If it can promote more and release more bts especially with dramas that have popular stars, fans would love it! :huh: But i also noticed a lot of dramas air under SBS. So it is quite a famous company. It was mentioned that LMH worked with SBS the longest so I wonder why TKEM isn’t getting more bts for the fans. We will love it! More bts, pictures, scoops, etc. But i will take what i get since it is SBS

Haaays, hope they release all the uncut versions of all BTS images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMZaTEExRq43c_T7a32-z

• Like 5
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, gwin said:

Is this show airing in China?  For that matter, are KDramas popular in China?

Yes Kdramas are very popular in china. LMH and KSH are mainstream stars in china but due to the hallyu ban that happened in 2016 I don't think they air on mainstream platforms but I could be wrong. LMH has huge following in China 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

I know right!!! I can see their videos on sns everytime!! 

Is it due to politically correctness or something? They seem to release cut BTS instead of uncut raw 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

@vangsweetie637 haha I just went and asked her if JY and MSA relationship are entangled locally hahaha! And I asked her does she like the new improved 2022 JY HAHAH I’m dead hahah gosh she must think I’m a crazy person right now. It still hasn’t shown that she has seen my first question of whether or not her KOC counterpart ends up with JY lol

It would be hilarious if she replied and spilled the beans on heavy spoilers before finale 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

hahaha, same here. I spend my money buying baking stuffs from online.

Started baking again because of Covid-19 :tounge_wink:

Lmao. Seems like you have a very chill life. I haven't seen a kitchen for a very long time just been busy and on the run in these recent years. 

Even Covid19 didn't make space for me to bake or even cook

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

Lmao. Seems like you have a very chill life. I haven't seen a kitchen for a very long time just been busy and on the run in these recent years. 

Even Covid19 didn't make even space for me to bake or even cook

Do you work in hospital otherwise you wouldnt be that busy during this time 

• Like 2

Just now, Joanna Alfson said:

Do you work in hospital otherwise you wouldnt be that busy during this time 

Yes. ER department 

29 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

I am hearing some serious calls for season 2 on social media? How do you see if season 2 ever were to arrive will play out? From the build to drama finale itself? 

I think it's gonna be another hell'va ride and why not

I would like it to become more dark themed and more action thrown in and obviously with LMHxKGE as the leads. I love adventures so I would want it to be adventure based somehow 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

I am hearing some serious calls for season 2 on social media? How do you see if season 2 ever were to arrive will play out? From the build to drama finale itself? 

I think it's gonna be another hell'va ride and why not

I am concentrated solely right now on the finale episode after it finishes we can talk S2

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, Flloy House said:

What did I just watch... :joy:

Aside from that I have a theory perhaps a silly one just bear with me. 

: What if Jung Tae eul is actully Lady Nuh has this thought ever crossed anyone? In some messed ways she turyouns out to be Lady nuh? What will your reaction be and do you think this is a possibility

you are crazy but for a brief moment when the King was saying good bye I had the same weird feeling. It was like he was telling her he was sorry and to live on, It had a very strange vibe.  Not a son to mother figure but lover to love. Like he had left her behind before. So we are both crazy but this story is making us over think everything.

Edited after reading @vangsweetie637 If Lady Noh is somehow JTE I will buy the drinks, so don' t worry we will both get good and drunk .giphy.gif

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, gwin said:

Is this show airing in China?  For that matter, are KDramas popular in China?

China has prohibited all Hallyu, Kdramas or K-pop content in China as the country's retaliation against SK when the latter deployed the THAAD American missile defense system in the country.

So all Korea contents are running on illegal sites.  Despite the ban, it is still still extremely popular, if not more popular.  TKEM ranks #1 & #2 in weibo so that's telling.  LMH is a big deal out there.

Any Korean content needs government approval to be shown in China.

Here is an interesting a paper from the International Journal of Arts & Commerce if you can find time to read. The gist:

The fundamental reason of Korean dramas’ success in China is that they meet Chinese needs which include cultural and psychological contentment, spiritual satisfaction, aesthetic gratification and visual enjoyment. Besides, there is the perfect combination of tradition and modernity in South Korean dramas, displaying the essence of traditional culture in a modern manner.

https://www.ijac.org.uk/images/frontImages/gallery/Vol._5_No._9/3._21-25.pdf 

@Heilo @Elnin Joery

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 8

14 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

China has prohibited all Hallyu, Kdramas or K-pop content in China as the country's retaliation against SK when the latter deployed the THAAD American missile defense system in the country.

So all Korea contents are running on illegal sites.  Despite the ban, it is still still extremely popular, if not more popular.  TKEM ranks #1 & #2 in weibo so that's telling.  LMH is a big deal out there.

Here is an interesting a paper from the International Journal of Arts & Commerce if you can find time to read. The gist:

The fundamental reason of Korean dramas’ success in China is that they meet Chinese needs which include cultural and psychological contentment, spiritual satisfaction, aesthetic gratification and visual enjoyment. Besides, there is the perfect combination of tradition and modernity in South Korean dramas, displaying the essence of traditional culture in a modern manner.

https://www.ijac.org.uk/images/frontImages/gallery/Vol._5_No._9/3._21-25.pdf 

@Heilo @Elnin Joery

Thanks that was insightsful 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, lindas55 said:

you are crazy but for a brief moment when the King was saying good bye I had the same weird feeling. It was like he was telling her he was sorry and to live on, It had a very strange vibe.  Not a son to mother figure but lover to love. Like he had left her behind before. So we are both crazy but this story is making us over think everything.

Edited after reading @vangsweetie637 If Lady Nuh is somehow JTE I will buy the drinks, so don' t worry we will both get good and drunk .

Haha. I didn't see any theories on that as far as I could backtrack but I also arrived late here so maybe you can find one or two odd theories on that but other then what I have seen didn't come across such theory but it is crazy indeed and what made be suspicious is that Lee Gon went back to the 50s and JTE was there? I was like what? Perhaps there could be a mystery stranger then fiction but then again it's extremely silly theory I reckon this much

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

I would like it to become more dark themed and more action thrown in and obviously with LMHxKGE as the leads. I love adventures so I would want it to be adventure based somehow 

Adventure could work on my books. I would perfer it to be R-rated not PG-13 going completely dark themed:tounge_wink:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, extrodinairey said:

Super-duper-creepy.  I can't get drunk, so, I'd probably get some sort of anti-depressant. Anyone here can give prescription? Muahahahhaa

Anti-depressant is to light I would be needing morphine 

JointPleasantCrayfish-size_restricted.gi

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

12 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

Haha. I didn't see any theories on that as far as I could backtrack but I also arrived late here so maybe you can find one or two odd theories on that but other then what I have seen didn't come across such theory but it is crazy indeed and what made be suspicious is that Lee Gon went back to the 50s and JTE was there? I was like what? Perhaps there could be a mystery stranger then fiction but then again it's extremely silly theory I reckon this much

Okay okay. Hold up for a second what did I just read lmao. I need further explaination on this and tbh I don't see us going down this path at all but I still wanna hear it out 

• Like 2