Work, work, work

Lmangla

Work!  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite profession/genre in dramaland?

• chaebol, preferably owns shopping mall
    • police, spends lots of time in stakeouts and in need of shower
    • doctor, always genius, highly stressed and doing complicated surgery
    • lawyer, talks a lot
    • loan sharks with red/yellow or some colourful suits if boss, black suit if junior henchmen

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/2019 at 09:53 PM

off to work we go! May 1 is labour day in many parts of the world. does it seem like kdramaland inevitably covers the same professions that it could be a genre in itself? hahahah...what are your favourite chaebol/lawyer/police/doctor/loan shark dramas? where there are any interesting industries that you saw covered in a drama? what are your favourite professions?

celebrate labour day by nominating and discussing your favourite work places in kdramaland!

re: @sushilicious

LOL... this for me is the most difficult poll to vote on so far.

Ideally, I want to be a chaebol of course. Lots of money to spend, nice clothes to wear, good food to eat... but I admire the works of doctors and lawyers/prosecutors, and enjoy the thrills and challenges that police/detectives face while in the field, be it life threatening or not... so yeah, too difficult... I think I'm not taking the poll this time.... :tounge_xd:

Btw, maybe there should be a vote for celebrities/idols as well since we see a lot of those in kdramas too :lol:

17 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

I so know youre going to ask this question :joy:

No ex Special Force too:joy: JK hahaha i just love Nam gil so much buttt @Ameera Ali be happy..cause one of the choices reminded me of Hwang...That she just threw to one side and fan on Lion...Hwang is still disappointed tbh gahaha

hahahah... @cenching @sushilicious @Lawyerh  ~ just thought of naming the top five... but please go ahead and name the most common professions in kdramaland as well as ones you are bored of... feels like characters inevitably fall into these set jobs in dramaland. it is funny. doesn't it seem like there is at least one parent who owns a restaurant where grilled beef is served? :lol:

Gogh-The-Starry-Night-filming-location-e

One rare profession is rarely seen in kdramaland....That's a taxi driver...it's definitely very interesting...watching that taxi driver forcing customers to get off the taxi:joy:

57 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

LOL... this for me is the most difficult poll to vote on so far.

Ideally, I want to be a chaebol of course. Lots of money to spend, nice clothes to wear, good food to eat... but I admire the works of doctors and lawyers/prosecutors, and enjoy the thrills and challenges that police/detectives face while in the field, be it life threatening or not... so yeah, too difficult... I think I'm not taking the poll this time.... :tounge_xd:

Btw, maybe there should be a vote for celebrities/idols as well since we see a lot of those in kdramas too :lol:

kekekek... think if we had to have a profession, it would definitely be chaebol -- nice clothes! food!... doctors work too much and besides do you really want to do surgery and see all that blood?.. :sweatingbullets:.. loan sharks is too much colour suits while police work is dangerous... would your mouth hurt from talking so much as a lawyer?... so I am choosing chaebol.

.. you are right about idols. didn't strike me at all.... these days there seem to be a lot of secretaries/assistants these days who are close by to have romance with -- you would think folks would be sick of seeing the same person for so many years. where was all those sparks for so many years? :tounge_xd:

9 minutes ago, cenching said:

I would say a Spy is a "dream" job in dramaland. Rarely see ugly spies....99% of them are hot and cool with nice wardrobes....They are lethal and macho...

in real life, good looking spies would be a problem because people would notice and remember you! hahahahah... so you would technically have to be average looking and ordinary if you are a spy no?

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

in real life, good looking spies would be a problem because people would notice and remember you! hahahahah... so you would technically have to be average looking and ordinary if you are a spy no?

I would say it depends upon the mission...:glasses: If the spy is uses to seduces an enemy (Honey Trap) or to diverts some attentions obviously he/she needs to be good looking....But for those to be plants deep inside, most likely ordinary looking is better.....

1 minute ago, sadthe1st said:

chaebol of some rich private hospitals/law firms/shopping malls or airlines.. and i want to be the spoilt brat daughter kind hahaha B)

and throw stuff at people like drivers, assistants and cooks -- who will be kind enough to clean up after you? hahahaha... wonder if they are so bratty because they are so bored in life. like there is nothing to look forward to the next day? is there a spoilt brat daughter kind in kdramaland who is actually happy and gets the love of her life?

Me:I want to be Moo Tae Gu ! 

My brain: Que the violence and his death in voice. 

Me: Wait....Nevermind...:joy:

@Lmangla hmm probably not that kind of ill-mannered brats :grimace: i just want to fly to Hawaii for suntan and surfing, Hong Kong for dimsum, France for art.. have the whole shopping mall as my pretty clothes wardrobe.. drive in luxurious sportscar.. stay in different vacation beach houses.. parties with lots of handsome oppas.. and waste my life away :tounge_xd:

well, i guess they lack nothing except family ties and true love.. but if they are in their teens and early 20’s they have all the time to waste?

otherwise, i dun mind a joseon era kind of professionals.. like some trade master or something? there is a new upcoming kdrama of this plot isnt it? i forgot the title..

22 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

@Lmangla hmm probably not that kind of ill-mannered brats :grimace: i just want to fly to Hawaii for suntan and surfing, Hong Kong for dimsum, France for art.. have the whole shopping mall as my pretty clothes wardrobe.. drive in luxurious sportscar.. stay in different vacation beach houses.. parties with lots of handsome oppas.. and waste my life away :tounge_xd:

well, i guess they lack nothing except family ties and true love.. but if they are in their teens and early 20’s they have all the time to waste?

kekekek.... true. even if they are miserable, eventually second lead will show up who is a nice sweet guy and he will kiss her hurts away. so really, she is good... unless she is a baddie... then she just ends up in jail. :tounge_wink:

21 minutes ago, triplem said:

After Dear Citizens, i aspire to be a loan shark that eats her cake like that. This woman is small but scary ...and she always has fabulous outfits .. 

chaebol????...ahh who needs them when you have your own money that makes more money :D 

kekekek... this really shouldn't be the question but what kind of sponge cake can you pick up like that without melting?.. and why isn''t she just using a fork or spoon? ... oops, wrong question! :tounge_xd:

@stroppyse ~ what would your pick be? are you also thinking loan shark is not bad option after dear citizens? hahahhaha

Archived