Quantcast
Lmangla

Work, work, work

Work!  

18 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What is your favourite profession/genre in dramaland?

• chaebol, preferably owns shopping mall
    • police, spends lots of time in stakeouts and in need of shower
    • doctor, always genius, highly stressed and doing complicated surgery
    • lawyer, talks a lot
    • loan sharks with red/yellow or some colourful suits if boss, black suit if junior henchmen

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/2019 at 09:53 PM

After Dear Citizens, i aspire to be a loan shark that eats her cake like that. This woman is small but scary ...and she always has fabulous outfits .. 

RNqSg2w.gif

chaebol????...ahh who needs them when you have your own money that makes more money :D 

• LOL 8

22 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

@Lmangla hmm probably not that kind of ill-mannered brats :grimace: i just want to fly to Hawaii for suntan and surfing, Hong Kong for dimsum, France for art.. have the whole shopping mall as my pretty clothes wardrobe.. drive in luxurious sportscar.. stay in different vacation beach houses.. parties with lots of handsome oppas.. and waste my life away :tounge_xd:

well, i guess they lack nothing except family ties and true love.. but if they are in their teens and early 20’s they have all the time to waste?

kekekek.... true. even if they are miserable, eventually second lead will show up who is a nice sweet guy and he will kiss her hurts away. so really, she is good... unless she is a baddie... then she just ends up in jail. :tounge_wink:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

21 minutes ago, triplem said:

After Dear Citizens, i aspire to be a loan shark that eats her cake like that. This woman is small but scary ...and she always has fabulous outfits .. 

chaebol????...ahh who needs them when you have your own money that makes more money :D 

kekekek... this really shouldn't be the question but what kind of sponge cake can you pick up like that without melting?.. and why isn''t she just using a fork or spoon? ... oops, wrong question! :tounge_xd:

@stroppyse ~ what would your pick be? are you also thinking loan shark is not bad option after dear citizens? hahahhaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

what kind of sponge cake can you pick up like that without melting?.. and why isn''t she just using a fork or spoon? ... 

Lolll the cake is stressed out as well :) so it didn’t melt lol. The way she held the cake it’s like holding someone from the back collar...I would be stressed out if it happened to me lol. (Stand there like a popsicle...frozen:joy:

i was asking how do she not have cream all over her face lol

• LOL 5

17 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

i was asking how do she not have cream all over her face lol

She has mastered the art of eating cake ;)

• LOL 4

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@stroppyse ~ what would your pick be? are you also thinking loan shark is not bad option after dear citizens? hahahhaha

To be honest, I thought how she ate that cake was really disgusting, so loan shark is not an option for me, though I do find her a fascinating character in the drama.

Related image

I have to admit that I have a bit of a secret love for doctors in kdramas, especially when they're genius surgeons focused on saving lives. They are just so earnest and lovely. This is Yoon Kyun Sang as the second lead in Doctors. I had major SLS in this drama. :D
  • LOL 3

22 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I have to admit that I have a bit of a secret love for doctors in kdramas, especially when they're genius surgeons focused on saving lives. They are just so earnest and lovely. This is Yoon Kyun Sang as the second lead in Doctors. I had major SLS in this drama. :D

he looks way too good looking to be a doctor! hahahaha.... arent' doctors supposed to look tired, grumpy and worn out?

e038428737f285dea8271aef7f15a9a1.jpg

and... interesting... not one vote for lawyers so far. folks at soompi don't like lawyer dramas? too many speeches? ^_^

• LOL 3

14 hours ago, triplem said:

Who is she? She looks kinda familiar.

Best workplace is totally being some kind of agent of some hidden agency, preferably something official and kicking asses all day, while saving the day by rescueing the woman you just fell in love with.

I'm talking about ManXMan, My Secret Terius, Healer  or well, for the sake of it, eben Kill it. :D 

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Who is she? She looks kinda familiar.

Female lead in Manxman . You should watch Dear Citizens . She’s a great villainess . 

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

and... interesting... not one vote for lawyers so far. folks at soompi don't like lawyer dramas? too many speeches? ^_^

I like prosecutors! Especially the shady ones :D 

sim hee seop in Children of a Lesser God

tumblr_p6ifprVapv1tmq538o4_r1_500.gif

kim Kwon in He’s Psychometric 

7216ff84bb134dbf828060738f819659.jpeg

Lee Jun Hyuk in Secret Forest 

netflix-google-chrome-25_6_2017-10_48_09

kim young Kwang in Lookout

Spoiler

kim-young-kwang.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, triplem said:

sim hee seop in Children of a Lesser God

Hated his character to the max lol. Don’t remember why, but I hated him..

EDIT I was oppa bias to Ji Hwan so when that bad guy steps in to disturb i was like...roll eyes

• Sad 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

EDIT I was oppa bias to Ji Hwan so when that bad guy steps in to disturb i was like...roll eyes

I feel like our oppa as Jae In is the one continue disturbing him instead :joy:.

Often dropped to his place, eat ramen, see his abs etc.

Sometimes i even questioned, if they actually the real OTP in COALG lol. @triplem

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, triplem said:

I like prosecutors! Especially the shady ones :D 

@triplem, don't forget that Koreans distinguish between lawyers and prosecutors! So, prosecutors didn't even make the list of kdrama professions in this quiz.  So, all those guys you named don't count. :lol:

However, there is one lawyer that I do like. Ji Chang Wook in Suspicious Partner. He plays a prosecutor who has to quit because he allowed the female lead to get off on a murder charge (she wasn't guilty, and she had been set up to look guilty), and then he becomes a lawyer for awhile, but ultimately, goes back to being a prosecutor.

And, of course, there is Lee Bo Young who was a cracking lawyer in I Can Hear Your Voice.

So, even though I'm more partial to doctors, there are also lawyers in kdramaland that I like. I may just have to think a little harder to name them. ;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

don't forget that Koreans distinguish between lawyers and prosecutors! So, prosecutors didn't even make the list of kdrama professions in this quiz.  So, all those guys you named don't count. :lol:

Yes. I am aware . That’s why I did not vote for Lawyers. :D But i notice the prosecutors seem to have a lot more power ( than the cops ) & are more involved in the investigations than other countries. Do you think so ? 

I also like JCW in SP . So nice to have him back from the military. Surely we can expect some great fan service . 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

@triplem i actually like Lawless Lawyer bong sang pil

He talks law and punches well lol

That was a pretty good drama . I particularly liked the female antagonist who was the judge . I like my villains layered . 

3 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

I feel like our oppa as Jae In is the one continue disturbing him instead :joy:.

Often dropped to his place, eat ramen, see his abs etc.

Sometimes i even questioned, if they actually the real OTP in COALG lol. @triplem

Lol! Jae in and him had great chemistry. I always look forward to their scenes because they knew how to outwit each other .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, triplem said:

But i notice the prosecutors seem to have a lot more power ( then the cops )

Yes in kdrama look so. But lawyer richer i believe :joy:

Triplem you make me miss this guy, talking about prosecutor :

Hwang Shi Mok - expressionless prosecutor from Stranger / Secret Forest. 

I love my prosecutor clean and straight to the rules... 

Hfc91Oh.png

@sushilicious u no watch this? You might like it. One of the drama that left me with deep impression. Also rare drama that makes me sad its ended. But the strange thing is the couple few episodes make me quite sleepy to be honest. :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1