[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

4 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Shady mom asking about MS when she regained consciousness is interesting, she really loves him

strange kind of love that you would also be willing to give a kill orders -- what a danger to be loved by someone like that.

@tulip06 ~ yea definitely man soo should recover; he was the reason that we managed to get through all those dull episodes.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

strange kind of love that you would also be willing to give a kill orders -- what a danger to be loved by someone like that.

@tulip06 ~ yea definitely man soo should recover; he was the reason that we managed to get through all those dull episodes.

He needs to resume his revenge. So I think he will recover

7 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

@Lmangla I won't be able to stick to it if MS is not in it.  I'll be too heartbroken.

same here. am watching the show for him. there's something very kind about him where he knows and sees and is just hurting inside. makes it interesting to watch him. part of me thinks that he never meant to push jenny into a marriage but he absolutely believes that she is in some sort of danger and would perish otherwise. given how he has been investigating shady mom, who knows what all secrets he discovered...

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

same here. am watching the show for him. there's something very kind about him where he knows and sees and is just hurting inside. makes it interesting to watch him. part of me thinks that he never meant to push jenny into a marriage but he absolutely believes that she is in some sort of danger and would perish otherwise. given how he has been investigating shady mom, who knows what all secrets he discovered...

I totally agree.  I don't think ES could have handled Shady Mom as well as MS, and even then it was hard.  MS had done all that work for years.  I hope his giving up on marriage is a tactical retreat.  

MS realizes now how dangerous it is to be in Korea, and the gangsters as well as shady Mom are onto his game.  I'm sure he will still be in the picture, just in the background and feeding info to the cops.  He'll surely have some kind of network in the background.

Shady Mom slipped up when she asked "Is he alive?" during the discussion about MS with Jenny.  HA!  Poor Jenny is so out of the loop that it didn't faze her other than a puzzled ,"What?"

Dimwit Aunt can't understand why shady Mom has flipped about MS.  She's so naive;  I hope when the truth comes out she'll be sitting in front of a huge plate of crow.

5 hours ago, tulip06 said:

@Lmangla I won't be able to stick to it if MS is not in it.  I'll be too heartbroken.

Don't worry he won't disappear, he is just recovering to continue his revenge. He can't marry Jenny because Shady mom knows about him being her enemy. I prefer it that way because jenny will make him miserable. I hope Jenny gets to like him later on (as a friend only :D ), because he really wanted to protect her

7 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Am I the only one who doesn't like MS? I feel like people like him just because he's attractive.

Also, this drama needs more revenge, getting a little bored now :sleeping:

Nah I dont like him at all either have not forgot what he has done.

29 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Nah I dont like him at all either have not forgot what he has done.

It is because you prefer ES :D 

Actually poor ES doesn't have many scenes and he is too kind for his own good. 

MS is intriguing, I guess it would have been better if he concentrated on the revenge

I like both of them actually. As for his role in separating Jenny and ES, perhaps he was trying to win shady mom over??? Not sure really, because he is so mysterious

I am breaking the record in liking villains :mrgreen:

I wasn't like that in the past, I don't know what happened to me. Maybe because in kdrama the OTP are separated for 119 episodes, so I just got bored ??? I used to get very angry when the villain separates the OTP and usually drop the drama.

Am I the only one thinking MS is actually working with the gangsters? It is obvious his accident was staged and set up. The gangster dude knew too much about the accident details.

My theory is that Shady Mom double crossed the gangsters in the past and MS’s role was to lure her back to Korea where the gangsters could get to her. Rather than killing her they are making sure she gets implicated in a money laundering scheme and takes the fall for it.

2 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Am I the only one thinking MS is actually working with the gangsters? It is obvious his accident was staged and set up. The gangster dude knew too much about the accident details.

My theory is that Shady Mom double crossed the gangsters in the past and MS’s role was to lure her back to Korea where the gangsters could get to her. Rather than killing her they are making sure she gets implicated in a money laundering scheme and takes the fall for it.

But MS dreamed of his father warning  him of coming danger. I  don't think he is involved with those gangsters. The gangster  dude is assistant of shady mom's brother. He wanted to get rid of both MS and shady mom 

But I think MS's grandfather is a real gangster. This wealth and hotels are not normal.

23 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Now that the engagement is broken off... What will happen now?

It looks like ES and Jenny are back together.  They are embracing by the end.

Eun Ji has jumped the shark and in desperation appealed to Chairman Oh to help her nab Dong Joo.  She showed him the picture of her and sleeping Dong Joo and he is shocked.  I'm hoping Chairman can see through it all.  Song Ah has appealed to DJ to be firm with pesky Eun Ji.   He looks serious and sick of EJ butting in.

Shady Mom is back home, very sore and slow moving, but super crabby and back to her snarling ways.  Jenny tells Mrs. Ji and Song Ah that the marriage is officially off.  They are excited and encourage her to see ES.

Preview shows MS back at planning his next move.  This is getting interesting.  And no, I do not believe he is working with the gangsters.  Remember it was the gangsters that shook up "Lucky" and had his phone, and MS had to file a missing person report.

12 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

It is because you prefer ES :D 

Actually poor ES doesn't have many scenes and he is too kind for his own good. 

MS is intriguing, I guess it would have been better if he concentrated on the revenge

I like both of them actually. As for his role in separating Jenny and ES, perhaps he was trying to win shady mom over??? Not sure really, because he is so mysterious

I am breaking the record in liking villains :mrgreen:

I wasn't like that in the past, I don't know what happened to me. Maybe because in kdrama the OTP are separated for 119 episodes, so I just got bored ??? I used to get very angry when the villain separates the OTP and usually drop the drama.

kekeke.... villains are usually the most interesting characters in dailies but man soo is really mysterious. like @tulip06 said, he has had a tough time managing shady mom. so here's my supposition -- man soo needed some way in to the family and considering how suspicious shady mom is of everyone, the only way in was as a suitor for jenny. once he got in, he used her trust to try and find more info.

however, unlike irritating second leads in other dramas, he never pushed for marriage. instead, he was the one who was putting the brakes on shady mom's manipulation saying jenny needed time. this went on for years. and even jenny broke up with eun seok, shady mom wanted a marriage ceremony but again man soo put the brakes and asked for engagement instead with the wedding held a month later. so it is not jenny who put the full stop but really it has always been man soo.

and jenny has been very open where she has shared how she feels about eun seok to man soo. isn't that strange for second lead? she treats and confides in him like a brother because she doesn't have many people. when she says that she has tried hard but she still feels no attraction and is in love with eun seok, his reaction was very interesting. he just gave a sad smile and said it was enough that she tried. that itself is bizarre because most second leads would have meltdowns -- there would be tantrums on why she likes that fella, what she sees in that fella, she should give him a chance etc etc. so we never saw that typical second lead dialogues.

and once he realizes that shady mom knows and he is in danger, his instinct isn't to run away with jenny. instead it is to prepare jenny financially so that she can be independent. so while man soo is in love with jenny, also think he was in a precarious situation. if he accepted that jenny does not love him, then he has no way of continuing his ties with shady mom and getting info. so he needs to keep it going despite jenny's dislike and it pains him on some level to be stuck there. heck, man soo is playing such a different game that even eun seok and gradpa find it strange

18 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Am I the only one who doesn't like MS? I feel like people like him just because he's attractive.

Also, this drama needs more revenge, getting a little bored now :sleeping:

He is extremely attractive, so much so that the actor needed a couple of days off from our thirst! 

And he is the only one working on revenge.  So, if he goes, I go. 

finally caught on yesterday as well as today's ep:

18 hours ago, msmy said:

Shady Mom slipped up when she asked "Is he alive?" during the discussion about MS with Jenny.  HA!  Poor Jenny is so out of the loop that it didn't faze her other than a puzzled ,"What?"

kekeke... as usual, jenny doesn't even think "well isn't that a horrible question to ask?" or how strange is that...

the kiss between dong joo and song ah was rather cutely shot. did anyone else think the way PD framed the shoes getting close as really sweet?

9 hours ago, msmy said:

Eun Ji has jumped the shark and in desperation appealed to Chairman Oh to help her nab Dong Joo.  She showed him the picture of her and sleeping Dong Joo and he is shocked.  I'm hoping Chairman can see through it all.  Song Ah has appealed to DJ to be firm with pesky Eun Ji.   He looks serious and sick of EJ butting in.

eun ji is really over the top as she seems to see dong joo as a kind of toy where he has no feelings or decision making power. it doesn't help that she belongs to a set of friends who seem to see men as accessories they can get as long as they can pursue hard enough. she and chairman are both going to be highly embarrassed when the photo comes out. wish dong joo would do more than ignore her and simply tell her that she makes him uncomfortable and behaves like a stalker.

10 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Now that the engagement is broken off... What will happen now?

it will be interesting to see how it plays out; so eun seok and jenny are getting back together but based on preview for next ep, it looks like man soo and shady mom are going to have open wars on telephone. so maybe he will let down his mask and really argue with her. if that happens, it is going to be highly entertaining to see mock duels held over telephone. kekekek... :lol:

and man soo-jenny breakup was the softest chilled out breakup I have seen in a drama in a while and it felt like a real good parting on terms where jenny would be kind of happy to run into him again. shady mom was all sorts of bizarre -- who on earth gets alimony with an engagement? and she already wants to set up jenny with someone else except jenny is no longer having it. everyone is quite puzzled over shady mom's sudden dislike of man soo.

it will be interesting to see if man soo and kyung in develop a relationship while editing the book together. makes me wonder why man soo wants control over the book. is he hoping that kyung in will poke around if he gives her the right questions?

Archived