[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

I like the only one that despise  MS for what he did to ES and Jenny  lol, I doubt I ever like him first impressions is still the same.

Oh well just going to have to bare with it until they move on to something I more interested  in.

giphy.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really loved that SA gave DJ a kiss on the cheek!  He really loves and care about her! The way SA was looking at him while she was in the car, it was just love overload!  The way she smiles at him, OMG!!!  She is sooo adorable and he as well!  They are seriously the best couple!  

Guys, I am starting to feel bad for Man soo!  He wants nothing but the safety of Jenny.  I really hope he can succeed both in taking revenge on his mother and in love. 

WOW!! This is a real twist!  HA! HA! HA!  Episode 58 is going to be awesome.  MS was in his car and the big red truck was bearing down on him.  He had a shocked look on his face,  then cutaway to phone calls to shady Mom.  She took a taxi to a remote area (underpass) where the driver let her out and she walked up to gangster brother's assistant's  car and gave him the money.  He left and she was walking  in the underpass and Man Soo's black car ran her down!!! OMG!!!   I'm sure he'll go into hiding now.  Jenny got the call from the hospital about shady Mom.    There is a lot more, have to wait for subs.  Can't wait for the blackmail to start.  :D

All she will get now is the sympathy card though for a good while.

She just going to used this to control Jenny even more when ever she wakes up if she remembers.

Also that was the worse accident I ever seen in a show lol so poorly done.

I have doubts it was MS in the car since they did not show him he is going to get setup I feel. He could be knocked out somewhere as well.

Link to episode 58

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/suspicious-mother-in-law-e58.html

Ep 57, about 21 minutes in, shows a very disturbing caricature of an African person by Korean females. Not sure if it's cool in Asia (Korea) to misappropriate other cultures, specifically African.

While it's not specifically "blackface," nor is the afro-cized hair black, the denigrating and, frankly, racist caricature depictions of Africans is definitely not cool. "Cute Afro Woman / Chic Afro Woman" is NOT "chic!" Please do better, writers and producers.

(On second thought, I'm not going to post the disturbing picture even though its straight off the DVR screen. Go to scene in the 21st minute where Lee Dong Joo is laughing at the text message he got from his sister and daughter.)

5 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Jenny is getting bolder. Love it.

Also, the blackface thing was not cool! 

They don't think twice about doing it there. They don't have a race-based slavery history, so they don't get how bad it is. One would have to compare it to mocking comfort women for them to get it. @Jonah Kyle

OMG, @msmy I have to nap, but I can't wait to watch!!!

8 hours ago, Jonah Kyle said:

Ep 57, about 21 minutes in, shows a very disturbing caricature of an African person by Korean females. Not sure if it's cool in Asia (Korea) to misappropriate other cultures, specifically African.

While it's not specifically "blackface," nor is the afro-cized hair black, the denigrating and, frankly, racist caricature depictions of Africans is definitely not cool. "Cute Afro Woman / Chic Afro Woman" is NOT "chic!" Please do better, writers and producers.

(On second thought, I'm not going to post the disturbing picture even though its straight off the DVR screen. Go to scene in the 21st minute where Lee Dong Joo is laughing at the text message he got from his sister and daughter.)

Ok I am really angry with this garbage being a black person myself. :rage:

So sick of seeing this  crap.

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

They don't think twice about doing it there. They don't have a race-based slavery history, so they don't get how bad it is. One would have to compare it to mocking comfort women for them to get it@Jonah Kyle

While much of Korean (and in extension, most of Asian, both East and South) dramas are less diverse than their Western drama productions, with international fandoms popping up around the world, such caricatures DO present a sting to those affected no matter the relative pristine history insulating it (Asia) from African history and slavery compared to Western cultures.

In addition, consider the fact that Asian dramas are now being expanded to international markets, which in fact include all races, countries, and ethnicities. While I am one who certainly stands up for individual rights, including creative artistic rights that may or may not offend others at certain times, consider the effect it has on others.

As an example, one only has to look at Western (predominantly US) movies and even television portrayals from the 30's through the mid-60's of most references of Asia, with the sing-song music introduction of Asian locations or characters. Obviously, what was once considered normal trans-national associations is considered racist. Just a thought.

EDIT: I just want to mention that the vast majority of Asians are, in fact, celebratory of all cultures, particularly the younger generation, in particular music and the arts. That is why the "cute Afro" references must be curtailed.

Someone mentioned before that MS needed bodyguards, but I think he must have people in the background helping him.  The morning clock showing 5:30 am, then 6:00 am,  indicated to me that there was a set time for things to begin.  Shady Mom got a call from the gangster  that MS was planning to leave at 6:00 am, so I'm pretty sure that was a setup on MS's part.  At the underpass, Shady Mom was definitely being watched by someone from afar.  When the black car hit her, that was probably another person. And how did the person in the black car know that she was going to be picked up?   The reports from the accident said MS's car totally burned, but no body was found.  The gangster told shady Mom that because  the crash was so violent, MS couldn't possibly have survived.  WRONG!  I think he is alive and will be in hiding and working to nail shady Mom and her brother.  It sounded like brother must have been behind the killing of MS's dad.

Anyway, this is getting good.  Evidently shady Mom is in terrible shape and almost dead, but the nurse said she will live (too bad her mouth isn't wired shut!)  <_<  From the preview it looks like Dong Joo and Kyung Soo might be getting more info at the police station because the circumstances are just so bizarre.

3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Ok I am really angry with this garbage being a black person myself. :rage:

So sick of seeing this  crap.

Don't be sad chingu. A person is judged by his good deeds, not his colour. Only ignorant shallow people are discriminating 

I still have not watched today's  episode. I watch it in the evening at 10 pm ( 20:00 GMT) usually. The preview doesn't  reveal anything. We have to wait till Monday <_<<_<

@msmy Just got on here to say I don’t think it’s AMS tried killing Shady Mom. After all, she is most likely his mom. I think it is that gang. They wouldn’t like her picking up a rich son in law because that would look like she might ditch them, and they wouldn’t forgive that son in law investigating them.

This is unexpected. In addition to MS's expected accident, shady mom too is injured. I guess MS will disappear for a couple of episodes now. Since his corpse isn't found, he will fake death. I am glad he won't marry Jenny, I just hope they become friends instead. Still so many mysteries. This is the only drama I keep up with daily without skipping

Archived