[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

14 hours ago, angrytomato said:

@Table122000, Viki and translating off-topic:

Reveal hidden contents

No, please, don't misinterpret me... the longest and well explained a speech is, the more I'm loving it. And I understand it pretty well: some years ago, I was also a volunteer at translating (Japanese manga, in my case), but with no schedule or time pressure.

Actually, I've watched several series at Viki (no pass, free access) and I was always annoyed by a zillion comments like "por favor subs en español"... "onde estão os subs de língua portuguesa?"... "it's been 0.00001 seconds since this episode's upload and still no English subs" :sweatingbullets:

@angrytomato Yes, I understand.

Spoiler

I see a lot of that type of comment too and so I wanted to let people know about the process at Viki so hopefully that type of frustration will be at a minimum for Tale of Nokdu.  Anyway, I think Viki might be handling this drama in a different way than usual because a lot of the articles at Soompi have been  including that TON will "be available with English subs" at Viki, and that statement has never been included before. Soompi is owned by Viki so that tells me they are planning something.  I noticed yesterday for a different KBS drama the english subs were finished super fast (like 3 hours after posting), which is unheard of for Viki. I checked the team members and surprise, channel manager is Viki staff, and no record of anyone working on the episode that day. So I suspect Viki made a deal with KBS to get the episode early and staff work on the english subs for that drama but promise not to post the subs until after Kocowa post first. (KBS is part owner of Kocowa ) TON is a KBS drama and I think Viki might have made a similar deal with KBS regarding the english subs, and that viki staff will work on it for the english language. We shall see. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

BTS Video of Script Reading Subbed by Viki: https://www.viki.com/videos/1157106v-making-1

Unfortunately for me, Viki isn't available in my country :huh:..

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Anyways, it's D-DAY~!!!!! 

giphy.gif 

... just a few hours before the press con :D.. hope we can see the highlight teaser as well..

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Kim So Hyun & Jang Dong Yoon - Premieres TONIGHT
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

Archived