Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

Spoiler

There is a casting news from dc gal. It's for 상인 cast. Sang-in means a merchant but reading from comments, Sang-in also belong to Joseon era. If this is true, then...:blink:

The Chinese Trumpet Vine pendant...

Btw, have a nice day everyone!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

The plot is very addicting and hilarious. Though i’m little bit confuse when the scene was part of the stage and when it’s real. Like the scene when BK pushed HR to the bookcase until his forehead bleeding. Was it real? If it was real then BK did something outside of the comic book staged. But DO heard the sound which is heard everytime she is entering the staged scene. So i assumed what BK did transformed to comic book stage. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wow what a beautiful flower! Chinese trumpet vine. Found out it blooms from June to August! So what's their connection to this flower?? I'm very curious!!

Related image

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I like all these spoilers I read.

Now, the drama is even more interesting.

I would like Haru and BK to be a little more smiling.

The scenes between Danoh and Dohwa are so fun. :D

They both had sense of humor.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dundee said:

The plot is very addicting and hilarious. Though i’m little bit confuse when the scene was part of the stage and when it’s real. Like the scene when BK pushed HR to the bookcase until his forehead bleeding. Was it real? If it was real then BK did something outside of the comic book staged. But DO heard the sound which is heard everytime she is entering the staged scene. So i assumed what BK did transformed to comic book stage. 

I believe it was on stage but BK acted out of character and that’s why things are changing... he hurt an “extra” who didn’t have a name in the first place which means things that aren’t supposed to happen are now happening.. they’re making it seem like Haru is this bad omen and bad things are going to happen because of him but I think it’s because of him that things are becoming “real.” Plus, during that scene, DO was in character and it looked like Haru was too.. it looked like he wanted to do and say something but couldn’t because he’s a nobody.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

When Haru couldn't talk , he remind me of mermaid Shim Chung of Legend Of The Blue Sea:joy:in EP 1

:joy: Chani ya :joy: she is with your Hyung now

• Like 4

On 10/11/2019 at 6:48 AM, Peach said:
  Hide contents

Hey, you got it right!!! This is the ending of webtoon version haha. In the last chapter, there is an interview with Secret author. Actually she feels very pity for Dan Oh (Dan Oh died in the comic secret), so on her next work Dan Oh becomes the female lead. It's about a time travel story! She's travel to Joseon Era and meet her male lead here. And guess what? It's Haru!!! LOL

But drama version has so many changes. I think the scriptwriters use this idea for another twist for Haru background. I don't know...

What about Dried Squid? What's his role in the webtoon/manhwa?

On 10/11/2019 at 4:31 AM, tulip06 said:

I got up to episode 4 this evening. Is Dried Squid the writer?

I'm wondering the same thing, but then why did Dried Squid tell Eun Oh about the manhwa Secret?

• Like 3

I’ve been in a drama slump for a couple of months now and decided to check this show out on a whim and I have to say I’m hooked! 

The story line is really interesting and I desperately want to know what happens next! Love how plucky and snarky the heroine is and the burgeoning love triangle with Haru and Kyung :love:

This and the tale of Nok Du has officially taken me out of the drama slump! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cinnyangel said:

What about Dried Squid? What's his role in the webtoon/manhwa?

Spoiler

He has a backstory, seems like he comes from another manhwa. I don't really know, it's like a wuxia comic (?). He tends to kill everyone he saw that's why blood always cover him up. Then, he meets a girl who doesn't scare at him and fall in love with her. But in the end, he killed her. The girl now is in Seuli High School, becomes a teacher.

I don't really know what happened, so maybe there are any mistakes.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Dundee said:

As much fun as this drama is, I have to admit that it's also a bit of a mind puzzle. Trying to keep straight the manhwa world with the staging area of the manhwa world as well as the "real" world of the writer, but all told from the perspective of the characters who have come to realize that they are in a fictional world. I have to say that this is a very different drama from the others I've seen. It helps to laugh, but the mind puzzles are just as engaging as the humor.

Plus, knowing that they are fictional characters who are controlled by the writer means that the normal rules of life, death, and memory don't hold. Makes it even more fascinating. I'm trying to keep from reading the spoilers from the webtoon, though not sure how much longer I can hold out...

Reading this thread, I've glimpsed enough comments even outside of the spoilers to change my mind in terms of who Jinmichie might be. I thought he was possibly the personification of the writer since he knows so much about the manhwa world, but then I think that perhaps he knows too much about the manhwa world to really be the writer. The actual writer would probably not be aware of the staging areas where characters can revert to their "true selves" versus their "written selves".

• Like 7

@Dundee @stroppyse

This is confusing me as well. Because when Ha Ru and Dan Oh find the pendant, Dan Oh is put back on the stage at the train station, right? And there she is seeing Ha Ru and wonders if he can remember her or not. So was that part of the comic or not? And when Kyung gets jealous because of Ha Ru in the library was this planned by the writer? Because they are not on the stage or am I wrong and then Dan Oh faints and she right back in the actual story... And when Ha Ru hits Kyung shouldn't the writer put them all back on the stage because this is not how the story goes? It's definitely not clear to me what's planned by the writer and what's the characters own doing.

I wonder if Dan Oh and Ha Ru meeting was somewhat planned because the umbrella magically flew and ended up in the trumpet flower bush back then and that's how they "met".

I think though it makes sense that Ha Ru is aware of the world longer than any other character. Because he is an even less important extra - without a name, backstory etc. - he got a lot time on his hand. So he just wanders around in the world and probably like Dan Oh came across the book in the library where he must've spend a lot of time since he got his little hidden corner there.

And in the camp, he was wandering around as well and found the place he took Dan Oh to. And I think he must know a lot more than Dan Oh knows about how the story goes. So I'm really curious what's going to happen. :D

Some thoughts on Kyung:

I'm torn between hating him and feeling for him. He is terrible, and I honestly don't want to justify his actions with how his father is treating him. BUT what the... how badly is his father treating him. Like you can't make a kid responsible when your business doesn't go well, mister!

On another note, I noticed Kyung seems to become aware of himself as well because he was wondering where he was before he arrived with all the students in the camp. So this is gonna be interesting.

• Like 7

Ohhhh mannnnn just started watching this yesterday and binged the 4 episodes. I think i'm getting the second lead syndrome with Bae Kyung. I like the characters that aren't exactly 'good' and I wish we could see his character change for the better but I don't think that will happen because the drama isn't long enough and it's a kdrama lol. I really wish there wouldn't be a love triangle because you already know who DO will end up with and so far I like both of the two male characters. I've never really watched any kdrama with a PROPER love triangle where its 50/50 on who will end up with who.  All three of them have good chemistry together too.

It's pretty obvious that BK genuinely cares for DO and he's never been aware of it because she's always been there pretty much stuck? I'm looking forward to BK actually feeling and experiencing hurt. Despite DO not having much longer to live, I think BK needs to experience not to take things for granted with DO (since it's been so long, BK believes DO will always stick to him). 

I agree, Baekyung has definitely been more aware (even since the start of the drama) and he was the first one who actually noticed Haru in the library. I also think DO's flower in the childhood flashback is the same flower that Haru always looks at. Haru's is basically writing/drawing his own story I think haha. 

I am really enjoying the actress playing DO, she's doing a great job especially since a big part of the time it's she's talking to herself. 

Dohwa is a much more interesting character than the main manhwa leads JD and NJ. I don't really pay too much attention to them since they aren't as real hahahah.

Wondering if any other characters will become self aware? I think it will only be the kitchen fairy, do hwa, dan oh and lastly, baekyung. 

I wonder what the 'black/green' hole is? The easiest guess would be real-life but I dont know if the drama will touch on that.

Overall I think this drama is doing really good. Storytelling in a different way with the 'manhwa' theme. 

• Like 8

Hey guys, I'm just loving this drama. All the characters are interesting.

I made a small MV on the leads, hope you guys like it. :D

• Like 6