[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

0ly40

In most K-drama the husband is always showing a different face once he wants to leave his wife, this time we have a husband who is decent but his life was interrupted by a seductive woman, he will definitely fall for her temptation, but my questions will he became like the other husbands in k-drama who will mistreat his ex and became awful to her? or would he get divorced in a good manner and treat her respectfully out of guilt? because usually the ex turns into brainless manchild and makes it as if it is her fault for not keeping him "interested". Then he will start ruining her life once she moves on. But it is a good thing that if she got a job her line of work will definitely be cooking and not in medicine where when they work in one place sabotage is always in place. The main lead knows how kind and sweet she is but if his sister turned her into a monster and he believed her I will lose my temper. I hope he will be like the lead in "Happy Sisters", he knew her well to be her rock.

By the way, why in K-drama the mother is always wearing a white headband and lays in the bed sick when something doesn't go her way? :tounge_xd:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, howa said:

By the way, why in K-drama the mother is always wearing a white headband and lays in the bed sick when something doesn't go her way?

kekkeke... one of the common dramaland tropes -- the union leader mom!  hahahahha.....

chingus, do join us!

15 hours ago, howa said:

In most K-drama the husband is always showing a different face once he wants to leave his wife, this time we have a husband who is decent but his life was interrupted by a seductive woman, he will definitely fall for her temptation, but my questions will he became like the other husbands in k-drama who will mistreat his ex and became awful to her? or would he get divorced in a good manner and treat her respectfully out of guilt? because usually the ex turns into brainless manchild and makes it as if it is her fault for not keeping him "interested". Then he will start ruining her life once she moves on. But it is a good thing that if she got a job her line of work will definitely be cooking and not in medicine where when they work in one place sabotage is always in place. The main lead knows how kind and sweet she is but if his sister turned her into a monster and he believed her I will lose my temper. I hope he will be like the lead in "Happy Sisters", he knew her well to be her rock.

By the way, why in K-drama the mother is always wearing a white headband and lays in the bed sick when something doesn't go her way? :tounge_xd:

I doubt garbage husband will be happy to see another man interested in her. So yeah he will act like a child.

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

the poor wife doesn't deserve this :(

I blame her husband too :(

the seductress is so bad, but the husband is also to blame

Yep at first sure it was not his fault but now with the thoughts he is having even trying to pursuit it makes him just as guilty 

Since I am watching this on KBS World I am still a few episodes back and I still have to catch up on a few episodes that I have missed. But regardless here are my thoughts regarding this drama so far.

Spoiler

So far it seems to be okay. Pretty much what you expect from a daily. There are people that you clearly hate aka Sangmi, Characters that you semi hate aka Gemhui’s parents and characters that are just way to good aka Gemhui herself. Since I have missed a few episodes I seem to have a few questions regarding some of the characters.

But before I get into any of that I have a guess on my part and I am wondering what you all think about it ie is it possible or farfetched.

I predict that Jun Ho’s mother is already related to Sangmi’s family and if that is possible I shall find it really amusing and laugh my head off. Reason why I assume this is as follows. Drama characters tend to be related with someone else or the other generally without being aware of said facts. But the real clue happens to be when Sangmi’s parents are discussing each other’s siblings. the mother is embarrassed because her SiL is married to their driver whereas the father brings up the fact that a driver is much better than a Wife Beater. Now he clearly doesn’t mention that her brother is a Wife Beater but it is implied. Now who do we know that fits that description from all the characters that we have been introduced so far. The answer is Jun Ho’s mother. We see that she has run away from home because she has had enough abuse from her husband (who clearly beats her hence her swollen eye.) If this is indeed the case, then that would make her husband Sangmi’s Uncle and her mother’s brother. I then wonder how the marriage will take place. Thankfully the characters aren’t related by blood all that much so it might get a pass and probably this fact might be revealed on the wedding day if there even is a wedding in the first place.

People have suggested that if Sangmi and Junho end up getting married they will have an unhappy life especially if the husband cheats on her after all if he can cheat on his wife once who he was happily married to and really loved her the second time would be easier. I have to say that while possible I would wager that if anyone from that couple would end up cheating it would probably be Sangmi instead of Junho. The reason I say this is because her character seems to be in the form of someone who is rich so she can have whatever she wants. Not only that but she is the person that seems to be interested in new toys and when she has her fill she moves onto the next and better one. If we continue with this analysis of her character, then it is safe to assume that is what is going to happen to her with Jun Ho. Currently she seems interested in him for two main reasons. Firstly, because he seems unobtainable due to him not showing any interest in her because he is married. For her competitive nature her pride just can’t seem to accept that. How dare someone reject her. So she wants him. Follow this fact that Jun Ho happens to be her rivals (Gemhui’s) husband makes this even more of a motivating factor since she now also wants him so that she can have revenge on Gemhui for so called stealing her first love. Once she has Jun Ho in her grasp the novelty of all this is eventually going to wear of and she will return to her old ways. In fact, I even wonder why she had a divorce in the first place did her In Laws catch her having an affair. That would be so much fun.

Regardless of this I do agree that if those two end up getting married it won’t be The Happily Ever After both of them were expecting and they will start to miss their old life. Neither of them seem to realize just how good they currently have it.

Jun Ho seems to be unable to cook and kind of meals and this is taken care of by his wife currently. Now that isn’t normally a problem unfortunately the same can be said for Sangmi she can’t cook as well thus her asking her brother for cooking tips and all. This is already going to be an issue. Jun Ho seems more focused on his career that I feel that he doesn’t seem to have all that much time to take care of little details like that. I even wonder just how much time he even devotes to his wife. So he would just return home to relax and have a good home cooked meal something that Sangmi currently isn’t able to provide. On the other hand, she probably won’t be getting any kind of breakfast in bed and if he doesn’t pay all that much attention to her after marriage she will be greatly disappointed. She probably thinks his lack of interest in her is due to him being currently married and that will soon change after marriage is going to be a major shocker.

Let’s face it she has simply got a terrible example in her parents. They should be divorced by this point and I have no idea why this isn’t the case. The kids can’t be used as an excuse if they ever were since both of them are now fully grown and can take care of themselves. The father seems to be successful in the sense that he owns his own hospital and even has a hobby that he finds more interesting that his own wife. In other words, he will be okay after moving out. He just needs a good servant to prepare his meals and tidy his house while he is at work. As for the mother she seems to have come from a wealthy family so she can just use that money to live on comfortably. Let her have the house that they currently live in and she shouldn’t make much of an issue. Another reason why they should get divorced is simply for the fact that the love just isn’t in that marriage anymore as can be seen by the fact that they already sleep in different beds and their numerous arguments. They can’t seem to even see eye to eye on a lot of things. Such as she doesn’t treat people like humans and is embarrassed that her BiL also happens to be their current driver not only that it seems that she SiL is mentally challenged so she takes advantage of said fact as well. If the husband moves out he can also better protect his sister from his wife etc..

Other things to expect and wonder where they will go.

Dr, Yun (the female doctor at Sangmi’s clininc) clearly has feelings for Sung Won so this would make her Gemhui’s romantic rival. Problem now is where will she end up with. Since she seems to be on equally good terms with Sangmi will she end up siding with her and her evil plans even if she isn’t fully aware of what is going on or will she be the better woman and side with Sung Won and care that his happiness matters more. For instance, she seems to be aware of Jun Ho and his status ie she has already met his wife Gemhui thus she knows that he is married. So in this case if Jun Ho not only gets a divorce from her but ends up marrying Sangmi she will have a pretty good idea of what happened and this would free Gemhui from being with someone new. At this point will she still side with Sangmi knowing that her friend was responsible for breaking up a family or will she side with Sung Won and Gemhui. If she sides with Sangmi I will lose any kind of respect for her but knowing how manipulative Sang Mi really is we will have to see how this goes on. Though I really don’t see how Sang Mi can turn herself into a victim here but she can easily try and convince the Doctor that getting rid of Gemhui would be in her best interest. If we follow the typical Second Female Lead role then Dr. Yun is probably covered ie I had feelings for Sang Won from ages who is this Gemhui person to come and make a move on my man. If she hadn’t shown up I would finally have Sung Won all to myself. But she has a chance of being a better person because she is a supporting character. Hope that she chooses the correct path.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that Youreum is the child of Sung Won’s first love and him. If that is a case that will certainly be an interesting storyline. Was it shown in one of the episodes that I missed or is that wishful thinking on some of the posters her. Though this being a drama this revelation won’t surprise me one bit. Also this probably means that she will be bound to make an appearance at some point. Probably be invited by Sang Mi to get rid of Gemhui and further add drama to the drama. She probably needs that to happen so that Gemhui doesn’t become part of her family not only will meals be akward with her around considering her Ex Husband is now her husband etc.. as well as her wanting to protect what she thinks belongs to her. Aka the clinic. Currently the clinic will probably fall to her especially if she gets Jun Ho since her dad has already mentioned that he might pass it on to him later on. But this will drastically change if her brother Sung Won were to take interest in the clinic as well. So far he hasn’t shown any kind of interest in running the clinic in any part or form. But that doesn’t mean that he is unable to do so. He has medical knowledge he just chooses not to use it due to him rebelling against his mother and not letting him be with his first love. If he agrees to return to medicine his mother is going to be over the moon. This would now make him more eligible to inherit the clinic later on. Plus, if it turns out that Yeoreum is his kid then he also has the potential of inheriting it later on. So this would make Sang Mi extremely furious as she would start to think that Gemhui is once again taking things that belong to her. So this would be a good reason to bring back the Ex. It would cause conflict between the main leads. Perhaps she would be okay with her brother taking over the hospital as long as Gemhui doesn’t get it or better yet she would think that since he ends back with his first love then he will continue to stay away from the clinic whether it be in the form of management or working in it.

Another question that I have was Jun Ho’s mother aware that she was having her housewarming party at Gemhui’s parents house. The reason that I ask this is because it happened in one of the episodes that I missed so a few of the details seem unclear to me or totally absurd. It appeared to me that she had no idea of this fact till Gemhui showed up to dinner with Jun Ho but how is this even possible. It probably comes under a major Drama Fail. I mean I am well aware that this is probably a well-known trope here that a character ends up at X’s house not being aware that this also belongs to Y as well. Problem here that while I can believe to some extent that characters are generally blind how this happens over here is harder to buy. We all know how Koreans are big on family so they always have a large family portrait in their house. Now normally when characters show up in X’s house they fail to notice said picture which I find weird because it is natural to look over at a strange place and not notice such a thing. But let’s go with the flow there. Unfortunately, it is harder to believe here because Jun Ho’s mother literally moved the family portrait when she was having the house warming party. How is it possible that she didn’t see the family members on it. Gemhui is clearly present in it so she has little to no excuse not to recognize her DiL in it. Gemhui isn’t all that different in it. Even if we were to assume that she didn’t notice said point when she was removing the picture there is no way that she wasn’t able to see the picture when she was placing it back. Heck even I can’t come up with a logical explanation for this one. But then I have to even question if she did know whose house she was living in why do a house warming party there since Gemhui would instantly recognize her own house so hiding the pictures would be of no avail but her comment that she had recovered from one near disaster confused me a bit.

Speaking of the housewarming party brings me to another question how is it that Gemhui’s BiL was unaware of the fact that he was visiting his In Laws place. He clearly recognizes both sisters so he must have met them at the wedding not only that Gemhui shows up at his place at times to see that he is okay so it is understandable for her. But other than that have the families been having little to no interactions with each other that they haven’t visited the other families place ever. Again I find this impossible to believe. While I can perhaps believe that any functions the two families had was probably held at Gemhui’s place due to it being bigger and all so it might be slightly probably. Until we have to remember something the guys side of the family always shows up with wedding gifts to the girls’ side where we have the drama of perhaps not letting them inside until they pay some sort of fare etc in this case Jun Ho’s brother and some of his friends must have shown up at Gemhui’s place thus he should have recognized it or atleast felt it was familiar. The only explanation that I can come up with is that either her family moved after her marriage or else there was some major development that made the place harder to recognize. Also why weren’t the two families meeting so often since Geumbi couldn’t recognize her BiL yet he could do so. We wouldn’t have a lot of drama between them so that is a good excuse but in reality I doubt that should be the case.

I am also wondering just how Sangmi is going to convince her mother to accept Jun Ho as her husband. For his mother it really won’t be all that much of a problem. First she simply needs to assure her that since she is rich she can take care of her for life, secondly tell her that since her father owns a clinic and since no one else in the family is interested in running it, it will be handed down to her husband (in this case Jun Ho) so her son should be an owner of a clinic to add to his achievements of being a successful doctor and all. All winners for his mother and if she is pregnant then she can add that she has another advantage over Gemhui namely she is continuing her family’s bloodline something that the mother wants and would probably accept her. Though I guess having a nagging MiL who spends all your hard earned money might not be something that she likes. Unfortunately, her mother might not be so easy to persuade. She is after all about presentation and we have already seen her reaction towards her SiL who is married to their driver. This embarrasses her a lot. Yet this is far worse her daughter steals a married man. Even if this fact can be hidden I doubt that she would be so willing to approve of him. Secondly we have seen how she was towards her sons first love. She disapproved of her probably because she wasn’t from a well of family or rich if that was the case for her son won’t she be the same for her daughter as well. The only thing that I can see that they can use to persuade her is the fact that marrying him they get to keep the clinic in the family rather than with a stranger but I am unsure just how much the mother cares about the clinic. On the other hand, if Sang Mi ends up pregnant she might change her tune just to avoid the gossip/scandal that her daughter got pregnant when she isn’t married. She may even decide to take matters into her own hands and be the one to offer an envelope of money to Gemhui to leave her husband just so that her daughters image and reputation don’t get ruined

I also don’t like how the writers are trying to paint Jun Ho’s mother in a negative light (aka she is the victim) at certain points. For instance, we should feel sorry for her because she lives with a wife beater. While I can understand some of her actions I can’t approve her fully. Sure she may have been misunderstood but in the end she chose to leave her family of her own accord. So she gets no sympathy points from me. Unless they show us that Jun Ho kicked her out on the cold street with nothing to her name I’m not going to approve of her. For instance, I can understand the bit regarding her purchasing meat on a discount and why she told her husband that. It was to motivate him unfortunately her son didn’t see it that way. But other than that we really haven’t seen much to feel sorry for her. She is an extremely manipulative person who uses whatever she can to take get an advantage. She got beaten by her husband but she decides to use it to her gain when she got into that fight at the sauna just to get some extra money from the person she fought. She also uses the kindness of other people against them so in short she is a terrible person in my book not to be pitied so easily.

I know that I have some more to add but will do that later on. Right now I shall try and catch up to the episodes that I have missed so far. So till then take care all of you and keep posting. :D

I can see all the roadblocks coming for the couple.

1.His mom is 100% going to be nasty

2.His sister is of course you to be very big problem for multiple reasons

3.Her mom could be an issue as well

4.Cheater is going  to be  very annoying

5.The kid is goign to causes not himself of course just the fact he going to be caught up in all of this

6.Cheaters mom is going to be another issue

7.His ex will pop up too I am sure

I cant wait to see how they fall in love with all of this,but I knwo they will and its going to be amazing. :heart:

39 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I can see all the roadblocks coming for the couple.

1.His mom is 100% going to be nasty

2.His sister is of course you to be very big problem for multiple reasons

3.Her mom could be an issue as well

4.Cheater is going  to be  very annoying

5.The kid is goign to causes not himself of course just the fact he going to be caught up in all of this

6.Cheaters mom is going to be another issue

7.His ex will pop up too I am sure

I cant wait to see how they fall in love with all of this,but I knwo they will and its going to be amazing. :heart:

We have a long way to go chingu, however, the end will be worth of it:D. The good thing about SW is that he doesn't care lol. She is the one who will hold back but I can't blame her for that. 

By the way, are you watching Shady Mother in law? The drama is nuts lol.

4 minutes ago, lu09 said:

We have a long way to go chingu, however, the end will be worth of it:D. The good thing about SW is that he doesn't care lol. She is the one who will hold back but I can't blame her for that. 

By the way, are you watching Shady Mother in law? The drama is nuts lol.

Yeah she is definitely going to hold back for awhile especially after a betrayal.But I guess in the process if SW trying to help  fixed her marriage  she going to see the person that she is truly meant to be with.

I am not going to watch Shady Moms because I dont have the energy for that lol

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I am not going to watch Shady Moms because I dont have the energy for that lol

Me too I couldn't watch 1 min of the show or even skip through as I do in left-handed wife and blessing of the sea you know what's going on even if you missed 20 episodes.

Finally caught up with the episodes that I missed on KBS world so some of my questions got answered as to why Geumbi wasn’t selected for her role. Probably she is going to get selected for The Iron Lady since it is written by Gemhui’s BiL. Though I wonder if his identity will be revealed to her so soon. Remember he is supposed to be at the audition as a judge. Things are about to get awkward especially if he gets caught. I still have no idea how Gemhui’s MiL didn’t know whose house she was living in especially when it came to the matter of the family portrait that she moved and placed back.

Spoiler

@dramaninja while I agree with most of your points in regards to the main couple getting together I am a bit confused as to why Gemhui’s mother would be against them being together. It probably depends on how he shows up. For instance, if he comes from a rich well of family I don’t see why she would disapprove of him. The only reasons that I can think of are the following. She might not want her daughter to be the same part of the family that ruined her life aka Sangmi and her Ex Husband are in, she thinks that he isn’t someone that takes life seriously since he is a cook compared to someone like a doctor so he won’t be able to give her a comfortable life. On the other hand, if he seems like a successful person rich and perhaps even a doctor I don’t see why the mother would try and stop them being together.

As for the matter of Jun Ho I can already see people starting to hate him and the reasons seem more than justified ie Cheating on a loving and devoted wife but what if there was another reason to add into the mix. Mind you this is merely my speculation at this point but if it were true what would be your thoughts regarding this. People have mentioned how after ditching Geumhi for Sangmi he will start to get jealous when she not only ends up with Sang Won and even ends up with a kid making him realize the problem was on his end not hers. A good point but what if we take this a bit further. What if he is already aware of it of sorts? What I mean by this is that he is deliberately sabotaging his wives effect to get pregnant. Perhaps he doesn’t want kids of his own. Now we know from Geumhui that he tried to persuade her to stop her treatment after her fourth failed attempt yet she tried two more times. Now one could assume that he did this because he was worried about her health and the effect the treatment was doing to her. But perhaps he thought that after the fourth try she would give up and meanwhile he was altering her medication so that she couldn’t conceive. Remember he is the one giving the injections at home so he can probably easily get away with the medicine switch. Had she gone to a hospital for the treatments he wouldn’t be able to do so but since she trusts him she wouldn’t be aware of this fact. In other words, he is trying his best to not have kids but he wouldn’t be able to get out of adoption.

Now one would wonder why he would do such a thing. I suspect that if this is true he is probably going to justify his actions as he didn’t want to be a bad parent and since he went through the drama of bad parents he doesn’t want to go through it again or let his kid suffer through it all. Ie His Birth Mother abandoned him, Then later came back in his life only to abandon him once more, his dad cheated on his wife etc.. then he got injured so he couldn’t take care of his family. He will probably use some sort of similar excuse if this turns out to be true. Would people agree with me that he would be a royal jerk if this is true or is he something worse.

What I am liking about this drama so far is that while one can’t like Geumhi’s parents all that much as individuals ie the Dad likes to save money and do work on his own. Unfortunately, he tends to mess up and cause them to pay more in the end. Etc. but even then the entire family has Gemhui’s back so far and she isn’t alone in her in laws department even her BiL supports her and is even concerned about her health and all. This means they will be her rock when her husband abandons her for Sangmi. I can already see Geumbi fighting alongside her sister and even pulling Sangmi’s hair in retaliation something Gemhui would never do herself.

What reason do you think that Jun Ho will eventually give for the break up so that he can be with Sangmi. If she is pregnant with his so called kid that could be a factor but I suspect that Sanmi is probably going to work him over that he will not even realize that he has been played. For instance, we have already seen Gemhui give her number to one of her old schoolmate who just so happens to be in a relationship with Sangmi. What if Sangmi uses his phone to send a message to Gemhui which Jun Ho sees. The message will appear that Gemhui is having an affair with said person. Ie it can perhaps be an invitation to meet up at some hotel and she shows up there to meet an old friend not realizing that she is set up and Jun Ho sees her there and indeed thinks the worst of her. Or something similar. It further won’t help him that Sangmi will try and persuade him that he doesn’t love Gemhui and the only reason that he is sticking by her is because he thinks that he owes her something because she took care of his sick father but the simple truth is that she never cared for him in the first place so it would be okay to come to her who would be better for him in the long run and also wouldn’t let him suffer etc She might also give him the story of how she was a victim when they were kids and how Geumhui stole her man perhaps even add that she used to date many men at the same time also. Naturally he won’t believe her so easily until he is introduced to the other class fellow who will probably side with whatever story Sangmi is going with as long as she continues to pay him. He might even try and blackmail her but let’s see if that happens.

@lu09 Shady Mother In Law seems a lot like 100 Year Inheritance and that was too much for me in the first 15 -30 minutes that I dropped it. If this is anything like that I probably won’t watch it either. To be honest I am currently only watching only KBS world dramas and the only one that isn’t from that station is The Secret Life Of My Secretary. But I have just started that. The rest I am trying to catch up on some of the older dramas that I have missed.

Well that will be all from my end for the time being till then take care all of you and keep posting and let’s see how this drama develops. It has potential but unfortunately I have seen dramas crash and burn somewhere in the middle or by the end that I have regrets watching them. Save the Family and A Tale Of Two Sisters/Sincerity Is The Way To Heaven come to mind See you till next time.

11 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

Finally caught up with the episodes that I missed on KBS world so some of my questions got answered as to why Geumbi wasn’t selected for her role. Probably she is going to get selected for The Iron Lady since it is written by Gemhui’s BiL. Though I wonder if his identity will be revealed to her so soon. Remember he is supposed to be at the audition as a judge. Things are about to get awkward especially if he gets caught. I still have no idea how Gemhui’s MiL didn’t know whose house she was living in especially when it came to the matter of the family portrait that she moved and placed back.

Hide contents

@dramaninja while I agree with most of your points in regards to the main couple getting together I am a bit confused as to why Gemhui’s mother would be against them being together. It probably depends on how he shows up. For instance, if he comes from a rich well of family I don’t see why she would disapprove of him. The only reasons that I can think of are the following. She might not want her daughter to be the same part of the family that ruined her life aka Sangmi and her Ex Husband are in, she thinks that he isn’t someone that takes life seriously since he is a cook compared to someone like a doctor so he won’t be able to give her a comfortable life. On the other hand, if he seems like a successful person rich and perhaps even a doctor I don’t see why the mother would try and stop them being together.

As for the matter of Jun Ho I can already see people starting to hate him and the reasons seem more than justified ie Cheating on a loving and devoted wife but what if there was another reason to add into the mix. Mind you this is merely my speculation at this point but if it were true what would be your thoughts regarding this. People have mentioned how after ditching Geumhi for Sangmi he will start to get jealous when she not only ends up with Sang Won and even ends up with a kid making him realize the problem was on his end not hers. A good point but what if we take this a bit further. What if he is already aware of it of sorts? What I mean by this is that he is deliberately sabotaging his wives effect to get pregnant. Perhaps he doesn’t want kids of his own. Now we know from Geumhui that he tried to persuade her to stop her treatment after her fourth failed attempt yet she tried two more times. Now one could assume that he did this because he was worried about her health and the effect the treatment was doing to her. But perhaps he thought that after the fourth try she would give up and meanwhile he was altering her medication so that she couldn’t conceive. Remember he is the one giving the injections at home so he can probably easily get away with the medicine switch. Had she gone to a hospital for the treatments he wouldn’t be able to do so but since she trusts him she wouldn’t be aware of this fact. In other words, he is trying his best to not have kids but he wouldn’t be able to get out of adoption.

Now one would wonder why he would do such a thing. I suspect that if this is true he is probably going to justify his actions as he didn’t want to be a bad parent and since he went through the drama of bad parents he doesn’t want to go through it again or let his kid suffer through it all. Ie His Birth Mother abandoned him, Then later came back in his life only to abandon him once more, his dad cheated on his wife etc.. then he got injured so he couldn’t take care of his family. He will probably use some sort of similar excuse if this turns out to be true. Would people agree with me that he would be a royal jerk if this is true or is he something worse.

What I am liking about this drama so far is that while one can’t like Geumhi’s parents all that much as individuals ie the Dad likes to save money and do work on his own. Unfortunately, he tends to mess up and cause them to pay more in the end. Etc. but even then the entire family has Gemhui’s back so far and she isn’t alone in her in laws department even her BiL supports her and is even concerned about her health and all. This means they will be her rock when her husband abandons her for Sangmi. I can already see Geumbi fighting alongside her sister and even pulling Sangmi’s hair in retaliation something Gemhui would never do herself.

What reason do you think that Jun Ho will eventually give for the break up so that he can be with Sangmi. If she is pregnant with his so called kid that could be a factor but I suspect that Sanmi is probably going to work him over that he will not even realize that he has been played. For instance, we have already seen Gemhui give her number to one of her old schoolmate who just so happens to be in a relationship with Sangmi. What if Sangmi uses his phone to send a message to Gemhui which Jun Ho sees. The message will appear that Gemhui is having an affair with said person. Ie it can perhaps be an invitation to meet up at some hotel and she shows up there to meet an old friend not realizing that she is set up and Jun Ho sees her there and indeed thinks the worst of her. Or something similar. It further won’t help him that Sangmi will try and persuade him that he doesn’t love Gemhui and the only reason that he is sticking by her is because he thinks that he owes her something because she took care of his sick father but the simple truth is that she never cared for him in the first place so it would be okay to come to her who would be better for him in the long run and also wouldn’t let him suffer etc She might also give him the story of how she was a victim when they were kids and how Geumhui stole her man perhaps even add that she used to date many men at the same time also. Naturally he won’t believe her so easily until he is introduced to the other class fellow who will probably side with whatever story Sangmi is going with as long as she continues to pay him. He might even try and blackmail her but let’s see if that happens.

@lu09 Shady Mother In Law seems a lot like 100 Year Inheritance and that was too much for me in the first 15 -30 minutes that I dropped it. If this is anything like that I probably won’t watch it either. To be honest I am currently only watching only KBS world dramas and the only one that isn’t from that station is The Secret Life Of My Secretary. But I have just started that. The rest I am trying to catch up on some of the older dramas that I have missed.

Well that will be all from my end for the time being till then take care all of you and keep posting and let’s see how this drama develops. It has potential but unfortunately I have seen dramas crash and burn somewhere in the middle or by the end that I have regrets watching them. Save the Family and A Tale Of Two Sisters/Sincerity Is The Way To Heaven come to mind See you till next time.

Yeah thats why I  said maybe anything is possible I suppose,but like you said she not going to be too happy with him just because  his  sister thats how these drams goes alot of times

You can tell that hubby was tempted from the beginning. Pared with the fact that he is forgetting slowly all the love and care that his wife gave him along with support that enabled him to get where he is now. Unfortunately for him by the time he realizes he made a huge mistake and let go of the best person that ever happen to him , his ex wife has stopped loving him and has a new man around who wants to love and cherish her. 

I would like to see a cheating husband not lash out at his innocent wife after he is found to have been having an affair, but given this guys cold and aloof personality I am sure he in some way he will blame his wife for why he strayed. Its going to be the baby issue (from his mom) or the adoption issue that he really did not want. What's sad is if the boy ends up being his child from someone else in the past then the best person to accept that child and love him would have been his ex. 

I like @yamiyugi thought that perhaps instead of him cheating once again on Sang Mi it will be Sang Mi who will cheat on him. I think once she gets the man it will not take long for her to realize he is not at all what she really wanted that she only did it for spite. It would be wonderful for him to realize he ruined his happy life with his ex over this woman who in the long run will not treat him as well as his ex did or take care of him like his ex did. No warm cooked meals waiting. No house kept clean and clothing washed and iron. No love and care like he had with his ex. He ruined his nice life with his ex wife for a woman who is spoiled and selfish and has not qualms about hurting others to get what she wanted. If she was ok with hating and hurting his ex wife by enabling him to hurt the woman who once loved him why would she care about his feelings once he finds out she is straying or talks down to him. 

Sang Mi is determined to steal this man and I have no doubt once she hears about his wife's pregnancy issues she will use that to get him finally. I want to bet it will be his mom who talks about it. The woman is hateful and evil as well as greedy and she will see this woman as her ticket to get money. The man wants to have a child and it will be the perfect way for him to ultimately hurt his wife with his infidelity and betrayal and a slap in the face for her because she could not conceive. I can see Sang Mi faking a pregnancy to get him and then trying to frame the ex wife for causing a miscarriage when she is unable to start showing and provide evidence of a true pregnancy since the man is a doctor. Her plot will enable her to get rid of the fake pregnancy and hurt his ex making him hate her when she did nothing wrong. By the time he finds out he was played by Sang Mi the damage he did is too late to fix. I would still love for him to find out it was always him with the issue never his ex wife. But given that the kid could end up being his maybe that wish is futile. 

There will be huge road blocks for our lead female and her new guy simply because he is related to the home wrecker. No one will want them together because of her being once married to the new SON in LAW regardless of the fact that the Sang Mi broke up a marriage and stole a man. The ex becomes the bad guy especially if Sang Mi tries to lie on her about her loosing a baby.  I am hoping that by the end of this drama we see Sang Mi and the cheater having broken up which clears the way for our lead female and the brother. What I do not want is ex hubby getting our girl back because of that child who may turn out to be related to him. If he could not love or show compassion for this child before he learned of a blood tie there is no need to push them back together after he learns the boy could be his later. 

@dramaninja Yep, dude crossed the line:expressionless::rage:. From the preview, I guess GH will find out the female director is her high school classmate considering the fact she came to his workplace. Not to mention, homewrecker is gonna get blackmailed by that guy she was sleeping around with. 

He knows well what kind of a woman she is, but he fell for her anyway and once the thrill, desire and excitement he feels for her goes away and once he wakes up it will be too late to get his wife back unless if he exchanged his feeling for greed.

53 minutes ago, lu09 said:

@dramaninja Yep, dude crossed the line:expressionless::rage:. From the preview, I guess GH will find out the female director is her high school classmate considering the fact she came to his workplace. Not to mention, homewrecker is gonna get blackmailed by that guy she was sleeping around with. 

Its' no more than Sang Mi deserves in all honesty especially since the guy knows our lead female. Sang Mi is not a nice person and she will need someone to threaten her with what she was doing while she was trying to seduce "the Cheater" having to pay blackmail is only a small part of what she will deserve. 

42 minutes ago, howa said:

He knows well what kind of a woman she is, but he fell for her anyway and once the thrill, desire and excitement he feels for her goes away and once he wakes up it will be too late to get his wife back unless if he exchanged his feeling for greed.

Exactly , its the reason why he was resisting her in the beginning because he could see what she was about. But he let his own issues enable him to betray his wife. So his choices are what enabled  him to betray the one person that loved and cared for him so much but also to hurt her so badly. 

He is the type to try to come back wait and see and even thinks he has the right to say something to her about the brother. I just hope the lead is strong enough to be able to tell him to take a hike he gave up any rights to tell her what to do when he betrayed her but also when they divorced.  

2 hours ago, howa said:

One thing for sure  he will never get her back sure the divorce may drag but eventually its going to go though,this is such a massive betrayal.Also all the things she went though for him to have a child he just there all he love in her face

@Ldy Gmerm While I may agree with you in regards that had Jun Ho Cheated on Gemhui and Yooreum was his Bio Kid she would have probably forgiven him and accepted the kid as her own even though she might have been hurt by the betrayal because she loved him and all but I have some serious doubt that Yooreum would be his Bio Kid. Now if it is Kudos to you on figuring it out and this being a drama anything is possible if the writer so chooses and such reveals are not unexpected.

Spoiler

But the reason that I have my doubts in regards to this fact is what we have currently seen of Jun Ho’s character. The guy is pretty much like a robot atleast upto episode 15 that I have watched. He has been pretty much loyal to his wife and he simply doesn’t have enough time to be with some random woman unless they have something in common in their schedule such as working out with them in the gym but that is it. If any girl shows any kind of interest in him ie Sangmi he doesn’t pay them all that much attention. He is cordial at best and they normally get the message that he is unavailable and they move on. Sangmi is not the normal case since she is now pursuing him out of revenge and spite on her old school friend otherwise she too would have given up. So I have a hard time seeing him either chase after some random woman or let them come after him to spend a night with them willingly. Things might be different if he got drunk and someone took advantage of said fact but as of now (episode 15) I doubt that he would have cheated on his wife and that is the only way that he could be his kid considering the fact that they have been married for thirteen years and Yooreum is only supposed to be six years old so it can’t be a child from his first love before marriage and all.

A possible reason that Jun Ho might be tempted by Sangmi is that things aren’t the same as they once were before. Prior to the adoption his loving and caring wife only had time for him but that isn’t the case anymore. She seems more focused on the kid even before she adopted him. Spending nights at the hospital taking care of the kid leaving him all alone at home. Now on the other hand there is another woman who is literally throwing herself at him and professing her affection for him and telling him that she wants him etc.. So his loneliness or so called perception of it might be a factor for cheating on his wife. He probably isn’t feeling the love anymore that was once there. Not that it isn’t there but he is just blind to it at the moment and when he will realize it, it shall be too late by then. He will have traded his happiness for a fiery pit something that he more than deserves.

Actually come to think about it Sangmi is all about control something that she has picked up from her mother. from an earlier conversation with her she told her that picking someone rich wouldn’t be good as she would have to submit to her husband and their In Laws but if she were to marry someone beneath her station then it would be the other way round and her husband wouldn’t be able to look down on her as they would be grateful that they were married into a well of family something that they couldn’t do on their own. Not that it will go any better. I assume her father wasn’t all that well of but he either eventually made a name for himself to own that clinic or his wife gave it to him yet he still is managing it well. Unfortunately for Sangmi I can already see a few problems that she probably isn’t expecting. Jun Ho isn’t the type to be all that grateful to her if he ends up with the clinic because he has the skills to be a good doctor on his own. Given time he probably would have gotten there. Just with marrying her he gets it sooner. Not that Jun Ho doesn’t seem to be grateful etc.. but then comes the problem of Jun Ho’s birthmother. When she finds out that her son has a chance to get a better prospect in a DiL compared to Gemhui (better in the sense of financially) she will be all for it and thus be one of Sangmi’s greatest supporters. Sangmi will also want to get in her good books so she will probably try to bribe her with gifts and all. This will initially work but unfortunately it will also backfire on her as well. From what we can tell about the mother she is all about image and the money. So she will try and live the good life by taking advantage of her rich DiL. Now initially Sangmi might not have an issue regarding this but eventually this will start to change when the MiL will start spending too much of her money. Ie purchasing two expensive dresses. Might even add an expensive meal at a restaurant as well. Clearly her parents won’t fund the MiL’s expenses so that will all come down to Sangmi. When she loses her cool and reveals her true colours it might be to late even for the MiL as well and she will also regret leaving a DiL like Gemhui who would do anything to please her.

Frankly Sangmi’s parents are a lot to blame for the way that she was raised. It seems that she was spoiled by them because they had no idea as to how to raise her in the first place. They never seem to have time for themselves as they act like immature kids. Always trying to get one over each other doesn’t help. The father seems to be a slightly better person than his wife but like I said he probably didn’t spend enough time with Sangmi and that is why she is like that. She does seem to be close to her mother but then that isn’t the best thing since her mother is extremely narrow minded and can’t seem to accept her BiL simply because he is a driver and her SiL is autistic that she tries to take advantage of this fact whenever she can. In fact, I can probably treat Jun Ho’s mother in a similar way. She gets another person to look after the house without paying them a dime. Unfortunately, that might not work out as well as she thinks. Jun Ho’s mother has nothing wrong in the brain department so she might make more of a scene than the SiL. Oh sure she might do a few chores at the start because she would be grateful that they accepted someone like her son and her into that family but eventually she is going to wise up and start arguments with her. Making the mother have headaches and moaning in bed with a white headband as to her daughter’s terrible choice and all :D

Well this should cover some of my points for the time being. So take care all of you and keep posting. Looking forward to what comes next.

Archived