Quantcast

I've been wondering about something unimportant.....why is is One Spring Night?  At the end, JH says that Spring has brought them together but the pivotal, life-changing, love-at-first-sight moment when JI and JH met was not at night.  So, shouldn't it be One Spring Morning?  ;)  

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

@thistle I'm pretty sure it's because Bom (봄 spring) Bam (밤 night) sounds cute in Korean.

Bom Achim just isn't quite much of a play on words.

That's my take on it anyway.

• Like 8

I finally completed Spring Night.  

It was a good drama; however, the last two episodes did not live up to the rest of the drama.  I guess for the Korean audiences, the writer had to depict the character of JI having some misgivings and taking time to think about the relationship, because JI fell in love with JH too quickly. 

On the surface it appeared that she broke off a relationship with a decent guy (with money)  for JH, a flawed man.  However, KS was not a decent man and from snippets of conversations, I surmise, he cheated on JI; but, she always took him back because the relationship was never about marriage.   KS is vindictive and petty, and the power he thought money gave him was all he was about.  I don't believe KS can truly love anyone.   It think JI pegged him correctly when she felt that all she was to him as a convenient "booty call."

I loved this drama from episode one through episode 14.  The time JI and JH spent apart in episode 15 should have been taking time to solidify their relationship and advancing her sisters' story line to a satisfactory conclusion.  Episode 16 could shown a decent proposal, with maybe JH and his son taking JI out to dinner and both proposing to her, after dinner (dropping his son off first) they could have gone back to his place and celebrated the next step in their relationship. I also would have liked a better wrap-up of the divorce between SI and her husband.  It would have been nice to see him in group for men who batter their wives.  To me, that would have been an acknowledgement that he knew did something wrong and wanted to change his behavior.

Although I felt let down at the end, this was a very good drama.  The characters felt real and not over the top.  The dialog was good  and the chemistry between JI and JH was very good.  I loved the playfulness and silliness when the two of them were together.  The writer did a very good job depicting new love and a couple really in love.  When you love someone, you are willing to go all the way with them and share their heartache and trials along with the good times.  

Great work writer, everyone should be proud of the job they did on this drama.  Kudos to the actors, production staff and director. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

On 7/4/2019 at 11:15 AM, dramaninja said:

Typical, boring,  and a unoriginal scenario! Man they always do this towards the end of dramas. This  feel so much like Something in The Rain.

@dramaninjaThat is exactly how I felt...I did not like the last few episodes of Something in the Rain after loving the drama to that point.  Good comparison.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I finally completed Spring Night.  

It was a good drama; however, the last two episodes did not live up to the rest of the drama.  I guess for the Korean audiences, the writer had to depict the character of JI having some misgivings and taking time to think about the relationship, because JI fell in love with JH too quickly. 

On the surface it appeared that she broke off a relationship with a decent guy (with money)  for JH, a flawed man.  However, KS was not a decent man and from snippets of conversations, I surmise, he cheated on JI; but, she always took him back because the relationship was never about marriage.   KS is vindictive and petty, and the power he thought money gave him was all he was about.  I don't believe KS can truly love anyone.   It think JI pegged him correctly when she felt that all she was to him as a convenient "booty call."

I loved this drama from episode one through episode 14.  The time JI and JH spent apart in episode 15 should have been taking time to solidify their relationship and advancing her sisters' story line to a satisfactory conclusion.  Episode 16 could shown a decent proposal, with maybe JH and his son taking JI out to dinner and both proposing to her, after dinner (dropping his son off first) they could have gone back to his place and celebrated the next step in their relationship. I also would have liked a better wrap-up of the divorce between SI and her husband.  It would have been nice to see him in group for men who batter their wives.  To me, that would have been an acknowledgement that he knew did something wrong and wanted to change his behavior.

Although I felt let down at the end, this was a very good drama.  The characters felt real and not over the top.  The dialog was good  and the chemistry between JI and JH was very good.  I loved the playfulness and silliness when the two of them were together.  The writer did a very good job depicting new love and a couple really in love.  When you love someone, you are willing to go all the way with them and share their heartache and trials along with the good times.  

Great work writer, everyone should be proud of the job they did on this drama.  Kudos to the actors, production staff and director. 

@Carmarie i agree with you. Last 2 episodes are not satisfying to solve the conflicts that build wonderfully throughout 14 episodes and wrap it fast and hurry for the end...but at least it happy ending for all cast. Imho that more important to the viewers. Many dramas are like this...they built conflicts beautifully and flat at the ending. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Carmarie said:

Although I felt let down at the end, this was a very good drama.

At first, I felt a bit like you do, and I wished that there had been more (especially because I loved the Jae/Jae couple so much).  However, some posters on this thread said something very insightful that changed my mind about the drama that we saw:  that we have passed by the viewing window and we have to trust that everything on the One Spring Night side is continuing even though we can't see. 

This show really is like life, and sometimes there are things that we just have to accept while believing in the goodness to be found in the future. 

On 7/12/2019 at 7:13 PM, tok-soompi said:

.....The no msg dialogues and the most natural chemistry between all cast and the camera directions that we looked like peeping into someone's life is amazing.

.....The show style no need to wrap everything up in a neat bow.  As to me it feels like we just happens to passby and peep into people's life and fell in love together with them... but we have to move on and we trusted that they will end up well as what we seen them.....

On 7/11/2019 at 10:31 AM, Mau_Cherry said:

There real happy life will now start without us watching... but until the end they managed it to give me the most natural feeling it maybe ever had in a KDrama. There where times I felt first like - hey i would have done something else - but when i think twice - JI woudn´t and thats the most importend. A writer need there characters stay true. That can even change the direction on a story.

..... Its like life is - actually in life there will never be a happy end - because it never ends - someone may die - but the other survive and it goes on - but it ends in a very wonderful time and let us believe the marriage will come next - they will be family -.....

I am so grateful to the people who posted on this thread and who have shared insights that really taught me a lot.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

Happy team

Credit to author

Wow i think Jung Hae In is really busy.  Seems like he is flying somewhere??

Anyhow popularity also come with risk.  Its management informing his fans.

Credit to author

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 7

It's been a while since I logged in soompi :D Hope all the chingus here are doing fine. .As the ending was perfect for me it was easy to move on from this drama however I keep rewatching my fav scenes specially our couple conversations.Hope to see jimin and haein together in another projects as the intense chemistry shouldn't be wasted lol :D.

P.s Right now in k dramas I started watching "hotel del luna" and "class of lies" but currently more focused on cdramas as they are bombarding my most anticipated dramas back to back :D.Wish to meet you all in other drama threads

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Hi all! :kiss_closed: hope everybody is ok..

is this OSN relatd Dvd? what does it say!? anyone? thank you 

Screenshot-20190721-182636-Instagram

See you  Haein in September..excited!! ❤️

Spoiler

20190720-114248

• Like 5
  • Awesome 4

The photoshoot finally posted some interviews.  But i could not understand the content.

Credit to author

• Like 7

JHI tour is on the roll... so far i saw article going Manila, Japan and now news of Taipei.  Hope Ji Min can attend any of those as special guest.

Credit to author

• Like 8

Waving at manila fans, JHI promo video.  From Spring night to summer Night.

Credit to author

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Thank you for sharing your points of view.  I do understand that everything does not have to be tied up in a neat bow.  Many of my favorite k-dramas aren't tied up in neat bows, and have open endings.   What I hate more than a neat bow, is the rush ending and I felt this ending was rushed and; therefore, left me feeling a little empty.  However, the ending was not enough to take away from this excellent drama.  I would recommend this drama to anyone looking for a mature drama to watch.  

@thistle, @polar15, @tok-soompi

Since you liked Spring Night I would like to recommend "Romance is a Bonus Book".  Great drama, no mother-in-law madness, the triangles aren't crazy and spiteful, the story line is timely, yet presented in a non preachy way, and the ending is open. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

Thank you for sharing your points of view.  I do understand that everything does not have to be tied up in a neat bow.  Many of my favorite k-dramas aren't tied up in neat bows, and have open endings.   What I hate more than a neat bow, is the rush ending and I felt this ending was rushed and; therefore, left me feeling a little empty.  However, the ending was not enough to take away from this excellent drama.  I would recommend this drama to anyone looking for a mature drama to watch.  

@thistle, @polar15, @tok-soompi

Since you liked Spring Night I would like to recommend "Romance is a Bonus Book".  Great drama, no mother-in-law madness, the triangles aren't crazy and spiteful, the story line is timely, yet presented in a non preachy way, and the ending is open. 

Thanks Carmarie, i did watch that drama. Hee!!  Just that they are neither my bias but must admit they are both great actors.  Their lovely scene at home is just so lovely.  

• Like 5