[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, richelle said:

^Same here, I am missing this show badly already:tears:

Me, too.  I feel a little lost.

There are other dramas that I'm watching right now and they are okay but nothing special .  One Spring Night was a rare gem, and that makes it very hard to move on because there just isn't anything else as good or as satisfying.

I started to watch this drama on Netflix this past weekend and thought, after the first two episodes that the writing reminded me of "Pretty Noona That Buys Me Food."  So far the writing and directing are superb.  I started to read everyone's comments and then realized I did not want to spoil my viewing experience.  I wish I could have watched this drama along with you and participated in the discussion.  I am glad that Nexflix picked up this drama.  At this point, I feel sorry for JI because she is caught between her obligation between KS, her boyfriend of 4 years and this incredible chemistry and pull between her and JH.  So far the drama has accurately depicted the struggle to stay true to a relationship that has become stale and was never really going anywhere and the feelings of wanting to be with some one new.  I will check back in to see if anyone has just watching this drama as I have.  Again, I wished I could have participated in the discussion with you; however, the drama has ended and most of you have moved on to another drama.

20 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

Again, I wished I could have participated in the discussion with you; however, the drama has ended and most of you have moved on to another drama.

It's great that you're watching now, though.  This is a drama that really won't let you down.  It's just so real.  And if you want to ask any questions, I'm sure there are people on this thread that will cheerfully come back in.

9 hours ago, thistle said:

Me, too.  I feel a little lost.

There are other dramas that I'm watching right now and they are okay but nothing special .  One Spring Night was a rare gem, and that makes it very hard to move on because there just isn't anything else as good or as satisfying.

Agree with you. I started to watch another drama but i don't have the urge and enthusiasm to watch it continuously. OSN is indeed a real gem, that is why it is harder to move on. Atleast there are pics and gifs that helps:wub:

4 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I started to watch this drama on Netflix this past weekend and thought, after the first two episodes that the writing reminded me of "Pretty Noona That Buys Me Food."  So far the writing and directing are superb.  I started to read everyone's comments and then realized I did not want to spoil my viewing experience.  I wish I could have watched this drama along with you and participated in the discussion.  I am glad that Nexflix picked up this drama.  At this point, I feel sorry for JI because she is caught between her obligation between KS, her boyfriend of 4 years and this incredible chemistry and pull between her and JH.  So far the drama has accurately depicted the struggle to stay true to a relationship that has become stale and was never really going anywhere and the feelings of wanting to be with some one new.  I will check back in to see if anyone has just watching this drama as I have.  Again, I wished I could have participated in the discussion with you; however, the drama has ended and most of you have moved on to another drama.

Hi @Carmarie, welcome to the thread.  Totally agree with your view of how JI feels.  Although she is very sure she is not ready to marry GS but with this total new feelings, she most likely feel like she is cheating on her long term relationship.

Well wishes to your drama watching.  I am rewatching again just like the comments from dramabeans.  :wub:

Many here even rewatched many times during the week waiting for the next episode. :D

I feel the last 2 episodes are too flat and did leave any impression to me. But i'm happy anyway this drama have happy ending, so i can move on to new drama. Thank you for all your thought and discussion along this drama, i enjoy each and every  bit of it. This ending could be better but at least it happy ending. :wub:

18 hours ago, thistle said:

It's great that you're watching now, though.  This is a drama that really won't let you down.  It's just so real.  And if you want to ask any questions, I'm sure there are people on this thread that will cheerfully come back in.

@thistle   Thank you for your comments.  I am loving this drama, and as you stated, it is so real.  The characters actually engage in dialogues. 

I am at the point that I do not feel sorry for KS any longer.  I am sure he likes JI, enough, but he is not in love with her.  They had an intimate relationship for 4 years, JI is intelligent, nice looking, and convenient for his needs.  I am sure he would have be happy married to JI; but JI wants and deserves more.  KS even looks boring.  Along comes JH, unexpectedly and he and JI make a connection at first encounter.  He excites her as much as he excites him.  All of a sudden, JI realizes that she is not happy in her relationship with KS and needs more.  I like JH, his parents are small business owners.  He worked hard in school and was first or second in his classes, he won a full scholarship to college and became a pharmacist.  What a great accomplishment.  What more, he is a single father who has taken responsibility for his child.  Many look at him as flawed; however, I look at him with admiration. I think that he and JI would be happy together.  He is the one that makes her heart thump.  He is the one who makes her smile.  I am know routing for their relationship and hope JI do not cave in and go back to KS.

I am tempted to read the comments here; however, I would like to experience this drama without spoilers.

@Carmarie No spoilers:  it's interesting how this drama follows the paths of the leads and the choices they make that lead them forward.

One of the things I loved about this drama was that there was no chaebol nonsense, although KS's family is wealthy.  All the characters are like people that we might meet in real life--they have a circle of friends the way most people do, and they have family relationships that are sometimes good/sometimes complicated like everyone always has.  It's fascinating to watch the characters work things out while dealing with the things that society seems to expect of them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGGkU4j5O5I1jD6R8ioJT7v2MGTb5SGOUv7v2uZaDWbhqoeTtoTGxEo8Q.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn2eRVNliyvKqH4DpDXKVLEq5QfovxU5eENrWqKWz4xDp4tF-c

One Spring Night

Sharing my thoughts and thankfulness about this drama although late and after watching this ending more than once. Always left wanting more and a wish for that longer sight into the future.  But when something leaves you feeling like that,

then to me it truly is a successful ending and drama...

I wanted to encourage others whom haven't seen this drama yet to add it to your list.  It's story is refreshing and it's actors will allow you to see and feel love, courage and yes even hope as its writers words rush over and through you.  Like a splash of fresh water reminding all of us just how beautiful love is when it's right. That ones happiness is always worth the fight no matter the struggle or the wait...

That no matter who, where or even what we might think it's not enough when there is no passion or that feeling of butterflies inside that shout I can't breathe without you.  That settling for anything less is choosing a life half full because your heart will always be half empty.  For when you only have one life to live why would anyone choose that?

Rather choose someone whom you can't seem to get close enough too even when your arms are wrapped around each other. It's characters such as these that remind you and inspire you to be that fountain of love to one another. From which you share and lovingly drink daily every drop striving to keep and hold onto that faith in knowing no matter what you might face...

Trusting each other and believing passion can be eternal...

" We Could Still Be Happy "

:heart:

I've been wondering about something unimportant.....why is is One Spring Night?  At the end, JH says that Spring has brought them together but the pivotal, life-changing, love-at-first-sight moment when JI and JH met was not at night.  So, shouldn't it be One Spring Morning?  ;)  

I finally completed Spring Night.  

It was a good drama; however, the last two episodes did not live up to the rest of the drama.  I guess for the Korean audiences, the writer had to depict the character of JI having some misgivings and taking time to think about the relationship, because JI fell in love with JH too quickly. 

On the surface it appeared that she broke off a relationship with a decent guy (with money)  for JH, a flawed man.  However, KS was not a decent man and from snippets of conversations, I surmise, he cheated on JI; but, she always took him back because the relationship was never about marriage.   KS is vindictive and petty, and the power he thought money gave him was all he was about.  I don't believe KS can truly love anyone.   It think JI pegged him correctly when she felt that all she was to him as a convenient "booty call."

I loved this drama from episode one through episode 14.  The time JI and JH spent apart in episode 15 should have been taking time to solidify their relationship and advancing her sisters' story line to a satisfactory conclusion.  Episode 16 could shown a decent proposal, with maybe JH and his son taking JI out to dinner and both proposing to her, after dinner (dropping his son off first) they could have gone back to his place and celebrated the next step in their relationship. I also would have liked a better wrap-up of the divorce between SI and her husband.  It would have been nice to see him in group for men who batter their wives.  To me, that would have been an acknowledgement that he knew did something wrong and wanted to change his behavior.

Although I felt let down at the end, this was a very good drama.  The characters felt real and not over the top.  The dialog was good  and the chemistry between JI and JH was very good.  I loved the playfulness and silliness when the two of them were together.  The writer did a very good job depicting new love and a couple really in love.  When you love someone, you are willing to go all the way with them and share their heartache and trials along with the good times.  

Great work writer, everyone should be proud of the job they did on this drama.  Kudos to the actors, production staff and director. 

Archived