[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

After watching today ep with sub, I love my mum even more. :heart: For her current old age , with positive mindset, she lives a healthy life without agony even though she had been gone thru hardship during young days with her in-law family.  She continued to raise us, making sure no one left behind in the family during my younger days ( I born in a big family).

I sympathise IS with her past context, how her "terrible" mum treated her all these while, but her biggest mistake in life was not able to find her real daughter or even once to look for MR. That was her paid back. Different context, different timing, different character will determine a person's destiny. Sad to say. Sometimes, we make decision in different life stages, at that point of time in our life cycle, when we look back our past, it can be full of regretful, resentful, or grateful in life, it is only a matter of time to understand and learn to let go...

It was sad to see today ep with IS's "horrible" mum screaming in the hospital. She was still cling on "money" and her son's career. The more she attached to something, the more she couldn't learn to let go in life and she would continue stay miserable in bed, for sure. A person who does not always feel grateful in life will always lead to an unfortunate living.

Same for MR and TJ, it's always easy to say let go the past, but it takes time to heal. Let's stay positive.:)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Can any kind soul summarize the whole TJ and MR crying scene? Please and thank you. Once the subs are out. I watched a few minutes but it was so long and draining I stopped.

I'll do that for you but I FF a lot. Salient points: TJ wanted to hear from MR's own mouth you know what. Cry and cry.

MR said she could not tell him because her mother did not even once look for her. That would have made up for her initial abandonment.  She said her family life was a happy one but the trauma or stigma or .... of being abandoned was a burden to her.

MR said her mother was a famous person, just type her name, every detail comes  out. So she got a job at Hansung and worked there for 10 years before they ended up in HS Apparel. 'Her mother did not recognise her when they first met', More crying. 

She expected the day would come that he found out the you know what, and she was ready for him to leave her or divorce her (!!! TJ said something that I forgot)

More of the same and finally, she was very sorry.

I don`t know about others, but I expected the confrontation between Mi Ri and Tae Joo, even with crying involved.

My thoughts.... It could be long...:lol:

In Sook`s family is so dysfunctional that hurts. The scene at the asylum! Her mother is greedy even now (in her sane moments) and it is too late for her. She is old and she doesn`t have many years left but what is tragic, is that she did not learn anything from this life. She will die greedy, and no one, not even her children will regret her passing.  

I hope In sook did not contemplate suicide for real. She looks exhausted, depressed and when she said to her maid that she will go far away, it did not sound reassuring. I hope she will take a break from her family mess and recover her strength. Tae joo needs her and even Mi Ri.

In Sook did wrong. Period. Nothing justifies that she abandoned her daughter like she did. Yes, the unreasonable chairman did not help.   She should have clinged to her daughter instead of her horrible mom and brothers. She married in a wealthy family, raised another child and never looked back. The excuse that she did not know where she was in US doesn`t hold back IMO.  She constantly supported the leeches of her family, without resolving anything in the past 30 years. And she supported the abuse of the Chairman when she could easily have chosen another life. In Sook is pitiful. Like I have said it already, she was a victim of abuse herself and made bad decision in life. Her little salvation was Tae Joo.  I agree that our decision in life will have consequences. What`s done is done. They can`t change the past but learn for it and move on and make better decisions. In Sook has regrets now because of for her choices, but it is not late for her.  She still has Tae Joo`s love and even Mi Ri. She still has much to offer. She could make a better life for herself and help her children as well.

Mi Ri should be grateful that she was raised in a good home unlike other children? Yes, she is. She was lucky but that doesn`t change how she feels. How the trauma left scars emotionally on her.

Mi Ri was raised in a happy family because of Sun ja. Sun ja did not had a better situation. She had financial difficulties; she had a difficult mother in law, an alcoholic husband and three daughters to raise. But she made it. She is the heroine mother here.  Sun Ja told us how hard it was for her, she often left home with her daughters because of her drunk husband and came back when he was asleep.  After he died, it was even harder for her because she was the only one who supported the family; she made sure her daughters have a good life and education. One moment of weakness from Sun ja and her daughter`s faith, including Mi Ri`s could have been different. Yeah…In Sook should be grateful for Sun ja`s strength and integrity too.

Mi Ri said it herself that she was raised in a happy home, she was he ready to forgive and continue the relationship with her biological mother (even when her internal issues was not addressed) but we all see how In Sook has behaved. Just like In Sook said that Tae Joo is right to be mad, Mi Ri is is her right as well when it comes to her biological mother. Mi Ri is finding out about In Sook`s family, and little by little she will accept In Sook in her life. Mi Ri has Sun ja as a mother but it will be good if she will come to terms with what happened in her life, to forgive In Sook too. That`s good not only for both of them, but it is good for Tae Joo as well, for Tae Joo and Mi Ri`s marriage.

I wanted to watch Tae Joo and Mi Ri`s scene with subtitle, to know what they said to each other. And I want to see how they will resolve this crisis.

I like that Tae Joo went to Sun Ja when he was disappointed with both women he loves the most from his life and that he receive the comfort he needed. He is upset that both of them kept him in the dark when they were at odds with each other. Tae Joo is hurt, confused and little insecure. That`s why he asked her why she married him. He knows that she loves him and he loves her too. This is a crisis that will pass but, in a way, it is good that it came. We know that their marriage was not the ideal like he thought he was. They need to talk honestly to each other

I understand both Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s situation but their marriage is not solid if they don`t resolve this problem between them. They are not perfect; they are human beings with strengths and weaknesses. They have to accept each other the way they are and work from there.

I think Tae Joo is more upset that Mi Ri thought that he will abandon her when he will find out the truth. She knew that this day will come and she is prepared to be abandoned, for Tae Joo to divorce her.

It is sad, really, when I heard her saying that to her husband. We know why she behaves this way. I don`t point fingers now whom is to blame but we see how her abandonment issues is showing the worst of her, her own insecurities.

I agree with Mi Ri that now, knowing the truth, they have to change and adjust the new situation but I don`t agree that she has to give up without a fight. They should work together to overcome this situation. Mi Ri is a strong woman, she deals with sharks at her company, she resolves all the emergencies that come her way but when it comes to her feelings, her own life she is not that strong.  She feels that is could be a burden to others, that she doesn`t deserve the happiness, what she has got.

We know that she lived with this fear from the beginning of the marriage. She felt guilty that she is In Sook`s daughter, that she did not tell Tae Joo the truth and was ready to accept the consequences of her silence/complicity. In Sook`s secret was not her fault, she was a victim also but she accepted to be blamed together. She wanted to protect Tae Joo from the world. It is a noble idiocy all right. This is not right to start a marriage. I understand why Tae Joo is angry about that.

I don`t know what the writer has in mind for the last 14 episodes (28 mini episodes). I pray that she won`t let Mi ri continue the idiocy now that the secret is out. It is good that she let Tae Joo a little space to think but why try to avoid him after that? Especially not now when she believes that she is pregnant too.

The news came in the wrong moment but it could be in the right moment also. I don`t think Mi ri should tell him immediately but she should tell him the news when she is sure. I hope they would have resolved the problem and then she will tell him the good news. They will be very happy that they will have a child.:wub:

I am a little worried about the next episodes because I have a wish that I am not sure the writer will fulfill. They love each other that`s for sure but I want Mi ri to be proactive when it is about her life, about her marriage. She has to want to be happy herself not only to make Tae Joo happy. We`ll see.

About everybody else...

In Sook was such a drama queen. She still is. I am glad that Woo Jin came to talk to her and told her that she knows her a little through Mi Hye`s story. I agree that Mi Hye is like Sun ja. Of the three girls Mi Hye looks like Sun ja the most. The issue of being older and divorced will be resolved quickly. It is good that Woo Jin is talking to Sun ja. She is not an unreasonable woman. She will accept him eventually as her daughter`s partner.  

I can`t believe that Mi Sun did not believe the others when they told her that the nanny is not to be trusted. The fact that she asked her daughter ten times if she is alright is not enough. She should be investigate. Da Bin decided to go to Sunja (I assume) alone than going in the appartement with that woman. I hope they will find her quickly. I don`t know why the police did not find her by now. I hope she is alright.

Now, I have to watch the Wather, a more  exciting drama to watch for me. :)

On 8/3/2019 at 5:09 PM, larus said:

I did not watch the first scenes of today episode.

What is this? Is Mi Ri pregnant? Why she is looking at the calendar? She suspects something?

Maybe I am interpreting it wrong. I will watch with subtitles tomorrow.

If it is true, it is bad timing. Knowing the writer, I bet she prepared this moment exactly on time. :lol:

If it is true... Congratulation, Mi Ri and Tae Joo! :heart:

She doesn`t need all this stress. She doesn`t deserve it either. I hope Tae Joo will come to his senses quickly. Don`t be a fool!

I watched this scene (of MR looking at the calendar) again. Looks like your interpretation about pregnancy could be correct.

1 hour ago, melissa_lee said:

I watched this scene (of MR looking at the calendar) again. Looks like your interpretation about pregnancy could be correct.

I am sure of it. :lol: We`ll see the confirmation in the upcoming episodes.

The writer needs something to fill the 24 episodes. I wish Mi Ri and Tae Joo to take time to be together outside Hansung Group. The writer did not let them date properly before their marriage. 

Soon, Woo Jin and Mi Hye won`t have an obstacle for their relationship. Sun ja is just a minor obstacle. He has to decide that he wants to fight for the relationship not running away. What they will do then? Maybe we`ll see how Mi Hye`s book will be release, if it will be a succes or not. I hope to see them date for a while. On screen.

The new OST

I was looking for this song for so long. I am glad that they released it finally.

My Prettiest Daughter in the World/ Mother of Mine ost part 10

라엘(Ra.L) - You Are a Star

KBS 2TV weekend drama 'My Beautifulest Daughter in the World' (directed by Kim Jong-koo) ('Sejian Ye') with Ra. L, a female duo sister, Is released.

201908040858432193_1.jpg

is an acoustic guitar accompaniment
It is a song that focuses attention on the listener with the soft voice of Rael who wants to lean on. Especially, this OST 'You Are a Star' is more complete with Rael 's own composition which was done perfectly by singing, composing and arranging alone.

'You Are a Star' is a song that was composed by BGM of the drama. Since then, the music director ant has decided that the flow of the drama and the mood are in good condition during the monitoring, and he inserts it into the OST after writing by Rael.

Through this OST, attention is focused on how Rael will present his own sensibility as his own composition that naturally mixes with a clear and soft voice.

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/2019080414014

@maribella mama mia. That was a long conversation if that was after you fast forward. Man luckily I didn't stick around to hear the whole thing.

Thank you very much. I am halfway through a 41 episode Cdrama and totally addicted to it. What is disorienting and its not totally out of topic since it relates to Korean actors. It's very, very scary watching a Cdrama where the actresses are the spitting images of a Korean actress. All those plastic surgeries. Unless the Chinese genes just suddenly changed in 30 years. 2/3 of them all suddenly have double eyelids, high bridge nose, Botox lips, big big eyes, oval faces. S C A R Y.

Back to SJ. As I was watching an old Kdramas where the actress playing SJ was almost 15 years younger or more. I may have sat there just staring in shock.

1 hour ago, serendipity... said:

Ahh I wish he'd stay back without running off

I think he just decided to stay. He is lovey dovey with Mi Hye. :D I hope they will date for a while.

Preview for next Saturday, ep 81-82

BTS

16 minutes ago, serendipity... said:

Yay!! I'm so happy for my publisher Jin :) Haven't watched tonight's episode yet 

He will date Mim Hye in the next episode.

I think in today episode, Sun ja told him that he is free to date her daughter.

She even cooked for him and gave him some good part of meat to eat. I think he was touched.

14 minutes ago, larus said:

He will date Mim Hye in the next episode.

I think in today episode, Sun ja told him that he is free to date her daughter.

She even cooked for him and gave him some good part of meat to eat. I think he was touched.

Really?!?! Double yay!! Thanks heaps for the update *hugs* :) :) 

3 hours ago, larus said:

Preview for next Saturday, ep 81-82

What is HTJ saying to his father in the preview?  Can anyone translate @stroppyse  Thanks in advance.  

1 hour ago, serendipity... said:

Really?!?! Double yay!! Thanks heaps for the update *hugs* :) :) 

I hope MH matures a bit when she starts dating.  :expressionless:   Preview shows her dating and JB in the background with flowers stalking her every move?

34 minutes ago, serendipity... said:

Really?!?! Double yay!! Thanks heaps for the update *hugs*

I forgot to mention that in today episode she gave him a back hug and he did not rejected her. :D

30 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I hope MH matures a bit when she starts dating.  :expressionless:   Preview shows her dating and JB in the background with flowers stalking her mover?

I don`t know. He always gets the worst timing. I thought he resigned to gain her romantic love.

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

I hope MH matures a bit when she starts dating.  :expressionless:   Preview shows her dating and JB in the background with flowers stalking her mover?

Not that I'm fond of her kiddish moves but I guess she can afford to stay childish because my publisher Jin is mature for both of them. I can understand why he fell for her although I'm dating him in my head lol

1 hour ago, larus said:

I forgot to mention that in today episode she gave him a back hug and he did not rejected her. :D

Watched the raw version cuz I got all hyped up after reading your comments :D My Korean language skills have somewhat improved so I could understand little bit of the dialogues so yay! I actually skipped everything and watched only publisher Jin's stuff :wub:

This drama started off cute and had so much promise! I was excited to watch it and couldn't stand waiting the 7 days till it aired again. Now it leaves a bittersweet feeling as I watch it. I hope things pick up. I am struggling to watch MR crying all the time. It's hard. She's so mopey and depressed. I had hoped that she would be a fierce strong heroine. But she's turning out a bit lackluster. I hope the writers get their act together. Also disappointed in TJ. I might be remembering it wrong but I'm pretty sure he told MR he doesn't care about her past and all he wanted was for them to be together. 

5 hours ago, serendipity... said:

Finally my publisher Jin (my BTS heart lol) gets some good screen space. He was too funny to watch. Poor lad, he's no idea what's in store for him lol. Ahh I wish he'd stay back without running off

I feel the same way as you do. KTY, Eugene's husband, has become so much hotter and sexier with age. He did not look as good when he was in Creating Destiny with her. Isn't it nice to age and look so much more handsome? I really hope they show more of his pairing with the 3rd daughter. I am enjoying their story line. I am so tired of MR, TJ, the drama queen IS, the trophy wife and her lousy brother. Their story is so disappointing and boring!

3 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

This drama started off cute and had so much promise! I was excited to watch it and couldn't stand waiting the 7 days till it aired again. Now it leaves a bittersweet feeling as I watch it. I hope things pick up. I am struggling to watch MR crying all the time. It's hard. She's so mopey and depressed. I had hoped that she would be a fierce strong heroine. But she's turning out a bit lackluster. I hope the writers get their act together. Also disappointed in TJ. I might be remembering it wrong but I'm pretty sure he told MR he doesn't care about her past and all he wanted was for them to be together. 

Her past includes a major part of him he knew nothing about ,its  involves two women he loves the most so   confusing and anger is 100% to be expected .

That means he mother threw MR away how is suppose to feel about that? He acting like a normal person would.

Like I said before no away anyone would actually be clam about this it s a big deal.

subs anywhere?  Still not available on the sites I am familiar with?  Please PM me.  Thanks in advance.  I want to listen to 3 sets of conversation today.  One with SJ and TJ ;  SJ and MR and TJ and his dad ;

Wish I was watching Hotel Del luna - subs come out within 2 hours after airing.

@serendipity...why not? I did the same. Although I did listen to the death warmed up SJ giving tacit permission. Before the last scene but the whole fight scene was too much. It's not as if JB ever had a chance. For him to be so upset on her behalf.

Well first time I see a guy having a more fashionable hairstyle then a girl in a parking. Other than that enjoyed their moments this episode. Now off to work.

I sorta skipped the MR scene but might watch next week's based on the preview. Since the slimy uncle found out. He is such a slimeball that I might need to Google the actor. Just to watch him being nice in another drama.

Archived