Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Ever Night 2 将夜 2

Recommended Posts

Production quality is very poor episode 1. Besides Fu Zhi speaking, everyone that is dubbed or not dubbed doesn’t sync with the lips. Doesn’t have the same feel as Ever Night 1. Disappointing so far. Also why dub Long Qing voice when it’s the same actor? That’s a bit head scratcher. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, transort said:

Production quality is very poor episode 1. Besides Fu Zhi speaking, everyone that is dubbed or not dubbed doesn’t sync with the lips. Doesn’t have the same feel as Ever Night 1. Disappointing so far. Also why dub Long Qing voice when it’s the same actor? That’s a bit head scratcher. 

 

omg , so Long Qing is the same actor? i thought different actors (hairdo, costume, make-up, voice are all so differents than season 1):w00t:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, a_tumiwa said:

 

omg , so Long Qing is the same actor? i thought different actors (hairdo, costume, make-up, voice are all so differents than season 1):w00t:

 

Yeah, his character, after leaving the cave with the half-man and the abbey, is transformed, so i guess they changed the visuals to match his current level of evil-ness. Remember the ending of EN1 with him all buff and power-drunk? This is the outcome.

 

48 minutes ago, transort said:

Production quality is very poor episode 1. Besides Fu Zhi speaking, everyone that is dubbed or not dubbed doesn’t sync with the lips. Doesn’t have the same feel as Ever Night 1. Disappointing so far. Also why dub Long Qing voice when it’s the same actor? That’s a bit head scratcher. 

 

Ah yeah, the syncing is distracting too, but idk, i feel that that's common when dubbing is involved. even if perfect, your mind plays tricks on you because you know those sounds aren't coming out of their mouths (or anything else in the scene). The editing is not great, regardless.

 

Douban reviews are a mixed bag: https://movie.douban.com/subject/30417132/

 

Apparently the story/speed/quality/liking(??? i don't know what) gets better on episode 4 :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the first episode and the cast change is already being felt.  I think I can eventually get use to Dylan Wang as Ning Que but not having Leon back as the Emperor and Zoey Meng back as Ye Hong Yu is really gonna be tough for me to get use to. Seeing a whole new imperial family in the first episode was kinda weird to say the least. Bummer......

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the special effects has promise (LQ vs NQ scene), but they do looked rushed and a bit jarred. I wish they were much smoother. I remember thinking the talisman special effects in S1 were awesome especially when Yan Se (that's his name!) was using it. And the track accompanying the talismans were cool too.

 

I really liked CFY's voice in S1, so I'm really unhappy with this one. The cast changes are unfortunate, I already missed previous emperor (Leon Lai), empress, princess (Tong Yao), YHY and others, but do they have to change the fashion style and hair too? Why is almost everyone getting a perm of sorts?? Although, current LQ looks quite good (except his hair)...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I thought the special effects has promise (LQ vs NQ scene), but they do looked rushed and a bit jarred. I wish they were much smoother. I remember thinking the talisman special effects in S1 were awesome especially when Yan Se (that's his name!) was using it. And the track accompanying the talismans were cool too.

 

Thanks for the name lol. So many characters... the special effects, i think i'll need to watch it again on my tv. on the phone at 5AM my time they didn't look very special, ha! One of the things I liked about EN1 was that the effects didn't look cheesy. So far, I can't tell what I'm looking at, and whether it smells like cheese.

 

32 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I really liked CFY's voice in S1, so I'm really unhappy with this one. The cast changes are unfortunate, I already missed previous emperor (Leon Lai), empress, princess (Tong Yao), YHY and others, but do they have to change the fashion style and hair too? Why is almost everyone getting a perm of sorts?? Although, current LQ looks quite good (except his hair)...

 

I didn't even notice the royal family's costumes in that scene, I was too busy looking at NQ's secret bodyguard robes, and feeling bad for DW. Those clothes look SO much better on CFY :rolleyes:. The actress that replaced Tong Yao - is it me or did she not know she is acting in a drama? She looked like she was painted onto the set. Li Yu is such an arrogant and petulant woman, Tong Yao made it hard to take your eyes off her. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, llmantisll said:

Just watched the first episode and the cast change is already being felt.  I think I can eventually get use to Dylan Wang as Ning Que but not having Leon back as the Emperor and Zoey Meng back as Ye Hong Yu is really gonna be tough for me to get use to. Seeing a whole new imperial family in the first episode was kinda weird to say the least. Bummer......

Same feeling. Leon Lai as emperor was much more calm and dignified. This new emperor behaves in an erh unconventional manner, a little too jovial I must say. And Ye Hong Yu, the princess as well as the Fu Zi's disciples (the females) have been changed - sorry to say, their faces are more plain? (no offense to the current actresses). And I miss the arrogant and surly look that Ning Que had - this one is too playful and bright.  :o

 

And why do they no longer call Adam Cheng 'si fu', they call like lao shi? Strange...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

 

And why do they no longer call Adam Cheng 'si fu', they call like lao shi? Strange...

 

Maybe it's what they call him in the novel. They don't call him FuZi, they call him "Teacher" and "Headmaster". Mind you, I've no idea what FuZi means lol, but now they translate the name as "Sage" 

 

I know this drama has the same director, but does it have a different writer? That would explain some of these changes from s1

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Same feeling. Leon Lai as emperor was much more calm and dignified. This new emperor behaves in an erh unconventional manner, a little too jovial I must say. And Ye Hong Yu, the princess as well as the Fu Zi's disciples (the females) have been changed - sorry to say, their faces are more plain? (no offense to the current actresses). And I miss the arrogant and surly look that Ning Que had - this one is too playful and bright.  :o

 

And why do they no longer call Adam Cheng 'si fu', they call like lao shi? Strange...

I was never really a fan of Leon before, but I really did enjoyed his role as the Emperor. As for the Fu Zi's female disciples, I believe the 3rd sister is the same actress. Glad she stayed on. I'm crossing my fingers hoping it gets better. I have only seen the first episode and a little on the fence with it. I don't hate but don't love it either. Fingers crossed......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, llmantisll said:

Just watched the first episode and the cast change is already being felt.  I think I can eventually get use to Dylan Wang as Ning Que but not having Leon back as the Emperor and Zoey Meng back as Ye Hong Yu is really gonna be tough for me to get use to. Seeing a whole new imperial family in the first episode was kinda weird to say the least. Bummer......

 

Yeah.. just as I'm getting used to see Leon Lai as the Emperor and loving it when he threw a hissy fit at the enemies or anyone who threaten to kill Ning Que.. it's so endearing!

But the new Emperor is just too weird.

The princess, Ye Hong Yu and the queen? Omg. Don't get me started.

 

I'm fine with DW as NQ as he has a certain mischievous look on him that made him suitable for the role as NQ.

 

I'm not sure why Fuzi is always eating.... are they promoting chinese delicacies to us? :lol:

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

 

 

 

I'm not sure why Fuzi is always eating.... are they promoting chinese delicacies to us? :lol:

 

If I had 13 disciples cooking and catering to me, I would be chilling and eating as much as Fu Zi too. :relaxed:

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 11:24 AM, Lbpg said:

 

About why does Mo Shanshan get top billing along with NQ, SS, and Fuzi, I heard it's probably because the actress's name is more popular than other primary characters. But with the new trailer, it does seem they're playing her up, which is strange (dejavu from EN1 incoming) 


in ep 3 , 4 I see how SangSang felt awkward and uneasy and NQ stil seem to have some left over feelings atleay that how I understood and I was sad for SS

 

8 hours ago, llmantisll said:

I had 13 disciples cooking and catering to me, I would be chilling and eating as much as Fu Zi too. :relaxed:


Count me in that is die for, Order whatever and eat the food leisurely  :grin:

 

21 hours ago, starry58 said:

 

2 episodes down. Might subscribe to VIP to watch more episodes and see how this goes.


does wetv release eps with subs fast? Anyone know? If so I want to subscribe too

 

Sangsang 

Spoiler

I saw latest ep without subs, she coughed and the stone tones to ice.  She was terrified. Anybody who read the novel please share ur thoughts 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, a_tumiwa said:

the subs translation feels bad either


 

 

 

hahahhaa they honestly should come up with a better translation, this almost felt like a direct one lols

 

Spoiler

Screenshot-20200114-101003-We-TV.jpg

 

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kachan02 said:


in ep 3 , 4 I see how SangSang felt awkward and uneasy and NQ stil seem to have some left over feelings atleay that how I understood and I was sad for SS

 

NQ is clear about his feelings, but he always feels awkward about her. Her role in this second part is not that big, other than some key events where she helps people escape and leads her country in war. As far as story development, it's definitely not as big as some of the disciples, or Ye Qin (Ye Su). But if they wanted to emphasize the love triangle like they did in EN1, then it makes sense they do that lol

 

4 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

 


does wetv release eps with subs fast? Anyone know? If so I want to subscribe too

Yes, they're subbed already when they show up, idk if there's a lag in when they show up, but they were there already at Monday morning 5am for me on Pacific time, I can't remember what that is on local time for them. 

 

4 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

Sangsang 

  Reveal hidden contents

I saw latest ep without subs, she coughed and the stone tones to ice.  She was terrified. Anybody who read the novel please share ur thoughts 

 

 

Spoiler

She's pretty much dying. You would not be able to tell that from how she is with NQ on the early part of the journey, though. If you want to know why... 

 

Spoiler

Her body is inhabited by Haotian, which consumes her inner strength, if you want to think about it that way. So during the battle at the end of EN1, when she uses her power to connect with NQ as his natal item, she depletes and is consumed instead by the "chilling disease". She drinks and works non stop to warm her body enough so she doesn't freeze. This journey they're on is to cure this disease, but once they find out the cause - Haotian - everyone wants to kill her and him for protecting her. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't recall MSS being that big of a character in the novel (been a long time since i skimmed and dropped). Maybe they just need more angst for the plot and screentime for the actress? When I was still reading, I was on team Ye Hongyu because she wasn't romantically interested in NQ. I know I been ragging on SYR, but she is well casted and SS is actually a great character. I'm still trying to understand why I was never on the SS/NQ ship (novel or series). Certainly, I'm not so shallow enough to be hindered by looks? <_< Maybe, it's NQ that I never really liked haha. 

 

Everybody but NQ is plainer in the face lol. Oh! The new flower addict is good-looking but in that generic kinda way you see a lot on the internet. The old one was perpetually upset...well she was in love with LQ after all...

 

Yes! The quality of the production is what has been off for me, but I just couldn't put my finger on it! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sometimes if they need to change cast it will be better for the whole team to be change :x it just feel awkward seeing a face that u are so use to with another face

 

anyway back to the plot yes Mss wasnt suppose to have such a big roles.....im not sure if they trying to milk the popularity or the waves it will create with MSS in the screen to create ruckus.....

 

it just doesnt feel right

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, angelangie said:

 

anyway back to the plot yes Mss wasnt suppose to have such a big roles.....im not sure if they trying to milk the popularity or the waves it will create with MSS in the screen to create ruckus.....

 

it just doesnt feel right

 

I think that the conflict in the novel is so philosophical, that the writer probably feels they need to fill in with a love triangle to keep the masses entertained. My 2 cents. I agree it doesn't feel right, but we're used to it from s1 :)

 

@crackaddict if I had not seen EN1 and just internalized SS based on the novel, I wouldn't have warmed up to her at all. Her character is described as so utilitarian and emotionless, it's hard for me to relate to her. But it fits the plot better than a cheery girl, but it's not as nice to look at haha

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lbpg thanks for your explanation.more questions. what does Haotian mean? Also in second ep NQ introduced SS as his wife to the soldier. Are they married or Ss is his fiancé?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

 

I think that the conflict in the novel is so philosophical, that the writer probably feels they need to fill in with a love triangle to keep the masses entertained. My 2 cents. I agree it doesn't feel right, but we're used to it from s1 :)

 

@crackaddict if I had not seen EN1 and just internalized SS based on the novel, I wouldn't have warmed up to her at all. Her character is so described as so utilitarian and emotionless, it's hard for me to relate to her. But it fits the plot better than a cheery girl, but it's not as nice to look at haha

 

hahaha S1 was already a wreck at certain point however from what i can see S2 is wrecking more havoc than just s1

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...