[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Ever Night 2 将夜 2

Lynne

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, a_tumiwa said:

ohhh so that's a hometown of Longqing, i thought Xiling is a sect inside Yan kingdom, looks like Xiling itself is a state that near Yan Kingdom

Xiling is to the south west of Da He (where Mo Shanshan is from, on the map you screencapped it's bottom left). Tang is to the west of Da He, north west of Xiling, north of Yue Lun.

Yknow I clearly remember EN1 had a completely different map, like Tang was in the middle, idk what's up with that. 

edit: I looked, it's in the prologue where they give you geography, cultivatioj levels and general knowledge about the world. Yan Guo is to north west of Tang, Jin Zhang is to the north (same as EN2). Yue Lun is to the west. Nan Jing is to the south. Da He and Xiling are both south of Nan Jing, Xiling is to the east, Da He is to the west. 

drama geography is messed up. I was wondering how they would go back to Tang via Wei Cheng since Wei Cheng was in the north, while Yue Lun was in the south, with most of Tang in the book. Prologue geography works cos there's a mountain between Yue Lun and Tang, so from Yue Lun in the west, you go around to the north and pass by Wei Cheng then get to capital of Tang. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the drama differs from the novel with the ending. Novel - NQ is with Haotian. It’s a possibility that in the drama NQ could end up with MSS as foreshadowed by SS talk in the carriage. “After my death, you can be with him.” just saying

Ep 17: 21 mark, Fuzi says “I condensed brilliance of Haotian into illuminophore and injected into her body” what is the meaning of this

later he say tian eats people with top most cultivation, idk if I have to scratch my head:frown:

Spoiler

I was with difficulty emotions when sang sang seem to becoming into a total alien by saying she will kill her husband. 

Ep 24 preview was heart wrenching to look @ NQ searching for sang sang. I guess ep 19 preview showed that sang sang flies in to the sky and never came back. When will she return?

I wonder... did I missed any part why the evil red robe guy with the mask is no longer wearing the mask?

Or did they finally gotten an actor for this role and hence he is not wearing the mask much? :lol:

I seriously prefer that character to be the one in the irritating mask forever. :D

Ning Que and HaoTian are married and have children. HaoTian loves NingQue. I think SangSang's disappearance and HaoTian's appearance are not a bad thing. At least NingQue will never forget SangSang, she will always live in NingQue's memory

Spoiler

In the novel, NingQue and SangSang cannot finally be together. Hao Tian takes over Tang Tang's body. NQ is married to HaoTian, they even have children together. Because HaoTian has Tang Tang's memory, many people believe that NingQue's wife is SangSang. That is wrong. (In fact, SangSang disappears forever)

19 hours ago, skibbies said:

edit: I looked, it's in the prologue where they give you geography, cultivatioj levels and general knowledge about the world. Yan Guo is to north west of Tang, Jin Zhang is to the north (same as EN2). Yue Lun is to the west. Nan Jing is to the south. Da He and Xiling are both south of Nan Jing, Xiling is to the east, Da He is to the west. 

Jin Zhang to the north = Grasslanders/Badlands people? the place where Huang tribe and golden horde live?

On 1/23/2020 at 12:16 PM, a_tumiwa said:

Jin Zhang to the north = Grasslanders/Badlands people? the place where Huang tribe and golden horde live?

Yeah Jin Zhang = Golden Hoarde, the place where princess married? Badlands people are to even further north in the old map, it's too hard yo read in new one, but should be the same. 

Spoiler

In the past, Ye Hong Yu was raped from childhood by the leader of the Xiling sect (the man wearing a mask with a red cape). Experiencing that tragic event, she hated every man in the world

On 1/23/2020 at 11:45 PM, dzareth said:

@a_tumiwa, i believe that is 7th sister. In the novel there will be a time where she needs to join a battle

i think you're right, she's holding an embroidery hoop in the promo pic.

Unrelated... Douban finally released their rating for EN2: https://movie.douban.com/subject/30417132/

5.3 based on 9,904 reviews.

To be fair, it was a bit higher earlier, apparently

p243636952.webp

Ep 19: can you guys please enlighten me what went 18:00 min mark till 38 min mark?

it was so sad to see fuzi 

Spoiler

Die? 

Fuzi says he had to fight and it’s inevitable why is that? He calls NQ idiot even school child can understand yet I can’t seem to get it. What is Haotian goal at this point? Please some one help me to better understand as to what’s going on. I feel heartbroken for NQ as both the people he loved and cared for are gone, how is gonna cope with this. :bawling:

anyone??

7 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

Ep 19: can you guys please enlighten me what went 18:00 min mark till 38 min mark?

it was so sad to see fuzi 

Hide contents

Die? 

Fuzi says he had to fight and it’s inevitable why is that? He calls NQ idiot even school child can understand yet I can’t seem to get it. What is Haotian goal at this point? Please some one help me to better understand as to what’s going on. I feel heartbroken for NQ as both the people he loved and cared for are gone, how is gonna cope with this. :bawling:

anyone??

no idea how they'll explain it in the drama or

Spoiler

how they've explained her transformation into haotian so far,

but here's the chapter from the novel where he ascends, for context:

Spoiler

https://wuxiaworld.live/nightfall/chapter-693-1

read this and the next 1-2 chapters.

could be a major spoiler:

Spoiler

haotian splits into two entities, one in heaven and one on earth. fuzi goes to fight the one in heaven while he turns into a physical manifestation of the moon in this moonless dimension/planet, and NQ tries to get the one on earth to turn back into the old sangsang, *essentially*.

fuzi never makes it back to earth. but he doesn't technically "die"

haotian's goal is to re-establish her rule. no one is more powerful than her, and it was time to remind people of such.

definitely a major spoiler: 

Spoiler

Fuzi was pretty much bored of being ultra powerful, having lived over a thousand years, and having to live by the rules of haotian. he wanted to explore the universe but haotian's rules wouldn't let him, so he wanted to kill her.

as to why SS specifically, i don't think it's stated in the novel, but i think the fact that NQ is from another world, he's destined for SS and SS for him, haotian probably had been wanting to observe him closely his whole life? what i don't get is, through the power haotian gave to NQ (it's stated in the novel that he was as powerful as he was because SS/haotian was close to him/his natal object), he managed to destroy haotian's world. maybe haotian needed a vacation.

happy to have others correct my theories and memories, it's been a while and i'm tired lol 

hope it helps.

Archived