[Drama 2019] Beautiful World 아름다운 세상

larus

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, irilight said:

In ep. 2 I was more angry at the cover-up.

One of the things that is shocking to me is that Seo Eun-Joo  seems to have been the one to have seen Sun-Ho  right after his body hit the ground, but she did not call an ambulance or police.  Did she know then, or found out that her son is involved?  Even so,  at least get help and get the boy to a hospital. She is a mother too. How can she do that.

@irilight I'm wondering about that too when she saw the body if it was before she knew her son was involve or after. She saw the body and she had a panic reaction. It's either panic for her husband or for her son or for the whole situation. Or the reputation of the family..since it happened on school ground. The husband is chairman of the private school..if I recall ( can correct me if I'm wrong).

Normal reaction would be to  get help, do something. Not run away. Real life normal reaction would be to panic then get help.

13 hours ago, irilight said:

And later she proceeds to hide proof that her son is involved - all that without even speaking with her son. Does she think this is good parenting?

I'm wary of the husband.. and what's going on. And no that's not good parenting.  I said before when someone does something terrible to someone, that person may be going through with something that violent dangerous monster action. But that doesn't excuse the behaviour of the bully. Punishment should be handed accordingly.

So was SH pushed  (and wby whom)  or he jumped? That is the mystery.  I could be wrong he remove his white sneakers while on the rooftop.. then when he fell I think he had sneakers.

1 hour ago, jongski said:

So was SH pushed  (and wby whom)  or he jumped? That is the mystery.  I could be wrong he remove his white sneakers while on the rooftop.. then when he fell I think he had sneakers.

He was wearing sneakers when he fell.  Someone took them off and put them on the rooftop to make it look like suicide.  It seems like some other stuff was also moved before he was found.  If I recall properly, his phone was taken.

15 hours ago, jongski said:

14 hours ago, thistle said:

He was wearing sneakers when he fell.  Someone took them off and put them on the rooftop to make it look like suicide.  It seems like some other stuff was also moved before he was found.  If I recall properly, his phone was taken.

It wasn't confirmed that his phone was taken, right? So far we've only been told that it is missing.

Yes he did have his sneakers on when he fell.

Watching ep.3 now, just started, and had to write a bit here.... Gosh, the opening was really tough to watch. I can imagine the pain that SH's mother is feeling when watching the video. Those boys!! I am so angry I feel like beating each one of them myself. They took turns to beat SH and recorded the beating.... well, I'm guessing very soon jtbc is going to receive some protests from viewers for showing it....

11 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

It wasn't confirmed that his phone was taken, right? So far we've only been told that it is missing.

I'm not sure, and i didn't quite finish watching episode 2 yet.  This show is so upsetting, especially for anyone who has been bullied.

What I do recall is a visual from when he was on the ground and the phone was at his right near his feet, and I thought that it was gone later when his shoes had been taken away.  But my recall can be fuzzy and I certainly could have mistaken seeing the phone gone or maybe the phone was just moved.

28 minutes ago, thistle said:

What I do recall is a visual from when he was on the ground and the phone was at his right near his feet, and I thought that it was gone later when his shoes had been taken away.  But my recall can be fuzzy and I certainly could have mistaken seeing the phone gone or maybe the phone was just moved.

You're right. It was next to him. I went to rewatch. Didn't pay attention the first time round. So yeah, someone must have taken it because the police said it is not found. Who......?

Then there is a missing journal with the words Moby richard simmons on the cover that was not returned as part of his belongings, but the mother was sure he took it to school that day.

6 hours ago, jongski said:

She saw the body and she had a panic reaction. It's either panic for her husband or for her son or for the whole situation. Or the reputation of the family..since it happened on school ground. The husband is chairman of the private school..if I recall ( can correct me if I'm wrong).

And she wanted to kill the guy while he was in the hospital. She just did not have enough courage, but she was ready to turn off his life support system. I'm sure she herself is associated with that unfortunate boy. She doesn't just protect her son. She protects herself.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

But we were shown that after the boy fell from the roof, the phone lay nearby. And when they found him, there was no phone. He was definitely taken by someone. I think more than one person saw the boy before the guard called the ambulance.:blink:

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Moby richard simmons

The site censors really messed this up.  Can't stop laughing.  :lol:  Funniest thing I've seen all day.

I remember seeing the book in one scene, too.

13 minutes ago, thistle said:

The site censors really messed this up.  Can't stop laughing.  :lol:  Funniest thing I've seen all day.

I remember seeing the book in one scene, too.

:lol: This is the first time I got censored out.... Should I be proud? Or ashamed? ROTFLOL... :joy:

What do we do if we have a drama character with that D name?? LOLOL...

8 minutes ago, thistle said:

We should just shame Herman Melville.  :lol:  I'm still laughing.

Hahaha....

I don't know why his mother thought it is a journal? Coz when I first saw it, I thought it is one of his literature books for reading assignment. But the camera did make sure to linger on the cover. 

3 hours ago, thistle said:

You have sharp eyes. So his phone was near his right eart.. question is who took them. Obviously the bully boy mother panic.  It was night when he fell from the rooftop.

18 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hahaha....

I don't know why his mother thought it is a journal? Coz when I first saw it, I thought it is one of his literature books for reading assignment. But the camera did make sure to linger on the cover. 

I thought that Moby *cough cough* Richard was one of his schoolbooks, too but if it is a journal, then there could be some valuable clues in there about the bullying.

17 hours ago, jongski said:

You have sharp eyes. So his phone was near his right eart.. question is who took them. Obviously the bully boy mother panic.  It was night when he fell from the rooftop.

Thanks!  The bully boy mom is awful.  She is only protecting her son no matter who else is harmed, and that only teaches her boy that it is okay to be bad.

On 4/12/2019 at 2:24 AM, katakwasabi said:

Oh..i just thought the button came of when he fell and the mum picked it up from the ground

@katakwasabi,  But I thought there was a scene in which the mom found it in her son's pocket.
That is why it was followed with the scene of her trying to flash it down the toilet - so as not to implicate her son?

Her son is a riddle. So far, even when he cried about Sun-Ho, and I thought he was genuine, his own friends called him off as a "jerk."

On 4/12/2019 at 2:02 AM, ktcjdrama said:

I'm wondering why the button is with JS's mom. There must be close contact then? Pushing and shoving? JS's mom saw the boys fighting maybe and tried to help her son, accidentally pushing SH off the rooftop? Or could it be it's just the two of them on the rooftop??

@ktcjdrama, I am guessing that the woman who heard Sun-Ho's body hit the ground, and approached the body - was Eun-Joo (Joon-Seok's mom). The scene only showed a woman with high heels, but we later saw her with same or similar high-heels shoes.

On 4/12/2019 at 1:58 PM, jongski said:

I'm wondering about that too when she saw the body if it was before she knew her son was involve or after. She saw the body and she had a panic reaction. It's either panic for her husband or for her son or for the whole situation. Or the reputation of the family..since it happened on school ground. The husband is chairman of the private school..if I recall

@jongski, the only parent who knew what  was going on better than the others, is Young-Chul's mother (I think), who saw the video on her son's phone when he was showering. She started yelling at him about it - and we do not really know what happened in that video.  And because her son is involved she did not say anything about it to Sun-Ho's family, even though she works at their restaurant/coffee shop.  She just tries her best to help them, and esp. Soo-Ho...  And maybe part of it, she wants to keep tabs on what they find out...?

On 4/12/2019 at 1:58 PM, jongski said:

I'm wary of the husband.. and what's going on

I am too.  Seems his main agenda in the beginning is to protect the school's reputation, in that "things like that cannot happen in this school," and he manages to rally most of the other teaches and staff behind him. Never a thought that a good school will be vigilant in finding out what really happened.

Or did he know already or suspected that his son was involved?  He did notice later, the button in the toilet, the one his wife tried to dispose of.

On 4/12/2019 at 3:45 PM, thistle said:

@thistle,  ah.. thank you for that. I did not notice he was wearing sneakers when he fell.
Now we do know, that both his phone and diary are missing. So the order in which events occurred is a bit confusing.
Because if he were wearing the sneakers when he fell,  was it Eun-Joo who took them off and placed them on the roof?  It somehow seems unlikely (but I may be wrong).
But we know, she was not award of his phone and diary missing; It could have been there on the scene, and she may not have noticed; Or someone else could have come there after she left,  taken the phone and the diary - and placed the sneakers on the roof....?

Maybe I'll re-watch ep. 2 while waiting for Viki to finish subbing ep. 3.

19 hours ago, Friendly kitty said:

And she wanted to kill the guy while he was in the hospital. She just did not have enough courage, but she was ready to turn off his life support system. I'm sure she herself is associated with that unfortunate boy. She doesn't just protect her son. She protects herself

@Friendly kitty, oh I was so shocked in that scene at the hospital.  But it never occurred to me that she may be protecting herself and not her son... Interesting thought....!

17 hours ago, jongski said:

But it could not have been her. She was startled later to find out that the phone and diary are missing. She even went at home searching for them in her son's room. And she did tell her husband about it....

16 minutes ago, irilight said:

Or someone else could have come there after she left,  taken the phone and the diary - and placed the sneakers on the roof....?

Maybe I'll re-watch ep. 2 while waiting for Viki to finish subbing ep. 3.

I think that the shoes will be a major clue to who the culprit is.  I really don't believe that he tried to commit suicide.  The phone and the diary will also be really important.  

Subs are out for 3 & 4 in other places.  I've gotta catch up with watching!

1 hour ago, irilight said:

@katakwasabi,  But I thought there was a scene in which the mom found it in her son's pocket.
That is why it was followed with the scene of her trying to flash it down the toilet - so as not to implicate her son?

@ktcjdrama, I am guessing that the woman who heard Sun-Ho's body hit the ground, and approached the body - was Eun-Joo (Joon-Seok's mom). The scene only showed a woman with high heels, but we later saw her with same or similar high-heels shoes.

@jongski, the only parent who knew what  was going on better than the others, is Young-Chul's mother (I think), who saw the video on her son's phone when he was showering. She started yelling at him about it - and we do not really know what happened in that video.  And because her son is involved she did not say anything about it to Sun-Ho's family, even though she works at their restaurant/coffee shop.  She just tries her best to help them, and esp. Soo-Ho...  And maybe part of it, she wants to keep tabs on what they find out...?

But it could not have been her. She was startled later to find out that the phone and diary are missing. She even went at home searching for them in her son's room. And she did tell her husband about it....

I have to rewatch to confirm, but I think Eun Joo found the button in her own pocket, not her son's pocket.

The sequence of Eun Joo hearing and approaching the body was a dream. And it was the body of her son JS.

Young-Chul's mother works at a convenient store, not for Sun-Ho's family. She is an interesting character because we can see her conflicted emotions. Many times she wants to come clean and apologize to In-Ha.

I think jongski was not referring to SH's mother. Bully boy= JS, not SH. So the panicked mother is Eun-Joo, not In-Ha.

~~~~

I believe the shoes will be an important clue in future. In-Ha hasn't noticed it due to her grief, but SH doesn't tie his shoes properly, only slipping in the laces (shown in ep.1) But the shoes was found and returned nicely tied. Maybe his sister will be the one to notice it?

kEWmL78.png

3yhG8OD.png

The characters:

Sun-Ho's family:

Park Moo-Jin (father)

Kang In-Ha (mother)

Park Soo-Ho (sister)

Kang Joon-Ha (aunt)

Jooh-Seok's family:

Oh Jin-Pyo (father)

Seo Eun-Joo (mother)

Classmates and their family:

Han Dong-Hee ~ Han Dong-Soo (brother, also student of Moo-Jin)

Jung Da-Hee (not yet appeared, the girl on leave, another bullied student?)

Jo Young-Chul ~ Im Sook-hee (mother)

Lee Ki-Chan ~ Kwon Ji-Hye (mother)

Na Sung-Jae ~ Eun Kyung-Sun (mother)

School teachers:

Lee Jin-Woo (Sun-Ho's teacher)

Ahn So-Yo (Soo-Ho's teacher)

Shin Kang-Hoon (the guy with maroon sweater)

Myung Sun (the elderly one, principal?)

Bae Sang-Bok (the annoying teacher with glasses)

Shin Dae-Gil (the guard who found Sun-Ho)

Police:

Det.Park Seung Man

Det.Kim

43 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

The sequence of Eun Joo hearing and approaching the body was a dream. And it was the body of her son JS.

Let me correct myself here. It could be true that EJ was indeed walking at the school ground and saw the body on the ground. Because she was wearing the same coat (with furry wrists) where she found the button from. The part that she saw the body was her son's would then be the dreaming part.

On 4/13/2019 at 11:34 AM, Friendly kitty said:

And she wanted to kill the guy while he was in the hospital. She just did not have enough courage, but she was ready to turn off his life support system. I'm sure she herself is associated with that unfortunate boy. She doesn't just protect her son. She protects herself.

But this is part where I'm confused. Why does she was to pull the life support of SH? I mean really is she that heartless. That's practically killing someone.

5 hours ago, irilight said:

@Friendly kitty, oh I was so shocked in that scene at the hospital.  But it never occurred to me that she may be protecting herself and not her son... Interesting thought....!

But protecting herself from what? Unless she has something to do with SH. may confront him prior to  SH jumping? Maybe she knew of her son's bullying but did not do anything?  May be his son suffered under the father. Or may she herself  suffering being hit her Husband.

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Let me correct myself here. It could be true that EJ was indeed walking at the school ground and saw the body on the ground. Because she was wearing the same coat (with furry wrists) where she found the button from. The part that she saw the body was her son's would then be the dreaming part.

So could it be that she fears for her son as well? That her son could end up doing the same thing or much worse? Maybe I'm confused. I'm sure there's  back story to that and why lash out at other students and doing terrible things.

And I also want to see more of Seo Young Joo! He's young talented excellent actor ( watch his dramas and movies, you'll see what I mean) I want to see him more in this drama. He plays Dong Soo. The student of Moo Jin.

I have watched only episode 4 and it is so sad. Seeing mother and father blaming themselves for what happened made me cry. I do hope they identify the culprit early. It is always so annoying to see near 'misses' in other shows, the smirks that follow from the culprit is just so galling.

The younger sister looks familiar but I cannot remember the show. Looking forward to the rest.

Archived