[Drama 2019] Beautiful World 아름다운 세상

larus

4 hours ago, maribella said:

It is a bit jumbled to me too. She was assaulted on her birthday, stopped coming to school the next day, told SH she was assaulted by JS ...when is this? I thought it was not long after her birthday. 

If SH went to the flower shop and got DH flowers on her birthday when she claimed to have been assaulted, how could the librarian say SH was in the library the whole day?

I hope the writer has a chart of the sequence or it will really ruin the drama.-_-

Edit: I thought SH bought flowers for DH on her birthday. Wrong?

- Some time before Da Hee's birthday, Joon Seok and Seon Ho had a fallout because Seon Ho was against his old friends being mean to Dong Hee (who I think transferred to their school after being driven out of her old school by the parents of the bullies she tried to help expose), and Joon Seok took that as an offense towards him.

- Joon Seok started to manipulate others to be mean to Seon Ho, and started to string Da Hee along knowing Seon Ho had a crush on Da Hee but Da Hee had a crush on Joon Seok.

- The day before Da Hee's birthday, she asked Joon Seok to hang out with her, but he refused. When she ran into Seon Ho later, Seon Ho asked her to hang out on her birthday instead, and seeing that Joon Seok was listening, Da Hee agreed thinking Joon Seok would be jealous.

- On Da Hee's birthday, Seon Ho was bringing her a cake and they planned to go to the movie. But Joon Seok called Da Hee to meet, and Da Hee ditched Seon Ho. So Seon Ho went home returning the cake and then to the library all day. Joon Seok also ditched Da Hee that day according to their texts. It looks like all Joon Seok wanted was to spoil Seon Ho's plan. We don't know what else might have happened to Da Hee that day.

- The day after her birthday, Da Hee stopped going to school because of panic disorder. It's not clear what she told her parents why she started having panic disorder. But it could be anything, she could have said stress from school, etc. But there was no mention of any sexual assault at that point. I also want to note that Joon Seok's friends teased him a few days later, saying that the reason Da Hee stopped going to school must be because Joon Seok stood her up, to which Joon Seok didn't respond, as Dong Hee recalled.

- A while later, Seon Ho saw that Da Hee didn't go to school for an extended time, knowing that it wasn't a normal sickness, he decided to visit her. When the flower shop owner teased him for bringing flowers to a girl, he just smiled and said, it's just a friend who has been sick.

- That same day, Da Hee somehow told Seon Ho that the reason she stopped going to school is because of Joon Seok.

- Later that day, Seon Ho fought with Joon Seok on the rooftop and fell and became unconscious.

- Hearing that Seon Ho's unconscious, Da Hee now told her parents that she was assaulted, and that it was Seon Ho who did it, according to her parents.

Da Hee's parents then had no reason to go after Seon Ho and his parents, because Seon Ho was already unconscious. Da Hee's mother was just gleeful that Seon Ho had to "suffer". Da Hee probably chose to accuse Seon Ho at this point knowing that her parents couldn't confront comatose Seon Ho.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@cinnyangel wow thanks! The timeline is now clear! 

I actually missed the part of SH sitting down with Dong Hee, not wanting her to be left alone. *smack forehead*

@ktcjdrama I'm almost up to date on the drama now! Left episode 13 and 14 to watch!

I really love this drama.

Thanks for recommending! :kiss_wink:

As a parent myself, I can relate to every mothers in the drama. Be it the crying, whining or screaming. Every mother will always protect their own kids and choose to believe them.

Ultimately, I think we as an adult, have to really sit down and listen to our kids.

Because the world we were taught back then does not exist for the kids now.

Edit to say: But for murder /cover up the accident / lies.

There's definitely a line that no one should cross.

We also still don't know where Seon Ho's diary is. I think the school guard took it too, we saw him looking at it after he took the phone. He obviously couldn't include it in the cactus. Where could it be and will it tell us more?

44 minutes ago, cinnyangel said:

We also still don't know where Seon Ho's diary is. I think the school guard took it too, we saw him looking at it after he took the phone. He obviously couldn't include it in the cactus. Where could it be and will it tell us more?

If Seon Ho wakes up then the need for the diary won't be the same. Why did the writer choose to wait on this for so long?

EJ is admitting that she was at the scene of the fall but says she was confused and was concerned for her son. However, she did call 911 at the time she first saw SH on the ground and then hang up the phone. Would that not prove that she was not confused? She thought about her son. So she ran up the stairs and found a distraught JS alive and well. She attempted to dial 911 again and then remembered to save her son by manipulating the scene and make it look like a suicide, ran up and down the stairs to get the shoes of SH, laced it and put it on the roof. Then she bribed the security guard. JPY killed the only witness who could prove that EJ was not confused.  There is proof of bribery but the police could still not prosecute  EJ?  If they find that she did call 911 and hang up and the time between that call to the time 911 was actually called was a long, long time would she not be guilty of neglect, that her actions were deliberate and not confused? Her excuse was that she thought SH was already dead. Whether one thinks that SH was dead or not, the first instinct would be to call 911, the police, EMS? Seems JPY has connections to the justice and legal departments that the police know that if they did not have solid proof of crime that their case will be dismissed? JPY prepared his son well by putting the blame on SH, that SH accused JS of something he did not do and initiated the fight. That JS never bullied SH. Now JS lost faith in EJ and clinging to JPY. I am afraid that JS will become just like his daddy. I do hope that they could find and protect the witness who could prove that the security guard's death was not an accident . I really hope the ending that the guilty will not escape punishment due by law. 

If Seon Ho wakes up then the need for the diary won't be the same. Why did the writer choose to wait on this for so long?

@Sloth3toeI think that the diary is necessary. It is better proof than SH who was in a coma for a long time and just woke up. A good lawyer will be able to make SH's memories seem fuzzy and questionable. The diary may contain details, dates and names which could be proven more accurately. The diary will also stimulate and enhance SH memories. I hope they find the diary. 

•  

About the mysterious diary.

How would anyone know it is a diary at the first place?

I don't recall that the diary look anything prominent that scream "Diary! Look at me!"

So we are talking about another witness that we have no idea or........

The ex police guard had hidden it somewhere and not disclosed yet?

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

About the mysterious diary.

How would anyone know it is a diary at the first place?

I don't recall that the diary look anything prominent that scream "Diary! Look at me!"

So we are talking about another witness that we have no idea or........

The ex police guard had hidden it somewhere and not disclosed yet?

In-Ha remembered there is one book that is missing from SH's belongings. She believed it to be his diary/journal, although the cover of the missing book is actually of a classic by Herman Merville. I won't try to type the name here since it will be censored out anyway, lol... The said book/diary below:

cRC2hnD.png?1

The witness we're talking about I think it's the person who saw the guard before he was hit by the truck.

There was also the CCTV of the fight between SH and JS which could ultimately prove that the fall of SH was an accident if it was and may have recorded the actions of EJ running back and forth and putting the shoes of SH on the roof. I wonder if the guard had made copies of the CCTV and had it hidden with the diary? 

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

There was also the CCTV of the fight between SH and JS which could ultimately prove that the fall of SH was an accident if it was and may have recorded the actions of EJ running back and forth and putting the shoes of SH on the roof. I wonder if the guard had made copies of the CCTV and had it hidden with the diary?

That footage should still be with the CCTV provider company. Earlier the police were saying that most owners would not really have destroyed cameras/footage because they can make money out of them.

28 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

That footage should still be with the CCTV provider company. Earlier the police were saying that most owners would not really have destroyed cameras/footage because they can make money out of them.

Thank you. I hope the police can get to that footage. EJ thought that she did what she did to protect JS but by telling JS to keep silent and say he was never in the roof with SH, she made a liar of her son. No wonder JS does not  trust EJ or believe anything EJ says anymore. I think that one time when JS went to the bakery and bumped into SH aunt that he really wanted to tell the truth but could not because it would  implicate his mother. EJ did not realize it but by doing what she did, it was her son that she had hurt the most. JS now is closer to his father and wants the power that he thinks his father wields. 

Preview! Our boy is awake :D Joon seok gonna confess to the detective :o I guess this is start on his redemption and choosing to own up to his wrongdoing! I think he and his mother gonna start over and begin their healing. wonder if eun joo really can do that but her boy is so young, I think he have learned his lesson can be a better adult after this.  Jin pyo is a lost case...  

I've finally finished episode 14 and I am up to date now!

Cried tears of joy and  not complaining at all!

JS's dad is just beyond redemption. 

Hopefully JS and Dahee will tell the truth in next episode!

Rewatching C-subbed, this time with my family, and having my heart shattered all over again, before even properly recovering from it the first time round - reliving the Park family's pain from the moment their world came crashing down around them, through their debilitating guilt as they combed through each moment in self-recriminations, wishing that they had acted differently, listened more closely, responded immediately. The significance of the energy bar in Dong Hee's hand now takes on new meaning with hindsight, and just the sight of it pains me so much, knowing how Seon Ho continued to reach out and encourage others, even when he himself is flailing and struggling inside :tears:

A Beautiful World: Episode 13

by lovepark

beautifulworld13-00109.jpg

Hate is a strong emotion that can fuel people to make choices they might regret, but because of its intensity, it can also be an attractive feeling that some people seek. However, just as hate can move people, so can fear and self-preservation. As some characters find themselves pushed further into a corner, they start to lash out, but our heroes steadily face the troubles thrown their way.

EPISODE 13 RECAP: People at the Edge of a Cliff

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/a-beautiful-world-episode-13/

Tearing so much with joy at the beginning of episode 15, along with the characters as they found out about SH regaining consciousness... However, there are some adults who aren't too happy... seriously?? What kind of people are they?? Well, at least we get to see that EJ is sincerely relieved and happy that SH is finally awake.

We also finally get to see whether what happened that night to SH was accident or intentional.

There is a twist at the end of the episode... JS finally couldn't take it anymore and decided to do things his way. All I can say is that the poor boy is forced to take that route due to the lacking of trust/belief from the adults around him.

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:
Spoiler

Tearing so much with joy at the beginning of episode 15, along with the characters as they found out about SH regaining consciousness... However, there are some adults who aren't too happy... seriously?? What kind of people are they?? Well, at least we get to see that EJ is sincerely relieved and happy that SH is finally awake.

We also finally get to see whether what happened that night to SH was accident or intentional.

There is a twist at the end of the episode... JS finally couldn't take it anymore and decided to do things his way. All I can say is that the poor boy is forced to take that route due to the lacking of trust/belief from the adults around him.

@ktcjdrama

Spoiler

Good for JS. What did he hear though from his parents or know about his parents aside from his mother making the scene of the fall like a suicide by SH and lying about it when questioned by the police. Does he suspect his mother killed the security guard or does he suspect his father?

what about DH, any news about DH? Did they find out what happened to her? 

@thistle @zenya22

Spoiler

It was an accident. JS pushed him too hard over the railing when they were fighting but he caught on his bag which is why the bag tore and content scattered all over. We see this through SH's dream/memory. 

JS confessed to the police that what happened to SH wasn't an accident, while the scene cut to SH telling his sister and Dong Hee that it was an accident. JS also confessed he did whatever it is to Da Hee. 

It's sad because he's been telling everyone that it was an accident but no one believes him. So he probably thought, I may as well confessed as so. 

He did find, run after, and insist talking to Da Hee but we don't get to hear any of their conversation yet  

Recovery and redemption are the themes for this penultimate episode, and it is like a deep, refreshing gasp of fresh air after a long, arduous journey of anguish - for Seon Ho, those who love him, and us as viewers who have been rooting for this family. The hour seems way too short, and I, for one, wish we have more moments of joy with them.

The reveal of what truly transpired that night on the rooftop was one that I had been hoping to be true, which makes everything that happened after that incident all the more tragic. Once more, it looks to be heading down the road of "He said, he said" - now with both parties stating different versions of the incident. Perhaps this time, there is hope that those who have been suffering under such emotional torment behind a callous, nonchalant mask will see the true strength of kindness and forgiveness, and find their own path to redemption.

What happened to Da Hee remains a mystery for now, but unless I am wrong, she might end up being revealed as one who had been hurling false accusations all along. If she was truly lying all this while out of the inability to handle being toyed with and spurned by JS, she is the one who inadvertently lit the fire and brought about this whole tragedy, and is just as culpable for character assassination, first of JS, then of Seon Ho. And she may likely end up as the most unsympathetic character out of all, just ahead of OJP.

There is still no clue as to what happened to Seon Ho's diary. Does it contain the truth that would prove or disprove all the lies that have been going around - whether through self-preservation or self-recriminations? Yet what truth could it contain since Seon Ho himself, up to that moment on the rooftop, may have been equally misled? Or perhaps it contains words of encouragement and forgiveness to those who had bullied him, and his hope that his once-best friend would finally tap into the good that is dormant within himself? And the reveal of it might possibly be the trigger that sets JS and the other boys, back on the path to becoming a better person?

Why is it the finale already?

46 minutes ago, liddi said:

Or perhaps it contains words of encouragement and forgiveness to those who had bullied him, and his hope that his once-best friend would finally tap into the good that is dormant within himself? And the reveal of it might possibly be the trigger that sets JS and the other boys, back on the path to becoming a better person?

I was hoping for this too. Then JS will finally know that SH has always been his true friend. That it was only in his head that SH is not regarding him as best friend anymore.

Archived