[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Legend of Awakening 天醒之路

tothestars

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drama is ok. Not great ( direction is issue , lead actress is plastic)

Watched until 24.

Arthur chen is carrying the show. Lead actress face has no emotion. she is trying hard but its not these. did she undergo any plastic surgery? Her face looks like park min young but in angry stern face. She should quit acting and be idol only

Because of her dead face , there is lack of chemistry between leads.

Sutan ( she acts like veteran at age 14) rocks , servant girl ( could turn villain - daugher of the gang leader) acts well

Lu Ping Master guy was very good. He has two roles and he is able to separate two characters in some way.

The problem with drama is that fight scenes are not good. Poor budget may be.

None of these dramas will ever compare to big budget production like evernight season 1( every thing came together). It was like big budget hollywood movie. It was flawless.

We cant expect drama to be that good. You could say untamed is also not big production. Main reason for Untamed success was multiple story line. It was new. It was never focussed on fights. It was different..ghost and richard simmons.  There was friendship no romance. 

For a drama to be success you need strong romance. That is what lacking in this legend of awakening.

1 hour ago, FantasyDweller said:

For a drama to be success you need strong romance. That is what lacking in this legend of awakening.

Actially, I do not like romance. I prefer wuxia movie over romance. So I think LOA lack of good fight scenes. if the fight scences are as good as ever night it will be a hit for wuxia fans.

2 hours ago, a_tumiwa said:

new costume?

dont tell me that he is kicked out from Beidou institute again

I think everytime they leave the school (下山)for private reason, but not for school event or representing school, they dont have to wear school uniform. Like what Lu Ping and friends did after they win Force Combat Competition, they changed into regular costume.

1 hour ago, FantasyDweller said:

servant girl ( could turn villain - daugher of the gang leader) acts well

I almost think you said this as a fact LOL, i didnt read word "could", since i dont fully read the novel, what a twist that will be, Chu Min's lover turns out head of the ShanHai Gang and Ling ZiYan also daughter of head ShanHai Gang.

But i think she will not, since the trailer show she and Yan XiFan will be together riding horse wearing general uniform, so i think they together fight defending Shuo Kingdom. 

What i think turns out to be villain is Yan QiuCi, i think in one clip showing Lu Ping in white costume, he fight in the desert with someone who resembles with Yan QiuCi, the hair, the costume. But we'll see.

6 hours ago, mei2018 said:

I like CFY acting too especially emotional scene when Lu Ping was hurt. I think he captured it well. 

Yeah so many scenes he gets hurt right? I also think he is so natural doing that, the dubbing also fit, like really really hurt!

I think i saw him crying one scene in ep 14, when Lu Ping get shot in the chest with Penetrating Bone Needle from Wen GeCheng, after he and Guo YouDao fighting to lured ShanHai Gang.

On 5/5/2020 at 7:09 AM, Sun Tzu said:

--Sorry for cutting your post--

This drama is nowhere near the Untamed and cannot be compared to it. It reminds me of The Great Ruler. That drama has a bigger budget than The Untamed, yet the acting was also bad. Ouyang Nana's acting is comparable to Cheng Xiao's skills. One is a piece of wood and the other is super annoying and does not deserve that much screen time IN MY OPINION.

I will say LOA is not pretentious and target audience more for entertainment rather than artistic purpose.  It has funny as well as touching moments although acting wise not all have perfected their skills.  The Great Ruler was worse, a show I looked forward to but ended up in disappointment.  I was surprised that Ouyang Nana was so stiff in her expressions.  I thought she was better than Arthur Chen previously.  For me I'm one of those minority who thought that The Untamed was not as fantastic as many made it out to be.  First half of the drama about the past was boring and dry that got really exciting only when story was back to the present.

14 hours ago, Sun Tzu said:

--Sorry for cutting your post--

You totally misunderstood me. This was supposed to be a "breakout hit" like the Untamed. Not!...

As @caranita and @tothestars mentioned there was no news about LOA being a "breakout hit".  Still am glad to see LOA doing quite fine currently.  It's a charming drama that I like to watch without any apprehension.

EN2 has good fighting scenes but got too draggy so I gave up and drop it though it's a good quality production.  I ended up watching the episodes with fight scenes only.

In LOA up to current ep 20, I really missed the main cast being together.  I can't wait to see all of them together again.  I'm sad that first master has to sacrifice himself for Lu Ping though his spirit still live in everyone's heart.

6 hours ago, tothestars said:

What i think turns out to be villain is Yan QiuCi, i think in one clip showing Lu Ping in white costume, he fight in the desert with someone who resembles with Yan QiuCi, the hair, the costume. But we'll see.

Hmmm... that's a potential plot twist, but not unimaginable, seeing what has happened with other characters, LOL.

I'm still curious about Xu Weifeng though. I think there should be more to him than what we know so far. (Well, I hope so).

Just browsing Weibo. Fans are kind of panicking over whether this show will have a BE or HE right now because in the actor interview, he said there's some "regrets" when asked about the main CP and that the second half of the show is less sweet and more sadness.

Also spoiler on who was invovled with the MC's parents death

Spoiler

Apparently the king had a hand in it. Which put the main CP in opposing side when the girl's brother died and she became the next general.

11 hours ago, tothestars said:

BTS

1. Qin Sang n Lu Ping

https://b23.tv/BV13Q4y1N7u3

2. Mo Lin n Lu Ping

#天醒之路 【花絮】“路林”奇妙组合:这都能聊下去!——你俩的世界,没有旁人 https://v.douyin.com/KGWGDr/ 复制此链接,打开【抖音短视频】,直接观看视频!

20200506-215604.jpg

Haha.. things that boys talk about

size of shoes! Size 46 is huge!

4 hours ago, caranita said:

Hmmm... that's a potential plot twist, but not unimaginable, seeing what has happened with other characters, LOL.

I'm still curious about Xu Weifeng though. I think there should be more to him than what we know so far. (Well, I hope so).

Have you watched ep 23-24? If yes, i think there is no more of him anymore.

2 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Just browsing Weibo. Fans are kind of panicking over whether this show will have a BE or HE right now because in the actor interview, he said there's some "regrets" when asked about the main CP and that the second half of the show is less sweet and more sadness.

Also spoiler on who was invovled with the MC's parents death

Hide contents

Apparently the king had a hand in it. Which put the main CP in opposing side when the girl's brother died and she became the next general.

Oh boy... Yeah i think judging from the trailers and clips, you are right... I just dont want anybody from ZhaiFeng member die, only the master alone has already beat me into tears...

1 hour ago, tothestars said:

Have you watched ep 23-24? If yes, i think there is no more of him anymore.

I have, and I still think

Spoiler

despite him confessing of being part of the Shanhai Tower,

there's probably more. But let me rewatch before tonight's episodes!:D 

2 hours ago, caranita said:

I have, and I still think

Hide contents

despite him confessing of being part of the Shanhai Tower,

there's probably more. But let me rewatch before tonight's episodes!:D 

LOL, i think that is all from him :rolleyes:,

but.... why he was inserted into the poster of ZhaiFeng Group yeah? Hmmm

Arghhhh i was right!!!! About YanQiuCi fighting with LuPing but dont know why... That is why there is clip Yan XiFan begging his father telling that Lu Ping is his life and death brother... Hmmmm

#天醒之路 #港风打戏 天醒继承正宗港风打戏,可能从港普的导演就开始了~ https://v.douyin.com/K3312Q/ 复制此链接,打开【抖音短视频】,直接观看视频!

Screenshot-20200507-184131.jpg

LOA surprised me when it revealed that Wen Ge Cheng was in fact a villain of Shanhai Gang and when First Master being stabbed by Lu Ping was actually an act to lure out Wen Ge Cheng.  I didn't see that coming.  Wen Ge Cheng disguised himself so well.  Only First Master suspected him.  What a twist!  But I like it. :D

4 May news article about Legend of Awakening achieving good ratings:

About Legend of Awakening Ratings

新电视剧 《天醒之路》Legend of Awakening  主演 : 陈飞宇,熊梓棋,程潇,邓恩熙,虞祎杰,尚璇 正在爱奇艺,芒果TV热播  每周四至周日更新2集 Airing date : April 23 on Aiqiyi and MGTV Every Thursday to Sunday Update 2more episode each day • • • #天醒之路#陈飞宇#熊梓棋#程潇#邓恩熙#虞祎杰#尚璇#新电视剧2020#将夜#浪花一朵朵#爱情的开关#国民老公#陈飞宇秘果#程潇灵域

Archived