[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Legend of Awakening 天醒之路

tothestars

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, tothestars said:

His micro expression is the best!!!! I love him more than Fu Zi in Ever Night :P

Hahaha they're totally opposite! I find his character refreshing, not righteous & pragmatic, quite like Hong Qigong of LOCH. His penchant for money is a lot more sensible than typical shifus. Wuxia novels almost never mentioned how martial clans fund their operations, yet in dramas you see the masters & disciples in fancy uniforms & big houses LOL.

I just started this drama and at least so far, I am amused. I like that the show doesn't take itself too seriously, and that the Shifu is ultra materialistic.

Question to all - I don't like guessing - which is the main coupling in this show? I don't want to root for the wrong couple and be disappointed.

2 hours ago, caranita said:

Hahaha they're totally opposite! I find his character refreshing, not righteous & pragmatic, quite like Hong Qigong of LOCH. His penchant for money is a lot more sensible than typical shifus. Wuxia novels almost never mentioned how martial clans fund their operations, yet in dramas you see the masters & disciples in fancy uniforms & big houses LOL.

LOL that is universal question about martial clans funding! Some of them we know take fee from their students, like ZhaiFeng Institute, Ip Man, well maybe after few decades up to hundred years, they become mega company LOL. Since they always live in mountains so they just have to harvest and cook everything from mountain, and the students have to work for the school and do the chores, costless! 

24 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

I just started this drama and at least so far, I am amused. I like that the show doesn't take itself too seriously, and that the Shifu is ultra materialistic.

Question to all - I don't like guessing - which is the main coupling in this show? I don't want to root for the wrong couple and be disappointed.

3 Main couple: Lu Ping & Qin Sang, Mo Lin - Su Tang, Yan XiFan - Ling ZiYan.

10 minutes ago, tothestars said:

3 Main couple: Lu Ping & Qin Sang, Mo Lin - Su Tang, Yan XiFan - Ling ZiYan.

Looks like they are changing a lot from the original. How's the changes so far? I never read the original so I don't really care if they change stuff if they change it well. Do the stuff they change make sense or are they ridiculous??

5 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

Looks like they are changing a lot from the original. How's the changes so far? I never read the original so I don't really care if they change stuff if they change it well. Do the stuff they change make sense or are they ridiculous??

I havent full read the novel, just jumping between chapters, so cant really tell how much is the changes. I think the general plot is still the same, like going to force combat competition, luping vs gang shan hai, zhaifeng institute, bei dou, but since the ending is different, so they will have to adjust some here and there. 

Spoiler
2 hours ago, a_tumiwa said:

Xu Weifeng is son of military minister Xu Yanling, who is from Tan country.

did beidu institute not afraid of spy when accepting him as disciple?

Mostly all martial art school have rules that forbid their student interfere with politic, same well goes with Bei Dou. They accept students from all countries.

Lu Ping once said he rejected to cooperate with Qin Qi because of this reason.

But after he found out Yan XiFan was manipulated in Gang Shan Hai and he also out from Bei Dou because of his parents's case, so he can cooperate with Long Jie Army.

1. BTS Dylan Xiong, Wang JiaNing n Dang EnXi

#天醒之路 【花絮】熊梓淇玩自拍竟帮恩熙找到亲姐妹 https://v.douyin.com/KBKKEX/ 复制此链接,打开【抖音短视频】,直接观看视频!

20200503-215905.jpg

2. Clips MV

#天醒之路 #不同bgm打开路平 我们路平,可帅可甜可搞笑,锁魄一开,谁都不认 https://v.douyin.com/KS1Gsj/ 复制此链接,打开【抖音短视频】,直接观看视频!

20200503-220741.jpg

3. BTS Arthur n Cheng Xiao

#天醒之路 花絮大放送!#陈飞宇神秘手法,片场撕衣!引得#程潇满脸问号? https://v.douyin.com/KSRJ19/ 复制此链接,打开【抖音短视频】,直接观看视频!

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4500573576167433/4500935135396591

Screenshot-20200504-002838.jpg

4. BTS Lu Ping practice in lake in 0° C

#天醒之路 【花絮】飞宇湿身挑战0°C极寒——要解销魂锁魄也是不容易啊 https://v.douyin.com/KSPrmX/ 复制此链接,打开【抖音短视频】,直接观看视频!

Screenshot-20200504-011247.jpg

I've been looking at Weibo, and found this very good fan edit video. It's ultra sweet. Really hope they don't go and complicate the relationship between those two too much, but I have a feeling there will be so much misunderstandings they will end up fighting each other for majority of the show :sweatingbullets:: https://m.weibo.cn/status/4499387835845053

Just finished ep 20 (yeah, I took my time, LOL). Can someone enlighten me why the Horn is important to Lu Ping? (You may put the answer in spoiler tag)

ETA:

Scratch that, just got to ep 22 and the mystery of the Horn & Lu Ping's parentage are revealed. 

Just got to ep 22, and am very happy Lu Ping is finally reunited with Su Tang! 

I'm still rooting for Su Tang-Mo Lin, but I can see why she's attracted to Xu Weifeng & tbh I don't mind that either. Mo Lin should show some character growth to win her (and perhaps shippers') heart. On the other hand, apologies in advance, but I still can't get onboard of Lu Ping - Qin Sang though it's obvious they're canon. Thankfully the drama doesn't spend too many scenes on romances and ridiculous triangles. And although the show is about Lu Ping, but my Zhaifeng Squad should remain intact & united!

10 hours ago, arcchidus said:

I've been looking at Weibo, and found this very good fan edit video. It's ultra sweet. Really hope they don't go and complicate the relationship between those two too much, but I have a feeling there will be so much misunderstandings they will end up fighting each other for majority of the show :sweatingbullets:: https://m.weibo.cn/status/4499387835845053

Dont know really, i only have one wish, dont let anyone from zhaifeng institute die! Only bad guys can die. Plz give us happy ending...

2 hours ago, caranita said:

Just got to ep 22, and am very happy Lu Ping is finally reunited with Su Tang! 

I'm still rooting for Su Tang-Mo Lin, but I can see why she's attracted to Xu Weifeng & tbh I don't mind that either. Mo Lin should show some character growth to win her (and perhaps shippers') heart. On the other hand, apologies in advance, but I still can't get onboard of Lu Ping - Qin Sang though it's obvious they're canon. Thankfully the drama doesn't spend too many scenes on romances and ridiculous triangles. And although the show is about Lu Ping, but my Zhaifeng Squad should remain intact & united!

I am waiting for your comment for ep 23-24:joy:

Yeah i am happy for the std level of romance in this drama.

Do you ever think airing 8 eps in 4 days row per week is too fast? Mostly they aired for three days. I just dont want the drama ending too fast LOL.

after watch ep 23 and 24 :

Spoiler

re-talk about 7 Peak Masters of Big Dipper

senior Yan Qiuci said the attack of shanhai gang killed 3 masters, 1 gone missing 

what have been confirmed :

4th = Guo Yaodou 

6th = Liu Song, ex-lover of Chu Min (missing)

7th = Lyu (Lv) Chenfeng (deceased)

the other:

1st should be Leng Xiutan (5 souls, deceased)

2nd or 3rd or 5th = Shao Yinchu (5 souls, deceased) or Yan Qiuci (5 souls) or Guo Wushu or Chu Min or Li Yaotian (current leader)

so probably Guo Wushu and Li Yaotian were not peak master then , because Li Yaotian said that he took over the leadership after all peak masters left or killed.

3 hours ago, a_tumiwa said:

after watch ep 23 and 24 :

Hide contents

re-talk about 7 Peak Masters of Big Dipper

senior Yan Qiuci said the attack of shanhai gang killed 3 masters, 1 gone missing 

what have been confirmed :

4th = Guo Yaodou 

6th = Liu Song, ex-lover of Chu Min (missing)

7th = Lyu (Lv) Chenfeng (deceased)

the other:

1st should be Leng Xiutan (5 souls, deceased)

2nd or 3rd or 5th = Shao Yinchu (5 souls, deceased) or Yan Qiuci (5 souls) or Guo Wushu or Chu Min or Li Yaotian (current leader)

so probably Guo Wushu and Li Yaotian were not peak master then , because Li Yaotian said that he took over the leadership after all peak masters left or killed.

2nd is Yan Xin Fan’s father.

Archived