[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

Cant wait for this weekend Paris Fashion Week, there will be CFY and Elvis Han for Dior. 

Screenshot-20190117-022406-Weibo-Intl.jp

Here is the timestamp information for each brand. Dior will be on Sat, Jan 19, 2019.

https://fashion.sina.cn/2019-01-16/detail-ihqhqcis6208287.d.html?from=wap&wm=3049_0016&hd=2

Edited by epinklyn
Editing content, adding an image and link
  • Like 2

Official Dior Announcement for CFY and Elvis Han participation on Paris Fashion Week

7kmxv1f5eiq03naxuvxvmv65w.jpg

Screenshot-20190117-091300-Weibo-Intl.jp

Screenshot-20190117-091233-Weibo-Intl.jp

54 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I dont like the hairstyle from the stills, but it looked fine in the clips. I guess it's because long hair makes someone looked thinner. 

About the cat, I think it looked cute :P . How happy that cat was, after being treated like a royalty :D

I dont know really, but somehow sometimes CFY face become stiff n not natural like the hairstyle in EN. 

Yeah i want to be his cat, being hug, carry and combed everytime LOL

• Like 1

Me neither.  I don't like his hairstyle.  He is giving a very old adult look.  Maybe I have to watch a few episodes to get used to it.  I think there is no love-line for him in LOA. CMIIW. 

He is looking awesome in that white.  Isn't it the pic we saw in DIOR Japan shoot? Will wait for his and LHR's pics as well.  @epinklyn, thanks once again for all the updates.

He is looking like a small boy playing with the cat.:love:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Me neither.  I don't like his hairstyle.  He is giving a very old adult look.  Maybe I have to watch a few episodes to get used to it.  I think there is no love-line for him in LOA. CMIIW. 

He is looking awesome in that white.  Isn't it the pic we saw in DIOR Japan shoot? Will wait for his and LHR's pics as well.  @epinklyn, thanks once again for all the updates.

He is looking like a small boy playing with the cat.:love:

You are welcome @pad-hari, yes it is the same outfit in Dior for Summer Collection but not in Japan. Too bad this year LHR is not representing LV anymore, it was Kris Wu who will attend Paris Fashion Week :bawling:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I also read in twitter that it was Kris Wu for LV. Does that mean that LHR dont represent LV anymore , or is it he is just not coming?

Dont know about this though, i hope he still the brand ambassador for LV, also Kris Wu but not attend the Paris Fashion Week because of schedule conflict.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm new to this forum, though I'm a long time lurker here and in Ever Night forum. I'm practically inactive in Soompi - my last post was months ago. But I need to take this out of my system.

I don't know how many of you have heard of, or even follow the rumors regarding the story behind Arthur's not reprising his role in Ever Night. I read about it first on Douban (with Google translation - could be misleading and under a 600-post thread), it was also mentioned on AVV chatbox, and someone finally made a lengthy post on MyDramaList. Basically it goes like this: EN 2 was scheduled to start shooting in May 2018. Arthur was still supposed to take part in S2. Tencent became the majority investor but  delayed the instalment of the funding until closer to scheduled shooting time. By that time the production crew could not gear enough funding and had to delay shooting. It's suspected that Tencent then forced production crew to change the male lead to one of their proteges. (This later turns out to be Dylan Wang). 

TBH I was rather angry reading all those but decided to let it slide because, hey what can one do? Arthur himself and his family never said a word and his agency only stated "conflict of schedule". Then today someone on Twitter posted a link to a weibo post from last year  https://m.weibo.cn/status/4320630235087066 . The weibo poster was saying that the production crew (or someone in it) had been trying to throw Arthur under the bus by leaking that he'd be replaced even before EN started airing. Now, I can't recall the exact timeline, because I don't have a Weibo account and there's only so much you can get from a Douban discussion if you don't understand Mandarin. I had to rely on English sources (in my case, MDL). But what I just read on Twitter pretty much supports the information on MDL. The Twitter poster (NOT the weibo poster) also mentions that Angie Chai, the Meteor Garden producer, is very close to Tencent, and wonders if Tencent is the majority shareholder of Angie Chai's company. 

Now, I'm not saying it's Dylan's fault. While he is the new NQ, it could've been anyone else supported by Tencent. But it's disgusting how Arthur was pushed aside. Some people comment that with his family background it won't be easy to just kick Arthur like that. However people forget that no matter how big Chen Kaige's name or how influential he is, he won't stand a chance if he has to fight against Tencent, one of the largest corporations in the world. :(

Edited by caranita
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

@caranita, thank you for the post.  

Oh really, then how unfair is it for Arthur?  Why are they using under-handed methods?  Even though he is CK's son, he seem to be so humble.  Even in the recent award ceremony, he told in the winning speech that he want to be famous on his own means and not thru his father's.  How sweet of him!!!!! These influential people should be ashamed of themselves to compete with and bring down a teenage boy.  I am really sorry for him.  Indeed I had a doubt how come he did not accept for the season2 since it's just his second sequential project.  Now I understand what was happening behind the scenes.  But now that I have seen this news, I mY not be so cultivated in watching season2.  :tears:

• Like 2

It is a sad thing if it is true. But I think CFY will understand, he is come from Filming Business Family, so i'm pretty sure his dad will tell him about the dark side of entertainment business and how cruel they can be. When an opportunity come then make a fully of it, if not ours then just let it go, there are still plenty of doors will be opened for someone talented and mannered like CFY. It is a good thing that CFY has underwent this roadblock early on his career and proved that he is able to face it maturely, thx to his humble and wise family background. 

Actually i am still ok-but-not-okay with the replacement, but since i am so in love with the novel, and love the actors from S1, i planned to watch and support S2, but now hmm i dont know, well maybe i will just continue to finish the novel, let alone the S2, well of course until we have a confirmation about this matter.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, rhaps said:

and yes, he has the talent. From the clips that I've watched on the internet, his real personality is gentle, calm, and polite and seems sensitive. That is very different with Ning Que, so to be able to portray him that well in his first long drama, despite still lacking in some area, is already very good. I wish him the best, and not to be downhearted with this obstacle. He still has a long way to go and he should struggle more . 

Ah i think you are right, i really hoping he will always work hard, sharpen his skill, and try new character, but dont forget to school as well. Education is number one. I think one day Arthur can be someone like James McAvoy who can flawlessly act of 24 different characters in a go. 加油 Arthur!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, pad-hari said:

@caranita, thank you for the post.  

Oh really, then how unfair is it for Arthur?  Why are they using under-handed methods?  Even though he is CK's son, he seem to be so humble.  Even in the recent award ceremony, he told in the winning speech that he want to be famous on his own means and not thru his father's.  How sweet of him!!!!! These influential people should be ashamed of themselves to compete with and bring down a teenage boy.  I am really sorry for him.  Indeed I had a doubt how come he did not accept for the season2 since it's just his second sequential project.  Now I understand what was happening behind the scenes.  But now that I have seen this news, I mY not be so cultivated in watching season2.  :tears:

It's unfair to Arthur indeed and that's why it really annoyed me. Entertainment business in China is very shady, and I'm sure Arthur isn't the first nor the last victim of it. When he was casted in EN1, people accused that it was due to his father's influence. So was the fact that the production team could use the Chang An replica built by CKG, as well as some veterans agreeing to be in supporting roles. I guess those weren't enough to secure him the second season *sarcasm*. But yeah, such IS the entertainment business in China. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

@caranita, I've read that douban post that you mentioned since November (and now it already has 1000 posts). But, I have no way to proof it because there is no confirmation, nor denial, from both parties. Then, MDL posted the same thing. I just thought that I couldnt watch season 2 until this news was clear ( besides the fact that I was bothered by the replacement as well ) .

True that, there's no way to prove it because the involved parties kept silent until now. Wow, 1000 posts? No way I'd be able to read each following posts! :))). I wasn't planning to follow S2 either for the exact reason (cast replacement), though I enjoyed S1 very much regardless of its flaws. I used to have nothing against the production team, I think they made quite a commendable job, and I'll admit I'm having EN withdrawal. But with more news popping up here and there, my dislike to them started to grow. Let's just say I find Arthur and his family are taking the high road here. I never once heard Arthur saying anything bad about the EN crew and his co-stars there. 

• Like 3