[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

It is a sad thing if it is true. But I think CFY will understand, he is come from Filming Business Family, so i'm pretty sure his dad will tell him about the dark side of entertainment business and how cruel they can be. When an opportunity come then make a fully of it, if not ours then just let it go, there are still plenty of doors will be opened for someone talented and mannered like CFY. It is a good thing that CFY has underwent this roadblock early on his career and proved that he is able to face it maturely, thx to his humble and wise family background. 

I agree. I hope this makes him stronger (it does look like it!). Coming from a high profile family, I'm sure he's learned from a young age how cruel people in the business can be. I just couldn't help being angry reading about it again last night and needed to vent out :D. 

I second what most of you said above, I wish him all the best in his study -- education is important! He did say he wanted to be an actor, but seeing his interests in movie production, who knows, he might later prefer directing. But better invest in his education first, while his family now can afford some of the best options there. His brother is in an Ivy league college and I kind wish he'll follow that path. I always admire artists who are also highly educated, like Janine Chang and David Duchovny :)

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Like what @epinklyn said, if the role is not for him, then it's not for him. I hope that he just moves forward and doesnt look back.  Personally, I think EN is not everything. Popularity is also not everything, so it's better to gain it through respectable means. Dunno, from his interviews, writings, and his speech in that award event, he seems to be more mature than boys his age. I hope that he'll do well in the future.

Can't agree more @rhaps

It's infuriating reading all those EN1 stuff, but at the same time EN1 gave him experience and exposure. At least during the shooting time he seemed to be in good hands, I won't deny it. He'll use the lessons he got from it for his future references. 

I don't know if this has been posted here, but I found this interesting interview with Arthur, which shows his level of maturity. Of course non-Mandarin speakers like will need the help of Google translate :D .

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/m_RGHfeRVMZjYu4sK5R7nA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

From what I see in his writing in weibo and instagram, Chen Fei yu is a good kid that is raised well. 

We'll never know what really happen, it is what it is.... So all I can do is hope he'll be better and better in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caranita said:

Can't agree more @rhaps

It's infuriating reading all those EN1 stuff, but at the same time EN1 gave him experience and exposure. At least during the shooting time he seemed to be in good hands, I won't deny it. He'll use the lessons he got from it for his future references.

Actually i am starting to get curious about you and @rhaps talking the dark side of EN1, but i also dont want to ruin my impression of EN drama, although it should not affect too much into my feeling towards the drama directly, right. Those were in background, so we dont see them in the drama. Yeah let us move on, like @rhaps said EN is not everything, one thing for sure CFY successfully to make his Ning Que in EN very memorable for all viewers and become one of his signature work. Let us keep only that in mind and move on, since CFY also did that. He is a mature 18 years old boy, so we should be maturer than him right :tounge_xd:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Found video from a fan in weibo, in the event of Franic. Look at the signature motion of CFY :phew:

Credit FlyWithU0409 weibo

https://www.meipai.com/media/1067117516?uid=1627463476&client_id=1089857299&utm_source=meipai_share&utm_term=meipai_ios&utm_content=test&viewCount=1&shareCount=1

20190118-153703.jpg

Edited by epinklyn
Edit link video
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, rhaps said:

This is another quote that amazes me :

"People, the best way to grow is to be alone. Especially the loneliness of a stranger drifting, more inscriptions. But if you make good use of it, you will gain independence and self-improvement, and then enjoy the freedom of restraint. Such a rich spiritual world is fascinating, as Chen Feiyu pursues."

I needed many more years to think that way, but he already got it at the age of 18 :o

And, this :

"In addition to communication software, Chen Feiyu's popular mobile app is a map. Because he likes to set the destination and walk in the next step, just like taking a trip to the future one-way life train, the dream is the end, there will be various uncontrollable things in the middle, the only thing that can be mastered is the present. For this reason, Chen Feiyu is more valuable in irreversible seconds, and knows that it is worth to invest in self-improvement."

Wow ..:open_mouth:

Hmmmm I read it in LNMTL for chapters that havent been translated. For the translated one, hmmm...I think it's WebNovel. I forgot. I've closed the page but I havent bookmarked them *LOL* 

Yeah he is truly a sage like his character Ning Que. CFY cultivation state is Knowing-Destiny right? :kiss_wink: this is because he love to read books, not like me only read fictions, besides fictions, he also read more about pyschologies, life, and etc... Speechless :joy:

I like that in this thread we discuss about his work, his family, his wisdom and his activity, not talking how handsome he is, yeah we already know that, no need a further discussion.

Ah LNMTL, the yoda version hahahah, oh well that is the only complete version though. This Butterfly Blue novel is not detailed like Mao Ni's, so i am having difficulties to imagine those words.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Errr...I like reading psychology books when I was in high school . You know, the psychology for teenagers ..the ones about understanding yourself :P . But, I didnt watch old or art movies :D

Yup. With many females becoming heart-broken out there, is there still anything more to discuss? It's already clear enough *LOL*

I find it difficult to imagine everything that I read in lnmtl *LOL*. That's why I dont have any progress with my LoA reading :joy:

Ah i only read those psychology books called chicken soup for soul, not NQ chicken soup note for SS :joy:

Actually i read some parts of EN in LNMTL and still okay with them, just got dizzy for some or many words used. What I mean not in LNMTL, after read the decent translation of LoA novel in chinese wuxia, i find it harder to imagine than when i read EN novel. The detail described in EN really easier for me to imagine the scene, that i havent found in LoA. I need to re read couple times in LoA until i managed to understand it. Or maybe because i've seen the drama first before i read EN LOL #shamelessAdmit 

• LOL 1