[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

More new information about CKG's anthology movie, in which Arthur is POSSIBLY one of the actors (LOL). Again, thanks to Liu Haoran's fans! :lol:

Some interesting things:

- Movie will open exactly on 1 October 2019!

- The 7 directors involved were only asked (maybe "instructed" is a better term, lol) 3 months ago, so they likely picked actors with whom they're comfortable with, or have worked with. 

- There's no official announcement on individual segment yet. But it's speculated CKG's segment will cover the "2 Bombs, 1 Satellite" project. 

- Tentative title of CKG's segment: "Daytime Shooting Star"

- @epinklyn was partially right, Chen Hong is involved in the production, but as producer

- Possible cast, among others: LHR, CFY and actor/director Tian Zhuangzhuang

I don't even care people will throw nepotism accusations to Arthur and his dad. I'm excited because of the possibility of Arthur working with some of the best people in the industry, for a high profile and prestigious project. Sure, it will be a sort of propaganda movie, but there's hope that the top filmmakers will be able to present it beautifully. 

I'm now curious about the other two names that were mentioned alongside LHR and Arthur when this project was still a rumor, Sophie Zhang and Wen Qi. There's no report so far of their presence in Dunhuang, so maybe they will film the other segments?

• Thanks 2

On 4/1/2019 at 3:46 PM, caranita said:

Yesss... and finally he updates his IG and indicates his whereabout! What is even cooler -- Andy On likes the post! Since I also follow Andy's IG, so of course his name shows up LOL. I know Andy follows CFY's IG, but he rarely comments on or likes Arthur's recent posts. I often feel like CFY and his former co-stars from EN1 are distant in public after the announcement of his not joining EN2. I'm still not convinced that it was an amicable parting, because I don't recall CFY posting a message on his social media account addressing EN2, or maybe wishing Director Yang Yang or SYR all the best in filming (and vice versa -- can't remember if SYR ever commenting on Arthur's social media on the Legend of Awakening or My Best Summer). I read someone claimed that CFY informed SYR about taking the entrance tests to BFA, but that's about it. I do think that he perhaps still communicates with some of them privately (via WeChat or Line). So I'm glad to see Andy On's name on his IG post :) 

Yeah i also think that cfy still have nice relationships with other actors from EN 1, despite they are back or not to EN2, although i know cfy was not that close to everyone, maybe only with syr, Hu YuXuan (cpp) and Andy On. Dont know really. And i have the same thought with you, they communicate privately chat, not via Weibo or IG. Since cfy is a low key person and really not an active user of Weibo n IG. He is a passive one.

5 hours ago, caranita said:

More new information about CKG's anthology movie, in which Arthur is POSSIBLY one of the actors (LOL). Again, thanks to Liu Haoran's fans! :lol:

Some interesting things:

- Movie will open exactly on 1 October 2019!

- The 7 directors involved were only asked (maybe "instructed" is a better term, lol) 3 months ago, so they likely picked actors with whom they're comfortable with, or have worked with. 

- There's no official announcement on individual segment yet. But it's speculated CKG's segment will cover the "2 Bombs, 1 Satellite" project. 

- Tentative title of CKG's segment: "Daytime Shooting Star"

- @epinklyn was partially right, Chen Hong is involved in the production, but as producer

- Possible cast, among others: LHR, CFY and actor/director Tian Zhuangzhuang

I don't even care people will throw nepotism accusations to Arthur and his dad. I'm excited because of the possibility of Arthur working with some of the best people in the industry, for a high profile and prestigious project. Sure, it will be a sort of propaganda movie, but there's hope that the top filmmakers will be able to present it beautifully. 

I'm now curious about the other two names that were mentioned alongside LHR and Arthur when this project was still a rumor, Sophie Zhang and Wen Qi. There's no report so far of their presence in Dunhuang, so maybe they will film the other segments?

Hahahhaa really thank you so much to LHR fans!!! Really really appreciated the news! 

Yeahhh i agree with you, although the 7 directors were requested in a short listed time, but i believe they chose the actors because they have known about their abilities and fit with the story, not just because they are famous or available or even comfortable to work together with, the government wont let it happen, will they? Since this is a very important n like you said a prestigious project, so they wont blow this up. But i dont have high expectation or any expectation that i will like this movie LOL, since it is a propaganda movie, i only excited because it is a prestigious project for government and many high profile people in it, also we will be indulged with CKG's great cinematography and most important thing is WE HAVE LHR N CFY IN THE SAME SCREEN :love:.

• Like 3

Recent interview w/ CFY in SuperELLE (the gorgeous photos have been shared here before). Let me copy-pasted the Google translation here. (This translation is pretty good!)

Original source link (if you want to read the complete one): http://www.sohu.com/a/301559995_99985468

===================

SuperELLE:You once said in public that you want to surpass your father. This is quite a bit of a powder. What kind of mentality is it when you say that?

Chen Feiyu: (Laughs) At that time, my father was sitting under the stage. I just made a joke with him. Some interactions, the result was a mistake. In fact, everyone understands that it is indeed one of my ambitions from small to large.

SuperELLE: What kind of relationship do you think between father and son?

Chen Feiyu: Father and son are fathers and sons, nothing special. I think my father is a role model and I must learn more valuable things from my father.

SuperELLE: What points have you learned and benefited so far?

Chen Feiyu: Self-discipline, serious about his work and serious about his life.

SuperELLE: When "The Demon Cat Biography", you volunteered to be an assistant to your father. The father praised you "is not going to behave in front of people."

Chen Feiyu: Love performance is not my character, it does not mean that I am incapable of performance, but my personality is not the kind of person who wants to grab the first. This is part of our family education, and the character is cultivated by the influence of the growing environment. Just like sometimes acting, if it is a group play, the focus is not on you, I think there is no need to go to the show. Your character has its own separate parts, and you try to complete the expression of the character itself. In particular, some scripts are designed to require that you have to abandon some of your personal self, and you must do it, you must give up, including your own image.

SuperELLE: In the "Demon Cat" crew, what details are observed from your perspective?

Chen Feiyu: Being an actor is a very rigorous and difficult thing. There are a lot of excellent actors in the crew. They are very dedicated. Once they are in the crew, they can't see the usual shadows after they start acting. You see all of them.

SuperELLE: Going to Xinjiang to shoot "The Night", the first scene is to roll down from the sand dunes. The director Yang Yang seems to be very satisfied with your play. In addition to the performance, you are sure that you have demonstrated the toughness of the character.

Chen Feiyu: The setting of the drama is in a fantasy. I often describe that "I have eaten soil today, eat sand, and drink the wind." Working for 16 or seven hours a day is also a scene of hard work.

SuperELLE: When parents entered the crew, what concerns or confession did parents have?

Chen Feiyu: They are worried that I don't know, and generally don't say it. The trick is to get along well with the same group of actors, and be sure to be serious and rigorous about your work.

SuperELLE: It sounds like a cliché, it's really important.

Chen Feiyu: Yes, because my father is very serious about his work, whether it is a private job or a public recording, I think he treats it with great rigor.

SuperELLE: Before the "Wake Up the Road", I can tell you the most touching point from your point of view.

Chen Feiyu: There are also many young actors participating in this show. Everyone is not too old. Deng Enxi was 13 when he was shooting. People of this age group come together to have a different feeling, a little team battle color. If you have read the novels, friends will know that it is a place like the Wind Warrior. Four of us, Lu Ping, Yan Xifan, Su Tang, and Qin Sang have experienced all kinds of things together, and finally embarked on the road of “Wake up the sky”. s story. There are a lot of dramas, everyone is taking martial arts together, going through the customs, etc. This kind of cooperation is very interesting. There are quite a lot of memories, I like it very much.

SuperELLE: The movie "Best of Us" you starred in is about the little sweetness and instigation of the high school campus. If the heart is a taste, what do you think is the heart of Yu Huai?

Chen Feiyu: This kind of heartbeat happened after the characters with huge gaps in the two achievements of Yu and Yuhuai began to trust each other and grow together. Can not directly say that 'love', just a ignorant heart, no accurate adjectives. I have not experienced such a campus love, but I think that everyone has a girl they like during their school days. It is good to learn from this experience.

SuperELLE: Why do you like acting so much?

Chen Feiyu: I have grown up in a family of filmmakers. When I was a child, I was very curious about my parents’ work. Why do they want to work in this industry? Why are you so passionate about your career? Although I have not asked them why so far, I can understand them.

SuperELLE: How do you understand the profession of actors?

Chen Feiyu: This profession is not a sentence or two. I have been an actor for almost 3 years. My experience is to devote myself to the role. I must be serious about my work and be an professional actor. First, there must be dedication.

SuperELLE: What is your life plan for the future?

Chen Feiyu: I hope that I can do what I should do now. For example, the most recent thing is the art test, I hope I can test it. Because, in the next stage of my life, learning is very important. I hope to learn more knowledge, skills, and go long on the road of performance. This is my big wish. I also hope that life is not only in the crew, but also like Yu Huai, enjoying a colorful life on campus and having many good friends.

• Thanks 3

A video message for CFY's upcoming birthday, in various Chinese dialects!

On another news, CFY reportedly will take part in a variety show from Zhejiang TV, which is about celebrities helping architects and other experts building rural areas. IIRC, the show will feature Zheng Shuang and Deng Lun. CFY will be, I guess, a guest star (because the Google translation is "flight star" which doesn't make sense :D). When I find again the link to the article, I'll update this post :)

• Thanks 3

On 4/3/2019 at 12:51 AM, caranita said:

Recent interview w/ CFY in SuperELLE (the gorgeous photos have been shared here before). Let me copy-pasted the Google translation here. (This translation is pretty good!)

Original source link (if you want to read the complete one): http://www.sohu.com/a/301559995_99985468

Thank you so much for the article @caranita, never stop amazed for his wise answers! He really has artist blood! I wonder about the Bazaar content though.

On 4/5/2019 at 1:21 PM, caranita said:

On another news, CFY reportedly will take part in a variety show from Zhejiang TV, which is about celebrities helping architects and other experts building rural areas. IIRC, the show will feature Zheng Shuang and Deng Lun. CFY will be, I guess, a guest star (because the Google translation is "flight star" which doesn't make sense :D). When I find again the link to the article, I'll update this post :)

Ahh have been waiting so long after his last variety show last year! Oh well negative thing for having an actor as a fans, we seldom see him around everywhere, not like singer.

On 4/5/2019 at 1:21 PM, caranita said:

A video message for CFY's upcoming birthday, in various Chinese dialects!

Wow hahahahha the creator really made an effort for compiling that wishes! 

Anyway... I really want to see few BTS pics of Anthalogy movie :tears: well we gonna have those on his birthday next Tuesday! Maybe he will celebrate it in Dun Huang right, with his parents and fellow artists and production staffs!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, mei2018 said:

CFY ‘s birthday is 09/04 right? I wonder if he will still be filming on that day. 

May be he can celebrate with his parent on the set.

:blush:

Correct!! Yes i have been wondering too, whether they had back to Beijing to celebrate at home or they plan to celebrate his bday in set for the first time. There is no news about this, i think cfy fans also tends to keep secret like their idol :rolleyes:. There are a lot of weibo about cfy's bday, but mostly about they give donations on behalf of cfy, like for education, animal conservation, etc. I cant wait for next tuesday!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Correct!! Yes i have been wondering too, whether they had back to Beijing to celebrate at home or they plan to celebrate his bday in set for the first time. There is no news about this, i think cfy fans also tends to keep secret like their idol :rolleyes:. There are a lot of weibo about cfy's bday, but mostly about they give donations on behalf of cfy, like for education, animal conservation, etc. I cant wait for next tuesday!

I like that most of CFY's fans are doing charities in celebration of his birthday. I'm sure he'll appreciate it, and I hope his management/studio notices that and gives a shout out to them. Personally I think it's way better than the usual sending him gifts etc. On the other hand, I do find it a little peculiar that his PR agency or fans club (I'm sure he has one) doesn't arrange anything at all. Last year there was the diary and the Dior video (in which he looks oh so dashing in tuxedo). But who knows, maybe like you said they're keeping it secret until the D-day. I also wish there'd be a BTS of a birthday celebration on location in the desert LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, caranita said:

I like that most of CFY's fans are doing charities in celebration of his birthday. I'm sure he'll appreciate it, and I hope his management/studio notices that and gives a shout out to them. Personally I think it's way better than the usual sending him gifts etc. On the other hand, I do find it a little peculiar that his PR agency or fans club (I'm sure he has one) doesn't arrange anything at all. Last year there was the diary and the Dior video (in which he looks oh so dashing in tuxedo). But who knows, maybe like you said they're keeping it secret until the D-day. I also wish there'd be a BTS of a birthday celebration on location in the desert LOL. 

Yes yes i agree, charities is more more valuable and very useful than giving gifts for him. Dont know about last two years birthday, is there any arrangement like party with fans. Oh well i will accept anything as long we have news about him LOL, tomorrow cant wait cant wait, but what i really really want is like you said, bts of birthday celebration, simple one maybe, in location set with production staff and the casts ofcourse with LHR included!!!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Oh well i will accept anything as long we have news about him LOL,

LOL, so true! I usually Google his name (in Mandarin characters) to find any news. It's very rare these days. I dunno about in Weibo though. Has any of you try searching with Baidu?

PS. I second you, look forward to any BTS with LHR, lol. Let's see if his fans will share any pictures tomorrow :tounge_wink:.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, caranita said:

LOL, so true! I usually Google his name (in Mandarin characters) to find any news. It's very rare these days. I dunno about in Weibo though. Has any of you try searching with Baidu?

PS. I second you, look forward to any BTS with LHR, lol. Let's see if his fans will share any pictures tomorrow :tounge_wink:.

I have Baidu app, but none updated news of cfy recently, currently my most updated news about him is from weibo and twitter. 

Yes i really wish that LHR fans will help sharing pictures and news LOL, that is why we need LHR in the party :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I have Baidu app, but none updated news of cfy recently, currently my most updated news about him is from weibo and twitter. 

Yes i really wish that LHR fans will help sharing pictures and news LOL, that is why we need LHR in the party :P

Well! Because we are fans of introvert, low key, guy, so we have to rely on other fandoms. LOL

I also suspect that his fans including us have tendency of valuing privacy, so we end up have no news.:D

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, mei2018 said:

Well! Because we are fans of introvert, low key, guy, so we have to rely on other fandoms. LOL

I also suspect that his fans including us have tendency of valuing privacy, so we end up have no news.:D

LOL, exactly, our idol is too low key :persevere: . But i think LHR fans is quite moderate in stalking LHR, or they have one person insider like LHR's manager or assistant, since sometimes they have quite accurate news but not that often like Cheng Xiao or Dylan Wang.

• LOL 3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARTHUR CHEN FEI YU :heart:

We always wishing you all the best! Keep low key, stay humble, always study and hard work, stay health and keep being a good kid to your parents, we will always support you! 

Credit as tagged.

19th Bday Fan-made

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4358954289950757/4358956790848297

26f77t3q9be6v41ochiegrcux.jpg

4drpkze6yqqnm599bego68yn3.jpg

5tzrvlmd4cvklog86t8sxjiwl.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot-20190408-233216-Weibo-Intl.jp

Screenshot-20190408-233605-Weibo-Intl.jp

• Love 3

Happy Birthday Chen Fei Yu! Wish you happiness and success in everything you do. I believe you can be a great actor because you works hard for it. 

I admire you and will always support you. ^^

Enjoy you day with your parent and friends!

• Love 4