[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, mochi_tea_stv said:

OMG I'm so confused reading these recaps. Does Dom likes VP version or real her? LOL I feel like the kiss was so wrong - like GH's basically catfishing?

How I see it is that he actually likes Gal Hee but he thinks he likes VP.  The Gal Hee version of VP is still very much Gal Hee ( except for that put on high pitch voice )- she was kind & caring the way Gal Hee is .

She’s in love with him that’s why she went in for the kiss . In her mind Min Ik only sees her as nothing more than his secretary, which means there’s no chance he’d ever fall for her ( or so she thinks ) ...so to me this kiss is similar to how she’s responding to her own feelings & seizing the moment-  the same way she wanted to try that delicious expensive meal the very first time she pretended to be VP. Of course there’s deception there but it is not because she wants to lie to him but because she really likes him 

———

i can’t wait for next week 

Wahh SBS gave us a real good kiss !!! 

Longer version on iG 

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, mochi_tea_stv said:

OMG I'm so confused reading these recaps. Does Dom likes VP version or real her? LOL I feel like the kiss was so wrong - like GH's basically catfishing?

He will be one confused guy in this story, because he feels conflicted why he likes two different women, not knowing it's actually the same person. That's the main story of the drama, which is why I doubt that he would find out about the secret so soon...

16 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Lol are we all going to be sad that he kissed fake V first?

Well, technically, she is the one who kissed him. I wouldn't be surprised if in next episode, we learn that the reason he hesitated going for the kiss is because he was thinking about his secretary... which is why he thinks he should end it with VP, and got all sulky.... I mean, if he enjoyed the kiss, why would he be sulking?

GUYS. The reason he was hesitating before kissing her was because he didn't know where her lips were. He can't see her face. That's why it was sweet because she was helping him :wub: (and of course also because she wanted to)

14 minutes ago, triplem said:

How I see it is that he actually likes Gal Hee but he thinks he likes VP.  The Gal Hee version of VP is still very much Gal Hee ( except for that put on high pitch voice )- she was kind & caring the way Gal Hee is .

She’s in love with him that’s why she went in for the kiss . In her mind Min Ik only sees her as nothing more than his secretary, which means there’s no chance he’d ever fall for her ( or so she thinks ) ...so to me this kiss is similar to how she’s responding to her own feelings & seizing the moment-  the same way she wanted to try that delicious expensive meal the very first time she pretended to be VP. Of course there’s deception there but it is not because she wants to lie to him but because she really likes him 

I understand. Maybe it's just me but I find it a bit unsettling about this whole pretending part, with GH not knowing that he actually likes her real self. She doesn't know whether he consents to be kissed by real her, that's all. I haven't watched the actual episode so I can't conclude anything haha. This drama is so much more confusing that I expected :grimace:

13 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

He will be one confused guy in this story, because he feels conflicted why he likes two different women, not knowing it's actually the same person. That's the main story of the drama, which is why I doubt that he would find out about the secret so soon...

I'm wondering how he will find out haha. I imagine sth finally clicked and to confirm he called out fake VP as "Secretary Jung" and GH answers "YES??" by instinct /oops

6 minutes ago, blademan said:

GUYS. The reason he was hesitating before kissing her was because he didn't know where her lips were. He can't see her face. That's why it was sweet because she was helping him :wub: (and of course also because she wanted to)

Many people kiss with their eyes closed. You kinda can gauge where the lips are when you're holding the face with both hands.... :D:P

I told myself I would go to bed early tonight, but because of the kiss, I can't sleep now... :lol:

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Many people kiss with their eyes closed. You kinda can gauge where the lips are when you're holding the face with both hands.... :D:P

LOL that's true. Idk mate that's just based on what I heard her say. 

Thank you recappers! Can't wait to watch.

I'm glad they (dom and fakeVP) had that kiss. The faster they kiss, the faster they break up... new theory is that he will figure out he likes GH and then break up with fakeVP which will break GH heart and then we have stumbling blocks for our leads to actually get together... So *real* kiss won't happen until episode 10 (me thinks), which will give us enough time for them to have 2 cute episodes, 2 angsty episodes, and 2 cute episodes (so fairly standard set up!).

Gah! I love these two... I could pretty much forgive any plot just to have their cuteness continue forever.

14 minutes ago, blademan said:

I'm with this :rolleyes:

Lol! I keep rewatching the kiss scene . It was good . It was not the usual dead fish or surprised first kiss , no awkward pauses . KYK & JKJ have got good rhythm as I don’t see weird edits / cuts  ...they really went for it :love:

..why am I even analysing this scene ! ? 

KYK made my day he posted this . He’s happily poking fun at himself :joy:

PREVIEW :love:

More GH and Dom scenes - she's trying to cheer him up after VP-GH broke up with him. We also have the flower and sleepover scene in the next episode YES!

And DJ asked Dom to find someone for GH and he said NO :joy: jealous...?

And THE KISS :heart:

28 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

which is why he thinks he should end it with VP,

I have to correct myself on this. Upon listening again on the preview, he was telling GH that he ended it already with VP. That is why he was sulking and GH trying to cheer him up. So yeah, my theory on him thinking about GH while kissing GHVP is cancelled, okay....

3 minutes ago, triplem said:

Lol! I keep rewatching the kiss scene .

Me too... me too..... :D

Thank you @turtlegirl and @ktcjdrama for the recap, much appreciated!

22 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I have to correct myself on this. Upon listening again on the preview, he was telling GH that he ended it already with VP. That is why he was sulking and GH trying to cheer him up. So yeah, my theory on him thinking about GH while kissing GHVP is cancelled, okay....

Me too... me too..... :D

I'm somewhat with you in your first theory, actually. Maybe he felt a bit of guilt after kissing VP because he is confused about his feelings. He doesn't want to fully commit to fake VP if he's thinking about two women. 

If I read the recap correctly, DJ is already aware of Gal Hee's secret life (but not just the reason behind it). If that's the case, I am relieved that there's another person Gal Hee can trust. DJ is definitely #TeamGalik

Yeah....that was a good kiss....real good....

I'm glad to know he was jealous at the bathhouse about GH being with another guy. I didn't pick up on it w/out subs. 

I think he's going to break up with fake V because of his feelings for GH. 

But we know fake V comes back in the picture because there is a still cut of her with real V wearing the same outfit. I think this photo will be tied to the big reveal somehow. And it will happen publicly. Not looking forward to angst. 

I wish instead Dom would realize the truth and play along to tease her and it be all cutesy and lovey, but we know that's not how these things ever go. 

Anyways I will enjoy the hot kiss for now and look forward to next week's sleepover! But gosh waiting a whole week is going to be so hard!!

BTW, I'm sitting here at work and I have Simon, Simon Dominic, Simon D-o-m-i-n-i-c o o o o  o o o stuck in my head! :joy:

1 hour ago, blademan said:

:PBecause I've been rewatching the kiss for so many times, I think you could be right about his hesitation... what she whispered to him could be her guiding him to go lower, and lower... but she got impatient, so she herself went in for the kiss instead... Faster, and before she changed her mind, lol....

Back to rewatching :lol:

Okay this is what I've understand on the raw but first lemme talk about the kiss. It was bittersweet, DMN told her the truth that he couldn't see her face so he asked if he can kiss her because he wants to be able to kiss the person he ever likes because he thinks he may not be able to love anyone because of his disease. VPGH of course didn't gave her permission first but for GH also, it would be like her only way to kiss the person she likes so its like the permission she gave him was also for her because this may be the last time. 

DMN hesitates to kiss her because he can't see her face and so where her lips is and so GH told him to move closer like directing where her lips is then decided to initiate it. It was romantic in a sense but really it is sad, why can't they just kiss as DMN and GH!!!!

About the preview...GH seemed to be cheering up DMN because of the recent break up and it seems like she told him that she likes him (but he may interpreted it as like not love?) but he is giving her flowers so maybe GH really did confess. Then DMN might be thinking that he could forget VPGH if he try courting or falling in love with GH (but dude, you're already in love with her!!!). If it is really what will happen, it will make their relationship more complicated- GH will get hurt more because deep inside her heart she thinks that it will never be the real her who DMN love. 

As for my favorite scene. I don't really understand what they were saying when GH was seating inside a coffee shop (i think) and DMN entered the shop after taking the call from his doctor. But I kinda get the gist of what their narrations is...It was like they were inside a dream wherein they could spend that day or amount of time together like lovers then after the clock strikes 12, the magic will go away. They won't be seeing each other again and be like a total stranger, in DMN's part he does not know what she looks like and for GH this is the end of pretense. And so the two decided to just go with the flow, be in their own fairy tale before the magic ends.:tears:

P.S. Thanks for our recappers. Again, you guys are the best!

so he kissed fake veronica park?... now, all he has to do is kiss gal hee and he will be like "wait a minute, why do those lips and kiss feel familiar? omo, I have been betrayed! I have been cheated!" cue angst and lots of crying. we can title it "the kiss betrayal" :tounge_wink:

As a drama watcher, I hate misunderstandings, especially the ones that linger. As a writer, I get that it can be a great tool to keep and move a plot along, however, I really wish that GH had told DMI the truth. Even if he didn't believe her, if she told him, it would be less angst and she could stop this ridiculous charade. The fact is, as interesting as VP is, she and DMI are not compatible. DMI is looking for real love, preferrably with someone who is loyal and as into him and he is with them. That is not VP. 

She fell head over heels for DJ because he isn't interested in her. That lack of interest. That laissez-faire attitude of his is somehow driving her crazy in a romantic way. DMI is the complete opposite. He shows his interest and isn't afraid to be vulnerable and say when he needs someone. So, NO. He is not in love with the real VP. Even when he spoke in front of the shareholders and could see for a minute. He took one look at VP and was look who is that and moved his attention back to GH. There was no love at first sight or anything like that. His reasons for liking the fake VP aren't based on anything physical or even the fact that she is a CEO. He likes the personality and the kindness fake VP/GH has shown. Where things have gotten muddled is how familiar GH is now that he has recognized interest in the fake VP. He can't help but notice the similarities, then when he saw her face, he leaned on his illness instead of realizing that it was actually GH pretending to be VP  because he couldn't imagine that GH would like him after everything he has put her through.

Twice, Dr. Gu has asked him about liking GH and both times, he has panicked and his blood pressure has risen. DMI knows that there is something there, but in typical k-drama fashion, he hasn't connected the dots and realized that he is in love with her. I think the separation isn't going to come from him finding out she is a fake VP, but rather his uncle finding out that he has a new health issue. When he had the whole compression stocking incident with the cleaning lady, he specifically asked GH to fetch his suit, which she did. However, it was already too late and the uncle had already seen what he left in his pocket. I can see DMI jumping the gun and assuming that GH gave that form to the uncle like his former secretary did. So, let's brace ourselves. 

Archived