Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

3 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

so was the case with come hug me..

looks like she is naturally lovely and easy for men to be happy around her.. as a result they engage more than usual

I noticed too!! JKY and Hongbin (from Wednesday 3.30) also reaaaaally liked to tease her even tho she's a noona to them ;;; She has this natural cuteness that they all can't ignore and want to be close smhhh. KYK though, he's naturally dorky and friendly to everyone but his body language towards her is as if he's too smitten and he can't keep his eyes off her. Tho in the interview they called themselves siblings/brothers as an explanation to their closeness LOL

• Like 7

thanks @sn2111a :relaxed: ~ was hoping that am not boring people when everyone is enjoying the fluff. hahahha...

1 hour ago, sn2111a said:

@Lmangla really like your insights!! I think you are able to extract the merits of this romcom concisely. Tho it really has cliched tropes but the PD and writer are able to show uniqueness and wisdom behind this drama. I'm glad they also showed the medical perspectives and explanation behind his face blindness so it doesn't make too much logical flaw. Also, everyone previously was puzzled why Min Ik became such an idiot not to recognise his secretary's voice, they were able to show that he did recognise her voice after all (but couldn't make the conclusion) when he confessed to Dae Ju - I'm just glad they didn't leave that fact hanging and addressed it. Partly because of his face blindness, his EQ did decrease a little since it badly affected his usual interactions with people, poor boy!! 

It's so much more refreshing than the face blindness in Beauty Inside and Rich Man Poor Woman!! Maybe because we got to see his whole journey becoming handicapped too?

haven't seen beauty inside but in rich man poor woman, the condition was almost like a plot detail that was forgotten after a while. here, we see a condition not only from start but also how it impacts small details of every day life that we don't think about -- like the aspect of getting lunch in a crowded room. as for the voice recognition, it is also about how he is doubting himself and his abilities as his strengths of reading people have disappeared. he correctly assessed the driver was attacking him in the dark room at ep 4 but because gal hee said that he was mistaken, then he assumes that it was his mistake. so he needs to get to a position where he can trust his judgement and recognize his other sense. that takes time.

so in this documentary series I watched (which I shared in above post about face blindness, it was about development of brain and different senses -- fascinating stuff), one thing they showed is how we rely heavily on some senses like sight but then when it it is lost like in a stroke or accident, the person has to learn to trust the other senses like smell and voice to recognize the person. that takes time and there is actually a biological and chemical brain process involved -- so the brain has to stop using that part of the brain for sight and rely on the areas where smell and hearing is involved. so the brain has to kind of re-wire itself. but once that happens, the person is able to easily identify someone by their walk or other movements even if they can't physically see them. so min ik does need time -- to accept his condition, for his body to re-wire itself and then, for his survival instincts to kick in and to trust himself.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 9

To everyone here, hello! 

I am totally in love with this drama. Didn't expect it at all. All i know, i am all smiling watching them, then, i am browsing twitter, ig, and soompi all day long for them. I hope this drama will continue to deliver until the end of its episodes. 

I have seen some stills for future episodes in twitter taken from naver. Looks like GH will impersonate Victoria Park again and meet DMI. While Min Ik will be confused with his own feelings. My heart hurts watching the stills. GH should just confessed to MI. 

@Lmangla thank you for your informative sharings. Love reading them while waiting for new episodes. 

• Like 6
  • Love 5

27 minutes ago, Forsythia said:

To everyone here, hello!

Hello!! Welcome to the thread!! :)

@Lmangla I am interested to see the documentary as well, if you still remember what channel broadcasting it... It sounds like a well-made documentary. Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned about possibility of having a drama that is the opposite - having a lead with super strong memory of faces, and maybe use it to solve crime or stuff like that. Let's hope we see it happening one day.

Why is Monday still so far away....? :P

• Like 4
  • Love 5

38 minutes ago, Forsythia said:

have seen some stills for future episodes in twitter taken from naver. Looks like GH will impersonate Victoria Park again and meet DMI. While Min Ik will be confused with his own feelings. My heart hurts watching the stills. GH should just confessed to MI. 

Hellooo .., welcome . Ooo are you talking about this one ? I read it and wanted to see what everyone here thought about this - he thinks he’s in love with 2 women...   ahhh if only I can tell him - it’s the same girl ! ^_^

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hello!! Welcome to the thread!! :)

@Lmangla I am interested to see the documentary as well, if you still remember what channel broadcasting it... It sounds like a well-made documentary. Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned about possibility of having a drama that is the opposite - having a lead with super strong memory of faces, and maybe use it to solve crime or stuff like that. Let's hope we see it happening one day.

Why is Monday still so far away....? :P

@ktcjdrama ~ wish I could remember the name but am not able to place it as I watch a lot of documentaries besides dramas. the series was about neuroscience but many documentaries on that topic cover these kind of facts. national geographic channel series called "brain games" shows this kind of info in a fun way.

so after racking my brain, my guess is that it is most likely the series called "the secret life of brain" which had five parts and covered brain development in baby, child, teenager, adult and old age.

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

@triplem

oh yes, that's the tweet.

From that words, it means he realises that he likes Secretary Jung. Tbh, i prefer watching him with Secretary Jung than Victoria Park-Gal Hee. So, i am always hoping that he will stays with secretary jung only rather than running towards VP-GH eventhough both of them are same woman. This weird love triangle makes me a weird person:sweatingbullets:

• LOL 8

@triplem 

i think his heart and body knows how to identify the woman he loves:wub: !!! (even if he thinks they're two different person) 

It's like having an ideal or a charm in a person that will attract you, and when you meet such a person you will have the tendency to like them... but you might not like them for them but only like them for the idea of their charms.

Just like in ep 12 where he said he hated GH, not because he really hated GH but only because he hated his previous secretary. 

He's attracted to Avataronica bc she has the attributes that he likes in Secretary Jung.  Luckily for him, he actually likes One (1) person so eventually, that saves a lot of unnecessary angst for GH and him. Though, in a viewer's POV its quite funny and cute that the love triangle has no true rival hehehe... 

But I know GH doesn't know all of this, so she gets jealous because she thinks he likes "VP" for the looks, influence family and wealth.

An office date..!!! I wonder if bringing Avataronica to the office will open a can of worms...? Since the office is like the place for indirect battles from their enemies, will someone spy on them and realise that the woman is his own secretary? And how conflicted will he be? lol

@Forsythia Me too!! They're cuter, more dorky and natural together plus they deeply care for each other even when they don't really have to do it.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

@ktcjdrama ~ not sure if the doc I posted earlier was the right one.. anyway, did manage to find this really short clip (about 2.5 mins) about the still face experiment. it shows how babies read faces and how important that is to them for communication. so it gives us a clue to how devastating it can be for min ik as an adult to not be able to read emotions...

Spoiler

so while looking for the specific clip, found some interesting stuff! apparently face blindness isn't that rare.. well maybe min ik's condition of not seeing anything at all is very severe.. but doctors think it might be one in 50 but many don't know they have some version of face blindness!!! so it can either be genetic, progressive or after a brain injury like with min ik.

it is quite fascinating to hear some of their stories and experiences in these two clips (it is short, one is about 5 minutes and the other is about 15 minutes) about people living with face blindness. a comment from a viewer on one of the clips: " Well done. I also have prosopagnosia, as do my sister and my father. Watching movies is very difficult because it is hard to know if a character has changed clothes or if it's a different person. It affects my life so much."...... watching these clips and that viewer comment helps me to see how this weird triangle with min ik, veronica park and gal hee is possible...

Spoiler

• Insightful 7

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

thanks @sn2111a :relaxed: ~ was hoping that am not boring people when everyone is enjoying the fluff. hahahha...

haven't seen beauty inside but in rich man poor woman, the condition was almost like a plot detail that was forgotten after a while. here, we see a condition not only from start but also how it impacts small details of every day life that we don't think about -- like the aspect of getting lunch in a crowded room. as for the voice recognition, it is also about how he is doubting himself and his abilities as his strengths of reading people have disappeared. he correctly assessed the driver was attacking him in the dark room at ep 4 but because gal hee said that he was mistaken, then he assumes that it was his mistake. so he needs to get to a position where he can trust his judgement and recognize his other sense. that takes time.

so in this documentary series I watched (which I shared in above post about face blindness, it was about development of brain and different senses -- fascinating stuff), one thing they showed is how we rely heavily on some senses like sight but then when it it is lost like in a stroke or accident, the person has to learn to trust the other senses like smell and voice to recognize the person. that takes time and there is actually a biological and chemical brain process involved -- so the brain has to stop using that part of the brain for sight and rely on the areas where smell and hearing is involved. so the brain has to kind of re-wire itself. but once that happens, the person is able to easily identify someone by their walk or other movements even if they can't physically see them. so min ik does need time -- to accept his condition, for his body to re-wire itself and then, for his survival instincts to kick in and to trust himself.

The thing about voice recongition is.. do you guys really never feel you are hearing "someone" but that similar voice actually belongs to "someone else".

happens often

so unreliable

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Your are not , speaking from someone that enjoy her fluffy moment :joy:

@triplem this girl is crazy 

BDAA5703-902D-416E-9BD2-40B495A6BCFD.gif

After she scare him  :mrgreen:

She suddenly turn all shy & red :joy:

15586091811558609166.gif

Spoiler

D07B3B6A-105B-4E5A-9D26-18E6D4C712BA.gif

CBD00FF0-4E7E-448C-BDC2-E34AB135DD61.gif

Spoiler

87D8012D-965D-4461-A449-7C4B16AE9E43.gif

:mrgreen: - @Sarang21 

• LOL 10

3 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

The thing about voice recongition is.. do you guys really never feel you are hearing "someone" but that similar voice actually belongs to "someone else".

happens often

so unreliable

Yesssss, in my family my brothers sound similar to my dad's likewise my sister sounds like my mum and i used to get so confused on who's at home and talking lol. It takes time for your brain to discover and rewire the slight differences

D7I1fIBU0AANiQR?format=jpg&name=medium Creds: Twitter

I have a feeling that the first sentence is foreshadowing the future angst fest. but huehue her presence is paradise to him <3

@Ameera Ali It's reaaaallly super cute and innocent that he's imagining her as her usual fussy talkative "naggy" self and how she's seen as bright and positive to him. ITS SO WHOLESOME FOR EVERYONE'S MENTAL STATE <3 Anyway to add up to the wholesomeness, I really liked that Daeju and him share videos of puppies as a reward LOL When do we see usual 34 year old men, directors in a large corporation like this ever in this current toxic human era?? 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

tumblr_prxii4D4tI1r3hugwo5_400.gif

someone can't resist somebody's cuteness :D :wub:

tumblr_prxii4D4tI1r3hugwo6_400.gif

Is he cutely having a second hand embarrassment or just being a dork admiring her??

tenor.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

LOL :lol::lol:@triplem ~ this armpit skinship in ep 5 had me laughing out loud that I had no idea what he was saying. first reaction "thats gross! did some cologne/deodorant company pay for PPL? we protect you from armpit sweat and so you can warm your girlfriend's hands during cold times?" :lol::lol:

but just as an aside, yes, armpits is supposed to be warmer than the rest of the body and so in freezing cold temperatures, one way of warming your hands is by putting it under your armpit as a way of warding off hypothermia/frost bite. (saw it in some english movie which I can't remember but there was LOTS of snow, up to hips and it was life & death situation where they were like literally almost dying from the cold. it wasn't some happy moment but more like sad where you are sure one of the group will die...) 

but here, it wasn't even that cold for hypothermia or frost bite or snow and why is there happy music? more importantly, what was min ik thinking? so gross! :sweatingbullets:

total skinship fail! :tounge_xd:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

3 hours ago, sn2111a said:

I have a feeling that the first sentence is foreshadowing the future angst fest. but huehue her presence is paradise to him <3

Kinda interesting that JKJ is paradise (Nak Won) again.  :)

Spoiler

Okay, I admit it:  I am NOT over Come and Hug Me.  And I probably never will be.  Nak Won and Na Moo were completely real to me.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

random thought on ep 5 _ so why do female leads in dramaland never dress appropriate for the weather? Surely their expensive phone has weather app? Why not pack a light shawl/stole/sweater/jacket in a handbag? Hahaha ....

and dae joo must have a core temperature lower than gal hee as he is forever wearing sweatshirt plus overcoat? Why so cold? Will the glacier melt if veronica park also offers her armpits to warm his hands? :tounge_xd:

• LOL 7

Posted (edited)

@Lmangla I honestly will not put my hands under anyone’s armpit . The person’s BO is likely to overpower any romantic feelings this is suppose to ignite :joy: Maybe in the dead of winter & he’s Kim Young Kwang....

@thistle dear , Jang Ki Young heard you .. sent a food truck to support JKJ :D 

OST 6

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1