[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I adore this drama so much. The plot is thread bare and full of tropes but I don’t care. The leads are tooooo cute and I adore the real Veronica Park. I am so invested in Gal Her and Min Ki’s happiness both together and apart. Something about the drama is addictive (it’s so an easy watch) and I anticipate each episode. 

I’m so excited for tonight & enjoyed reading everyone’s comments here !  :heart:

BTS ...the OTP is  really having a lot of fun doing this which translates to some nice onscreen chemistry. I loved it when he fixed her hair !  But SBS should give us the armpit warmer scene :D

hopefully @ktcjdrama is able to live cap 

edit to add : SBS giving us some fan service. He looks great suited up 

Dominique is driving back alone, talking to himself, probably worried about GH. Why he leave her? I know she was insistent, but stilll

GH is sitting on the beach, it's real pretty. Her mom's apparition shows up and sits next to her and comforts her. She's telling her mom about Dominique and her fake Veronica. Think she's sad cause she thinking Dominique likes Veronica even though it's herself playing Veronica. Oh Gal Hee what are we gonna do with you. No crying girl. 

Starting...

Dom drove home by himself, but he is pouting and saying why not go back together, that would be better. GH seated by the beach, talking to her mom. Her mom appeared and talked to her. She apologize for making her mom worry even though she is dead. GH told her mom actually she likes it a lot, and she remembered the times with Dom as VP. She confessed to her mom that it's not JGH though, it's the daughter of Park. Mom told her to go home. GH continue sitting by the beach.

At police station, DJ is being questioned by the police, and they're asking about the statement by Sec.Lee. They showed him CCTV with Sec.Lee walking by an alley. DJ started to give his statement, that he got the call, and quickly got a cab. Police is doubting him and DJ suggested to ask the cab driver. Then he left. As he was leaving the station, he got a call, which he didn't want to pick up, looking annoyed.

DJ is meeting at the police station with the detectives. They have some cctv of his secretary in a dark alleyway. Now a flash back of him calling someone (his secretary?) and hearing some strange noise in the background and taking a taxi somewhere. Sorry I really don't know. But the detectives let him go. They don't seem to trust him whatever it is. 

GH I guess is staying at some crappy hotel room. Dominique why you not go back for her. She sits down on the floor and pulls out the new contract he gave her. She's tracing her fingers over it and thinking about it. Meanwhile Dominique is pulling up to meet Veronica. Okay maybe that wasn't a crappy hotel room but instead her room and she made it back from the beach. Sorry I am not sure. 

But anyways it's the next morning and she's arriving to work late. Things are awkward between her and Dominique when she walks into the office. 

Looks like he went to meet Veronica...met his mother and her mother first...then went to a bar to meet Veronica but she wasn't there? Not sure. He's telling GH about it. Even though he apparently didn't meet Veronica, GH is still in meltdown stressed out mode over it. 

Dominique goes to see his doctor. I think he's all excited about having seen the faces briefly. Yeah he is telling the doctor about it. Wait he's also talking to doctor about seeing GH when he held her face in his hands and was "dreaming". Omo I think the doctor said it's cause you're in love with her. Cause I heard the word for love and he reacted all shockingly. Lol. Yes Dominique you ARe in love just accept it :P

Doctor gives him a bag of things. Looks like a blood pressure or heart rate measurer. I missed what the other things were. He briefly thought about fake Veronica helping him with indigestion. 

GH checked into a simple room. She took out the contract and looked at it again, then thought about whether Dom has met VP or not.

Morning time, GH woke up and surprised that no call from Dom. She saw the time and panicked to rush home.

She arrived at the office, sneaking in, while the other three secretaries welcoming her from behind the glass partition without her noticing. They wondered about something. GH went into Dom's office, and Dom was standing right there looking rather upset. Do you have something to say? Yes, I don't even know where to start asking you. Turned out that when he arrived, VP already left, leaving only the mothers. Then he got a call, and went to a club, a lady was there with same clothes as VP, but it turned out to be someone from the hospital with his doctor. GH shocked... why? Dom said some stuff, and then left. GH wondered anxiously whether or not he actually met VP....

Dom went to the hospital and into doc's room. He's got something ready for him in a black plastic bag. Dom proudly told the doc that he saw the faces of the people even for a while. Then he told him also about the time when he held GH's face, of course Doc don't really know what he's talking about, but Dom said it's a woman. Doc excitedly told him that it's a woman he loves. Dom quickly dismissed the idea, and claimed it's a dream. He looked into the bag and there are all sorts of things in there except for the medication that he expected. There is a compression stocking. Then Doc also gave him some kind of device to measure his heart beat? And Dom is determined he wants to see the woman again.

VP is in her office typing away angrily, thinking about her last encounter with DJ. GH's sister came by her office, and forced her way inside. She accidentally hit something on her desk and it fell to pieces. She isn't afraid of VP and they're talking about some stuff, including revenge. VP got an idea and made her sit in front of her laptop to continue the typing.

Dom returned to his office, half-skipping there. He was expecting GH to be inside and immediately deflated because she isn't. He saw the contract on his table, expecting it to be signed, but it's not, only a written I'm sorry by GH's name. Then GH came in, they talked about the contract. GH only then realized that Dom might not have met VP. Dom praised GH for having principles? Anyway, it ended up with Dom shredding the contract.

Real Veronica scene. She's typing furiously at her computer. Oh GH 's little sister came to see her. Face off #2. Man sister is tough and not backing down. Lol they had some funny convo in English. I have no idea what's been said but I love the sass in this scene. 

Back at the office, Dominique comes back super excited to see his GH. But she's not there and he gets sad a moment. She enters sheepishly. Why it looked like she signed the contract but may be she wrote sorry instead of signing it. Man they got really close just then. Dominique just came right up to her face. My heart was beating for GH. He shred the contract (sorry I really don't know if this was new contract or old contract or what) but GH looked pained by it. Hmmmm. 

Brief scene of DJ meeting with Uncle. 

Dominique riding a bike with the blood pressure thing on. He's trying to raise his blood pressure but guess it isn't working. He's thinking about whatever happened with him and GH in the office earlier. It's just got him frustrated. 

GH is drinking alone and thinking about Dominique. Then Dominique comes in. He recognizes her before she can take her red cardigan off fast enough. 

They are sitting back to back. Instead of a face off, they're having a "back off" lol. She takes the soju bottle to hand to him. Then she sees the cuff and is asking him.about it. Gosh I really can't wait for subs. I know this scene is funny it's just I don't know cuz I can't understand but still I do know you know what I mean? Lol 

Dominique is drunk. His blood pressure went up a little. He started to fall and fell right into his unknown lover GH's arms. Lol he's too drunk and doesn't know how to ride his bicycle lol he got on it backwards. Looks like GH will be riding him home on his bike. Awww with all her bags too. What a cute scene. The speed bump made him fall into her even more but he's all drunken talking. His heart was beating harder though and his blood pressure rising. 

DJ is having a meal with Uncle in a private room. Talking about some corporate stuff. VP's name is mentioned. Not catching much...

Dom is cycling, as Doc's voice over about him having to exercise. He got tired and stopped to sit on the ground. He looked at the wristband measuring his blood pressure and thought about his last conversation with GH when she said she doesn't want to be seeing him. Then his blood pressure increased.

GH is at a restaurant drinking alone and regretting for not signing the contract. Dom happened to go in there. He's surprised to see GH, and GH also tried to cover her face with her ponytail, LOL...and then trying to take off her red cardigan, LOL.... but too late, Dom saw her. They didn't sit together on same table, but back to back, as in preview. They kept talking like that and GH saw the wristband and asked about it. The server even commented aish why they don't sit together since they know each other.

Dom is drunk sitting outside, he almost fell behind and GH caught him in time. He denied being drunk though, but he got up his bike the wrong way. He told GH that they should report to the police, because someone stole his bike handles, lolol..... GH offered to ride the bike for him then... Drunk Dom at first was holding to the strap of GH's bag, but as GH reached a hump, he then held on her tight, with blood pressure increasing... He wondered drunkenly why...

14 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

:crazy: why is he called Dominique again?

Thanks to all recappers by the way :) *fighting!*

Just a play of his name Dom Min Ik:joy:

omg , he never actually saw VP. The woman in leopard print was the doctor’s Friend :mrgreen:this 

This will be interesting - with a device to measure his blood pressure & heart beat ....

Gal Hee feeling the pain as he shredded the contract 

Veronica arrives home. Her mom is in hanbok. Not sure but mom is pissssssed. Maybe cause she didn't meet with Dominique the other night ? Not sure. 

GH rode Dominique the whole way home. As she's getting ready to leave him at his house, he grabs her wrist. He's mumbling some stuff. I want to know what he's sayingggg. 

Her phone starts ringing and she runs off. Ooh it's Veronica. 

Wow Veronica came to GH 's house. I wonder if Veronica is gonna ask GH if she's been impersonating her. I hope she finds and even encourages GH to do so hehe. They're talking about Dominique but I am not sure what is being said. Whatever Veronica says leaves GH uncomfortable. 

Now GH is lying in bed thinking both about Dominique's words and about Veronicas words and feeling all conflicted. 

Her brother comes in playing some audio recording. Whatever the audio recording is, it gets GH thinking of something. Some plan for something ? Not sure. 

Think she's somehow realized she has to impersonate Veronica one more time. Oh yes she definitely texted Dominique as VP I believe...lets see...

Archived