[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

thanks @sn2111a :relaxed: ~ was hoping that am not boring people when everyone is enjoying the fluff. hahahha...

haven't seen beauty inside but in rich man poor woman, the condition was almost like a plot detail that was forgotten after a while. here, we see a condition not only from start but also how it impacts small details of every day life that we don't think about -- like the aspect of getting lunch in a crowded room. as for the voice recognition, it is also about how he is doubting himself and his abilities as his strengths of reading people have disappeared. he correctly assessed the driver was attacking him in the dark room at ep 4 but because gal hee said that he was mistaken, then he assumes that it was his mistake. so he needs to get to a position where he can trust his judgement and recognize his other sense. that takes time.

so in this documentary series I watched (which I shared in above post about face blindness, it was about development of brain and different senses -- fascinating stuff), one thing they showed is how we rely heavily on some senses like sight but then when it it is lost like in a stroke or accident, the person has to learn to trust the other senses like smell and voice to recognize the person. that takes time and there is actually a biological and chemical brain process involved -- so the brain has to stop using that part of the brain for sight and rely on the areas where smell and hearing is involved. so the brain has to kind of re-wire itself. but once that happens, the person is able to easily identify someone by their walk or other movements even if they can't physically see them. so min ik does need time -- to accept his condition, for his body to re-wire itself and then, for his survival instincts to kick in and to trust himself.

The thing about voice recongition is.. do you guys really never feel you are hearing "someone" but that similar voice actually belongs to "someone else".

happens often

so unreliable

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

thanks @sn2111a :relaxed: ~ was hoping that am not boring people when everyone is enjoying the fluff. hahahha...

Your are not , speaking from someone that enjoy her fluffy moment :joy:

@triplem this girl is crazy 

BDAA5703-902D-416E-9BD2-40B495A6BCFD.gif

After she scare him  :mrgreen:

She suddenly turn all shy & red :joy:

15586091811558609166.gif

Spoiler

D07B3B6A-105B-4E5A-9D26-18E6D4C712BA.gif

CBD00FF0-4E7E-448C-BDC2-E34AB135DD61.gif

Spoiler

87D8012D-965D-4461-A449-7C4B16AE9E43.gif

:mrgreen: - @Sarang21 

LOL :lol::lol:@triplem ~ this armpit skinship in ep 5 had me laughing out loud that I had no idea what he was saying. first reaction "thats gross! did some cologne/deodorant company pay for PPL? we protect you from armpit sweat and so you can warm your girlfriend's hands during cold times?" :lol::lol:

but just as an aside, yes, armpits is supposed to be warmer than the rest of the body and so in freezing cold temperatures, one way of warming your hands is by putting it under your armpit as a way of warding off hypothermia/frost bite. (saw it in some english movie which I can't remember but there was LOTS of snow, up to hips and it was life & death situation where they were like literally almost dying from the cold. it wasn't some happy moment but more like sad where you are sure one of the group will die...) 

but here, it wasn't even that cold for hypothermia or frost bite or snow and why is there happy music? more importantly, what was min ik thinking? so gross! :sweatingbullets:

total skinship fail! :tounge_xd:

3 hours ago, sn2111a said:

I have a feeling that the first sentence is foreshadowing the future angst fest. but huehue her presence is paradise to him <3

Kinda interesting that JKJ is paradise (Nak Won) again.  :)

Spoiler

Okay, I admit it:  I am NOT over Come and Hug Me.  And I probably never will be.  Nak Won and Na Moo were completely real to me.

random thought on ep 5 _ so why do female leads in dramaland never dress appropriate for the weather? Surely their expensive phone has weather app? Why not pack a light shawl/stole/sweater/jacket in a handbag? Hahaha ....

and dae joo must have a core temperature lower than gal hee as he is forever wearing sweatshirt plus overcoat? Why so cold? Will the glacier melt if veronica park also offers her armpits to warm his hands? :tounge_xd:

@Lmangla I honestly will not put my hands under anyone’s armpit . The person’s BO is likely to overpower any romantic feelings this is suppose to ignite :joy: Maybe in the dead of winter & he’s Kim Young Kwang....

@thistle dear , Jang Ki Young heard you .. sent a food truck to support JKJ :D 

OST 6

7 hours ago, thistle said:

Kinda interesting that JKJ is paradise (Nak Won) again.  :)

Hide contents

Okay, I admit it:  I am NOT over Come and Hug Me.  And I probably never will be.  Nak Won and Na Moo were completely real to me.

Me too :heart: I think the writer watched CAHM kekekke:D

If this has been posted here before, I apologize for the duplication. I cannot wait to watch the episodes where these scenes were taken from. :wub::tears:

EDIT: the set of photos with Veronica and Gal Hee wearing the same outfit and Gal Hee 's head on Min Ik's shoulder.

EDIT: Updated with a more recent article.

[NEWS] Han Ji Sun To Step Down From “The Secret Life Of My Secretary” Following Assault Case

f42f0c753b954e349f023b88c83677ea.jpeg?s=

Han Ji Sun, who was recently revealed to have been involved in an assault case with a taxi driver, will be stepping down from SBS’s “The Secret Life of My Secretary.”

On May 24, a source from SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “The Secret Life of My Secretary” revealed that Han Ji Sun has decided to step down from the drama after realizing the need to self-reflect as a public figure.

This follows news outlet Channel A’s reports that the actress was questioned by the police in September 2018 for physically and verbally abusing a taxi driver while intoxicated. Her violent behaviors reportedly continued at the police station, as she is said to have slapped a police officer in the face and bit another officer in the arm.

In the end, Han Ji Sun was fined 5 million won (approximately $4,202) and given a one-year probation for obstruction of justice.

The following is the official statement from SBS:

We are giving a notice regarding Han Ji Sun’s [appearance] in “The Secret Life of My Secretary.” In the late evening of May 23, the production team was notified about the assault case by [Han Ji Sun’s] agency. The production team was taken aback, and while it was difficult, we went through thorough internal discussion to do our best to sort out the situation. As a result, we came to a conclusion that Han Ji Sun needs to take some time to self-reflect as a public figure and that Han Ji Sun should step down [from the drama].”

Because Han Ji Sun’s character is a supporting role who holds an essential key to the storyline, her appearance in the drama was becoming more frequent. The production team took the gravity of this matter into consideration and decided to make changes to the overall script and edit and delete scenes that show the actress.”

However, the drama is partially pre-made, and filming up to episode 28 has already taken place. Having to film those scenes again will greatly affect other actors and staff members. We ask for your understanding that certain scenes [including Han Ji Sun] may be broadcast for the episodes that have already been filmed. We will try our best to minimize scenes including the actress.”

The production team will do our best to ensure that the rest of the filming will take place smoothly and to pay back viewers with a great production.

source

23 hours ago, Lmangla said:

but here, it wasn't even that cold for hypothermia or frost bite or snow and why is there happy music? more importantly, what was min ik thinking? so gross! :sweatingbullets:

total skinship fail!

Well, to be really honest.....

Spoiler

I thought it was kinda cute and funny.  And it made me think of a long-ago boyfriend who had kinda interesting armpits (never mind, you don't need to know the details), so I wasn't grossed off at all.  Maybe the opposite.

Okay, running away now!  :P

15 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

join us!

@thistle ~ you have unique taste! hahahah... @triplem ~ imagine if armpit skinship became a trope and we saw it in every kdrama?! LOL!!!!

If that’s the case , it will be perfect for deodorant 

PPLs :mrgreen:

——

someone translated this bit of the BTS :wub:

Just now, sushilicious said:
22 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

armpit skinship

:no_mouth: that’s a first haha.  

LOL... it was... saw the stills before I saw the episode as am behind...and assumed that it was accidental. like she trips and falls on him and ends up on this awkward position where her hands are under his arm pits. but no, he places it there! LOL... and it is even not hypothermia/frost bite cold. and her heart is going dugun dugun. if it was some of us like me and @triplem (excluding @thistle here LOL) , this would be our faces.

1314.gif

6 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Is it like her face on the pit or some or body parts that touches the pit?...:ph34r: there is no reason why I’m asking this.:ph34r:

LOL... here's the gif from @Ameera Ali ... you can re-watch a kiss, a hug, a caress... how does one re-watch this without giggling???

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/427272-current-drama-2019-the-secret-life-of-my-secretary-i-love-you-from-the-beginning-초면에-사랑합니다-mon-tue-2200-kst/?do=findComment&comment=21497098

Related to the armpit issue:

As for our different ear odors, they came about because of a tiny change, just one little letter in the genetic alphabet that long ago granted an East Asian population a reprieve from both smelly underarms and sticky earwax. This mutation appeared about 2,000 generations ago, according to a study published in 2011, and became more common across Asia over time. Today most East Asians and nearly all Koreans lack a chemical in their armpits that bacteria munch on to make body odor, because they carry this variant of the ABCC11 gene.

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/gory-details/what-your-earwax-says-about-your-ancestry

So, no fear if warming your hands in his armpit. :lol:

Archived