Heo Yi Jae 허이재

Guest chocolavie

Guest chocolavie

Is Dong kuk one and the same as Donguk university? Because from Myung Se Bin's profile it stated under education----Dong kuk University.

And it's quite interesting to know these remarkable women----Ha Ji Won and Heo Yi jae have something in common----attending the same univerity.

yeah~ dong kuk,dong gook, dong kook~ all refers to the same university! Dong guk University- movies and film is a star-studded school! If im not wrong Jo inSung oppa is also from that same school and course as yijae :)

hehehe..thanks again for another great batch of pics...I can't believe she sat beside Ha Ji Won..People will probably notice her more and more because of that..

yeah, it's sure and it's an honour for Yijae to sit beside ha ji won! she must has snatched some limelight from the seat!

wow celest thanks again for the photos and yi jae message! i really really do appreciate your effort. here i go again sounding like a broken record...yi jae looks pretty in the fashion show she attended today. yesterday despite looking so plain she looked pretty and today she looks pretty angelic. glad to see her attending events. i really do hope that bof will soon announce her next project. i'm so excited to know what she will be doing next.

hmm, i wonder how often yi jae goes to her website? i hope that she read our messages to her. :)

btw, i was in 'sunflower' thread earlier [and i guess tartmesp saw me] looking for the clip i saw where she tripped but unfortunately i still haven't found it. but i still have 40 pages to go and hope to share with you that clip.

edit : i just left a message at her fansite and told her that celest translated her message @ soompi for her english speaking fans ^^

liezle you are the most welcome! it's my pleasure to translate her news/messages for the welfare of her soompi's supporters :)

i also hope that she'll read our messages, i managed to recognise one hardcore fan at her website...his name is "first lady huh yijae"...i always saw his posts in almost every section unceasingly ! :wacko: but generally, her fans there are very supportive!

about the 'sunfower' NG clip~ perhaps u can post a message that u're looking for that clip...hopefully middy, ling or pchoi will help to navigate the clip for u! as they're more familiar with that thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bwitched

I thought first lady huh yijae is a girl..so he's a boy indeed. I can only see his post at BOF's site...wonder what he writes....pucca_love_emoticons_03.gif

Guest xosandy

I just finished watching (and rewatching) Goong S recently and I'm so pleased with her overall performance from beginning to end. She really did show quite a lot of improvement and I just don't understand why some people don't really like her. I mean.. she seems like a very down to earth approachable person on screen and in real life. It's unfair that some people constantly compare her to Yoon Eun Hye when Goong and Goong S are two completely different stories. Anyway, I just had to vent. =X But she is a very sweet and sensible person. Her messages to the fans are so endearing and she shows gratitude for the support she gets. =)

Guest keyti

bwitched of cos u may post any many pics as you want ~ :D

hi keyti~ welcome to the thread, yeah i agree with you that Yijae has really nice features, especially her gorgeous side profile

thank you so much for the warm welcome! :D thanks as well for all the info. :) totally awesome!

I'm glad that we have new faces here who adore her. I'm sure everyone who gives a chance to see her in Goong S will like her. It's only a matter of trying to watch her in the drama or nope...welcome to the thread keyti, cereana_ira and homeschoolers4life

hello! thank you! ;) i'll be dropping buy every once in a while.

Guest chocolavie

I thought first lady huh yijae is a girl..so he's a boy indeed. I can only see his post at BOF's site...wonder what he writes....pucca_love_emoticons_03.gif

bwitched u know it's becase he always addresses yijae as nuna...thats why i know he's a guy fan :lol:

I just finished watching (and rewatching) Goong S recently and I'm so pleased with her overall performance from beginning to end. She really did show quite a lot of improvement and I just don't understand why some people don't really like her. I mean.. she seems like a very down to earth approachable person on screen and in real life. It's unfair that some people constantly compare her to Yoon Eun Hye when Goong and Goong S are two completely different stories. Anyway, I just had to vent. =X But she is a very sweet and sensible person. Her messages to the fans are so endearing and she shows gratitude for the support she gets. =)

xosandy wow...u went to rewatch whole of goong S...whoa i never had a chance to do that now~ but i agree with what you said that people always love to compare and judge certain things and mostly likely those people will tend to prefer the more 'popular' ones...and it's saddening to know she actually blamed herself for the caue of goong S ratings, it's not her fault, and was also probably because of those bashings targetting mostly on her, which also part of the reason to led her felt that way too, i can't help myself to sympathise her who's such a sweet, gracious and innocent soul,her wish is just to portray well her role but gotten herself all these kinds mistreatments,now i just hope that for her next drama, she will not be so ill-fated anymore, i had enough of that!

Guest miel_1301

People who did not see or simply just refuse to see the naturalness, the charm, the purity and the vast potential in this rare gem---Heo Yi jae are those you've been blinded by prejudice, bias and extreme admiration for the actress that they're supporting, that they simply went overboard to make such unfair and unfounded criticisms by compairing HYJ with this and that actress. Right from the very start when news came out that she was chosen as the lead girl of Se7en, she was already lambasted with so many negative remarks---both in her physical looks and later in her acting inadequacies. These people claimed that she's not beautiful enough to be paired with Se7en. If she's ain't pretty, as these people say, then I do not know now what the definition of BEAUTY is. Beauty is relative so to speak. But the real essence of beauty is not only what is seen from the outside but what also radiates from the inside. And this for me is the definition of HYJ's beauty, as far as her impact on me is concerned. These people went far by unjustly compairing her with the lead girl in Goong 1 (YEH) despite the very big difference in the roles they played, as if this actress is the basis or the standard that detremines whether the next new actresses could act or not. Not satisfied still, some people, even to this very date, could not simply get over with sulking about the fact that the 2nd lead in Goong S (PSH) ought to be just the 2nd lead as what the director instinctively and rightfully saw. They, up to this very moment, still claim that if PSH was made the lead girl of Se7en then more people would have watched the series, that the series would not have suffered from the very poor ratings, thus, it would have been way better of. Wow!!! Those were sweeping statements that I really find hard to swallow. PSH may be is an experienced actress compared with HYJ, yes, no doubt about that. But is experience always equated with excellence? Is having been the main lead in only 1 kdrama (as far as I know) enough basis or criteria that the 2nd, the 3rd drama...that she'll be casted in as the lead would surely be a success? No offense meant here as these are only questions in my mind that I ponder on.

Had only people been more objective and open minded in the acceptance and treatment of this drama and its main lead girl (HYJ), no unreasonable criticisms would have been hurled against this new actress.

This is why I could not help but somehow wish (although this is moot and academic now) that HYJ should not have taken up this role in this drama series (Goong S) that is viewed by people as just a mere shadow of a previous one (Goong 1) ...a mere "goong-a-like" and much more, should not have opted to be paired with someone of huge stature, so she would not have been confronted with such huge expectations and would not have suffered from criticisms based on unfair comparisons.

She should have chosen a drama series that is altogether fresh and new, a drama series with her character as the center of the story, so that all her potentials would have been maximised to the fullest.

A long post here again. Some of you might think that I am being too repetitive with my point. My apologies!!! Just bear with me and I promise that this would be the last time. It's just that, my sympathy and defense always go for the so-called "under dogs".

Guest miel_1301

Although this is a news article that is nearly a year old, allow me to post it nevertheles as it explained how HYJ was chosen for her role in SUNFLOWER.

Credit goes to PChoi who originally posted it in the SUNFLOWER thread (and made the English translation as well) and the source is stated below.

2006/4/26 innolife news (Chinese)

[Chinese into English translation by PChoi]

Newbie Heo Yi Jae Will be Kim Rae Won’s Lover

4115_1.jpg

The movie ‘Sunflower’ (Director: Kang Suk Bum; Production: Ivision Entertainment) has picked the leading actress.

In the open auditon for lead actress, Heo Yi Jae got the role with keen competion of 3000:1. She was in 徐泰志’s music video ‘Live Wire’ and beverage and TTL commercials. She’s also in the movie ‘Mean Streets’ playing Cho In Sung’s younger sister. She’s now working on the movie ‘ Da Capo’.

The production company explains the choice with confidence, “Though a lot of new actresses and famous actresses have come to the audtion, seeing Heo Yi Jae at the instant, we decided that she’s very suitable for the sunshine role of Hae Ju. Her performance is much better than most newbies and she has the potential to become a top star.

Meanwhile, ‘Sunflower’ tells the story of Tae Sik (KRW) who’s been fighting his life in the back streets and was in jail for 10 years. He later found the family he belonged to and he tried hard to guard his hopes and the family. It’s a sad movie about a sad man’s life. Filming will begin in May.

http://www.innolife.com/list.php?ac_id=13&ai_id=4115

source: raewon island/hyu

Guest chocolavie

tartmesp thanks for the news contribution~ ehh u went to KRW webby to look for Yijae's news? :o anyway thanks so much for your help to contribute in this thread~ may i know where you're from? i think all our friends here should intro ourselves...ok let me start the ball rolling...i am from singapore...and am still studying, older than yijae by not many years...female.. :lol:

ps: tartmesp u dont have to worry for posting a long msg! i appreciate and love the way you express your words of adoration for yijae! keep it up!:)

Guest bwitched

I was dying to know more about you guys but to shy too ask..hehehe. This is what we call curiosity...

Annyeong Haseyo

I'm from France...but I'm malaysian!!!...Celest , if you're from singapore you shud know my hometown Johore Bahru. I think I am older from you guys. I'm turning 23 verry soon. I'll be glad if some of you adress me as unni or noona.But I doubt if any of us is a guy...hehehe..

A cool HYJ's peace hye from me bwitched

snooker.jpg

and our angel in wings!!!

angel.jpg

credit for used photos goes to group8 and Newsen

Guest chocolavie

I was dying to know more about you guys but to shy too ask..hehehe. This is what we call curiosity...

Annyeong Haseyo

I'm from France...but I'm malaysian!!!...Celest , if you're from singapore you shud know my hometown Johore Bahru. I think I am older from you guys. I'm turning 23 verry soon. I'll be glad if some of you adress me as unni or noona.But I doubt if any of us is a guy...hehehe..

A cool HYJ's peace hye from me bwitched

snooker.jpg

and our angel in wings!!!

angel.jpg

credit for used photos goes to group8 and Newsen

bwitched oh yeah....JB is just beside my place, i been there quite often so are u residing permanently in france? or r u working or studying there? hope i am not too nosey he he

i think in korean for girls...if you address an elder sister...is unni

but as for guys...if they address an elder sister..is nuna

hope i am right about this :)

and those artwork that u posted r very well done! i like the 2nd one...Yijae really looks like a chun-sa (angel) with the wings behind her!!

keyti i also notice the scar on her hand...hope it's nothing serious :blink:

Guest liezle

tartmesp, like i wrote earlier, i don't mind reading your long posts. they're very sensible and really a good read. you always say what i wanted to say :) if only those who bashed yi jae can read what all you've written... hee but i've doubts ;) i guess those who bashed her doesn't even want to read long and sensible post :ph34r:[oppsie, sorry but about that but that's how i see it judging from experience] . anyway, i really do appreciate your championing wuri yi jae. i'm sure if she drops by here and can read what you've written she will definitely be happy and will surely be reminded of your name.

ok let me introduce now myself, i from 7,107 islands...depending if it's low tide or hide tide ;) our country is known for its beautiful beaches...philippines. :) i'm a she, working and taking my prof. bus. program [hope i can finish soon but i'm already too lazy and tired to study my last 3 remaining courses]. :wacko:

bwitched nice artwork...thanks for sharing!

btw, i've been a supporter of yi jae since bof introduced her. what i like about her is her sweet smile, and unpretentious personality despite being paired with known personalities and being under the same management company of byj, sjs and lny.

Guest Bamidele

So this is where you guys are these days...nice pics BWITCHED. I am Nigerian female, finishing up my second year of college, and live in Arizona. it is cool knowing people from other parts of the world. I was also too shy to ask you guys about yourselves..lol...come back laters!!!

Guest miel_1301

Since we've all been together for the past 3 months because of one common denominator----GOONG S, I also got to the point of being curious about all of you, sensible and smart people, that I come across in this thread (and that of Goong S). This is my very first time to have participated in discussions in threads. I thought that after the airing of Goong S, I would start distancing myself and eventually make an exit. But I somehow got addicted specially when I happen to pass by this thread of HYJ which was started out by CELEST . And then later on, I came across Liezle, who I want to believe is a huge supporter of BYJ and then learned from her that HYJ is under BOF (Liezle, I too frequent the thread of BYJ. It's just that I don't make posts there. He is very much adored by my family specially my sister and her colleagues at work). So all the more the common denominator got wider. My introduction to Kdramas started not very long ago (thanks to my sister) when I returned to my home country from work in Dubai (UAE). I work in an Airline company. Watching films (hollywood) had occupied my periods of rest after every stressful work. But when I was introduced to kdramas, I made a three hundred sixty degree reversal turn, preferring now k-actors/actresses over hollywood ones. Only then I realize how competitive Asian talents can be in this field of business.Oh, by the way, my home country is the Philippines.

And thanks to you all for tolerating my long seemingly narrative posts for I am one person who was trained to speak my mind out. He..he..he!!!

And Bwitched, nice artwork again. You know why I never cease to appreciate your masterpieces? Because I somehow lack a sense of artistry in me. I have 1 USB solely devoted to all your artworks.

Liezle, it's 7,107 islands.

Guest bwitched

hehehe...so basically apart from Bamidele, we're all south east asian girls. Yup, to confirm CELEST's infos, Noona is what a guy calls an elder sister and unni for a younger woman to call another woman..

To answer CELEST's Q,Actually I was born in the US, but grew in JB. And I've been studying ingineering in france for 5 years already..I got 3 more years here..

oh n thanks for everybody's compliment over my artworks..I know they're nothing compared to other soompiers artworks but I'm still learning; Thanks to Goong S who's ceaselessly providing me with inspiration pictures. And I was so touched that tarmesp has a USB key solely for my artworks..hehehe. I'll promise to come up with better pictures in the future.

Guest liezle

tartmesp, thanks for correcting me :blush: blame it to my clumsy typing]

it's nice knowing active supporters of yi jae in this thread. i hope that with our effort we can make yi jae adore more by people who already like her and admire by others who criticized or do not believe in her craft. we can be yi jae PR in soompi ;)

Guest miel_1301

Since there are still no new happenings about HYJ, let me post some of her misc pics during Sunflower filming and promotions.

Originally posted in Sunflower thread and credits stated below.

mwint018.jpg

mwint019.jpgwhat is she doing? making Rae Won laugh?

credit: PChoi of Sunflower/soompi thread

acc7b7a5.jpg

cf0fd7e1.jpg

credit: fanmir & Middy of Sunflower/Soompi

2006111317173903254_1.jpg

credit: mtstarnews.com

sftriofighting003.jpgand ah! that contagious smile

credit: hyu of raewonisland.com

29653adb.jpgadorably cute & preppy look

a0fc9831.jpg

b76b0208.jpg

credit: lawarni & Middy of Sunflower/Soompi

8098_1.jpg

credit: innolife.com

20061129061023.562.0.jpg

black blended & complemented so well with her clear & white complexion...nice aura

credit: epg.co.kr

Guest chocolavie

thanks everyone for their interesting introduction~ so coincidence most of us are from south east asia! :D anyway...

tartmesp thanks for going to 'sunflower' thread to find Yijae's pics to post it here! Yijae looked good and stylish in all her outfits in those 'sunflower' press conference!

bwitched oh..so u will be going back to m'sia after u complete your studies? im always anticipating for your artwork! i just saw you posted yijae's artwork at her BOF official webby...so hoping that yijae will know about that!

liezle yeah we are all helping yijae to promote her here...like PRs :) hopefully she will get more recognised and turn to a major star as time progresses :)

Oh yes~ i wanna mention tomorrow will be se7en's 747 concert in korea....i wonder will yijae be attending the concert....i hope she will attend!!! and it will be even better if she goes up to the stage and give se7eny a hug <3 ! LOL~ m i dreaming too much :blush:

Guest liezle

yes! today is se7en's concert :) me too celest, i'm hope the yi jae will watch.

tartmesp, thanks for reposting yi jae photos from 'sunflower thread'. she lost a lot of weight while filming goong s. but then and now she is still pretty.

bwitched read in goong s thread that you'll be on a holiday for a week. have a great vacation!

Guest bwitched

I so hopefully hope she'll attend the concert.To see her give Dongwookie a support has become my long life dream..pucca_love_emoticons_02.gif

thanks liezle n hopefully I'll have a nice holiday without missing you guys and this thread soooo much..hehe pucca_love_emoticons_01.gif

Archived