Heo Yi Jae 허이재

Guest chocolavie

Guest candi

wow, some people don't like her and goong S' ratings were bad!?!??! i find that she's quite ok for an actress. i mean, it shows that she hasn't started for long, but she's doing pretty good i find! and she's definitely a beauty! ^-^ she sure does look a lot like kim tae hee though o_o...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chocolavie

Thanks muchhhhhsss to all of chinggus here bwitched, tartmesp, liezle etc... who has been constantly updating this thread when i was not around :D...so sorry about my absence...something is wrong with my computer...i hope i wont get the problem again!

Latest schedule-

she'll be attending ASTA TV award this coming frii 30/3, Yijae and se7en are under the nomination of best newcomers award! i hope se7en will attend with her...

oh yes...about the vogue magazine article....i can't find a proper article which i can see the words clearly...:( if not maybe there's some luck to get what she said in there...

wow, some people don't like her and goong S' ratings were bad!?!??! i find that she's quite ok for an actress. i mean, it shows that she hasn't started for long, but she's doing pretty good i find! and she's definitely a beauty! ^-^ she sure does look a lot like kim tae hee though o_o...

yeah...some people don't like her is because these people will not happy that she took over the place of yoon eun hye in Goong...so they're prolly trying to find faults in her, by comparing her eun hye's role in Goong

'chae kyung' and ' yang soon' is totally a different character/role, and i think the role of 'Chae kyung' is definitely meatier and much more to appeal the general audience than to 'yang soon' but i think Yang soon's character has more depth and is not easily to interpret it so i would say it's very unfair for HYJ...when some people just dont give her a chance... things would be different if HYJ and YEH swop their roles with each another....so bottom line-->some ppl are just plain shallow~ :ph34r::sweatingbullets:

HYJ is definitely beautiful and her looks are versatile and can last long...also she tends to look different in every set of pix...she's a chameleon like some has said~ chinggus right?

Guest chocolavie

EJae and her fans~ during filming of GoongS...ahhh she towered all the other girls~ but she isn't that tall right? she looks simple and pretty...i like her outfit~~

45461536_vipgobbgo.jpg

credit: Daum

===========================================================

Close-up shot- vogue magazine~i really love this pic~ she's sooo gorgeous :)

.jpg

-1.jpg

Guest miel_1301

Thanks Celest for all the latest pics and news about uri HYJ. Your presence in this thread really makes a difference.

Let's all look forward to march 30 (friday) ASTA TV Awards...hope something good and unexpected will happen to uri HYJ. Let's wish her all the LUCK even if it's just in our thoughts. And I know Celest that you'll always be on your toes to gather any recent development that will happen to her.

And, yes, Celest, I agree with you in regard to the baseless and unfair comparisons made by the fanbase of GOONG 1 between Yoon Eun Hye and Heo Yi Jae. Like what I have mentioned in my previous post in another thread, the low ratings of GOONG S was partly due to 2 reasons: CONDITIONING and RESENTMENT. People who love the first Goong were somehow conditioned that a sequel is in the making and will be shown this 2007. How they all waited with so much anticipation. However, because of the problems brought about by the original cast themselves, as well as the issues with regards to production team breaking apart (Eight Peaks and Group 8), said plan did not materialise. So when Group 8 finally decided to do another Goong, these people simply resented the idea----so that any sequel, any spin-off, any goong-a-like, or any "S", for that matter, not having the original cast would be TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE to them. And so this series, including the main leads, has been doomed from the very start to suffer from these criticisms based on unfair comparisons with the first one. Heo Yi Jae, herself, has not been spared from these criticisms and has been pre-judged and misjudged-----as if she's guilty of a crime---the crime of taking someone else's role. Critical viewers have acted irrationally in making a very quick verdict that HYJ, the main lead in Goong S, can not act basing it only after seeing 2 episodes. I had seen YEH in Goong 1 and I would say, she did justice to her role being a newcomer as well. But to make comparisons between the two is totally unfair. Setting YEH as the standard of criteria on whether another new actress can or can not act is totally unjust. The first Goong somehow centered on the character of Yoon Eun Hye, hence the title "Princess Hours". She had lots of camera and screen exposures compaired to HYJ's role. The center or the main focus of the storyline of Goong S was not on Yang Soon YI. HYJ had only about 1/4 (or even less) of the exposures YEH enjoyed in her drama. HYJ had to share screen time with the rest of the 3 main leads plus the other senior actors and actresses because of the complexity of the storyline. In fact, I felt that Kang Du's role had even more exposure in the drama than HYJ's role simply because the competition for the throne and the political affairs had been given much emphasis keeping only on the sidelight the love story of the two main leads. Likewise, the role of Sae Ryung was given a great deal of exposure than the role of Hyo Rin (the 2nd lead) in Goong 1. So, I believe that any comparison is unfair and unjust. Had those viewers not been unreasonably critical and biased, had they looked at this series objectively, independently and with an open mind and heart, then things would have been different. As I have always asked: "What if there is a reversal in fate? What if Goong S came ahead of Goong 1? Will the table be turned upside down?"

I may have been repeating this point over and over, and so my apologies, but this is somehow the fact that we all have to bear in mind and reckon with.

Guest liezle

hello celest and glad to see you again. thanks for the ASTA TV news. i'm crossing my fingers that we get to see them together even just in photos :) likewise i'm crossing my fingers too that they will win ;).

btw, hyj may look like kth or her character as yang soon is being compared to that of chae kyung, but surely and definitely yi jae has her own identity :) and that uniqueness is what attracted me to her.

Guest bwitched

Welcome back again celest..about her being tall, I know it's weird. Sometime she looks tall, sometimes she looks short. In Haebaragi for example, she looks quite tall without putting on heels but in Goong S she looks short even with high heels boot..

Guest chocolavie

Thanks Celest for all the latest pics and news about uri HYJ. Your presence in this thread really makes a difference.

Let's all look forward to march 30 (friday) ASTA TV Awards...hope something good and unexpected will happen to uri HYJ. Let's wish her all the LUCK even if it's just in our thoughts. And I know Celest that you'll always be on your toes to gather any recent development that will happen to her.

I may have been repeating this point over and over, but this is the fact that we all have to reckon with.

hello celest and glad to see you again. thanks for the ASTA TV news. i'm crossing my fingers that we get to see them

Welcome back again celest..about her being tall, I know it's weird. Sometime she looks tall, sometimes she looks short. In Haebaragi for example, she looks quite tall without putting on heels but in Goong S she looks short even with high heels boot..

Dear chinggus thanks for welcoming me back~ feel so warm and happy to be back in this thread with you all here, i think this is really a great place to show our ardent support to Ejae as she needs alot of attention and speaking up from us...i knew u all have been posting many valuable comments about Ejae...and i love to read u guy's posts!!! we should keep this momentum going~

tartmesp i really hope that the low-ratings and those criticisms will not affect Yijae's career path,hopefully Ejae's potential will not be overshadowed by the ratings when in-the future productions choose their casts to perform in their projects..and i hope she gets the right dramas/movies to execute her potential to the fullest~ i am anticipating to see her nurture into an awesome actress! EJae did mentioned in an interviewthat she wishes to have a representative film just like Audrey Hepburn in 'Roman holidays' a great film to signify herself as a reputable actress .

unseen pic~ while filiming "dirty carnival" with Jo In Sung

n2o14122934543ro0.jpg

Guest miel_1301

tartmesp i really hope that the low-ratings and those criticisms will not affect Yijae's career path,hopefully Ejae's potential will not be overshadowed by the ratings when in-the future productions choose their casts to perform in their projects..and i hope she gets the right dramas/movies to execute her potential to the fullest~ i am anticipating to see her nurture into an awesome actress! EJae did mentioned in an interviewthat she wishes to have a representative film just like Audrey Hepburn in 'Roman holidays' a great film to signify herself as a reputable actress .

Yes, Celest, I share the same hope as yours. I can't help but fear that the low ratings suffered by Goong S would have a negative impact on her would-be projects. I just hope directors and producers would look at it from a wider perspective. My full trust lies with BOF (her management company) that she'll be taken care of. Anyway, being a part of the same family as BYJ, So Ji Sub and Lee Na Young, how can this damsel (HYJ) possibly go astray?

----EDIT----

Again, thanks Celest for the brief translation of the article on HYJ in ESQUIRE mag. Your effort is highly appreciated.

I like the simile made: "An actress who is beautiful like falling snow"

Comment on HYJ pic with Jo In Sung:

HYJ had a very small part and screen exposure with Jo In Sung in Dirty Carnival as she only played sister to him. And seeing an off-cam pic of HYJ with Jo In Sung somehow speaks for itself.....this young lady is an amiable person and is easy to be liked. Kim Rae Won and Jo In Sung may have the same impression of her (HYJ) as both of them may have seen that inexplicable charm in her.

Guest chocolavie

Translation- Esquire April~ sexy Ejae

1st part

"my life objectives is to be happy and fascinating.I have to remind myself in order to be success, i need lots of courage to live a good life. and I believe in fate...I will base on my hardwork and anticipate myself to be successful"

- Heo Ejae

2nd part

"An actress who's beautiful like falling snow

She doesnt look much difference with or w/o make-up, but with a dazzling make-over...she's even more stunnning and charming. a 20 year old actress whom is devoted to work but yet a happy girl" - Esquire

Guest chocolavie

Yes, Celest, I share the same hope as yours. I can't help but fear that the low ratings suffered by Goong S would have a negative impact on her would-be projects. I just hope directors and producers would look at it from a wider perspective. My full trust lies with BOF (her management company) that she'll be taken care of. Anyway, being a part of the same family as BYJ, So Ji Sub and Lee Na Young, this damsel (HYJ) would not go astray.

----EDIT----

Again, thanks Celest for the brief translation of the article on HYJ in ESQUIRE mag. Your effort is highly appreciated.

I like the simile made: "An actress who is beautiful like falling snow"

tartmesp u're welcome :) i didn't do much, i only translated certain parts of the article...not all..cos the words are too small for me to figure...haha and yeah i hope BOF will take good care of her...she have this mountain agency behind her! But how come i did not come across any photos of her with the stars in BOF, didn't they meet occasionally for meeting or stuffs? liezle hope u can enlighten us about this :)

Guest liezle

Yes, Celest, I share the same hope as yours. I can't help but fear that the low ratings suffered by Goong S would have a negative impact on her would-be projects. I just hope directors and producers would look at it from a wider perspective. My full trust lies with BOF (her management company) that she'll be taken care of. Anyway, being a part of the same family as BYJ, So Ji Sub and Lee Na Young, this damsel (HYJ) would not go astray.

sorry to break into your conversation guys but i just wanted to let you know that i've a positive feeling about yi jae would be projects. as a newcomer yi jae came to us in 2 new ways [her roles in sunflower and goong s] both in one way or another fascinated us. i believe that she's not afraid to try new things/style which i consider to be one aspect that pd's are looking for. i trust other pd's instinct in looking for a good talent and not depending on the success/failure of the current project.

like everyone else in this thread i'm also looking forward to her next project. :)

celest thanks again for the latest photo. hmm even with jis she looks good ;) it's probably because of her simplicity that makes her look good with anyone.

tartmesp, thanks too for always giving rational comments and defending yi jae. i hope that someday those people who criticized her will take back what they've said about her. time will come that yi jae will definitely prove them wrong.

p.s. just read celest's esquire translation, thanks again! she seems to be a very optimistic person and with a good aura.

Guest miel_1301

Liezle, you are not in any way breaking in any of our conversation. Though we may only be few in this thread but we all have very keen eyes for a very rare gem----Heo Yi Jae

My commentaries/reactions to all your posts, news, issues, pics, developments and happenings are the only humble contributions that I can give to keep this thread alive.

Guest chocolavie

Sunflower MV-HYJ and KRW scenes in the movie...I find it's touching and beautiful with the song by judy collins

taken from KRW/sunflower soompi threads- thanks to PChoi

Enjoy~

I found it strange ... that fans made 10's of MVs before 'Sunflower' was screened but nobody made any after seeing it!? (or very few, so I missed them ><)

Bet many of you prefer seeing Raewon in love stories. Do you consider the following a love story?

Tae Sik & Hee Ju - Love yet to blossom, an MV I made

File size kind of big (17.1M) Download

Song: The Rose by Judy Collins

Some say love it is a river

that drowns the tender reed

Some say love it is a razor

that leaves your soul to bleed

Some say love it is a hunger

an endless aching need

I say love it is a flower

and you it's only seed

It's the heart afraid of breaking

that never learns to dance

It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance

It's the one who won't be taken

who cannot seem to give

and the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live

When the night has been too lonely

and the road has been too long

and you think that love is only

for the lucky and the strong

Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows

lies the seed

that with the sun's love

in the spring

becomes the rose

PS I was inspired answering gigikk's question earlier.

Guest miel_1301

Latest schedule-

she'll be attending ASTA TV award this coming frii 30/3, Yijae and se7en are under the nomination of best newcomers award! i hope se7en will attend with her...

Thanks Celest for this info. Btw, I have a question though. Is it not quite early for this award to be given? It's only the 3rd month of 2007. Isn't that awards are normally given at the end of the year after all dramas have been aired/shown for that particular year? (Like what MBC, KBS, SBS do)

Guest chocolavie

Thanks Celest for this info. Btw, I have a question though. Is it not quite early for this award to be given? It's only the 3rd month of 2007. Isn't that awards are normally given at the end of the year after all dramas have been aired/shown for that particular year? (Like what MBC, KBS, SBS do)

hi tartmesp i am not too sure about the criteria of ASTA award and it doesnt really matter whether she gets it or not...but it's all good to know she will be there tomorrow for sure! yay! can't wait to see her again :)

Guest miel_1301

hi tartmesp i am not too sure about the criteria of ASTA award and it doesnt really matter whether she gets it or not...but it's all good to know she will be there tomorrow for sure! yay! can't wait to see her again :)

Celest, thanks for clarifying. We shall await the latest news from you for we all know that you'll be on your toes to get them.

Guest liezle

hi everyone! yay didn' realized that tomorrow will be the day that we'll get to see or read something about yi jae. please keep us posted celest if you get to see her.

btw, thanks for the latest photo above. it seems that the webmaster of yi jae's website is so diligent in posting her photos [compared to other bof's talent webmasters ;)]. hee, she does look different again in that self taken photo :)

Guest chocolavie

hi everyone! yay didn' realized that tomorrow will be the day that we'll get to see or read something about yi jae. please keep us posted celest if you get to see her.

btw, thanks for the latest photo above. it seems that the webmaster of yi jae's website is so diligent in posting her photos [compared to other bof's talent webmasters ;)]. hee, she does look different again in that self taken photo :)

oh liezle i thought that those photos are posted by herself... :unsure: cos the user that posted all the pics are registered under her own name...anyway now there's still no news and pics about the award thingy...it should be over by now :)

Guest liezle

oppsie sorry. ok i take back what i posted above. sorry for not checking yi jae site. yeah it does seems that she posted the photo herself. :) i just left a message there and told her about this thread and left the link :) hope that someday she will set her footprints here.

Archived