[Drama 2018] A Promise with the Gods, 신과의 약속

0ly40

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa, Na Kyung just stooped to a new level of low, didn't she? Just when I thought she couldn't go any lower, she showed her true colors once again. I wonder if she has any feelings of empathy toward other people?

It is 100% certain she convinced the donor who was a match with HW to not donate his/her bone marrow. Just so that she would keep her position of power. She doesn't care if HW survives or not. :angry:

I have a feeling JY's colleagues are planning on exposing NK's evil deeds on JY's tv show. Na Kyung's selfishness and greed need to be shown to the world, so that she can ultimately fall to her knees!

NK has worn me thin. The issue is that they have 8 too many episodes left for her continual evil. Is the writer in love with the evil character NK? She absolutely has no shades of grey. I also blame the husband. I like him, but he is too passive aggressive. Yes, your infidelity set in motion this entire mess but, NK stalked you. Stop the forever punishing myself attitude and man up! I don't like children being torn from left to right especially during their developmental years. They need to transition JY's baby boy to her home!

On 2/2/2019 at 6:50 AM, partyon said:

I am looking forward to tonight's episodes and see Na Kyung's downfall begin. I REALLY hope that Jae Wook will finally stand up to her!

I think every weekend we hope that Jae Wook will start to stand up to Na Kyung and I thought he was going to do it this weekend. I don't know why he ever agreed to that deal, JS is his son too and the fact that Na Kyung is making a deal in return for her "supposed son's" donation should have cancelled her rights as a mother. That deal should not have been ever done. I don't know why he could not consult a family lawyer. Na Kyung has got both families cornered. I know time was of the essence, but if the deal was not done with NK, there was no reason for her to be in the hospital and knowing about the 100% donor. The preview shows the three parents crying but am still hoping that HW made it. 

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I think every weekend we hope that Jae Wook will start to stand up to Na Kyung and I thought he was going to do it this weekend. I don't know why he ever agreed to that deal, JS is his son too and the fact that Na Kyung is making a deal in return for her "supposed son's" donation should have cancelled her rights as a mother. That deal should not have been ever done. I don't know why he could not consult a family lawyer. Na Kyung has got both families cornered. I know time was of the essence, but if the deal was not done with NK, there was no reason for her to be in the hospital and knowing about the 100% donor. The preview shows the three parents crying but am still hoping that HW made it. 

I’ve given up on JW ever truly standing up to NK. I hope he does but he’s been so passive for 17 years, letting things get to this point. I want JY to be the one to really give it to her anyway. 

46 minutes ago, qynn said:

I’ve given up on JW ever truly standing up to NK. I hope he does but he’s been so passive for 17 years, letting things get to this point. I want JY to be the one to really give it to her anyway. 

Me too, I have given up on Jae Wook with his promises and guilt. Get over the guilt and do something. Yes, JY forget about JW, fight back. I hope Min Ho and Jae Hee will do something too whatever can be done to bring Na Kyung down. 

@foreverempress @zenya22 @qynn I couldn't agree more! JW is really not stepping up. He just mopes and promises to do things, but never carries through. I was glad to see he finally told JS that HW is his real brother, but he needs to do more.

It's like he has given up on life after JY left him. He is so passive, letting everyone around him control him. It's almost like he has been depressed for years. Yes, he made a mistake by cheating on JY, but he should fight to set things right and needs to forgive himself. Most of all, he needs to place his children first!

I went back and watched the trial in ep 1. HW is alive, so he made it! He hopefully got the 100% match donor's bone marrow. What I am curious about, is what the trial is about. I think it could be about JS's custody (as JY was surrounded by reporters who were asking about her "affair"). Then again, is it somehow possible that NK survived this ordeal somehow, and HW ended up with JW's family? It seemed HW had "run away" or at least it seemed he didn't know that his mom was a part of a trial which could suggest he was living elsewhere than with JY and MH.

6 hours ago, partyon said:

I went back and watched the trial in ep 1. HW is alive, so he made it! He hopefully got the 100% match donor's bone marrow. What I am curious about, is what the trial is about. I think it could be about JS's custody (as JY was surrounded by reporters who were asking about her "affair"). Then again, is it somehow possible that NK survived this ordeal somehow, and HW ended up with JW's family? It seemed HW had "run away" or at least it seemed he didn't know that his mom was a part of a trial which could suggest he was living elsewhere than with JY and MH.

I went back and watched the trial too.

HW appears to be in Seoul (or “running” away from Seoul) since he ran out of the station when he saw the news. His treatment must be over since JY promised to send him after it was completed. JY was going to send him anyway, but JS did donate so I suppose the contract she signed with NK holds even if he ends up needing another donation. 

I’m curious about the trial too. It must be about custody but JY feels so guilty, the only way I can see her fighting for custody is if she finds out that NK caused the 100% donor to back out. But if that is the case, shouldn’t it be NK on trial or JW and NK at divorce court? I suppose she’s smart enough to cover her tracks though so even if they “know” she did something, they might not necessarily be able to prove it and knowing JW, he would promise to destroy her and then do nothing. 

It took me a while more than the usual time it takes me to view the episodes because I keep wanting to yell at or argue with JW and throw stones at NK in the first 2 episodes. JW with his guilt and I did my children and JY wrong while NK with poor me, nobody loves me whining. Why of why did JW not take JS away from NK and why did he not tell his parents. It was JH who told JY about NK knowing about the 100% donor and calling the donor to tell him that there was already a family donor willing to give donation. JH would have told her parents in a second if that were her child but she still reserved that for her brother to tell the parents. JY now is suing NK to take JS back as her son and both MH and JW are supporting her but JW is doing it without JY knowing. The grandparents have not been told about what NK has done yet but it seems in the preview, they will be told. As if Na Kyung has not done enough, she now told the Broadcasting director of a topic to be explored in their broadcast program that of a child conceived to save the brother with his cord blood from leukemia. The woman is really unconscionable. I don't think JY knows that the attorney she hired called JW who told him to proceed with the suit. The attorney said that it would be hard for JY to win but JY was adamant. He called JW who convinced him and told the attorney some detail about the case that convinced the attorney to proceed with the suit. During a conversation of the 2 men MH and JY, at a street food vendor JW was drinking and was telling MH about how guilty he feels and about what he did to JY and baby HW. He did not specify what he did that he had an affair and that caused a divorce and MH did not seem to know. In the meantime MH also said that he also was guilty of causing grief to JY who gave JS up because of MH who at that time was not adult and man enough to accept JS therefore caused JY to give up on JS. I hope JW did not use that information. MH maybe guilty of feeling what he felt at the time but he had always been there for JY and HW. 

Na Kyung is a deeply disturbed individual, but I think I'm more angry with Jae Wook at this point. Na Kyung forced Joon Seo to go through an unnecessary and painful procedure and caused HW immense pain and suffering that could have resulted in his death. How could Jae Wook not tell Ji Young and Min Ho after he found out? How could he not tell his parents? The Chairman would have stripped Na Kyung of all her rights in a hot second. How could he leave Joon Seo in that house with Na Kyung?  He should have gathered Ji Young, Min Ho, the grandparents and a lawyer, told them what Na Kyung had done, and they could have made a plan together. Instead, he's playing puppet master behind Ji Young's back while Ji Young prepares to get dragged publicly. Now, I do suspect that Jae Hee going to Ji Young may have been at Jae Wook's direction and that Jae Wook is working in the shadows for a reason (maybe because he doesn't think his father would agree to give custody of Joon Seo to Ji Young and Min Ho?) but again, he should have gathered everyone and told them that Na Kyung messed with the donor ASAP IMO. 

Ji Young probably should have talked to Jae Wook after hearing from Jae Hee, not that I think it would have necessarily made a difference. Jae Wook's in full self-loathing mode. I can understand if she doesn't trust him too much at the moment though. 

I'm glad that Min Ho is supportive of Ji Young fighting for custody and it seems like the looks between Ji Young and Min Ho during the trial were nothing but maybe both feeling bad for what the other is going through. I wonder if she told him about Na Kyung messing with the donor offscreen?

Like I said above, Na Kyung is a deeply disturbed individual. I can't believe she thought Ji Young would give her a pass for what she did. 

@zenya22 My guess is that JW told the lawyer that he has evidence of NK's wrongdoing and will use it in court. When he confronted her about messing with the donor, JW mentioned something about NK covering her tracks. I don't think Ji Young will be able to prove anything on her own, but I could see JW or JH producing a recording of NK admitting to it or something like that. 

13 hours ago, foreverempress said:

Na Kyung... that fashionable witch needs life in prison!!!

That made me laugh for some reason. Yes, she is a witch, but I liked how you called her fashionable at the same time. :D

Her nails are atrocious, though ! Yuck!

Anyway, this week's episodes were really frustrating. I don't think I have ever disliked a villain in a Korean drama as much before. Na kyung is such a master of manipulating. " I have worked so much for your family all these years. Please, understand me. I was at the end of my rope. I didn't have a choice. Bohoo.." She tries to play such a martyr.

I was also very disappointed in JW. It is clear that he has no guts whatsoever. He let's EVERYONE control him. He let NK seduce him, he let his dad force him to marry NK, he let NK do horrible deeds over and over again, etc. He never had any healthy boundaries and he never really stood up for himself or his kids. Sure, he barks a lot but he doesn't know how to bite. Also, it is unforgivable that he is covering for NK's deeds, and that JH had to tell JY about NK's latest antics.

I say this EVERY week, but I really hope JW would step up. Next week this drama will end. If JW doesn't throw NK to the curb, I might just finally throw my laptop out the window. Trust me, I've been close to doing that a few times already. :angry:

On 2/10/2019 at 4:59 AM, partyon said:
On 2/10/2019 at 4:59 AM, partyon said:

I say this EVERY week, but I really hope JW would step up. Next week this drama will end. If JW doesn't throw NK to the curb, I might just finally throw my laptop out the window. Trust me, I've been close to doing that a few times already. :angry:

Sorry to cut your post @partyonI think it will be a good finale and JS and HW will be together with their parents Ji Young and Minho and JW and the Kim family will be part of the kids life too. I hope that Na Kyung will spend time in prison with some therapy. She hurt many people including JS the child she professed to love. I hope in time JS will adjust and forget. Na Kyung used JS and hurt the kid badly by using JS as a business leverage. One reason JW stayed with NK is because he thought NK raised and loved JS well. Now, he knows that when push comes to shove, NK will not hesitate to use JS as a bargaining chip even subjecting him to pain and unnecessary hospitalization when he did not need to. What happens if JS is not useful to her anymore? She was so willing to bet on HW's life for her position and money. Hopefully the she ends in prison. 

15 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I think it will be a good finale and JS and HW will be together with their parents and JW and the Kim family will be part of the kids life too. I hope that Na Kyung will spend time in prison with some therapy. She hurt many people including JS the child she professed to love. I hope in time JS will adjust and forget. Na Kyung used JS and hurt the kid badly by using JS as a business leverage. One reason JW stayed with NK is because he thought NK raised and loved JS well. Now, he knows that when push comes to shove, NK will not hesitate to use JS as a bargaining chip even subjecting him to pain and unnecessary hospitalization when he did not need to. What happens if JS is not useful to her anymore? She was so willing to bet on HW's life for her position and money. Hopefully the she ends in prison.

I really hope you are right, that we will get a happy ending. Do you think that NK will actually be sent to prison? I don't know much about the Korean judicial system, but it seems to me they haven't been doing much to promote the fact that the police would get involved and NK would stand trial for her crimes.

The preview made me vomit a little bit in my mouth as JW and NK were standing in front of the window smiling happily as the snow was falling outside.... The scene would be so much better if JW were standing indoors smiling and NK outdoors crying in the snow.! <there, fixed it :D >

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

I really hope you are right, that we will get a happy ending. Do you think that NK will actually be sent to prison? I don't know much about the Korean judicial system, but it seems to me they haven't been doing much to promote the fact that the police would get involved and NK would stand trial for her crimes.

The preview made me vomit a little bit in my mouth as JW and NK were standing in front of the window smiling happily as the snow was falling outside.... The scene would be so much better if JW were standing indoors smiling and NK outdoors crying in the snow.! <there, fixed it :D >

No, she needs to go to prison. She is a very disturbed person. Maybe that window viewing with JW and NK was a flashback. I can't believe that the family will still accept her. JY also is suing for custody and the reason is that NK is an unfit mother. I really hope that NK gets some time in prison and therapy. Maybe after she served time she will go with the director and they can stay outside in the snow together. JW has been hurt too, he deserves some time for healing and for finding someone who can really love him. 

@partyon@zenya22 I hope the scene of JW and NK watching the snow is a flashback. I can't imagine JW smiling and watching the snow with her after everything she has done, but this is JW so who knows. I have to think he will come through during the trial given his conversations with the lawyer; he's been so weak, I feel like he has to finally step up and expose NK.

NK really needs to go prison, but I don't see it happening, unfortunately. Hopefully, the drama surprises me there.

Otherwise, I think it will be a good ending. If NK gets kicked to the curb, I think both families can clear up misunderstanding and come together to do what's best for the boys. 

Archived