Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

He had some sort of Nivea press event today. No subs yet. 

I can watch 3 minutes of something I don't understand but 1h s a bit too much (this is from someone who binged 10 episodes with no subs). His ponytail is growing mightier. 

I got 2 pimples the other day, it's been awhile. I can't imagine having one for a year, I'm already sick of mine (the deep thoughts of someone who doesn't understand a word except "then").

• Like 1

@siobhanne lol I just finished watching this 1 hr long press conference and honestly, mostly it is the host talking and our boy agreeing with her. "Yes"..."Agree"..."True"..."Right"... lol He is so obedient and didn't waste any words as always. 

The latest news are that he is done wrapping up his latest drama in mainland China and he will be flying to Italy soon to film over there before returning and focusing on doing homework for his next drama of Wu Xie's character. Also, in my true friends, he have a lot of dialogue in Italian and he is learning how to speak that now. I can't wait! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

@siobhanne lol I just finished watching this 1 hr long press conference and honestly, mostly it is the host talking and our boy agreeing with her. "Yes"..."Agree"..."True"..."Right"... lol He is so obedient and didn't waste any words as always. 

The latest news are that he is done wrapping up his latest drama in mainland China and he will be flying to Italy soon to film over there before returning and focusing on doing homework for his next drama of Wu Xie's character. Also, in my true friends, he have a lot of dialogue in Italian and he is learning how to speak that now. I can't wait! 

Hehe. I watched quite a bit of it as well (from when they started playing around with the products). I wonder why he is so critical of pictures of himself, although it was kind of cute how he just secreted the first picture away. A bit of a 90s style marketing, our toothpaste is better than the competitor brands. Honestly I've yet to find a mousse that isn't foamy and firm enough or that smelled totally bad in the store :D

He's coming so close to me. If only I didn't have a life and dignity :( getting in the way of all the fun stalking I could be doing. 

4 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

Hehe. I watched quite a bit of it as well (from when they started playing around with the products). I wonder why he is so critical of pictures of himself, although it was kind of cute how he just secreted the first picture away. A bit of a 90s style marketing, our toothpaste is better than the competitor brands. Honestly I've yet to find a mousse that isn't foamy and firm enough or that smelled totally bad in the store :D

He's coming so close to me. If only I didn't have a life and dignity :( getting in the way of all the fun stalking I could be doing. 

Hahaha...I think that will be the same critical ZYL who looked at all his scenes seriously after filming on whether they are up to his standard or not. I didn't even realize he just pocketed the first pic so smoothly and looking very hot doing it until you point it out lol

I am satisfy just 'licking' the screen but I am seriously envying fans who are in China who can purchase all kind of products related to him as well as attending public events. 

32 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

Hahaha...I think that will be the same critical ZYL who looked at all his scenes seriously after filming on whether they are up to his standard or not. I didn't even realize he just pocketed the first pic so smoothly and looking very hot doing it until you point it out lol

I am satisfy just 'licking' the screen but I am seriously envying fans who are in China who can purchase all kind of products related to him as well as attending public events. 

From what I've read anything sells out in minutes anyway, so even if you were there are you a top gunslinger or a bit slower on the draw : p? 

He should donate his "bad" selfies to charity by sending them to me, instead of wasting carbon emissions and deleting them : p

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm an Italian fan of YiLong so... I didn't resist after I read this news!!! O.O

but first of all... thank you all for everything you posted here... thank you so much!!!! <3

then... I would like to ask to @Breezec if... can understand chinese... I cant and I'm so envious rn... T.T

plus... since YiLong will come in my county... I would like to know if  in the clip he also told WHERE precisely he will come in Italy, wich region or city... I'm so excited... could see him would be a dream come true for me...

• Like 3

@siobhanne Hahahahahahahaha!!! So true!!! I guess I'll just have to be satisfy with his pictures, videos, and drama... 

@katthy Welcome!!! Yes, I can understand Chinese...I learned it from years of watching drama and listening to audio book lol Unfortunately, he didn't say where in Italy and I doubt the production team would inform the public where they are filming but in case, they did mention it I definitely let you know. :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, BreezeC said:

@katthy Welcome!!! Yes, I can understand Chinese...I learned it from years of watching drama and listening to audio book lol

Thanks for your welcome! ^^

whaaaa you're so lucky to understand chinese! and wowwww you've been so so good at learn it from dramas and audio books, really compliments! I learned english (just a very bit of base at school) in the same way... but chinese is really a mistery for me LOL XD

6 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Unfortunately, he didn't say where in Italy and I doubt the production team would inform the public where they are filming but in case, they did mention it I definitely let you know. :)

oh... I was expecting it... of course they'll never say where he'll be filming... what a pity... anyway let's hope... thank you so much for your promise!!! ^^

• Like 1

Okay. Here are some ZYL pics to delight you. 

c49752df8db1cb139640b103d054564e92584bb1

Spoiler

209d00f431adcbef23e05d16a1af2edda2cc9f8d

ff1b4ea7d933c8951a59ba6bdc1373f0820200be10c19525bc315c60494148ff80b1cb134854778d

241f95cad1c8a786ee3cf91e6a09c93d70cf508f

Only tangentially related to ZYL:

Since Zhu Yi Long mentioned keeping ants as pets, I started looking into it back in August. I think I mentioned soewhere. I even caught my own queen, but then it still had its wings so I was thinking maybe/probably it's not fertile (it's the end of the summer and sunny days after rain are hard to come by), so I let it go. And then I've been too lazy to go for another hunt, because I need to move soon and I would need to find them a hybernating place and then I'm changing countries etc, basically got too lazy. But it's okay, because there are cool ant videos online. There's this one channel I've become a fan of: AntsCanada. They released a super cool video this week that I wanted to share, so you can also become crazy ant fans: 

They have a lot of other cool videos there, but like, I get so hyped up about several new scientific findings within the space of a day, that's so cool!

Thanks for the pics and the vid about his character for the new video game, he's so handsome in that costume and long hair (which i love btw) I think he's really improving and growing in popularity after Guardian  ^^

All right... and today I want to post a little piece of BTS vid I found out on the net, don't remember where precisely though (sorry, probably YouKu), it's about his new serie "Granting you a dreamlike life"

this a gif I made zoomed on him just to rolling LOL

1750994BTS_GrantingYouADreamlikeLife.gif

here the vid:

Spoiler

I'm just mesmerized by HIM... His expressions and physicality are MIND-BLOWING, His PERFECTION is behind any real imagination!!! :wub: 

6 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@katthy that's my favourite moment from that video as well. It's also in the show from the front perspective.

front prospective? really?!!! whuaaaa can't wait to see :love:

6 hours ago, siobhanne said:

Avenuex published a first look review of the drama: 

She's a Zhu Yi Long fan, clearly : ) 

hihihihi... she  even considers the show unwatchable if it wasn't for HIM!!!!!  LOLOLOL :D

Well...  I can't judge it for now... untill I didn't have eng sub I can't understand the story BUT... FOR SURE Yilong is really really PERFECT in this show, he has a full multiplicity of facial and body expressions that really show his hotness as much as his talent as actor so... I can't definitely argue with Avenuex about this sentence LOLOL :D

• LOL 1

@katthy Hi, welcome! I am curious, are you new to chinese drama?

About Letting You Float Like a Dream, I only have watched a couple of episodes. I know it is a rather simple romance story  and I a more or less agree with AvenueX assessment. However, like I have been said in my previous post here, Guardian (especially Zhu Yi Long acting and also his acting in other dramas) messed up my standard for good acting. I am literally in withdrawal from an acting that can make me "feel". So I am planning to make Letting You Float as my drug to cure me. By all of your comments about Zhu Yi Long acting in there, this drama should be a perfect drug for me. Perhaps just fast forwarding to the scene Zhu Yi Long in it.

• Like 1

To be honest i don't like movie, drama or chines song but....until i saw guardian...booommm...i'm falling in love with them

Now, my phone full of all about guardian. I' fall in love to bai yu, i love his cheerfull, his mustache, his beard but there is something wrong...who i'm stalking is always about zhu yilong

He make me like crazy, i'm looking for his old drama, old movie, his song, his varity show, his picture, fanmade video...

But there so hard to find information about him until i find this official thread zhu yilong

Thanks, please let me join in here

I'm sorry if my english so bad

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, xienrue said:

Hi Xienrue, well... I'm kind of new... I've landend in drama's world this March and was like a bam for me! I felt in love with this genre right away, I've been watching since then korean, thai and chinese dramas. For the majority I've watched ethero korean dramas but I really enjoy watching BL dramas that has such sweetness and deep love that makes my heart melt... I watched very few chinese dramas BUT... Guardian has been like a revelation to me!  After I watched it I've became pretty much addicted to Zhu Yi Long, to his gorgeousness and talent as well :sweatingbullets::wub:

3 hours ago, xienrue said:

About Letting You Float Like a Dream, I only have watched a couple of episodes. I know it is a rather simple romance story  and I a more or less agree with AvenueX assessment. However, like I have been said in my previous post here, Guardian (especially Zhu Yi Long acting and also his acting in other dramas) messed up my standard for good acting. I am literally in withdrawal from an acting that can make me "feel". So I am planning to make Letting You Float as my drug to cure me. By all of your comments about Zhu Yi Long acting in there, this drama should be a perfect drug for me. Perhaps just fast forwarding to the scene Zhu Yi Long in it.

Same here! really ZYL messed up my standard for good acting as well, I'm mesmerized by him and his talent, REALLY A LOT!!!

He's really at the top in Letting You Float Like A Dream and I'm sure you will be not disappointed LOL  I've watched like 9 episodes without understand a word just because I haven't been able to stop to be enchanted by him... so you know... it's really a good and healthy kind of drog LOL :D 

• Like 2

He had an interview with Esquire magazine recently. It's available for pre-sale but since we are unfortunate inernational fans, I've taken the liberty to google tranlate + interpret the interview here in english, since I love it so much and we can't buy it anyway. I don't know where chinese fans already got the text from, but here it is anyway. Bear in mind, this is my interpretation of google translation, there will be changes in tone, there will be mistakes, I might get some things totally wrong, I just do this because I really like this interview. (Any gaps and mistakes, maybe @BreezeC can fill in). I really like his attitude towards work. Recently I've read a bit more of his chinese fan forums, and they are putting so much effort into increasing the view count of his latest drama, making sure to vote for him in all the polls, criticizing his choices/options for shows, lamenting that maybe he will soon lose popularity, then even being super modest or critical about his acting skills and looks in case others get annoyed at them for overselling. It's a tiny bit annoying to see such attitude. So maybe he won't be stalked everywhere he goes, but a person who looks great, plus has versatile looks, is great at creating characters, is hard working, polite and in general with a super attitude, now that people know that such a person exists, there will always be good people willing to work with him. And if in the future he doesn't get the starring role because the people with the money want someone more popular, then he will create an interesting supporting role. Meanwhile he has earned some money for retirement. What is there to be so anxious about, wishing for things that he himself doesn't want, calling someone who is 30 too old to be popular, what teenage nonsense. Anyway. Interview behind the cut.

Spoiler

ESQ: When did you realize you were popular?
ZYL: I was filming, so there wasn't any obvious feeling until I went to record Happy Camp. I got scared when I arrived, there were too many people and the police were called.

ESQ: Your fans boast that even if everything else is bad, you are not bad (quality of acting). How do you think about imperfect scripts?
ZYL: My endurance is good. In fact, there are times when the script that comes is not good or has logic problems. It would be much better to straighten out the character's lines, otherwise there is really no way to play it.

ESQ: What do you think of the previous experience?
ZYL: How many good movies can you have in a year? The public is enjoying, the industry feels that the film is really good, the actors are getting praised and the director is great. Considering it carefully, one such movie is not bad. The characters you would be fortunate to be able to play in such a good production are even fewer. Most actors have been acting, but the chances of playing their favourite characters are small. Unless one says that since I don't like the characters, I'm not going to shoot this. But if you don't shoot, who is looking for you? If I have not graduated from a decade long practice and experience, how can I perform when I really get a good show? It's alright, but it's definitely not the result of the current performance of Guardian.

ESQ: I'm asking a poking question. When you played the monkey (the Savage, from the movie The Savage), what was your creative desire?
ZYL: I started out resisting, a savage, how do you play it. When I first looked at it I also felt that the character's story needs to be revisited once. But I have a very good relationship with the director of the show. We reached a consensus: it is also very good to play seriously. In fact, it was also that we really played very seriously. 

ESQ: What did you learn from that experience?
ZYL: The actor really needs this, it enhances your resilience. You will encounter various problems later. Is it difficult? It's really not, I even played a monkey. [Including the previous filming, then I took it unreasonably. Now I have a logical problem. The problem of the script must be much better than before. You have a solution, and your mentality will be much better. Because of some small difficulties, small problems will be repelled]. 

[] - this is exactly google translation

ESQ: So far, which dramas or roles have played a key role in your performance method or performance style?
ZYL: I have 3 plays in mind. "Family Banquet", "Love of Three Lifetimes" and "The story of Ming Lan". Firstly, Family Banquet. There is a big difference between Feng Douzi (his character in the show) and my own characters. He doesn't go to school, he just wants to make money. He sells a pyramid scheme and sells a house. [It is a mixed king]. I had only graduated a year when I played that role. I am glad I played a role like this after graduation. [If I had played a cold role, it is not expected.]. When I played Love of Three Lifetimes I was not confident in my heart, because there were especially few lines. At that time everyone was yelling at actors: there's no expression. Who wouldn't have wanted to have an aura, a vivid performance. But the character in the script is stone-faced, the role is like that, what can you say?

ESQ: [This time will test your inner drama].
ZYL: [Yes, but everyone's aesthetics may not be understandable at the time. I was playing drums in my heart and always talking to the director.] In the end I wasn't overly expressive with my face, but I tried to keep his inner feelings in my heart. The ultimate goal, such as his ultimate desire for love. I made his love and hate more distinct. 

ESQ: What is the impact of The Story of Ming Lan?
ZYL: Actually I made an attempt in The Story of Ming Lan called "not designed". In the past when I was filming, I had to make the characters logically smooth. I was very prepared in the early stage. When I played I had my own ideas and inertia. But in The Story of Ming Lan, my character didn't have so much background information/scenes and the director was controlling the whole rhythm. You don't know what kind of temperament the whole show has and you can't just follow your own rhythm. 

ESQ: How did you approach it this time?
ZYL: I didn't do so much homework. When I first started shooting, I would talk to the director a little more every time I went on the set. I always asked the director how he sees Qi Heng, this person. Trusting the guide. He is very thoughtful. [He is not a kind of person with Qi Heng. If he looks more objective, I will adjust to what he wants.] The more I shoot, the more I remind myself to let go of my thoughts.

ESQ: What do you think of the relationship between an actor and his looks?
ZYL: First of all, I don't think it's a contradictory relationship. There is no connection necessarily between being good-looking and giving a performance. However, some types of movies require actors to look good, otherwise the audience will not believe that you are that character. The image/looks in film and television shows can really help the actor to improve the charm of the character, but it depends on how you use it. You can't play it in a way that makes the audience think you are saying "I am handsome" all the time. 

ESQ: Did you play the stage version of Devils on the Doorstep?
ZYL: [Right! I played two necks, and the lines were all Tangshan dialects. "I am a mouthful, just follow my mother, it is not strict". The previous edition was played by Huang Wei. Our classmates especially liked director Jiang Wen and they got a new version.]

ESQ: Did you have a [class with Jiang Wen? He is more open than you.]
ZYL: [It's quite a class.] Publicity/openness [is from self-confidence. If you have a very successful work, you took a photo of a "sunny day". Splendid days, what you say is based on the work, your idea is right, you have to express yourself more, you can be publicized. If you don't have these enthusiasm, you will be unassuming, and if] people [don't know who you are, you will recognize you. Right?]

ESQ: In your performance, have you ever dared to take risks and have no regrets?
ZYL: I have always been adventurous, but I have no regrets. On the contrary, when I was filming in the early days, I was more courageous. I felt that no one was watching the small movies broadcast on TV stations late at night. I dared to try any show.

ESQ: We saw that you have accumulated some performance methods. For example, if you are injured you swallow the blood into your throat and then spit it out. Fu Hongxue puts a stone in his shoes. Why not use smart methods instead? For example, first feel a few days, but then take the stone out when playing?
ZYL: [I don't think there's any way to make a chance to perform. Of course, I can be smarter, but I have seen interviews and autobiographies of many foreign actors. I have not reached their immersive performances. I am eager for such performances. Maybe the damage to yourself will be bigger], but I think to at least to have a work and be immersed in the role is interesting. [Or else, what do you shoot for a lifetime?] If it's all skill, if it's all smarts, then what is the use?

ESQ: You also played a lot of roles with a big contrast. Looking back, will you be shocked by yourself?
ZYL: [To be honest, those who are really not good enough, partial fur, shaped characters are still a little superficial. Actors can play a variety of emotions, various roles, but are you really profound?] Still very far away from that. In fact, no actor can play this role today, that role tomorrow, it is conditional, you need to take the time to experience his life.

ESQ: Have you been so clear since childhood?
ZYL: I don't know. Looking back now, it might be related to having my father. My dad especially likes to tell me about life and reason. [When I was 3 years old, my dad took me in the snow and began to tell me "how people have been through for a lifetime."] My dad is a kind father. He has never beaten me. [My dad is in a good mood to pick me up today. I will take me to play games directly. My mum chased me out and took me back. My mother is quite strict.]

ESQ: Your parents treat you quite differently?
ZYL: Yes, when I was a child I looked better than now. (TN: No, you didn't.) I had yellow hair (TN: No, you didn't), and my eyes were too big. [My mum liked to give me a little baby, rub a red nail polish, wear a little skirt or something. My dad used to practice Sanda.] He [officially tempered this matter, then threw me into the Sanda team to fight boxing.] When it comes to masculinity, I think the parents' influence really affects the children.

ESQ: You said that you like your life to be simpler, but your characters to be complex. Why? 
ZYL: Laziness (laughs). Every day is so complex, I think so much, get tired. The life I like is: the simpler it is the better, the people who touch my life should be simpler, and the things they do simpler. The characters I play I still like to be complex and layered. I don't want to play a role where from the first episode you can guess what he is like in the last episode. 

ESQ: [Some people say that your actor is quite untimely.] (I think they're saying he is late/old to become popular)
ZYL: [When we graduated we turned on the TV. The main characters in it were Sun Honglei and Zhang Jia translated the teacher. We played the son and played the younger brother. You want to play some complicated characters, no chance, no qualifications. When we slowly moved from the age of 20 to the age of 30, we finally played the role we wanted to play. Everyone liked the very tender and young actor. We seem to have missed something.]

ESQ: Do you feel wronged?
ZYL: Fortunately, I don't think much about it. I am neither a young novice, nor an old master. If I can't play the role I want to play, then I will play something else. Anyway, I have played a monkey, what else can't I play, right?

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, xienrue said:

I tend to anyway watch dramas on faster speed, so I'll usually play faster when he is not in the scene, and slow down for his scenes. But actually the show is quite watchable. The first 2 episodes are more silly, and then it gets gradually better. In the beginning episodes he is not in so many scenes (the first 10 so far), but that will probably change now that he gains importance in the girl's life. For this type of drama, that is intended for a teenage audience, it is actually fairly good. Because they haven't had sily misunderstandings yet or okay, there's one cartoonish annoying character, but otherwise the surrounding characters all seem human. This is way better than Meteor Garden or stuff like that. And his character is complex and the type that women love to fall for. The costumes have a fairly modern feel, but actually looking into it, although the exact cut is not replicated, at least the things they have used, like granny smith apples and converse shoes did exist in the time period. So they haven't spit on history, they just have a limited budget, want that idol feel to a drama, and can explain that it is just the re-imagining of someone's tale (think 1001 nights). The most unfortunate thing is that the first 10 episodes is the time for the second male lead, who is not a very strong actor. But Zhu Yi Long delivered 2 scenes, one which made my chest literally (really, literally) ache for him, and another which made me go all soft for him. Plus one scene where he is deliciously naughty and sexy. That is sort of the most you can get out of it shipping wise as of yet. The story is still quite boring, but that might be because I can't understand a lick of chinese and am not feeling the second male lead. The benefit of the slow start to their relationship is that we get to experience why she falls for him, instead of inexplicably immediately falling for him (like with the second male lead, cough).

• Like 1

@siobhanne Thank you SO MUCH for the translation of YL's interview, I just read it and love it... I'm very happy to be able to know as much as possible about this man... I always had the impression that he was a kind of person that is very reserved and don't like give much informations about himself, his habits and life... so knowing more about him can help me to know him better and knowing if I'm right about my first impression or not LOL :D

Moreover thanks for your little review about Letting You Float Like a Dream... I hope we can talk about those scenes you mentioned in the drama topic ;)