[Drama 2018-2019] Less than Evil/ Bad Detective 나쁜 형사

larus

Investigation Team Gets Closer As They Enjoy New Year’s Dinner On “Less Than Evil"

by sala12
ada201c1040749309efd3eccc863092c.jpeg?s=

MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Less Than Evil” has released stills of the S&S (Serious & Serial) team going out to dinner for the new year!

“Less Than Evil” is a Korean remake of the popular BBC series “Luther.” The drama follows Woo Tae Seok (played by Shin Ha Kyun), a detective who will do whatever it takes to achieve justice, and Eun Sun Jae (played by Lee Seol), a psychopath who enjoys playing mind games with him.

The S&S team is the task team that deals with serial killers. With the team leader Woo Tae Seok at the center, the team is also composed of diverse characters: Hwang Dong Yeon (played by Baro), Woo Tae Seok’s partner who respects and follows him; Shin Ga Young (played by Bae Da Bin), who dreams and advocates for a nine to five work shift; Lee Moon Ki (played by Yang Gi Won), who completely trusts and supports Woo Tae Seok; and Ban Ji Deuk (played by Bae Yoo Ram), an IT professional who used to run his own detective agency but was chosen as an adviser due to his outstanding skills.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1288415wpp/investigation-team-gets-closer-enjoy-new-years-dinner-less-evil

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dramas potential went to waste. We are near the end, but I have yet so see the detective consult BYW for advice in the psychopaths he’s after for cases. And the main villain is mediocre at best (compared to some of the big baddies i’ve Seen on Black, switch, players, etc that set the bar high for evil. If he was gonna be the main villain, at least ave some big boss behind him or another layer of story than just depending on the other bad detective and money. After a point it just becomes ridiculous how JM is still alive and free after so many injuries and run in with police.) don’t get me wrong. Love show and characters, just wish that there had been more originality and twists to show.

Annyeong everyone

I'm new to this thread, just started this drama 2 days ago and got hooked. I'm now on the latest episode which is E19-E20.

Main reason why I watch this drama is because of Shin Ha Kyun. This amazing actor intrigues me since Brain, the 1st drama which I saw him acted in. This is the first time I watch Lee Seol in a drama. So I still don't have any opinions on her. Hopefully by end of this drama, I might become a fan.

Hi @mrsj3n @sushilicious I just want to say Hi so that this thread won't be so quiet :D

5 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong everyone

I'm new to this thread, just started this drama 2 days ago and got hooked. I'm now on the latest episode which is E19-E20.

Main reason why I watch this drama is because of Shin Ha Kyun. This amazing actor intrigues me since Brain, the 1st drama which I saw him acted in. This is the first time I watch Lee Seol in a drama. So I still don't have any opinions on her. Hopefully by end of this drama, I might become a fan.

Hi @mrsj3n @sushilicious I just want to say Hi so that this thread won't be so quiet :D

Hahah welcome to the party 

No wonder your name is familiar @sushilicious you were in The Guest thread too. I was there too when the drama was showing. Until today I still remember PAARRRRKKKKK ILLLLLL DOOOOOO :D And I like "My Chanie" in the drama. He's amazing as Hwa Pyung. Kim Jae Wook as Choi Yun / Matteo is great too.

@alekaonu HAHHAHAHA My Chan~ Is my first hahaha. I really like him! He has a movie coming up next month and a drama on MBC in april haha...:heart::love:  Japanese Waffle boy is handsome too! Even My chan is on my profile ahaha

4 hours ago, philosophie said:

The dramas potential went to waste. We are near the end, but I have yet so see the detective consult BYW for advice in the psychopaths he’s after for cases. And the main villain is mediocre at best (compared to some of the big baddies i’ve Seen on Black, switch, players, etc that set the bar high for evil. If he was gonna be the main villain, at least ave some big boss behind him or another layer of story than just depending on the other bad detective and money. After a point it just becomes ridiculous how JM is still alive and free after so many injuries and run in with police.) don’t get me wrong. Love show and characters, just wish that there had been more originality and twists to show.

You are right.

Other than the never dying JHM, I'm still interested with ESJ's mind and how she will react when she know what WTS did at the police station.

The latest episode was great but it's really unbelievable that JHM has yet managed to escape with those injuries.

Now I'm also looking forward for captain pancake to be caught. 

2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Now I'm also looking forward for captain pancake to be caught. 

Ah, you finally called him pancake. Haha.

I kind of like give up the “close proximity” between WTS ESJ. Based on this episode, their ties are slightly broken:cry:

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

Ah, you finally called him pancake. Haha.

I kind of like give up the “close proximity” between WTS ESJ. Based on this episode, their ties are slightly broken:cry:

Yes. Because I forget his name but remembered your explanation about pancake. LOL

And yes... I doubt anything sinister will happen between WTS and ESJ giving how he betrayed her at first and guilt later.

If me? I'll personally will enjoying making him crazy as a revenge since he caused the death of "my" mother as he wanted to protect his sister.

@alekaonu hello! Welcome to the thread. 

I'll promise to tone down my excitement as I don't want  @sushilicious and her PID to wait for me at the other side. :joy:

Dropping by after awhile...

Man... this thread is quieter than I expected. 

@mrsj3n @sushilicious  both of you are the epitome of loyalty! :thumbsup:

Hello hello...welcome @alekaonu

Anyway,

The drama's writer failed to live up to the expectation from most of us.

They keep resurrecting JHM, making him looks like some kind of immortal baddie, losing the chance to spice up the plot with other varieties of villains. 

I was expecting ESJ to be a psychopath who contributes her psychopathic mind to read how other psychopath villains think and act by being the consult for the team. *sigh*

I was expecting too much, I guess. 

It's such a waste of great acting talent!

It started off great, but...hmmm.. 

I am tired of watching them keep chasing JHM :persevere:

They are taking too much sweet time to reach the point where WTS is forced to make a choice (again) between BYW and his sister - in order to develop ESJ character and her reaction to the truth about the past and how that will change her mind to WTS (which is next week's episode). *sigh*

I will drop by again once in awhile if there is anything interesting to comment on. Hahaha!

Till then... ciao!

Haven't watched the latest episodes so can't really write anything about them. But I 'm with everyone. 

This drama started really good but some where along it went south. Maybe bc JHM is still live. What  is with korean dramas: there's always this one real bad guy. And ge always dies in the finale. OR maybe I had too much expections on this drama bc I love the original.

Lee seol is rookie actress. So her playing ESJ( alice in the original) is pretty good. 

Spoiler

Confession. I totally bursted out laughing when JM and det W were shot. The blood pouring out was soooo cheesy and fake. And when JM was laying back with blood on his face, all I could think was if they wanted a scene where the villain looks like a complete blood thirsty maniac when he dies, then they’ve certainly succeeded at that. One ep left, and still no consultation from SJ to det w about a case. Seems like they’ll just be at each other’s throats in the end. I am curious if they will reveal how her adoptive parents die and  anyone’s theory on what happened with that.

Archived